2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

[quote name='Chitown021']Thanks Ben Tate for stealing 1/2 of my fantasy points today. Also thanks Fitz for not showing up for the second week in a row.[/QUOTE]

Figures. I start Tate last week and he does NOTHING, bench him today and he has a great game while Bradshaw gets hurt.

[quote name='Chitown021']Thanks Ben Tate for stealing 1/2 of my fantasy points today. Also thanks Fitz for not showing up for the second week in a row.[/QUOTE]

Don't blame Fitzy for that. He only got targeted like 5 times. That's on the coaches and QB. I'm convinced Kolb hates him or something. Skelton's a worse qb, but at least he targets Fitz...

I bench Lynch for SJax today due to some concerns, and Lynch goes off. Meanwhile, SJax spikes the ball and ruins their chances for a challenge and gets punished for it by being benched. Damn. Now I'm down by 16. Luckily I still have Megatron, Julio Jones, Vernon Davis and Gore..

Thank goodness for CJ Spiller. And if Richardson can continue doing what he did today...

Need to find a replacement for Hernandez though. If I can't pull off a trade, need to drop either Titus Young, Denarious Moore, or Kenny Britt.

I was at that game today and own Foster. Every time Tate hit the field i'd just yell at him to get off. I think he knows my displeasure. I hate him so much.

[quote name='pacifickarma']That awkward feeling when Frank Gore is propelling my 49ers to victory, while simultaneously sinking my fantasy team.[/QUOTE]

Worth it.

So I need Julio Jones to catch one pass for 9 yards tonight and I win. I'm 0.8 points behind and my opponent is done. So there's a pretty good chance I'm going to 2-0.

EDIT: I should add that I could be completely effed next week and for the foreseeable future. I lost Forte AND Bradshaw this week and my other RB is... *gulp*... Chris Johnson. I will have to bring Stevan Ridley off the bench and pick up another RB off of waivers. Ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
My team shit the bed this week. Stafford was below average, Andre Johnson was non existent, Bradshaw hurt, Britt did nothing. If Megatron got 6 more yards for 100 yards I'd be in great position to win this week ugh.

Larry Fitz + Kolb screwed me over nicely this week and Stephen Hill not recording a catch really did my team in.

Need some advice on some things:
Austin Collie - Keep on my bench or drop now/soon?

I have Kevin Smith and Leshoure. Do I drop Smith this week or hang on to him for a little bit longer?

Stephen Hill - Keep or drop?

Browns, Seahawks, Bucs, Rams, Broncos, Panthers, Chargers, Colts, Dolphins, Bengals, Giants, Saints, Vikings, Jaguars, Titans, Raiders and Chiefs.

Patriots D or Broncos D?

The Broncos D looks pretty good against ATL. P. Manning is killing them with INTs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']Larry Fitz + Kolb screwed me over nicely this week and Stephen Hill not recording a catch really did my team in.

Need some advice on some things:
Austin Collie - Keep on my bench or drop now/soon?

I have Kevin Smith and Leshoure. Do I drop Smith this week or hang on to him for a little bit longer?

Stephen Hill - Keep or drop?[/QUOTE]

Drop Collie.

Hang onto Smith and try to trade him if possible. He has value, albeit very little after his week 2 stinker. I got rid of him (and DeSean Jackson/Jason Witten) for Hakeem Nicks/Flacco/Mendenhall in a dynasty league just before Week 2 started. Trade players you're unsure of at max value or else you'll be stuck with a turd like Smith.

Hang onto Stephen Hill for one more week. He has potential as a redzone target .. the only problem with that, is that the Jets suck. Maybe package Smith and Hill together and see what you can get. Don't aim very high, though.

I have Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, and Hakeem Nicks. I started the two Cowboys this week and Bryant just killed me! Which two should I start next week, right now I'm leaning towards Austin and Nicks.

Also, what do you guys think about Chris Johnson? I have yet to start him this year, but just wow. Should I hand on to him or look to trade him for someone? (Won't get much.)

