2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

[quote name='gravel']What about Houston? They play Miami starting a very raw rookie QB, missing three offensive lineman.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've got to go with Houston or maybe Philly being the best defense starts. Don't forget team defense also relies on the teams offense somewhat, you can't have an offense that potentially just gives the ball right back to the other team every time. Both Philly and Houston are set much better offensively than Seattle, especially possibly without Marshawn Lynch. Plus IMO both Houston and Philly D are more complete than Seattle as well and Arizona at least has proven weapons on offense (but nobody to throw to them...)

Damn! Maybe I should've started Romo. I hope Vick can at least match his points. My luck he'll get popped in the ribs and go down after losing a fumble.

He said seatle D was best because the question was Ravens or Seahawks.

172k Ogletree adds last I looked several hours ago. Yahoo private league defaults were set to Sunday-Tuesday waivers guess nobody caught it lol... Public leagues he a free agent. My league on ESPN he is on waivers but the others I don't run already claimed. Next Laurent Robinson, maybe not but worth a FA flyer!

[quote name='$hady']He said seatle D was best because the question was Ravens or Seahawks.

172k Ogletree adds last I looked several hours ago. Yahoo private league defaults were set to Sunday-Tuesday waivers guess nobody caught it lol... Public leagues he a free agent. My league on ESPN he is on waivers but the others I don't run already claimed. Next Laurent Robinson, maybe not but worth a FA flyer![/QUOTE]

No I still think Seattle is the best D this week period. We'll see how it pans out.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Thankfully I didn't hop on the giants receivers early in my drafts like I thought about...[/QUOTE]

Why because of one game. Those guys are studs.

I put Miles Austin in last minute last night, worked out pretty good.

Bradshaw scored well for not much being there, to be honest...

In other news, Moore (NO) or Meachum (SD)? Half-PPR.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Thankfully I didn't hop on the giants receivers early in my drafts like I thought about...[/QUOTE]

This is the silliest thing I've ever read. It's one game.

[quote name='$hady']He said seatle D was best because the question was Ravens or Seahawks.

172k Ogletree adds last I looked several hours ago. Yahoo private league defaults were set to Sunday-Tuesday waivers guess nobody caught it lol... Public leagues he a free agent. My league on ESPN he is on waivers but the others I don't run already claimed. Next Laurent Robinson, maybe not but worth a FA flyer![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on him getting anywhere near those numbers the rest of the year unless Witten and Austin are gimped I think he scored so many points because of a perfect storm last night. 3rd string corner + Witten & Austin not nearly 100%

[quote name='$hady']I dislike cutting Benson for Redman as well, Mendy already looking good they saying. Cedric in that offense won't have big yards but might have several games with Jerome Bettis like stat lines: 3 rushes, 3 yards, 3 tds lol

Seahawks over Ravens this week, but why do you own 2 D's? Draft 1 good D and 1 K play whoever in they bye week.

My Harvin for Ryan trade was denied and the guy txts me he'll give me Holmes instead. fuck him, watch him come begging in a few weeks after running with Dalton and Ponder. Plus this could be the 1st year Madden ruins 2 first round picks, I like Ryan backing up Stafford in 6 pt passing td league. lol

Edit: SIU, is there any QBs out there at all? I imagine with 2 being able to start most owners will start 2 every week plus have 1 benched.[/QUOTE]

There are a few in on waivers that I'm looking at, I flubbed up at the draft. Normally I'd have two.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']Santana Moss vs. Saints, or Kevin Smith vs. Rams[/QUOTE]

Kevin Smith in a landslide. Santana Moss absolutely sucks. Now that I say that, he will likely score 3 TDs this week. Seriously though, go with Smith. He is the unquestionable starter until LeShoure returns from suspension in Week 4(?).

[quote name='rhymenoceros']With Lynch questionable with back spasms, should I risk starting him at flex or play Brandon Lloyd, Decker or Gore? Questions, questions![/QUOTE]

I'd go with Gore if you don't have the option to switch players around before game-time, as Lynch will likely be a game-time decision.

I'm hoping I can get a speedy answer here. A guy is offering me Rashad Jennings for Kenny Britt. Kenny Britt could've had a chance to break out last year but suffered the knee injury and has had three surgeries, and at least one on both knees. On the other hand, Jennings I fear won't have any value past week 2 barring a trade of either him or MJD. Yet with Britt, while they have Washington and Wright, he is their #1, even with a rookie QB.

