2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

If I own Andre Brown in a league, is it safe to drop David Wilson? Really losing hope on him at the moment.

I picked up brown in a league and didnt start him.

The panthers are stupid, yeah shade your coverage towards Cruz, so then another guy goes for 200 DAMN YARDS!!! Cruz got me 5 points

Played Andre Brown tonight in place of injured Forte and it payed dividends. Cam Newton was a bust. Should have listened to my gut and started RG3 instead.

[quote name='JStryke']If I own Andre Brown in a league, is it safe to drop David Wilson? Really losing hope on him at the moment.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, yes, Wilson is in Coughlin's doghouse. Not just because of the fumble in Week 1, but because of a drop or two in the passing game. Once you're in Coughlin's doghouse, it's really hard to get out, especially when you're going to have so few chances to really make a play on offense. It would take an extended absence by Bradshaw for Wilson to really get a major chance again, and by all accounts, Bradshaw should not be out too long.

[quote name='DestroVega']Started lafell over Harvin benched Eli for Alex smith.

Obviously I'm severely over thinking things.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after everything I read about LaFell being in on almost every play and being a favorite red zone target and the Giants secondary being piss poor blah blah blah I decided to throw him out there last night. That did not pay off to say the least...

I have to now decide which (2) RBs, (1) WR, and (1) FLEX I'm going to play out of these remaining players:

Fitz, Welker, D.Thomas, S.Holmes. A.Foster, D. Sproles, BGE, B.Tate, D.Richardson.

My thought it to start Fitz at my remaining WR spot, Foster & Sproles at RB but then I'm torn at FLEX between Welker, BGE, or D.Thomas.

Welker has been bunk so far but could go off at anytime, BGE is nothing special but he is the work horse for the Bengals, and D.Thomas is a stud, seems to be Mannings go to guy, and has been my most consistent player.

I had Eli on the bench starting Stafford.

Just got offered Brandon Marshall and Bears D for Ben tate and Roddy White. Sounds like I'm giving too much, and in need of a second opinion. TIA

I can't believe the trade someone offered me on my anonymous free league. Granted the free and anonymous aspect are probably part of it but they offered me Aaron Rodgers and DeAngelo Williams for Andre Brown. Yeah, Brown may have scored me 25 points last night but there's no way he takes over permanently for Ahmad Bradshaw once he's healed from his injury. Hell, there isn't even a guarantee Brown will be the starter next week...

[quote name='frostybroc']I had Eli on the bench starting Stafford.

Just got offered Brandon Marshall and Bears D for Ben tate and Roddy White. Sounds like I'm giving too much, and in need of a second opinion. TIA[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt do it. You're giving away the better receiver and the better back up RB. We all know the rushing TDs really start with Newton first

Help me pick 2 WR's. Non ppr league.
Brandon Marshall vs St Louis
Dez Bryant vs Tampa
Antonio Brown vs Oakland
Dwayne Bowe vs NO

My plan is Marshall for sure and Dez even though he makes me nervous with inconsistency. I was wondering if I should swap Bowe for Dez or Brown for Dez. Any opinion? I haven't seen Bowe this year but read the points he got last week were all in garbage time. I'm getting killed by injuries. I have Forte, Fred Jackson, and Aaron Hernandez. I also have Chris Johnson who hasn't done anything. I also have Ben Tate but am afraid how much he'll get the ball to switch him in for Chris Johnson at this point.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Help me pick 2 WR's. Non ppr league.
Brandon Marshall vs St Louis
Dez Bryant vs Tampa
Antonio Brown vs Oakland
Dwayne Bowe vs NO

My plan is Marshall for sure and Dez even though he makes me nervous with inconsistency. I was wondering if I should swap Bowe for Dez or Brown for Dez. Any opinion? I haven't seen Bowe this year but read the points he got last week were all in garbage time. I'm getting killed by injuries. I have Forte, Fred Jackson, and Aaron Hernandez. I also have Chris Johnson who hasn't done anything. I also have Ben Tate but am afraid how much he'll get the ball to switch him in for Chris Johnson at this point.[/QUOTE]

I say you stick with Dez. They're at home this week and Tampa's secondary got torched last week. I think the Cowboys will bounce back.

I'm in a similar situation with my RBs. I need to fill 1RB spot and 1 Flex spot (1/2 point PPR) from:

RB Chris Johnson, Donald Brown, Ben Tate, Mikel LeShoure
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Denarius Moore

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts on Peterson, Gates, and J. Nelson for Lynch, J. Graham, and Torrey Smith? Nelson is my best receiver and I would only have Bowe, Wayne, and Johnson left...

Should I start Andrew Luck or Drew Brees? The first few weeks I've started Brees, but i've been thinking about putting Luck in. I just don't want to bench Brees then he has a monster game, haha.

Should I try to trade spiller for a higher end wr 1 I have Donnie Avery, bowe, young and garcon.. I'm real deep at rb with spiller Murray and rice but I just feel like I need to sell spiller high while i have chance 16 team money league

Thanks for the help - I think I am keeping Brees in.

How about these receivers? I need to star two out of these 3:

Torrey Smith
Randy Moss
Marques Colston

I am thinking I should put Colston in, but I am unsure if I should start Moss or Smith.

[quote name='Superstar']Thanks for the help - I think I am keeping Brees in.

Torrey Smith
Randy Moss
Marques Colston

I am thinking I should put Colston in, but I am unsure if I should start Moss or Smith.[/QUOTE]

Colston, although Brees spreads that ball around. Smith too hes good for yards. Moss was MIA last week. Is amendola of stl available or robinson of jax?

