2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

[quote name='japaki']Do you guys think I should trade Alex Smith and pick up Andrew Luck off the waiver wire?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Smith is a 15-20 points QB. It's unlikely he'll get you more/less than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles was on the bench in my league too. Just an fyi. Mendanhall will be back starting week5. Steelers have a bye week4. On espn only 30% own him right now.

What's everyone's take on Beanie Wells? I feel like he's wasting a spot on my bench. It looks like he's being phase out of the offense. They list him as the starter but Ryan Williams seems to get the bulk of the carries. As dkreegz515 notes, Mendenhall comes back in week 5, should I roll the dice on that and drop Wells?

Hmm...after Kevin Smith did squat yesterday, I wonder if there's any benefits keeping him around now. Both Bell and Leshoure got some time in while Smith put up a nice goose egg in carries and catches...

I traded Michael Turner for Fred Jackson. Okay deal? I figure Turner will get less carries as the season goes on and wanted to get some value for him now.

[quote name='ananag112']I traded Michael Turner for Fred Jackson. Okay deal? I figure Turner will get less carries as the season goes on and wanted to get some value for him now.[/QUOTE]

You definitely made out on that deal. It is clear that the Falcons are a passing team now, and Turner does not make a lot of plays in the passing game. There is always the health concerns with Jackson, but if he plays, he generally puts up some numbers. The other concern, though, is how much of the workload will he split with Spiller. It seems that Spiller's injury is not as serious as they first thought.

[quote name='Javery']Chris Johnson are you fucking kidding me?[/QUOTE]

Where have you been the last 2 weeks? And the whole year 2011?

I get the first pick in Waviers this week (thanks to Romo). Who should I pick up? I am thinking:

Cardinals D/ST
Tashard Choice
Jake Locker
or Matt Schaub

[quote name='sying']Where have you been the last 2 weeks? And the whole year 2011?[/QUOTE]

A lot of people chalked last year up to him not being in shape and prepared for the season after his hold out. Plus, the transition in the quarterback situation. Most were hopeful that this year would at least be decent for him.

[quote name='ananag112']I get the first pick in Waviers this week (thanks to Romo). Who should I pick up? I am thinking:

Cardinals D/ST
Tashard Choice
Jake Locker
or Matt Schaub[/QUOTE]

Whether or not you should invest that opportunity in the Cards D/ST really depends on what you've got there right now. Kinda surprised Schaub in available in your league. How deep is it? I would pass on Choice. Jackson should return this week, and Spiller isn't suppose to miss much time. If you're looking for a possible RB sleeper at this point, take a glance at Powell on the Jets. His part in the offense increases each week, and Greene has really been struggling.

I am considering picking up Locker in my league as my backup. Besides the fact that he has a really, really talented receiving corps, he can pick some yards up with his legs. I love that boost you get when a guy gets 30 yards on the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny with all this CJ talk, somebody just offered me him for Trent Richardson.

I was hoping to get him, but for Alfred Morris instead. :razz:

Wow, I was up 27 points going into this game, but I was out of players, and my opponent had Rodgers and the Seahawk D/ST. I figured that either way it went down, I was probably screwed. But it worked out just perfectly. Rodgers didn't do much, but the D/ST didn't force any turnovers (did have a ton of sacks) or score any TDs. Amazing...

That was one wacky game and one hell of a last play.

NFL is gonna have a massive amount of heat to get the standard refs back into action.

Packers should have won but this makes things interesting with them down 1-2. Both Seattle and Arizona surprised me this past week, both teams have outstanding defenses.

Thanks to GB D's and Lynch not playing as well I scrapped by with 2 wins. I may have to snag Mendanhall if he's coming back. Ive got Jackson and Spiller, maybe I should try to trade Spiller now.

Mendanhall is a great pick-up in any league, if he's available. He will be back eventually, and Redman and Dwyer have been awful. Both of them are averaging less than 3 yards a carry.

May give it a day to see what happens with Reggie Bush and Peyton Hillis, but I'm strongly considering dropping Hillis. Such a bum. Mark Ingram may also be on the chopping block.

