2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

[quote name='perdition(troy']Ben Tate, MJD, and Michael Turner. Need 2 out of the 3, can't decide which to go for. Turner is my only easy decision, knowing he'll play all game.[/QUOTE]

Everybody add your scoring for your league in your posts it helps because as you know there is a difference in starting say Darren Sproles in a ppr league than in a standard scoring league. MJD and Turner. Watch the morning reports Arian Foster has been dealing with a knee injury and was ,I think, questionable so he could sit at the last minute. If he did sit Tate and Turner. Heck being that Foster is a bit dinged I expect Tate to get 10 to 15 carries anyway if you like to gamble he could be the better play outright as I think MJD will get light work today(10 - 15 carries also but not in football shape yet).

[quote name='sying']Start two RB from these: LeSean McCoy , MJD, Darren Sproles, Doug Martin[/QUOTE]

If PPR - Sproles and McCoy

Standard Scoring - McCoy and Martin

[quote name='SIUfan']Should I take a chance on Richardson or start Deangelo Williams in his place?[/QUOTE]

Tampa Bay run defense last year was the gift that kept giving. And from what I heard they haven't improved. DeAngelo is a talented back and with the J. Stew questionable if not out outright I go DeAngelo.

[quote name='gabolous']should I start Cedric Benson or Ben Tate or Toby Gerhart or pick up Isaac redman? I currently only have Benson but am wondering to drop him for the other?[/QUOTE]

I like Gerhart today. AP is going to be monitored closely and Gerhart proved himself to be a legit back in this league. Also I wouldn't drop any back you have for Redman. I believe Dwyer will have that job soon.

[quote name='gabolous']should I start Cedric Benson or Ben Tate or Toby Gerhart or pick up Isaac redman? I currently only have Benson but am wondering to drop him for the other?[/QUOTE]

I'd keep and start Benson. The Packers have no other running backs. Srsly. Starks blew it, Grant is gone. Saine, Green? Not likely. Even though I feel Benson is overrated and possibly past his prime, I can't see him not being the man there. Tate has great upside today. Foster is playing, but I suspect Houston will keep him on a short leash given they're playing Miami. Tate at a bare minimum is splitting carries. Toby is going to be the man in Minny soon. If not sometime this year, it will be next. AP has been the beast for awhile, but isn't going to last - just ask LT. All 3 of these guys have upside. Redman is not going to usurp Mendy. He's a placeholder, at best, and might not make it past week 2.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Ben Tate, MJD, and Michael Turner. Need 2 out of the 3, can't decide which to go for. Turner is my only easy decision, knowing he'll play all game.[/QUOTE]

Tate. MJD may not get any play time out of spite. Tate will get much more, and is on a far better offense.

[quote name='SIUfan']Should I take a chance on Richardson or start Deangelo Williams in his place?[/QUOTE]

DeAngelo. Not only have they paid the man, Stewart tweeted he doesn't look to play today. Stewart tweeted it, not analysts. Trent is still questionable, and given last years debacle, I can't see the Browns not playing it safe with their future back.

[quote name='sying']Start two RB from these: LeSean McCoy , MJD, Darren Sproles, Doug Martin[/QUOTE]

McCoy and Sproles. You know what they can do. MJD is a question mark for me this week, and Martin is unproven. I never leave a game in the hands of a player that has never played in an NFL game. Preseason doesn't count. If he does good this week, then you know. If not, then you'll feel like every one who drafted Daniel Thomas last year.

[quote name='DestroVega']Can't decide whether to start Ben Tate or Foster. Ugh.

Already wishing I had just drafted Rice.[/QUOTE]

I have Tate, Demaryius Thomas, or Boldin for a flex play...

[quote name='DestroVega']Can't decide whether to start Ben Tate or Foster. Ugh.

Already wishing I had just drafted Rice.[/QUOTE]

If I'm wrong, don't curse my name too much. But I think Tate is the safer play here. I don't think the Dolphins have any shot in this game. If that happens, Tate should wind up getting the majority of touches - including scrub time. I can't see Houston risking further injury to Foster if the game becomes a blow out.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I have Tate, Demaryius Thomas, or Boldin for a flex play...[/QUOTE]

Thomas. Crazy, but I think Peyton will light it up to prove a point. Boldin plays a Cincy secondary that I like. I love me some Tate this week, but man, Thomas has so much potential in this game.

Pick two : Ronnie Brown, Doug Martin, Frank Gore, or Ben Tate.

I'm leaning towards Martin and Gore, but Brown is interesting with Mathews out. The same goes with Tate regarding Foster's health.

[quote name='winterice']Marshawn Lynch or Robert Turbin?[/QUOTE]

Lynch. Again, I can't start unproven backs in week 1. Moreso, if said back played for Utah State and blew his knee a year ago (or two, can't remember).

