2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

Man I love this week. I thought for sure this was my throw away week.

My starting RBs (MJD and Forte) are on byes. Steve Smith on a bye. JeMichael Finley out. My kicker from last week was cut from the team. Both Cedric Benson and Ryan Williams both are gone practically for the season.

My other backup RB was just Shonn Greene, a guy with 5 and 3 points the past two weeks. Boy did he decide to play on the week I needed him the most. LOL.

I was able to get Sidney Rice and Jason Hanson off the waivers and they filled in just nicely. I am up 26 pts going to tonight. I have Peyton Manning running (in a QB type of fantasy league) and he has Willis McGahee. I am pretty safe to think I got this one in the bag when I thought for sure someone would have killed my team.

CRAP! It figures that Gates would pick tonight to start blowing up...

I thought I was sitting pretty coming into MNF with a 23 point lead and Demaryius Thomas vs. Gates. Thomas has done nothing and my lead is down to 5!

This week the rest of my team decides to not show up, except for you GUESSED IT! ANTONIO fuckING GATES! :lol::wall::censored::whee:

My opponent had three guys: Shonn Greene, Jordy Nelson, and Vincent Jackson that outscored my entire team. :fridge:

[quote name='Javery']Another week, another reminder why I hate* fantasy football - I'm playing the #1 team who is 5-0 and he scores the second least amount of points in the league this week (about 50 points less than his average) and I scored the least. My worst week by far - my team completely shit the bed.

*love[/QUOTE]

haha, my team completely shit the bed, as well. I was playing the #1 team in the league, too, but he had a decent enough week. I still should have beat him, though, but Matt Ryan decided to have a completely awful game against one of the worst defenses in the league.

In a Yahoo league with 8 teams how many people does it take to veto a trade? I can't find it anywhere in the settings. Someone did a Gronkowski for Chris Johnson trade straight up.

YES!!!! The Bolts held McGahee enough to get me the victory. Now the first Byes of my team comes up next week. I need J. Nelson to come up big again.

Won both my leagues this week, tied for 1st in one and 2nd in the other.

Which RB should I start along side Ahmad Bradshaw? PPR, point per rush attempt, getting 100 yards+ is more important than TD's.

Darren Sproles (@TB)
Alex Green (@STL)
Vick Ballard (CLE)

Also
Kenny Britt (@BUF)
or
Josh Gordon (@IND)

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']In a Yahoo league with 8 teams how many people does it take to veto a trade? I can't find it anywhere in the settings. Someone did a Gronkowski for Chris Johnson trade straight up.[/QUOTE]

Both underperformers... Sounds fair to me

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']In a Yahoo league with 8 teams how many people does it take to veto a trade? I can't find it anywhere in the settings. Someone did a Gronkowski for Chris Johnson trade straight up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sying']Both underperformers... Sounds fair to me[/QUOTE]

I agree. Not sure why you are rushing to veto this. Sounds like a situation where you got two guys who drafted these players really high, are getting extremely frustrated, and just want to mix things up. Gronk has averaged more points on the season, but he's still a tight end in an offense with another great tight end, two good receivers, and running backs who catch the ball. Personally, I only veto trades where one person is clearly getting the better of the other or two are obviously in collusion, likely because one of the teams is out of it.

[quote name='Miami_13']Won both my leagues this week, tied for 1st in one and 2nd in the other.

Which RB should I start along side Ahmad Bradshaw? PPR, point per rush attempt, getting 100 yards+ is more important than TD's.

Darren Sproles (@TB)
Alex Green (@STL)
Vick Ballard (CLE)

Also
Kenny Britt (@BUF)
or
Josh Gordon (@IND)[/QUOTE]

I say Sprolles on touches alone.

And Britt as a WR only based on his looks last week.

Whew! Thank goodness Thomas got that TD last night. Gates pulled my opponent to within a couple points then Thomas provided the breathing room to seal the victory. Heavy bye weeks coming up (#8 will be a huge bitch with Foster, Tate, and the law firm all out at the same time.)