Both guys have crazy high risk, but I'm desperate at RB this week with Richardson and MJD as my top two backs. But with my receivers, Britt's play time will be minimal (and was the last WR I drafted out of 6 total). His original reasoning was handcuff for handcuff, but Kenny Britt is no man's handcuff. Except the police's.

I think he's trying to pull off a salesman pitch to try and convince me to this, as much as the fibers in my being say it's a terrible idea.

In other words, I need one of you guys to slap some sense into me.

[quote name='JStryke']I'm hoping I can get a speedy answer here. A guy is offering me Rashad Jennings for Kenny Britt. Kenny Britt could've had a chance to break out last year but suffered the knee injury and has had three surgeries, and at least one on both knees. On the other hand, Jennings I fear won't have any value past week 2 barring a trade of either him or MJD. Yet with Britt, while they have Washington and Wright, he is their #1, even with a rookie QB.

Both guys have crazy high risk, but I'm desperate at RB this week with Richardson and MJD as my top two backs. But with my receivers, Britt's play time will be minimal (and was the last WR I drafted out of 6 total). His original reasoning was handcuff for handcuff, but Kenny Britt is no man's handcuff. Except the police's.

I think he's trying to pull off a salesman pitch to try and convince me to this, as much as the fibers in my being say it's a terrible idea.

In other words, I need one of you guys to slap some sense into me.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't take that deal. He's doing a sell high, buy low with the current concerns surrounding MJD and Britt. Wait until Britt has a big game, then if you still need an RB, sell him high for one.

[quote name='JStryke']I'm hoping I can get a speedy answer here. A guy is offering me Rashad Jennings for Kenny Britt. Kenny Britt could've had a chance to break out last year but suffered the knee injury and has had three surgeries, and at least one on both knees. On the other hand, Jennings I fear won't have any value past week 2 barring a trade of either him or MJD. Yet with Britt, while they have Washington and Wright, he is their #1, even with a rookie QB.

In other words, I need one of you guys to slap some sense into me.[/QUOTE]

I would keep Jennings or atleast try to get more for him. Generally RBs who hold out and miss preseason and work outs, tend to fall flat. (Chris Johnson) They either don't produce or get hurt early and often. I've picked up Jennings in a few drafts. I believe he'll do very well.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']Need some help with my flex spot. Should I start: Santana Moss vs. Saints, or Kevin Smith vs. Rams

Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

Kevin Smith all the way. Moss is to unpredictable for me, plus the Rams D is bad. Play Smith, let him rack up some points then use him as trade bait before LeShore comes back.

OK, now I'm wavering as to who to start for the rest of my roster. I sat Romo (stupid unless Vick blows up) and Witten last night.

Debating on who to start at my flex spot & TE. I'm starting Foster & Sproles at RB & Welker & Fitz at WR.

I need to start two (one flex and one TE) out of the following: C.Fleener, J.Cook, BGE, Demaryous Thomas, B.LaFell, Santonio Holmes, B.Tate, or Daniel Thomas.

My initial thought was to go with Cook at TE and Demaryius Thomas at flex but the more I read, the more it sounds like Decker is gonna get all the action from Manning. Obviously Tate & Daniel are off the board because they're backups. A few things I've read have said LaFell might be a sneaky play Smith a little gimpy. They think LaFell might get the bulk of Scam's targets.

Other things I've read have said Fleener might be a good play at TE because the Bears cover 2 opens it up for a lot of short passes over the middle. Luck might just dump the ball off to his buddy a bunch of times.

Also thinking of dropping Daniel Thomas for Dwyer. He's still sitting in the FA pool in my league.

[quote name='DestroVega']Grab Dwyer and start him. Turbin available?[/QUOTE]

Nope, someone already nabbed him. I was sitting on Thomas hoping for a Reggie Bush injury but I'm also sitting on Tate as insurance. It's tough to just sit on two bench guys and have them take up room on my roster.

So You're saying pick up Dwyer and start him in the flex spot?

