2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

[quote name='japaki']Cj Spiller or Felix Jones?[/QUOTE]

I'm leaning towards Spiller but hasn't he been splitting time with Fred Jackson lately?

Felix Jones will get all of the carries in Dallas. IMHO Spiller has the potential to give you more points but Jones will get more touches.

[quote name='Chitown021']I'm leaning towards Spiller but hasn't he been splitting time with Fred Jackson lately?

Felix Jones will get all of the carries in Dallas. IMHO Spiller has the potential to give you more points but Jones will get more touches.[/QUOTE]
Bills rely on the running game tho..

[quote name='JStryke']PPR League.

James Jones (@STL) or Kenny Britt (@BUF)[/QUOTE]

Definitely Britt. Jones has certainly rewards fantasy players this year, but he's not close to the number one target in that offense. Too many of his points have come from touchdowns to rely on him from week to week. He's never had double digit targets, and he's never caught more than 5 passes. Britt finally looks healthy and is clearly the number one WR on that team.

[quote name='Miami_13']Start 2.....

Ahmad Bradshaw
Darren Sproles
Alex Green
Jonathan Dwyer
Andre Brown

PPRA
PPR[/QUOTE]

Is bradshaw out?

Bradshaw is questionable, but he's spent most of his career being questionable. The bigger concern for Bradshaw owners is that Brown is back this week, and that David Wilson has finally dragged himself out of Coughlin's doughouse. Even if Bradshaw suits up, expect the other two to sap some work away from him.

Felix Jones or Steven Jackson?

I think the majority would probably pick Jones?

I've been waiting for Jackson to blow up all year but it doesn't seem to be his team anymore with that other RB coming up.

[quote name='antlp89']Felix Jones or Steven Jackson?

I think the majority would probably pick Jones?

I've been waiting for Jackson to blow up all year but it doesn't seem to be his team anymore with that other RB coming up.[/QUOTE]

i can't believe it but Felix this week...

Choose one for Flex:

Shonn Greene @ NE
CJ2K @ BUF
DeAngelo Williams vs DAL
Brandon LLoyd vs NYJ
Lance Moore @ TB ( with no Talib and Grahm is out for NO)

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']What guy would pick as flex? I am favoring felix jones, but I also have britt and torrey smith. I think I am making the right choice.[/QUOTE]

Coming from a noobs viewpoint, this is a hard choice. Based on match up, I would roll with Smith. Good luck.

[quote name='sying']Choose one for Flex:

Shonn Greene @ NE
CJ2K @ BUF
DeAngelo Williams vs DAL
Brandon LLoyd vs NYJ
Lance Moore @ TB ( with no Talib and Grahm is out for NO)[/QUOTE]

I got Moore in only since Julio Jones is on a bye week and with Moore having hammy problems, I am hoping for the best. I would go with Lloyd or Johnson. Good luck.

My last flex spot:

Dwyer, rb for Pitt vs Cincy who has given 7th most pnts to rb this yea
S. Moss, wr for Redskins vs Gianta who has given up 11th most pnts to wr

Leaning towards Dwyer since both rb ahead of him (Mendall and Redman) are out so they may put carries for Dwyer and Batch. Thx.

Grrr, still going back and forth on QB. Romo vs. Dalton. Normally I would avoid Dalton going against Pittsburgh but their secondary is beat up and as a result is soft. I think Dalton could have a hayday at home. Even though "turnover" Tony has a favorable matchup against Carolina I worry about the turnovers and the fact that his O-Line has not been able to protect him.

I also think I'm going with Green over BJGE at flex this week. I hope he at least puts up decent points as a bye week filler for me today. I benched the Seattle D fearing a Harbaugh beatdown. I hope my AZ D can beat Seattle's 8 pts from Thursday night.

Thank you, Drew Brees and HOU D for cancelling out Vernon Davis' game!
And yea, I sat Fred Jackson for CJ Spiller...but I think I'll be ok hopefullly! Also sat Josh Gordon, but didn't have a choice since I had Megatron and VJax as my WR1 and WR2....good to know I have a decent bench now!

[quote name='ananag112']Chris Johnson: 4 attempts, 103 yards 2 touchdowns

WOW![/QUOTE]

fuck you CJ2K for choosing the the week I play against you to finally blow up! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

fuck! forgot to bench Roddy White this week on his bye....hopefully Dalton steps it up tonight to give me the edge. Glad I ended up sticking with Bradshaw after his TD today!

Jesus, I had one of the oddest fantasy weeks. 4 points from Ponder (Ryan on the bye) and a big, fat goose egg from not one, not two, but THREE players: Blount ('cause of the bye), Brandon Lloyd, and Blackmon. I still have a chance of winning, though, because Foster, Cobb, and the Viking defense got me 63 points, and my opponent's team has laid a pretty big dud so far.

Ugh. Started Richardson, MJD, and Bryant and they combine for 6 points. Thankfully, I own Drew Brees and my opponent started three players on a bye week. I had the second lowest week, but I got the win, that's all that counts.

Also scooped up Rashad Jennings in two of my leagues just in case MJD misses significant time.