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Pick two : Ronnie Brown, Doug Martin, Frank Gore, or Ben Tate.

I'm leaning towards Martin and Gore, but Brown is interesting with Mathews out. The same goes with Tate regarding Foster's health.[/QUOTE]

As a Niner's fan, I love me some Gore. That said, Jacobs is going to leach the Hell out of Gore's touches. Especially with Harbaugh suggesting going easy on Gore this year. Brown I think is the man this week. With no Tolbert, I'm not sure who else to trust there.

For me, I'd go Tate/Brown.

[quote name='Kilraven']For anyone that actually listen to me and played Tate over Foster: I'm sorry.[/QUOTE]

Haha. I played Tate over Thomas and my opponent played Foster...Not a great start (tho I'm only down 7 right now)

However, Michael Bush with 16 points off the bench? What a shock!

Really CJ? Are we going to do this all over again? Good thing everyone else crushed it today. I'm up 152-88 right now and still have Wallace going. Scoring over 110 in my league is usually good for a win so I'm liking my team so far.

My team was pure beast mode today.

2dvtu2a.jpg

Next highest score is 319 in the league.

[quote name='Miami_13']My team was pure beast mode today.

2dvtu2a.jpg

Next highest score is 319 in the league.[/QUOTE]

Holy bananas what kind of crazy scoring system is this?!?! Do you get 35 points for every TD? I have Ahmad Bradshaw on my team and he scored 15.3 points (terrible game but he managed a TD) but he got 34.3 points for you. That is nuts. Matthew Stafford alone would have outscored 6 teams in my league so far!

[quote name='Javery']Holy bananas what kind of crazy scoring system is this?!?! Do you get 35 points for every TD? I have Ahmad Bradshaw on my team and he scored 15.3 points (terrible game but he managed a TD) but he got 34.3 points for you. That is nuts. Matthew Stafford alone would have outscored 6 teams in my league so far![/QUOTE]
Yeah it's definitely a unique scoring system the guy uses.

Pass Attempt:1 point
Pass Completion: 1 point
Pass Incompletion: -1 point
1 point per 10 yards passing/rushing/receiving
6 points TD
1 point per rushing attempt
PPR

Bonus points for 300 yards and 400 yards passing and 100 and 200 yards rushing/receiving. Also bonus points for a 40+ yard plays.

Holy hell my running backs sucked in every league this week. Deangelo Williams, Richardson, Hillis, Jennings, Fred Jackson. Of course I had CJ Spiller on the bench. Thankfully I also had Julio Jones and Reggie Wayne on that team combine for 60 points to give me the highest for the week (which is funny because people kept saying having no RBs would hold me back).

Another league I won 58-58 because my bench outscored his by 3. Both our teams sucked terribly, it was glorious.

Lost the ESPN league, but that was my freebie, so that one doesn't matter so much. :razz:

Edit: Actually, will probably lose the tied game. I didn't realize at the time of my post my opponent still had Boldin on the bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HydroX']Check the Waiver Wire for Stephen Hill ... [snip][/QUOTE]

I hope you guys have your waiver claims in.. it may already be too late. :drool:

Would you guys do any 2 combo of Rashad Jennings/Peyton Hillis/Beanie Wells/Robert Turbin for Vernon Davis?

My three RBs today only gave me 23 points. Just bad all around.

[quote name='winterice']Would you guys do any 2 combo of Rashad Jennings/Peyton Hillis/Beanie Wells/Robert Turbin for Vernon Davis?

My three RBs today only gave me 23 points. Just bad all around.[/QUOTE]

I'd give away Jennings and either Hillis or Turbin for Davis. While Beanie may suck, he will always get touches.

[quote name='Kilraven']As a Niner's fan, I love me some Gore. That said, Jacobs is going to leach the Hell out of Gore's touches. Especially with Harbaugh suggesting going easy on Gore this year. Brown I think is the man this week. With no Tolbert, I'm not sure who else to trust there.

For me, I'd go Tate/Brown.[/QUOTE]

You'd think as a Niner fan you'd know Jacobs was going to be out yesterday lol

[quote name='DestroVega']You'd think as a Niner fan you'd know Jacobs was going to be out yesterday lol[/QUOTE]

Even so, Jacobs couldn't rush for 4 yards with a 5 yard head start. Overrated.

[quote name='HydroX']Even so, SUPER BOWL CHAMPION Jacobs couldn't rush for 4 yards with a 5 yard head start. Overrated.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. He sucks and I won't miss him but please address him properly. ;)

[quote name='Javery']Fixed. He sucks and I won't miss him but please address him properly. ;)[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute... Brandon Javery Jacobs? Is that you? :shock:

my question for you guys is should i drop cj spiller and get alfred morris or keep cj spiller. my other 2 rbs are ray rice and murray.