I think this post week was the first one in which my whole team finally decided to pitch in. Welker, Fitz, Foster, even Vick did decent. Nobody went ass ape but also nobody stuck me with a goose egg. I was a bit disappointed with the AZ defense and BJGE only pitching in six but all and all good week. I'm back to .500 (3-3).

[quote name='sying']I say Sprolles on touches alone.

And Britt as a WR only based on his looks last week.[/QUOTE]

I'm also leaning Sproles and Britt too. How about...

RGIII (@NYG)
Stafford (@CHI) Monday Night

1 point per 10 passing/rushing yards
Point per completion
Big bonus points at 300 passing yards and 100 rushing yards.

Seems like an obvious RGIII start. Anyone think otherwise?

[quote name='Miami_13']I'm also leaning Sproles and Britt too. How about...

RGIII (@NYG)
Stafford (@CHI) Monday Night

1 point per 10 passing/rushing yards
Point per completion
Big bonus points at 300 passing yards and 100 rushing yards.

Seems like an obvious RGIII start. Anyone think otherwise?[/QUOTE]

Having both RGIII and Stafford myself, I've been starting Griffin every week since week 2, and I don't see that changing this week. In my league (which is default scoring iirc), Griffin has outscored Stafford every week.

[quote name='JStryke']Having both RGIII and Stafford myself, I've been starting Griffin every week since week 2, and I don't see that changing this week. In my league (which is default scoring iirc), Griffin has outscored Stafford every week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah about the same in mine. I've started Stafford every week besides his bye in which RGIII got hurt and cost me an easy win.

I also just read McCarthy said Alex Green can carry a full workload so now I'm wondering if he's a better start than Sproles. GB at STL this week. If GB gets a big lead I'm thinking lots of carries for Green. Saints have so many options especially since Sproles almost never gets any handoffs.

[quote name='Miami_13']Yeah about the same in mine. I've started Stafford every week besides his bye in which RGIII got hurt and cost me an easy win.

I also just read McCarthy said Alex Green can carry a full workload so now I'm wondering if he's a better start than Sproles. GB at STL this week. If GB gets a big lead I'm thinking lots of carries for Green. Saints have so many options especially since Sproles almost never gets any handoffs.[/QUOTE]

Even IF GB gets up big they still pass it 2x more than they run it. Id see what Green does tjis week and play him if he is hot the next week when they play Jacksonville who are on the Bust for Barkley campaign 2013 (or Go git Geno, insert qb draft rhyme here)

J. Gordon or B. Lloyd or D. Moore?

I just got Gordon and Moore off waivers so I don't know how much involved in the offense they are. Reports say there pretty solid. Lloyd has been disappointing so far. Also seems he injured his shoulder.

Lynch or Felix Jones.

Lynch plays the best run def 49ers while Jones is coming off a great week and Murray is out.

Although, Bradshaw ran all over the 49ers last week...

Damn I really don't know.

Could also sub out Steven Jackson as well...

One of my teams is just decimated by bye weeks this week.

All on bye: Julio Jones, Roddy White, Michael Turner, Michael Vick, Antonio Gates, Demaryius Thomas.

Right now, my starters at RB are Michael Bush and Felix Jones, who I just picked up today. I've got DeMarco Murray, but he's out. My only WR is Kenny Britt. I've got Jennings, but he looks doubtful again this week. I still need to fill another WR spot and a WR/TE flex spot. I'm going to have to find a way to open up two spots to pick up a couple guys from the waiver wire. I guess I could roll without a kicker and drop either Vick or Turner.