OLost by like 50 due to romo sucking garcon got hurt so I claimed Titus young off waivers and I couldnt even tell if dude was playing.. my question for you is should I look to upgrade my wrs i have garcon bowe young and Michael Floyd. I already put in a claim for avery off Indiana but should I trade one of my 3 rbs to a team who just lost forte greene or sjax for an elite wr. I have rice spiller and Murray so im stacked at the back but really hurting for consistent wrs.. but which of those three. Rbs would I get rid of

[quote name='Javery']Worth it.

So I need Julio Jones to catch one pass for 9 yards tonight and I win. I'm 0.8 points behind and my opponent is done. So there's a pretty good chance I'm going to 2-0.

EDIT: I should add that I could be completely effed next week and for the foreseeable future. I lost Forte AND Bradshaw this week and my other RB is... *gulp*... Chris Johnson. I will have to bring Stevan Ridley off the bench and pick up another RB off of waivers. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

I had around a 20 point lead going into last nights game. I had Julio jones and my opponent had Matt Ryan. I thought i was a lock since if his qb had a good game jones would get a lions share of catches. Nope going into the last drive he had 3 catches for 8 yards. Finally caught the last pass of the game for 6 yards. If another receiver had caught that pass I would have been in trouble.

[quote name='kklems']I had around a 20 point lead going into last nights game. I had Julio jones and my opponent had Matt Ryan. I thought i was a lock since if his qb had a good game jones would get a lions share of catches. Nope going into the last drive he had 3 catches for 8 yards. Finally caught the last pass of the game for 6 yards. If another receiver had caught that pass I would have been in trouble.[/QUOTE]

That 6 yard pass won me my week by 0.6 points exactly. We were tied down to the hundredth of a point. I can't believe how close it was. My entire team shit the bed this week and I still managed to pull it out - I got 12.4 points combined from my 3 RBs. Awful.

Better hope the score doesn't readjust on Wednesday. Guy in our league won by .06 in week 1, and then after adjustments he lost by .12

[quote name='Habbler']Better hope the score doesn't readjust on Wednesday. Guy in our league won by .06 in week 1, and then after adjustments he lost by .12[/QUOTE]

Oh man, that would suck.

My team totally crapped out on me. I needed 26 pts out of Demaryous Thomas last night to win. He got me half of that. I really needed those TDs that Tate stole from Foster.:cry:

A wild trade proposal has appeared in my league and need advice on it. I would be giving away Larry Fitz for Malcom Floyd or Brandon Lloyd. Should I pull the trigger on this and on which one?

Neither. Fitz will sputter but usually ends up with big numbers in the end. If you aren't patient enough for that, counter him. Fitz still has top 10 WR value on his name alone, so don't take anything less.

[quote name='HydroX']Neither. Fitz will sputter but usually ends up with big numbers in the end. If you aren't patient enough for that, counter him. Fitz still has top 10 WR value on his name alone, so don't take anything less.[/QUOTE]
alrighty. i hope kolb starts passing to him asap.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']alrighty. i hope kolb starts passing to him asap.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Fitzgerald scoring zero killed me this week.

Got 4 waiver claims for tomorrow...

Mikel LeShoure dropping Titus Young
Dennis Pitta dropping Greg Olsen
Daryl Richardson dropping Dexter McCluster
Andre Brown dropping Jonathan Stewart

Really hope to get LeShoure. My priority is 7th so who knows.

I HATE losing to the high score $ winner when you'd beaten everyone else in the league by 10+ points lol.......... 9-1 on the season in my 5 leagues. :)

ANYONE here do daily fantasy leagues??

I kept hearing the ads on Sirius radio on the fantasy sports channel and finally got around to checking the site out. Deposited $25 and turned it into $49 the next day NFL week 2... It's basically salary cap fantasy football with salaries changing each week based on performance...

Shit is crazy addictive and you can play for free, $1, 2, 5, 10 etc up to like $535 a game/tourney/whatever you get in. Made my money in tourneys, looking at better odds in head to heads this week. Also have daily MLB and NBA as well plus it's legal and PAYPAL friendly here in the US.