Any chance Gould might score 50 tonight? Lol :). My team totally crapped the bed. My opponent had a bad week overall but Brees and CJ carried him. Foster was the only guy that showed up for my sorry ass team. I thought I had made the right choice at QB when Romo only posted 16 but then Dalton outdoes him with a hard 8! Dump!

My opponent is done and I have Forte going tonight but I'm only up by 40 points. Think I'll pull it off??? Hahaha.

CJ2K finally went off and I finally made a good call before the game started by putting in Freeman for Fitzpatrick. I'm around 165 points with an outside shot at 200 which would be sick (my league is no bonuses and non-PPR so it's straight up yards and TDs).

[quote name='Javery']My opponent is done and I have Forte going tonight but I'm only up by 40 points. Think I'll pull it off??? Hahaha.

CJ2K finally went off and I finally made a good call before the game started by putting in Freeman for Fitzpatrick. I'm around 165 points with an outside shot at 200 which would be sick (my league is no bonuses and non-PPR so it's straight up yards and TDs).[/QUOTE]

Nice man, that is sick! My league has bonuses and I think the high score this season has been 170.

Of course both of my opponents had Vincent Jackson this week! Ugh. Got killed in one league and would need about 130-150 yards, 9 ish catches and probably a 40+ yard TD catch from Megatron tonight to win my priority league.

I am 1.13 points behind my opponent. I have Matt Forte. They have Megatron. Will Forte put up more fantasy points than Calvin Johnson tonight?

[quote name='Chitown021']Nice man, that is sick! My league has bonuses and I think the high score this season has been 170.[/QUOTE]

I should add that we do start 2 QBs which adds about 20 points to the weekly averages. Either way it has been a sick week.

[quote name='Habbler']I am 1.13 points behind my opponent. I have Matt Forte. They have Megatron. Will Forte put up more fantasy points than Calvin Johnson tonight?[/QUOTE]

Yes and I don't think it will even be close. The Bears D is nasty so Megatron will be blanketed all night. Forte will get a ton of touches so he will get his yards and hopefully a TD or two.

[quote name='Habbler']I am 1.13 points behind my opponent. I have Matt Forte. They have Megatron. Will Forte put up more fantasy points than Calvin Johnson tonight?[/QUOTE]

Possibly. Forte has had his best games when he plays Detroit, especially at home. But just hope he breaks a long one(for a td) cause if its 1st and goal then it will more then likely go to Bush.

Now I have 3 TE due to inj and a trade. Owen Daniels with the Texans, Dustin Keller with the Jets and Bennett with the Giants. All three had double digits this past weekend and I got Owen as my starter since the other two have been inj. Should I look to try to trade one away in a bundle deal or just keep them for now. If I do trade, which should go?

I have Ravens D and with all the injuries, should I keep or pick someone off waiver wire or try to get someone in trade? Our rop FA D's are:
Pittsburgh
Denver
Washington
Chargers
Cincy

Thx for any help.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Now I have 3 TE due to inj and a trade. Owen Daniels with the Texans, Dustin Keller with the Jets and Bennett with the Giants. All three had double digits this past weekend and I got Owen as my starter since the other two have been inj. Should I look to try to trade one away in a bundle deal or just keep them for now. If I do trade, which should go?

I have Ravens D and with all the injuries, should I keep or pick someone off waiver wire or try to get someone in trade? Our rop FA D's are:
Pittsburgh
Denver
Washington
Chargers
Cincy

Thx for any help.[/QUOTE]

Keep bennet for te..

Pick up Pittsburgh, you lucky dog, Baltimore is getting decimated with injuries

Up by f'ing 23 points going into tonight's game. I have Calvin Johnson and my friend has Chicago D and Matt Forte playing. How is it that we are this far into this season and Calvin hasn't caught a td pass from his starting QB but then I remember what a bum Stafford (UGA) is and it just pisses me off...lol. Rant over.

Scott Linehan just may be the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL. The Lions were the most pass happy offense last year and now they keep trying to establish the run with their shitty backs and keep failing. Just throw the ball.

[quote name='Miami_13']Scott Linehan just may be the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL. The Lions were the most pass happy offense last year and now they keep trying to establish the run with their shitty backs and keep failing. Just throw the ball.[/QUOTE]

48, 32, 42, 51, 45, 15 in the 1st half and they're down by 10. Many more passes are coming in the 2nd half.

Pass attempts by game by Stafford this season.

They are killing me. I just need them to move the ball a bit and put up a TD or two, so the Bear defense doesn't do too much. So, of course, they have less than 100 yards, no scores, and a turnover. They look beyond awful. Don't even look like a real NFL offense.

I know the Bear defense is good and all, but this is a pretty disgusting effort by the Lions. I'm still clinging to a lead, though, so as long as the Bears can hold onto the ball and/or not do anything special on defense or special teams, I'm good.

Really glad Detroit scored late in the game. While my game was decided by Sunday night, the team that shared first place with me had Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, and Chicago's Defense. He was up by a point before Detroit scored, but thanks to losing the shutout, he lost by five.

Now for my team to get their heads out of their asses and start scoring points for next week.

So I just got an interesting trade offer. Chris Johnson for MJD. Not an offer I would do normally, but I am trying to figure out what's up with his injury. He'll miss this week, but anybody hear (or suspect) anything longer as of yet?

bread's done
Back