Any thoughts on Josh Freeman (at home vs NO-28th against the pass) or Cam Newton (at home vs DAL-1st against the pass). Freeman coming off a great Cam bye week for me but wondering if I should ride him one more time with the tough matchup for Cam.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Andrew Luck or Flacco? Want to dump one of them for the year, I'm thinking Flacco but just can't make the decision.[/QUOTE]

If you drop Flacco you'll be kicking yourself in 5 weeks.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Personally, I only veto trades where one person is clearly getting the better of the other or two are obviously in collusion, likely because one of the teams is out of it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Trades are fun! I rarely, if ever, veto a trade. Even if it looks like one team suddenly becomes awesome because he traded for a missing piece I still think it is fair absent collusion.

Also, FWIW, I'm in a Yahoo league and we email the commish after he announces the trade to the league if we want to veto it.

Carrying three QB's (Vick, Romo, Dalton) is really clogging up my roster but I can't justify dropping any of them and there's little interest in my league as far as trade value.

Typically I play Demaryius Thomas at FLEX but he's on bye. Who should I start in his place?
My options are Ben Tate, BJGE, or Alex Green.

Also what about QB?
Do I take a chance with Romo @ Carolina or Dalton vs. Pittsburgh? If Hasselbeck could move the ball on Pittsburgh then I would think Dalton could tear it up!

RB: I will play Foster & Sproles
WR: Fitz & Welker
TE: Witten
K: (Will pick one up, Bryant on BYE)

Also on Defense should I play Seattle (@SF) or Arizona (@MN)?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I agree. Not sure why you are rushing to veto this. Sounds like a situation where you got two guys who drafted these players really high, are getting extremely frustrated, and just want to mix things up. Gronk has averaged more points on the season, but he's still a tight end in an offense with another great tight end, two good receivers, and running backs who catch the ball. Personally, I only veto trades where one person is clearly getting the better of the other or two are obviously in collusion, likely because one of the teams is out of it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I guess I'm too much of a newb and I'll chill out : )

[quote name='Chitown021']Carrying three QB's (Vick, Romo, Dalton) is really clogging up my roster but I can't justify dropping any of them and there's little interest in my league as far as trade value.

Typically I play Demaryius Thomas at FLEX but he's on bye. Who should I start in his place?

Also what about QB?
Do I take a chance with Romo @ Carolina or Dalton vs. Pittsburgh? If Hasselbeck could move the ball on Pittsburgh then I would think Dalton could tear it up!

Also on Defense should I play Seattle (@SF) or Arizona (@MN)?[/QUOTE]

Could you trade vick for anything?

Think I'll go with MJD and Forte but Im wondering if Jackson/Greene could go off.

Any thoughts on Oak D vs Jac? I was going to use them or use Bal.

[quote name='Chitown021']Carrying three QB's (Vick, Romo, Dalton) is really clogging up my roster but I can't justify dropping any of them and there's little interest in my league as far as trade value.

Also what about QB?

Also on Defense should I play Seattle (@SF) or Arizona (@MN)?[/QUOTE]

For QB I would go with Romo. That's going to be a high scoring game in my opinion.

Flex is a tough one but I'd go with the Law Firm (BJGE).

[quote name='antlp89']Just got offered Andre Johnson and Vernon Davis for Antonio Gates and Antonio Brown.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I say do it. AJ has been underperforming a bit, but he's still HOU's WR1 while Brown is definitely behind Wallace in the pecking order. And Vernon Davis has been solid most of the season. I would say based just on his production, he's the number 2 TE in the NFL only behind Gonzo. Graham and Gronk have been playing a little below their ceiling and Hernandez is getting back to form still.

The only reason I'm thinking they're trying to trade you is the easier matchup Brown and Gates may have compared to your guys or they're just giving up and trying to build a team full of Antonios.

Also, I'm kinda stuck. I have Lynch, Gore and Spiller starting for me, but Lynch's matchup has me a little worried. As does Gore's. I have FJax sitting on the bench, but I'm considering sitting maybe Lynch (since he was gameplanned out of the game in Carolina) and starting FJax who has a juicy matchup against TEN. And I really like Britt at my WR2 but I'm unsure of taking out VJax. Decisions decisions!