Yea i'm posting my referral link below in hopes you sign up AND win lots of money under my name but even if you play for free it's still damn fun.

FanDuel.com

I replaced David Wilson with Andre Brown this week. Going to play Brown in my RB slot because I'm pretty sure Forte will be out even though they downgraded his injury.

[quote name='winterice']So Bradshaw is out for the Thursday game. Should I roll with Andre Brown? He looked good Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Yes

So been getting offers for Ben Tate. The guy has Brandon Marshall who I want thinking of offering B.Tate, Amendola and Torrey Smith. Is that too much?

Benson over Richardson, Jackson prolly going to start...

Charles or Williams is the answer. The question though is unclear... Pick your disappointment. I say Williams this week and pray his QB, FB, RB1A doesn't steal his TD. But I wouldn't be mad if you went Charles instead and ride the horse you picked so high who also is in a 3 headed backfield who will abandon the run early against the Saints. Plus the knee question which should be ok they saying but you need to decide tmrw instead of sunday.

Wow didn't see Nicks is out, runs to change daily fantasy leagues HELLO MR Cruz.

Offer him Tate and AMENdola, i'd hang on to Smith.

[quote name='Miami_13']RGIII or Stafford?

Point per completion and rushing attempt. 1 point per 10 years passing and rushing.[/QUOTE]

I feel that Stafford would be the safer choice. RGIII is riskier, but with his legs he could outdo Stafford.

Man, rough week for me. I have Forte and Nicks out. JStewart is questionable. One open spot.
Non PPR. Pick one.

Chris Johnson
Torrey Smith
Laurent Robinson

Best I could pick up at this point would be K Ogletree or Ben Tate. Any opinions?

Stafford has a huge week vs Titans. RG3 is scary combo though... I'd start Stafford this week and would've been try to actively trade RG3 by now or if you want try to market Stafford after he blows up this week. I own Stafford in my big $ league, I know how you are feeling... I started Ryan over him last week..

That said I am starting RG3 over Ryan and Romo in my keeper league. Been getting alot of offers but nothing worthy of his value in a keeper league...

^
STASH TATE ON BENCH, cut whoever..

Safe pick is Torey in a higher scoring game, CJ1/2K gonna do his normal pout as they fall behind although i'm a buyer on him still for what his curent value is.

Sent a trade to a friend who needs big help everywhere.

Sending him: Mark Ingram, Jeremy Maclin, Kevin Smith
Getting Megatron

Current starting roster is Romo, Foster, McFadden, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Malcom Flyod, Witten. Good trade or am I offering to much?

[quote name='slofton']Sent a trade to a friend who needs big help everywhere.

Sending him: Mark Ingram, Jeremy Maclin, Kevin Smith
Getting Megatron

Current starting roster is Romo, Foster, McFadden, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Malcom Flyod, Witten. Good trade or am I offering to much?[/QUOTE]

Did the other 2 guys in your league protest that trade?:lol:

Megatron wins and you win your 4 man league.

Ugh. I have to start

RB
W/R

because Forte and Bradshaw are out. I have to choose from Stevan Ridley, Andre Brown (by tomorrow), J. Stewart (questionable), Danny Amendola and Dwayne Bowe.

I'm leaning towards Ridley and Brown because they are running backs and are going to get some points... Dwayne Bowe basically got all of his points in the last 5 minutes last week (garbage time against the Bills) and Stewart is going to split carries with Williams if he even plays. Sam Bradford seems to target Amendola so maybe there is some value there? Ugh. Effing injuries. WHAT DO I DO???

[quote name='$hady']Did the other 2 guys in your league protest that trade?:lol:

Megatron wins and you win your 4 man league.[/QUOTE]

It's still up in the air if he wants to do this trade. There's really no other players im even remotely interested in on his team, except maybe draft picks.

Also, it's a 12 man league. Yes. I drafted well :D

bread's done
Back