Oh now isn't that some BS! I went to make a FA move and my league site said that I can't because I have Jason Witten on IR (he was frickin' questionable right up to gametime). It says I can' make any roster moves until this is addressed. That's fine but Witten is LOCKED since he played last night and won't unlock until Tuesday!

[quote name='HydroX']Kevin Smith in a landslide. Santana Moss absolutely sucks. Now that I say that, he will likely score 3 TDs this week. Seriously though, go with Smith. He is the unquestionable starter until LeShoure returns from suspension in Week 4(?).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slofton']Kevin Smith all the way. Moss is to unpredictable for me, plus the Rams D is bad. Play Smith, let him rack up some points then use him as trade bait before LeShore comes back. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice guys :D. Smith it is for this week but I have a feeling Moss might be of some use yet with RG3 at the helm

Also LeShoure comes back Week 3

[quote name='Chitown021']OK, now I'm wavering as to who to start for the rest of my roster. I sat Romo (stupid unless Vick blows up) and Witten last night.

Debating on who to start at my flex spot & TE. I'm starting Foster & Sproles at RB & Welker & Fitz at WR.

I need to start two (one flex and one TE) out of the following: C.Fleener, J.Cook, BGE, Demaryous Thomas, B.LaFell, Santonio Holmes, B.Tate, or Daniel Thomas.

My initial thought was to go with Cook at TE and Demaryius Thomas at flex but the more I read, the more it sounds like Decker is gonna get all the action from Manning. Obviously Tate & Daniel are off the board because they're backups. A few things I've read have said LaFell might be a sneaky play Smith a little gimpy. They think LaFell might get the bulk of Scam's targets.

Other things I've read have said Fleener might be a good play at TE because the Bears cover 2 opens it up for a lot of short passes over the middle. Luck might just dump the ball off to his buddy a bunch of times.

Also thinking of dropping Daniel Thomas for Dwyer. He's still sitting in the FA pool in my league.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you're paying attention, but Foster will be a game time decision. Good thing you have Tate.

I need to drop one of these guys for a defense. Who would you drop?

Greg Little (WR, Browns)
Alshon Jeffery (WR, Bears)
Kendall Wright (WR, Titans)
Kyle Rudolph (TE, Vikings)

[quote name='Chitown021']Oh now isn't that some BS! I went to make a FA move and my league site said that I can't because I have Jason Witten on IR (he was frickin' questionable right up to gametime). It says I can' make any roster moves until this is addressed. That's fine but Witten is LOCKED since he played last night and won't unlock until Tuesday![/QUOTE]

Players usually lock until the week is over after their game starts in any league I've seen.

[quote name='G33']I need to drop one of these guys for a defense. Who would you drop?

Greg Little (WR, Browns)
Kyle Rudolph (TE, Vikings)[/QUOTE]

Who else do you have at those positions?

[quote name='G33']I need to drop one of these guys for a defense. Who would you drop?

Greg Little (WR, Browns)
Kyle Rudolph (TE, Vikings)[/QUOTE]

Easy one. Jeffrey

[quote name='gravel']Who else do you have at those positions?[/QUOTE]

WR:
Roddy White
Wes Welker
Justin Blackmon

TE:
Aaron Hernandez

[quote name='G33']WR:
Roddy White
Wes Welker
Justin Blackmon

TE:
Aaron Hernandez[/QUOTE]
I'd probably drop Jeffrey too, unless it's a keeper league.

[quote name='gravel']I'm sure you're paying attention, but Foster will be a game time decision. Good thing you have Tate.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw him show up on the injury report and was like oh fuck! I do have Tate I just hope I find out who's starting in enough time to make the change.
[quote name='gravel']Players usually lock until the week is over after their game starts in any league I've seen.[/QUOTE]
Yeah my league have always locked players but it doesn't usually screw me over from making any other moves. It's just the way things happened. My roster is now illegal but I can't do anything about it until roster unlock on Tuesday.

So Ben Tate or Darren Sproles in a non-PPR league? Also this league only starts 2 RB, no flex and my other RB is Jamaal Charles (with Doug Martin also on my bench.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']So Ben Tate or Darren Sproles in a non-PPR league? Also this league only starts 2 RB, no flex and my other RB is Jamaal Charles (with Doug Martin also on my bench.)[/QUOTE]

Start Doug, Tate if Foster is ruled out before the 12pm game time.