Keep an eye on Akers tonight, fellas. He was sick this week. He practiced and is listed as probably, but seeing as it's a Thursday game, no reason to leave him in there if he doesn't play.

I would definitely do that trade for AJ and Vernon. To me, Johnson still has elite receiver skills. He just can't stay healthy. The Texans have been limiting his snaps, hoping he can stay on the field. If his tank is full towards the end of the year, he may very well get the opportunity to break out. And at this point in their careers, Davis is significantly ahead of Gates, especially considering he can't stay on the field half the time. If you were giving up another #1 receiver, I would say deny it, but yeah, despite the numbers, I would Wallace is clearly the top dog. As the weather gets colder, too, Miller's targets will increase, and they will be running the ball a lot more.

Not happy hearing about Bradshaw's foot injury even though he says he's fine. Coughlin said Brown and Wilson will get their chances and carries.

I have a RB and a flex spot available. Who should I start?

Green-Ellis vs Steelers
Leshoure vs Bears
Ballard vs Browns
D. Henderson vs Bucs

I picked up Ballard and Henderson off the WW this week and currently have them in my lineup. I have always stayed away from drafting/playing Saints' players but I'm hoping Henderson gets some targets vs TB's weak pass def. BTW, this is in a ppr league.

[quote name='Miami_13']Not happy hearing about Bradshaw's foot injury even though he says he's fine. Coughlin said Brown and Wilson will get their chances and carries.[/QUOTE]

He's had chronic foot issues throughout his career, which is a big reason why I generally steer clear of him unless he happens to fall far in a draft.

Thanks for your opinions guys, I pulled the trigger last night and I agree with what you are saying. Makes me feel a little better with that extra intel. I feel Andre has more upside in the longrun and Davis will be more consistent.

Main reason he offered is because Andre has been a bust so far this year and he needed a different TE for week 9 (Davis on bye).

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']Got both Vernon Davis and Gronk. Im starting Gronk at the moment because his matchup is better. but any reason to consider Davis over him?[/QUOTE]Well Vernon has been somewhat more consistent than Gronk so far this season. And after having a very quiet game against the Giants last week, I'm expecting Davis to have a huge day against the Seahawks. I also think Brady is going to continue to spread the ball around, leaving Gronk with less targets. So far this season Davis also has 1 more TD than Gronkowski and is probably the 49ers' biggest target in the red zone.

Just my two cents.

[quote name='antlp89']For QB I would go with Romo. That's going to be a high scoring game in my opinion.

Flex is a tough one but I'd go with the Law Firm (BJGE).[/QUOTE]

I know, I keep reading all these things about Romo having a break out game this week. I'm just so scared to start him with all of the turnovers and it doesn't seem like his line has been able to protect him very well. I guess Dalton is the safer play but Romo has the higher potential for a blow-up.

How about defense? Should I play Seattle tonight against SF or AZ against MN?

I like Seattle a little bit better but I fear Harbaugh wanting to put a beat down on someone after they were manhandled by the Giants.

Welp, I'm done with Vernon Davis, Alex Smith sucks and is captain checkdown which would usually be good for TE's but nope just RB's.

[quote name='Miami_13']Welp, I'm done with Vernon Davis, Alex Smith sucks and is captain checkdown which would usually be good for TE's but nope just RB's.[/QUOTE]

Alex Smith threw 13 TDs to him in 2010 and Davis dominated last year's playoffs. It's not Alex Smith's fault, it's the gameplan, they don't lean on Davis enough this year.

As expected each day looks worse for Bradshaw. I just picked up Jonathan Dwyer and now thinking of staring him over Bradshaw.

[quote name='winterice']B. Lloyd or J. Gordon?

Is Cormartie on Welker or Lloyd?[/QUOTE]

Go with Gordon. Cromartie will cover Lloyd, so that could potentially be a bad match-up.

bread's done
Back