2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs - Boston Wins!

[quote name='Habbler']OMG I would of never ever predicted a game 7 for Hawks and Canucks. This is truly epic. I don't care if the blackhawks don't pull off the 4 win comeback, but oh man if they did. I am loving playoff hockey this yer.[/QUOTE]

Can't believe we couldn't put the Hawks away tonight. Unbelievable. Words escape me. :wall:

[quote name='Dasflikko']Can't believe we couldn't put the Hawks away tonight. Unbelievable. Words escape me. :wall:[/QUOTE]

hawks win game 7. they are in vancouvers head. you know they gotta be thinking about the last two seasons right now. plus they have the pressure of being the top canadian team. not to mention the presidents trophy, could be the 3rd straight year that the top team gets knocked out in the first round.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']hawks win game 7. they are in vancouvers head. you know they gotta be thinking about the last two seasons right now. plus they have the pressure of being the top canadian team. not to mention the presidents trophy, could be the 3rd straight year that the top team gets knocked out in the first round.[/QUOTE]

Very possible. If our spirits are not crushed from this loss, we have a chance though. I thought we deserved a better fate tonight, but sometimes you lose a game you deserve to win before you break a slump.

All I hope is that we come out like we did tonight, tighten up a bit and just leave it all on the ice. If we still lose, then the better team won and I will tip my hat to the Hawks.

[quote name='Dasflikko']Very possible. If our spirits are not crushed from this loss, we have a chance though. I thought we deserved a better fate tonight, but sometimes you lose a game you deserve to win before you break a slump.

All I hope is that we come out like we did tonight, tighten up a bit and just leave it all on the ice. If we still lose, then the better team won and I will tip my hat to the Hawks.[/QUOTE]

Tonight's game for the Canucks was like Game 4 for the Rangers. They deserved to win, but lost. They went to Game 5, played for about 5 minutes and gave up.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']not to mention the presidents trophy, could be the 3rd straight year that the top team gets knocked out in the first round.[/QUOTE]

Really hoping for this.

I know not every series has been decided yet, but are there vague dates when the Semis start? I'm guessing Friday or Saturday...

[quote name='Dasflikko']Very possible. If our spirits are not crushed from this loss, we have a chance though. I thought we deserved a better fate tonight, but sometimes you lose a game you deserve to win before you break a slump.

All I hope is that we come out like we did tonight, tighten up a bit and just leave it all on the ice. If we still lose, then the better team won and I will tip my hat to the Hawks.[/QUOTE]

Luongo is a huge question mark. He hasn't played solid his last couple of starts (he played decent in relief, except for the whole losing part). The Sedin's haven't even been a factor in the series, which is what's really killing the Canucks. Get them to show up tomorrow night and they should be able to wrap it up.

[quote name='KingBroly']Thursday/Friday I believe.[/QUOTE]

Any potential Game 7s will be over by Wednesday. If the first round is wrapped up by tomorrow,then maybe Thursday. So it will be sometime this weekend, Friday at the earliest I'd say, more likely Saturday.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Luongo is a huge question mark. He hasn't played solid his last couple of starts (he played decent in relief, except for the whole losing part). The Sedin's haven't even been a factor in the series, which is what's really killing the Canucks. Get them to show up tomorrow night and they should be able to wrap it up.
[/QUOTE]

I'm tired of our franchise goalie being a fucking question mark for 3 years in a row. It's just maddening. I'm also pretty tired of the Canucks having almost zero composure in their zone. They handle the puck like it's a grenade at times. Obviously they are having trouble handling the immense pressure place on their shoulders, but that's no excuse.

As for the Sedins, I am terribly disappointed in their ability to rise to the occasion. Henrik's dive last night was just shameful. Also where the fuck is our Selke candidate, 41 goal scorer Kesler? I don't care how much of a shutdown role he has to play. Do something in the offensive zone! Gah whatever. There is nothing more epic and potentially awesome as a game 7 in the NHL playoffs, this is great drama, even if it is coming at the expense of my heart!

[quote name='Dasflikko']I'm tired of our franchise goalie being a fucking question mark for 3 years in a row. It's just maddening. [/QUOTE]

the grass isn't always greener. we got rid of nabokov this year,and im not sure we are better off for it in the post season. once again we had a goalie play great down the stretch only to have shaky (shaky is being generous really) start to the playoffs. 4.30 GAA, .855 Save, cmon Nemo!

Oh man the Canucks are in some deep shit. If Cory Schneider isn't hurt who plays in game seven? Coin flip I guess. Roberto or as I call him the Head Vampire has a serious, serious issue with the Blackhawks. The Sedin twins are being outplayed in every aspect by Dave Bolland. Kessler is probably playing too many high stress minutes without Manny Malhotra in the lineup. The Canucks defense beyond Kevin Bieksa are just average right now. And hey the Blackhawks are pretty damn good.

As a Wings fan I can only sit back and grin. Hopefully the Kings force game seven and everyone gets just a bit more worn down while my guys rest up.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Any potential Game 7s will be over by Wednesday. If the first round is wrapped up by tomorrow,then maybe Thursday. So it will be sometime this weekend, Friday at the earliest I'd say, more likely Saturday.[/QUOTE]

There's a day of rest for teams between their Game 7 of the Quarterfinals and Game 1 of the Semifinals. So the Canucks or Blackhawks will play Game 1 of the Semifinals on Thursday. Same goes for Philly or Buffalo.