Trying to figure out my 2nd running back in a league, non-ppr, no flex.

My options are Lynch, Turbin, Rashad Jennings, and Ingram. Considering I leave for work at 1:30 and with Ingram / Jennings starting at 1, I'm leaning Jennings.

Alright so have a few different options in 2 of my leagues:

League 1 Flex:

-Demaryius Thomas, Ben Tate (if Foster is out), Anquan Boldin or Heyward-Bey

League 2:

- BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Willis McGahee at RB

Thoughts? I'm leaning towards Thomas and McGahee since Green-Ellis faces Baltimore.

[quote name='JStryke']Trying to figure out my 2nd running back in a league, non-ppr, no flex.

My options are Lynch, Turbin, Rashad Jennings, and Ingram. Considering I leave for work at 1:30 and with Ingram / Jennings starting at 1, I'm leaning Jennings.[/QUOTE]

I'd start Jennings anyway, people are underestimating Arizona, they went on a tear the second half of last season and Seattle has a rookie QB starting on the road.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Alright so have a few different options in 2 of my leagues:

League 1 Flex:

-Demaryius Thomas, Ben Tate (if Foster is out), Anquan Boldin or Heyward-Bey

League 2:

- BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Willis McGahee at RB

Thoughts? I'm leaning towards Thomas and McGahee since Green-Ellis faces Baltimore.[/QUOTE]

League 1- Tate if Foster can't go. Otherwise I like Boldin slightly but don't love either of the 3

League 2- definitely McGahee

[quote name='DestroVega']I'd start Jennings anyway, people are underestimating Arizona, they went on a tear the second half of last season and Seattle has a rookie QB starting on the road.

League 1- Tate if Foster can't go. Otherwise I like Boldin slightly but don't love either of the 3

League 2- definitely McGahee[/QUOTE]

yeah none of the 3 are overly impressive, but I'm leaning towards Boldin now too if Foster starts because I dont think the Broncos will have much of a passing game tomorrow.

[quote name='CorporateMan Punk']At flex, Doug Martin or Trent Richardson?[/QUOTE]

Martin. TRich just had that knee surgery.

I'm already down in my keeper league 37-2. The guy I'm up against had Romo, Murray, Austin, and Bailey for the Cowboys, and I only had Cruz going. Everything looked great for the first half, then the Cowboys came to life. Cruz's drops didn't help matters either. Hopefully I can make it up tomorrow.

All right I need some last minute advice on who to start in my WR/TE flex spot. It's a PPR, 1 pt/10 yards league.

WR-Titus Young (STL)
TE-Fred Davis (@NO)
TE-Greg Olsen (@TB)

Right now I have Davis starting but feel Young could have a great game with less receptions.

should I start Cedric Benson or Ben Tate or Toby Gerhart or pick up Isaac redman? I currently only have Benson but am wondering to drop him for the other?

[quote name='perdition(troy']Ben Tate, MJD, and Michael Turner. Need 2 out of the 3, can't decide which to go for. Turner is my only easy decision, knowing he'll play all game.[/QUOTE]

I would go MJD and Turner, at least MJD is a 3rd down back according to HC Mularkey

[quote name='Miami_13']All right I need some last minute advice on who to start in my WR/TE flex spot. It's a PPR, 1 pt/10 yards league.

WR-Titus Young (STL)
TE-Fred Davis (@NO)
TE-Greg Olsen (@TB)

Right now I have Davis starting but feel Young could have a great game with less receptions.[/QUOTE]

Greg Olsen

[quote name='sying']Start two RB from these: LeSean McCoy , MJD, Darren Sproles, Doug Martin[/QUOTE]

I would go McCoy & Martin. The other two will get limited touches because of the other RB(s) in the rotation. Or in the case of MJD the fact that he's just coming off a holdout so his carries will be limited.

I'd start Tate over Benson and Gerhart. Likewise Tate and Turner over MJD. DeAngelo Williams over Richardson. McCoy and Martin over Sproles and MJD. I think Tate should have a big game. If Foster doesn't go, he gets the whole workload in a game that shouldn't be close and if Foster does go, and the game isn't close, I can see them limiting Arian's touches once it gets out of hand.

bread's done
Back