[quote name='Superstar']Thanks for the help - I think I am keeping Brees in.

Torrey Smith
Randy Moss
Marques Colston

I am thinking I should put Colston in, but I am unsure if I should start Moss or Smith.[/QUOTE]

Moss should be motivated this week. I like him and colston.

Ok, I need to play 2 WR's:

Demaryius Thomas
Marques Colston @ HOU
Danny Amendola @ CHI
Lance Moore @ KC
Torrey Smith @KC

I'm thinking NO WR's against KC's poor excuse of a defense.

So for my flex do I go with Murray against TB or McCoy against AZ and in the other league do I risk benching MJD and going with M Bush?

[quote name='sying']Ok, I need to play 2 WR's:

Demaryius Thomas
Marques Colston @ HOU
Danny Amendola @ CHI
Lance Moore @ KC
Torrey Smith @KC

I'm thinking NO WR's against KC's poor excuse of a defense.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure here. I'd probably start Colston and Amendola.

[quote name='kube00']So for my flex do I go with Murray against TB or McCoy against AZ and in the other league do I risk benching MJD and going with M Bush?[/QUOTE]

McCoy and MJD. You can't go wrong with any of them, so I'd go for the players with the higher ceiling.

[quote name='kube00']So for my flex do I go with Murray against TB or McCoy against AZ and in the other league do I risk benching MJD and going with M Bush?[/QUOTE]

I like MJD and Murray but only slightly above McCoy so you can't go wrong with either.

Figuring out my 2nd running back between Ryan Matthews and Mark Ingram. If they both started at the same time, I'd keep Matthews in until I heard further, but seeing how Matthews starts at 4pm and all my other running backs are either out or played Thursday, it leaves me in a small bind.

[quote name='JStryke']Figuring out my 2nd running back between Ryan Matthews and Mark Ingram. If they both started at the same time, I'd keep Matthews in until I heard further, but seeing how Matthews starts at 4pm and all my other running backs are either out or played Thursday, it leaves me in a small bind.[/QUOTE]

I'd say Matthews. He has way more upside then Ingram will. He could go for 20 points or if he does mediocre, then point difference between the two will be maybe 6 at best.

[quote name='japaki']my league is nutty.. someone dropped andrew luck[/QUOTE]

I did too but mainly because I already had Vick as my #1 and I needed a roster spot. At this point Luck has shown he isn't going to put up Cam Newton numbers so unless you're desperate for a QB, there's no point in carrying him. At this point so far both Carson Palmer and Alex Smith have been putting up more consistent ~20 point weeks whereas Luck has had around a 12 pt week and a 20 pt week. He very well could go on to become a Brees or Rodgers but right now he's not really worth it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I did too but mainly because I already had Vick as my #1 and I needed a roster spot. At this point Luck has shown he isn't going to put up Cam Newton numbers so unless you're desperate for a QB, there's no point in carrying him. At this point so far both Carson Palmer and Alex Smith have been putting up more consistent ~20 point weeks whereas Luck has had around a 12 pt week and a 20 pt week. He very well could go on to become a Brees or Rodgers but right now he's not really worth it.[/QUOTE]

the guy who dropped luck picked up palmer

Should I bench Welker and go with Crabtree or DeSean Jackson? Welker hasn't had much luck lately, granted Hernandez is out...

[quote name='sying']Ok, I need to play 2 WR's:

Demaryius Thomas
Marques Colston @ HOU
Danny Amendola @ CHI
Lance Moore @ KC
Torrey Smith @KC

I'm thinking NO WR's against KC's poor excuse of a defense.[/QUOTE]

I'd start Thomas and Moore.

I'd go with MJD and McCoy

Torrey Smith's brother died so it is questionable if he will even play. Apparently they are leaving it up to him.

Funny situation. I have 4 running backs all ranked around the same for this week

Mathews vs Atlanta
Lawfirm vs Washington
Ridley vs Baltimore
LeShoure vs Tennessee

Probably just gonna go safe with Ridley and BJGE but the other two guys have the potential for insane games.

[quote name='kube00']Yea I saw that...maybe I should have gone with M Bush and MJD over Spiller/MJD. Although MJD is working his magic[/QUOTE]

As I said all along, MJD is half the offense, and the kicker Scobee is the other half.

[quote name='kube00']Someone dropped Forte as well in my league, he'll be back pretty soon, should I snag him?[/QUOTE]

Jesus, I wanna join a league with that guy. What a moron...

...and the answer to your question is "yes"...

Of all the weeks Spiller goes down, it's the week I play the Fred Jackson owner. I think it's karma.

At least my decision to keep RGIII in my lineup over Stafford was the right choice. Those 6 sacks didn't help, but he did outscore Stafford by three points. Too bad the rest of my team is sucking this week.

[quote name='merchie89']I offered Graham and Lloyd for Megatron. Guy started Mercedes Lewis this week....[/QUOTE]

Guy would be stupid to accept that. Megatron is Top 4 easily.

Holy fuck did my team take a dump today.

Fitz finally shows up but the rest of my team decided to take a week off. fuck you Romo and fuck you Witten.

My team did horribly today. I was however able to trade for Fred Jackson who might have a few good games fantasy wise if CJ Spiller is out for a long period of time.

Ugh! I think I'm done with Gates. The week Cook does something and he is rotting on my bench. I'm still up but my opponent has four guys on Monday vs my one.

Definitely didn't expect Romo to post 6 points or Spiller to go down with an injury so early in the game.. benched young and that kicked me in my ass when he ties the game at the end of the 4th. :/ Also waiting on Garcon to come back too... i bet rg3 is waiting for that too

bread's done
Back