2010-2011 NHL Regular Season Thread

That's just their bad then, unless there was something wrong with Halak? Columbus isn't THAT good, that's the bottom line. lol

Edit:

Watching NHL on the fly.

Bruins/Pens = WOW, must of been a fun game!?

Sabres/Devils = WOW, how bad does it have to get... Shoot out and then kovalchuck chokes? LOL

Edit 2:

Halak was in he was just rubbish that game but the whole team was just rubbish too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']fucking Avery. Man, I can't stand that guy.[/QUOTE]

You love him when he's on your team, you hate him when he's not. I'm a Rangers fan so I love him. Plus, he's always been effective for the Rangers.

[quote name='madbst']You love him when he's on your team, you hate him when he's not. I'm a Rangers fan so I love him. Plus, he's always been effective for the Rangers.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much goes for every other goon in the league.;)

[quote name='shieryda']Pretty much goes for every other goon in the league.;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess, except for the effective part. Some goons are just there to stir things up and have no offensive ability whatsoever, including Boogard, who just scored his first goal in 4 years :applause: a couple weeks back.

[quote name='shieryda']Sweeeeeeeeet! That's about an $80 card.

Do you collect cards, then? I've got a BGS 9.5 Byfuglien coming from ebay. And I got some Burmistrovs on the way, too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I collect most everything, not as much baseball compared to the other sports, but I have a little of everything.

Byfuglien was my favorite hawk and I eyed some of his cards last year, but never pulled the trigger.

Have you bought any of the new hockey stuff that has come out the past couple of weeks? I have kinda been saving my cash for a hobby box of Black Diamond when those come out. I did pick up a blaster box of this years Victory...so that was exciting :lol:

Pat Burns died. Lost his battle with cancer at the age of 58. Probably everybody was aware already but figured it be mentioned here.

[quote name='AK85']Have you bought any of the new hockey stuff that has come out the past couple of weeks? I have kinda been saving my cash for a hobby box of Black Diamond when those come out. I did pick up a blaster box of this years Victory...so that was exciting :lol:[/QUOTE]

Can't wait for the Donruss set to come out next month, there's a Michael Ontkean autograph as part of the Fans of the Game insert (one per box). Slap Shot and Twin Peaks own.

[quote name='AK85']Yeah I collect most everything, not as much baseball compared to the other sports, but I have a little of everything.

Byfuglien was my favorite hawk and I eyed some of his cards last year, but never pulled the trigger.

Have you bought any of the new hockey stuff that has come out the past couple of weeks? I have kinda been saving my cash for a hobby box of Black Diamond when those come out. I did pick up a blaster box of this years Victory...so that was exciting :lol:[/QUOTE]

I only collect Upper Deck (and mostly only the Young Guns exclusively). I just got one of each:

Subban
Eberle
Tangradi
Stepan
Kadri
B. Schenn
Burmistrov
E. Karlsson
Anisimov
P. Sharp
T. Thomas
J. Skinner

I still need to get a Taylor Hall, though. Seguin will be in series 2 (in February), so I'll have to get some funds together for that one, too. Thinking about buying some cases of UD series 1 and 2 from the last 3 years...

I usually trade or sell off the inserts.

If anyone is looking to buy a box, if you don't have a local shop, try Dave and Adam's Card World (dacardworld.com). They have pretty decent prices and usually have free shipping.

RIP Pat Burns. They just showed a tribute to him on the NHL Network. During his speech about the new arena they are building in his honor, my 3-year-old son asked "Is he sad?" I had to turn away because I got all emotional.

Last edited by a moderator:
im going to the sharks game tonight. so i really hope they dont blow a 2 goal lead in the 3rd and lose in OT for a 3rd straight game.

It was a nice shutout by Bryzgalov, but the Oilers are the worst team in the NHL (the Islanders are an AHL team lol). It's easy to outplay them.

We'll see which line Ovechkin starts in his next game. He was laughing and joking with Kovalchuk during the press conference after the Devils' blow-out win over the Caps:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=342527

I really feel badly for both Edmonton and NYI. They have loads of young talent, but just cannot scratch out the wins.

I feel bad for Phoenix. There was like no crowd at their game yesterday. Don't care about the Ovechikin thing. It was stupid that they were so close to the conference room but other than that I have no issue.

It really is inexcusable, I figured last season's success would carry over to better attendance this year. Maybe things will change once they have a reliable owner, it might be kind of hard to get behind a team you think will be leaving the next year. At least they showed up during the playoffs I guess.