[quote name='japaki']Tate, Hilton and Barden are on my waiver wire.. which has the best upside?[/QUOTE]

I say Barden but that's contingent on nicks or Cruz missing time. Second I would say Hilton, and then Tate. I don't think any of the Seattle receivers are viable.

[quote name='Chitown021']I say Barden but that's contingent on nicks or Cruz missing time. Second I would say Hilton, and then Tate. I don't think any of the Seattle receivers are viable.[/QUOTE]
I already got Donnie Avery, was willing to drop him for Hilton or Tate or should I just hold on to him.. fucking Garcon is killing me with this foot injury.. he should be back by now.. rg3 misses his top guy. :(

Barden is a risk, but has a huge upside in that offense. They have been talking him up since they drafted him, but nothing has ever materialized before last Thursday. It's clear he can play, though, after a performance like that. He has likely taken the 3rd receiver spot from Hixon. Like the above poster said, his real value is tied to the health of Cruz and Nicks...and really more so Nicks. Nicks is a guy who gets hurt a lot, though.. Plus, there's a lot of targets to go around in that passing game. Last year, Manningham had over 500 yards and 4 scores as the third receiver, and he only played in 12 games.

Is M. Lynch/Andre Johnson for D. Sproles/A.J. Green a good trade? Originally, the guy wanted Lynch/Lloyd for Sproles/Witten/M. Floyd but I'm not doing that trade.

[quote name='winterice']Is M. Lynch/Andre Johnson for D. Sproles/A.J. Green a good trade? Originally, the guy wanted Lynch/Lloyd for Sproles/Witten/M. Floyd but I'm not doing that trade.[/QUOTE]

I'd take that in a second. Especially in a PPR.

Hey all, I have a tough game coming up and not sure what to do. My opponent is already projected to score like 160 and me like 120 so I have a couple of options to change it up.

Options:
Antonio Gates (SD) vs KC (projected 13 pnts)
Or
Marcellus Bennett (NYG) vs Philly (projected 9 pnts)

Also, possible trade with a co-worker. He needs a tight end so I could give him Gates or Bennett and maybe Mikel LaShoure for his players of Adrian Peterson and some throw in WR like Brandon LaFell. We are a 2 wr/1 rb/1 te and two flex wr/rb league and my wr are Calvin Johson and Julio Jones and rb is Trent Richardson and my flex has been Isaac Redmon (now will be Mikel) and Lance Moore so I don't HAVE to have Peterson but my co-worker is 0-3 and is looking to make some changes just for the heck of it. Trade or just sit and play with what I have? Only my 2nd year playing ff so still new to it all. Thx.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Hey all, I have a tough game coming up and not sure what to do. My opponent is already projected to score like 160 and me like 120 so I have a couple of options to change it up.

Options:
Antonio Gates (SD) vs KC (projected 13 pnts)
Or
Marcellus Bennett (NYG) vs Philly (projected 9 pnts)

Also, possible trade with a co-worker. He needs a tight end so I could give him Gates or Bennett and maybe Mikel LaShoure for his players of Adrian Peterson and some throw in WR like Brandon LaFell. We are a 2 wr/1 rb/1 te and two flex wr/rb league and my wr are Calvin Johson and Julio Jones and rb is Trent Richardson and my flex has been Isaac Redmon (now will be Mikel) and Lance Moore so I don't HAVE to have Peterson but my co-worker is 0-3 and is looking to make some changes just for the heck of it. Trade or just sit and play with what I have? Only my 2nd year playing ff so still new to it all. Thx.[/QUOTE]
Is Gates still gimpy? I like Bennett of the two. Eli seems to be targeting him more and more.

I think if you could flip Gates for an upgrade in another position I would do it all day. He's not nearly the same player he used to be.

Man, I have no clue what QB to play this week. Both of them (Romo & Vick) took a complete crap on me last week. Vick I expected against AZ but Romo was supposed to light it up at home against TB.