[quote name='KingBroly']There's a day of rest for teams between their Game 7 of the Quarterfinals and Game 1 of the Semifinals. So the Canucks or Blackhawks will play Game 1 of the Semifinals on Thursday. Same goes for Philly or Buffalo.[/QUOTE]

If the Blackhawks and Sharks both advance, the Sharks could go to 7 games, game 7 being on Wednesday, so that scenario wouldn't have Game 1 until Friday at the earliest. There are 3 potential game 7s on Wednesday night, so things are far from clear. But depending on how it goes tonight and Tuesday there are a couple of series that could start Thursday I guess (Detroit/Nashville stands out). But I mean, Washington could be playing damn near anyone right now and the two remaining series in the West are close too.

edit: My previous post I should have been more clear, I didn't mean the semis would start Saturday, just that a lot of series would start on Saturday, but the semis could start Friday, but expect Game 1s to stretch into Saturday too. Make sense?

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']If the Blackhawks and Sharks both advance, the Sharks could go to 7 games, game 7 being on Wednesday, so that scenario wouldn't have Game 1 until Friday at the earliest. There are 3 potential game 7s on Wednesday night, so things are far from clear. But depending on how it goes tonight and Tuesday there are a couple of series that could start Thursday I guess (Detroit/Nashville stands out). But I mean, Washington could be playing damn near anyone right now and the two remaining series in the West are close too.

edit: My previous post I should have been more clear, I didn't mean the semis would start Saturday, just that a lot of series would start on Saturday, but the semis could start Friday, but expect Game 1s to stretch into Saturday too. Make sense?[/QUOTE]

Yep, Game Ones *should* go Friday and Saturday, Game Twos Sunday and Monday.

Hell of a finish for the nucks/hawks game last night. If it weren't for a dog going crazy I would have been in my seat on the same channel the entire time.

For my fellow Wings fans here is the situation as of now.
--If San Jose and Vancouver win, Detroit will play the Sharks.
--If San Jose wins and Vancouver loses, Detroit will play the Predators.
--If Vancouver wins and San Jose loses, Detroit will play the Predators.
--If San Jose and Vancouver lose, Detroit will play the Blackhawks.
The Red Wings can't play the Kings or Canucks in the second round under any circumstances.

Preds playing Detroit would be good. Since they turn out to not be worthless this round they could maybe help take out the Wings and then lose the next round.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']TC I'm betting on San Jose and Canucks. Don't really want to deal with the Sharks though.[/QUOTE]

Nashville is no joke. Pekka Rinne is a damn good goalie. Shae Weber & Ryan Suter are in my opinion one of the best defense pairs in the league. They don't have to score a ton to win.

Personally I'd love to see the Kings stretch the Sharks to seven games then see Sharks play the Wings 24 hours later like Detroit did last year. By the way the Sharks TV announcers are the biggest homers I've ever heard.

This Pens/Lightning game is really good, I quit Day 1 of the Gears of War 3 Beta to watch.

I think I speak for all Capitals fans when I say "Go Lightning!"

Also, "We wouldn't mind eventually facing the Pens down the road, bring it on!"

[quote name='TC']Nashville is no joke. Pekka Rinne is a damn good goalie. Shae Weber & Ryan Suter are in my opinion one of the best defense pairs in the league. They don't have to score a ton to win.[/QUOTE]
The lesser of the two defensively will probably win the Vezina this year, they're by far the best D pair in the NHL. If they spent their money a little more wisely on their forwards they'd be phenomenal.

They would've had Kessel if Toronto hadn't threatened to offer sheet him, though I'm not sure if they'd be better off or not.

I find it odd that the Capitals might be the only team in the East to not play 7 games.

The Bolts earned that one. I expect to see Crosby in Game 7.

ANOTHER great Kings/Sharks game. Kings just tied it up on a PP goal in the third, so let's see if the Sharks can pull it out... This one's worth staying up for.

[quote name='drktrpr1']ANOTHER great Kings/Sharks game. Kings just tied it up on a PP goal in the third, so let's see if the Sharks can pull it out... This one's worth staying up for.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad the Sharks won because that was a terribly officiated game.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I'm glad the Sharks won because that was a terribly officiated game.[/QUOTE]

I was at work listening to the game, in the middle of that Ghey 5 min. major my phone died... I was fuckING LIVID.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I was at work listening to the game, in the middle of that Ghey 5 min. major my phone died... I was fuckING LIVID.[/QUOTE]

Not to rub it in, but you missed a HELL of a game. If you visit the main sharks webpage (http://sharks.nhl.com/index.html), the first news story is video highlights from the game, including the OT game winner.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Not to rub it in, but you missed a HELL of a game. [/QUOTE]

Yeah... There was no way around work. I'm thankful I had Streaming radio for at least part of the game. Thanks, I caught the highlights on NHL on Duh Fly. Love that show.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm deeply disappointed that the Flyers changed their goal scoring song. Bro Hymn was an outstanding choice.

They replaced it with this happy hardcore trash. Worse yet, the song goes full retard[/tropicthunder] about 1:10 in.
[/quote]

I think they were doing some collaboration with the Union, but it doesn't really work. It's a fine song for soccer, but for hockey? No, just no.

They need to go back to the "HEY HEY HEY" from Ain't talkin bout love.

PS ON TO ROUND 2!

The doo doo doo doo part of that song is fantastic. I'm not sure if they were doing a collaboration with the Union or just downright stole it but that's the best part of the song. The rest sucks.

I just have this feeling that next round it'll be Caps-Pens.

Good show for the Flyers. They really fought hard to win the series.

[quote name='confoosious']The doo doo doo doo part of that song is fantastic. I'm not sure if they were doing a collaboration with the Union or just downright stole it but that's the best part of the song. The rest sucks.[/QUOTE]

Well they did steal Bro Hymn from the Ducks, so maybe....

But yeah, the DOOP part is the best part, the rest is dubcrap.

bread's done
Back