[quote name='japaki']my question for you guys is should i drop cj spiller and get alfred morris or keep cj spiller. my other 2 rbs are ray rice and murray.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely keep CJ Spiller. I haven't read the reports yet, but Fred Jackson will miss time after that nasty collision.

You should know about the Mike Shanahan RB carousel by now.

[quote name='japaki']my question for you guys is should i drop cj spiller and get alfred morris or keep cj spiller. my other 2 rbs are ray rice and murray.[/QUOTE]

You only have 3 running backs? Without knowing the rest of your team, CJ Spiller is worth keeping right now. He went off yesterday, and Fred Jackson is getting an MRI and I'd expect him to get the bulk of the carries next week regardless of Jackson's health.

In my one league, I decided to cut Deangelo Williams and pick up Alfred Morris though. You perform that poorly and you play against some high scoring offenses the next couple weeks? Yeah, I don't expect you to be of much value right now.

[quote name='JStryke']You only have 3 running backs? Without knowing the rest of your team, CJ Spiller is worth keeping right now. He went off yesterday, and Fred Jackson is getting an MRI and I'd expect him to get the bulk of the carries next week regardless of Jackson's health.

In my one league, I decided to cut Deangelo Williams and pick up Alfred Morris though. You perform that poorly and you play against some high scoring offenses the next couple weeks? Yeah, I don't expect you to be of much value right now.[/QUOTE]

yeah we can only have 3 rbs total between bench and the one start and one flex. i got tony romo as qb with smith as a back-up. ray rice and murray as my two starters and spiller on bench. my 4 wrs are lacking tho, i have garcon, bowe, michael floyd, and steve smith off the rams. trying to waiver wire the jets wr that did really well to get on my bench and i already put in a claim for ogletree.

[quote name='japaki']yeah we can only have 3 rbs total between bench and the one start and one flex. i got tony romo as qb with smith as a back-up. ray rice and murray as my two starters and spiller on bench. my 4 wrs are lacking tho, i have garcon, bowe, michael floyd, and steve smith off the rams. trying to waiver wire the jets wr that did really well to get on my bench and i already put in a claim for ogletree.[/QUOTE]

Ogletree and Kerley will be non factors

[quote name='DestroVega']Ogletree and Kerley will be non factors[/QUOTE]
so is michael floyd and steve smith tho.. hang onto them?

What do you guys think about starting Torrey Smith over AJ Green? I am down by 33.5. He is done and I also have DMC and it's also half ppr.

I am thinking about doing it, Smith is facing one of the worst set of cb and saftey in the league. Looks like he now can be an all in one wr, not just a burner. On the other hand AJ is going to get a lot of targets, they have nobody else, but its the Raven's def. They are good in the secondary.

Any serious opinions?

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']What do you guys think about starting Torrey Smith over AJ Green? I am down by 33.5. He is done and I also have DMC and it's also half ppr.

I am thinking about doing it, Smith is facing one of the worst set of cb and saftey in the league. Looks like he now can be an all in one wr, not just a burner. On the other hand AJ is going to get a lot of targets, they have nobody else, but its the Raven's def. They are good in the secondary.

Any serious opinions?[/QUOTE]

AJ Green is the third best WR in the NFL while Torrey Smith is boom or bust. I wouldn't do it.

I think Green and DMC definitely get you 34 points.

[quote name='japaki']so is michael floyd and steve smith tho.. hang onto them?[/QUOTE]

I would drop smith for Ogletree I guess because he could become this season's Laurent Robinson but I wouldn't hang my hat on it,, I would keep Floyd.

[quote name='HydroX']Wait a minute... Brandon Javery Jacobs? Is that you? :shock:[/QUOTE]

Haha - Jacobs was the one player on the Giants over the last few years that I really couldn't stand. You know how you always love the guys on your team even though everyone else hates them (see: Shockey)? Well, I just couldn't stand Jacobs. He had his moments but his skills deteriorated a ton over the last 2 seasons. However, he just can't keep his mouth shut I just never liked his attitude. Hey 49ers, enjoy those 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties.

[quote name='Javery']Haha - Jacobs was the one player on the Giants over the last few years that I really couldn't stand. You know how you always love the guys on your team even though everyone else hates them (see: Shockey)? Well, I just couldn't stand Jacobs. He had his moments but his skills deteriorated a ton over the last 2 seasons. However, he just can't keep his mouth shut I just never liked his attitude. Hey 49ers, enjoy those 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties.[/QUOTE]

The guy is really a legend in his own mind. I thought he could be a decent back early in his career but the more I saw of him (and heard) the more I loved to watch him fail.

The little kid that sent him $3.36 to stay with the Giants was overpaying by about $3.25.

bread's done
Back