I'm going to try and nab Dalton off waivers but I'm at the bottom of the priority list. If I don't get him then I may go for Carson Palmer.

[quote name='winterice']Start Andre Brown or Brandon Lloyd?[/QUOTE]

Not to be a dick, but if you are asking this question, delete your fantasy team.

i benched lloyd for gonzo this week for my flex. May reconsider, Lloyds #s are semi deceiving, lead team in targets each week just not TDs.

[quote name='merchie89']Guy in my league lost cuz the packers DST "gave up" a touchdown[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. Lost by 2 points.

[quote name='DestroVega']Must delete yours too[/QUOTE]

Why is this? Brown is facing a mediocre run defense against a QB who's been turning the ball over all the time. He'll be turning it over even more with his crap Oling and NYG really good Dline. Manning will be throwing the ball the first bit a lot. But will eventually get the lead. After that, they'll be running the ball a lot more. Having the NYG WR's really opens up a lot of running room for a RB. I'd even consider Brown a flex spot if Bradshaw is going to return.

The thought process for Lyod? He's going against a decent DEF with a good Dline and has a QB who's going to be spreading the ball around like crazy. Atleast with Brown if they're going to run the ball, he's going to get the touch. If NE is going to pass the ball it MIGHT go to Loyd.

With the way Vick and his Oline is playing, this just screams to start Brown.

Maybe cause Ahmad Bradshaw will be back and that Lloyd leads the league in targets and Brady has JUST missed him about three times for long TD catches.

If Bradshaw weren't playing it might be somewhat debatable.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']So they're giving points for "just missed long TD catches" now?

Andre Brown had more points last week than Lloyd has scored all season.[/QUOTE]

Do you understand fantasy football is about volume? It's all about touches and targets.

If you asked me last week, it's Brown all day. His touches now just got cut in half, or more. Meanwhile Lloyd has the most targets in the league!

and yes getting close to big strikes matters. The chemistry between them is almost on point.

You guys should all start Brown though. He's an absolute beast.

I may actually start Brown AND Bradshaw. I have to start 3RBs out of this hot mess:

A. Bradshaw (@PHI)
A. Brown (@PHI)
CJ2K (@HOU)
S. Ridley (@BUF) (WTF Patriots?)

Need Forte to come back. Grrr....

I hear ya Jav. Forte and Nicks being out last week killed me. Thankfully Hakeem the Dream is back. Just need Forte. Wouldn't be surprised if he sits til week 7 after the bye.

[quote name='DestroVega']Do you understand fantasy football is about volume? It's all about touches and targets.

If you asked me last week, it's Brown all day. His touches now just got cut in half, or more. Meanwhile Lloyd has the most targets in the league!

and yes getting close to big strikes matters. The chemistry between them is almost on point.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Lloyd has 33 targets already this year, including 25 the last two weeks. Him and Brady just need to get on the same page. They just missed on a big gains a number of times. That's the product of not being familiar with each other. That will work itself out as the season rolls along.

Brown, on the other hand, is gonna split carries in an offense that primarily throws the ball. Bradshaw is already back this Sunday and is gonna get the start. Even if he struggles and loses the starting job to Brown, he is still gonna be part of the offense. Generally, there just isn't that many touches for running backs in that offense.

I just got this trade proposal: Andre Johnson/Andre Brown for Julio Jones. Thoughts?

lol...just read the posts and seems there's no middle ground for Andre Brown.

[quote name='winterice']I just got this trade proposal: Andre Johnson/Andre Brown for Julio Jones. Thoughts?

lol...just read the posts and seems there's no middle ground for Andre Brown.[/QUOTE]

Hit accept before they change their mind.

Also Chris "Garbage" Wells not eligible to play the next 8 weeks. Not that Ryan Williams has looked amazing

Hmmm.... With YahooSports reporting that it's 100% that Bradshaw will be back for the Philly game. As all of my reasoning was based on Brown being the starter, go with Loyd. Brown is a lowend flex option now until Bradshaw gets hurt again.

bread's done
Back