There are so many Canadian transplants out here, and people from the Great Lakes region... if they are such big hockey fans, why do they not go to Coyotes games and see a good team play? It's frustrating, we finally have a decent team and people are not supporting them enough.

[quote name='madbst']It was a nice shutout by Bryzgalov, but the Oilers are the worst team in the NHL (the Islanders are an AHL team lol). It's easy to outplay them.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but the Coyotes are also on a 7 game winning streak and are just dismantling all the Canadian teams. ;)

Stamkos is a machine. Its a bit early to talk about 50 in 50 though. Would be incredible.

Wings got smoked by atlanta tonight. Not a great effort and they were outplayed big time. Only the fourth loss of the season so overall things are going great.

My girl and I went to the Wings charity wine tasting monday night and had a great time. I'll post a couple pics this weekend.

Interesting story on Jonathan Cheechoo on NHL Network right now. I did not realize that he won the Richard tropy, and is now in the AHL trying to work his way back to the NHL.

Also, for those of you playing along at home:

Stamkos - 24 GP, 21 G

yukine, what do you think about Korpikoski? I just keep seeing his name in the highlights almost daily. I picked up a few of his rc's over the past couple weeks.

Supposedly, Pronger has pulled ahead of Lidstrom in All-Star voting. Madness, I say!

Lastly, Big Buff is really making a name for himself in Atlanta.

[quote name='shieryda']

Supposedly, Pronger has pulled ahead of Lidstrom in All-Star voting. Madness, I say!

[/QUOTE]

He did, but he's still behind Duncan Keith.

I'm not sure I agree with the votes Prongs is getting, even being a Flyers fan. He hasn't that great of a year, but not terrible. Definitely not All-Star worthy.

Sergei "Bob" Bobrovski is second in the goaltenders votes. Not bad for someone who wasn't even going to make the roster had Leighton not been hurt.

It's no surprise Crosby is first, Stamkos is in second in total votes.

Sergei "Bob" Bobrovski is second in the goaltenders votes. Not bad for someone who wasn't even going to make the roster had Leighton not been hurt.

This guy came from out of NOWHERE. I love the success he's having, but I'm not sure how I feel about first year players getting so many votes. If he gets in, that's cool, though.

[quote name='shieryda']Interesting story on Jonathan Cheechoo on NHL Network right now. I did not realize that he won the Richard tropy, and is now in the AHL trying to work his way back to the NHL.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we did a sympathy signing for one year on him to our minor league team. At least that's the last I heard.

Dustin Byfuglien is racking up the points that's for sure. Question for you all. Does a defenseman who doesn't kill penalties get any consideration for the Norris trophy? So far this season Byfuglien has 4 minutes of penalty kill time.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg went off last night. Both had highlight reel goals and Z racked up 4 points against the Sharks.

Mike Modano is probably done for the regular season. He was accidently cut on the wrist by a skate blade over the weekend and apparently it's very serious.

How does Jimmy Howard who has won 27 of his last 33 starts not even get on the All-Star ballot? Out of the 18 goaltenders named to the ballot, Howard has more wins than 16 others, has a better save percentage than 11 others and a better goals against than 14 others.

^You did see that coming though right? lol

[quote name='TC']Datsyuk and Zetterberg went off last night. Both had highlight reel goals and Z racked up 4 points against the Sharks.[/QUOTE]

Kinda easy to do when the other team doesn't have any D or a goalie... Still, could be worse... could be in NJ.

St. Louis vs. Washington on NHL Network right now. Should be a good one. I picked up some Berglund, Pietrangelo and Boyes rookie cards today, so you know who I'll be rooting for.

I went to the Hurricanes-Stars game on Monday. It was a REALLY bad game for Carolina.

On a lighter note, they had something called BBQ Nachos which I tried. Worst decision I've ever made for concessions at a sporting event, ugh.

^They still lost in the end so it's all good.

As for the Sharts... It's nice that the Jackets can out do them. It's getting lonely at the bottom.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Sympathy sandbagging/night off Tc? At work, don't believe the final score.[/QUOTE]

Nah no excuses really. The Wings got thier butts handed to them in the second and third. On a related note Jiri Hudler should have stayed in Russia. Man he's been useless.

by the way, crosby's on pace for 71 goals. if he maintained the pace of his current streak for an entire season, it's 91 goals. NINETY ONE

Crosby is insane this season.

Also, damn Chris Stewart for breaking his hand in a fight. He was doing well, too.

Dallas' top 3 guys are kinda on fire right now, too.

bread's done
Back