2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

Yeah, I felt pretty good about my draft. I had pick number 3. Rodger's was taken #2. And I think you're right, I can just ride out Vick, and if he get's hurt, I'll still have Cutler. Thanks for the advice!

Is anyone interested in joining a Yahoo auction draft league? We just had someone drop out and the draft is in an hour...

Anyone betting on some super sleeper rookies? Somebody out there has to be this year's Victor Cruz...

My bet is Rod Streater, I've only seen highlights and it's preseason but for an undrafted guy to secure a roster spot 2 weeks in you know he's making an impact on that team (then again it is the Raiders...)

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Justin Blackmon. Wide out for the Jags. Im a jags fan anyway, but he is high risk/high reward given that offense right now.[/QUOTE]

Barf

so its a 6 man league, PPR, I was thinking about getting a WR/RB as my first pick who should I go with? Ive won the last 2 years starting Brady.

[quote name='Jackhole85']How'd I do? 10 team standard.

QB: Mike Vick
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Hakeem Nicks
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Matt Forte
TE: Jacob Tamme
K: Rob Bironas
DEF: Buffalo

Bench:
Sidney Rice
Justin Blackmon
Jermaine Gresham
Jay Cutler
Reggie Bush
Titus Young

I was just offered Mike Vick and Sidney Rice for Matt Ryan and Eric Decker. I should probably accept that, right? I know Matt Ryan is everybody's favorite sleeper this year, but will he be good enough to win in a 10 team league? Will Vick stay healthy long enough in order for me to win? Should I try and trade for a different QB?[/QUOTE]

I think this was a good draft. I'm personally down on Miles Austin and Sidney Rice to me is a worthless. Also Jacon Tamme has become somewhat overvalued but does depend on where you drafted him, Some folks are reaching. The highlights to me are Vick and Cutler at QB. Sure Vick gets hurt but name me another player that has the potential to win your week single-handily? Also Cutler should be a top 15 QB who will be good on the bye and and injury Vick might have. No way I trade Matt Ryan for Michael Vick. Decker isn't a good enough upgrade on your current receivers to make this trade. Your backs are Awesome! I even think Bush is a good bye week back to have. Titus Young also while being hyped I believe has the goods to stay on the field and feast on all that single coverage he'll be seeing. In short good draft dude!

[quote name='kube00']so its a 6 man league, PPR, I was thinking about getting a WR/RB as my first pick who should I go with? Ive won the last 2 years starting Brady.[/QUOTE]

PPR 6 man league. without knowing how many of what starts Remember in this format guys like Wes Welker, and Darren Sproles turn into late first rounders early second rounders. In fact I believe Welker should be the 2nd or 3rd receiver off the board. With only 6 teams in the league the wavier wire will have crazy talent also don't reach for QB stock up on pass catching backs and volume receivers. Not knowing your pick I will just give you my rankings of the first round in your format.

1. Ray Rice
2. Arian Foster
3. LeSean McCoy
4.Megatron
5. Matt Forte
6. Roddy White
7. Chris Johnson

Bonus

8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Wes Welker
10. Tom Brady
11. Jimmy Graham
12. Darren Sproles
13. Drew Brees

Bonus Tip - A late round guy that is overlooked in this format is CJ Spiller who lined up wide last year for the Bills caught a good amount of balls.

Justin Blackmon a deep sleeper? LOL.

Reuben Randle, maybe.

If people are overlooking CJ Spiller in your drafts, you are playing with buffoons.

[quote name='HydroX']Justin Blackmon a deep sleeper? LOL.

Reuben Randle, maybe.

If people are overlooking CJ Spiller in your drafts, you are playing with buffoons.[/QUOTE]

Well in what format? PPR yeah he gets a higher profile but is still a late round pick (7th and 8th). In standard leagues he's even later (8th,9th). I will agree the potential to be Darren Sproles means he offers incredible value than the backs being drafted around him. For example In a standard league Beanie Wells (I hate Beanie Wells) probably would be more valuable. In a PPR CJ Spiller.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']PPR 6 man league. without knowing how many of what starts Remember in this format guys like Wes Welker, and Darren Sproles turn into late first rounders early second rounders. In fact I believe Welker should be the 2nd or 3rd receiver off the board. With only 6 teams in the league the wavier wire will have crazy talent also don't reach for QB stock up on pass catching backs and volume receivers. Not knowing your pick I will just give you my rankings of the first round in your format.

1. Ray Rice
2. Arian Foster
3. LeSean McCoy
4.Megatron
5. Matt Forte
6. Roddy White
7. Chris Johnson

Bonus

8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Wes Welker
10. Tom Brady
11. Jimmy Graham
12. Darren Sproles
13. Drew Brees

Bonus Tip - A late round guy that is overlooked in this format is CJ Spiller who lined up wide last year for the Bills caught a good amount of balls.[/QUOTE]

Its 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 TE/WR/RB, D, and K

[quote name='kube00']so its a 6 man league, PPR, I was thinking about getting a WR/RB as my first pick who should I go with? Ive won the last 2 years starting Brady.[/QUOTE]

Arian Foster
Ray Rice
LeSean McCoy
Calvin Johnson
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees/Tom Brady

Those would be my 1st round picks, in that order. In a six team league, you want the best studs you can get regardless of position (as long as they'll start for you) and those are the best players you can get.

I know it's early but I'm debating who to start in my TE/WR option. I have,

Greg Olsen (@TB)
Fred Davis (@NO)
Greg Little (vs. PHI)
Titus Young (vs. STL)

This is a PPR league, 1 pt. per 10 yards receiving with bonus points at 100 yards.

[quote name='Miami_13']I know it's early but I'm debating who to start in my TE/WR option. I have,

Greg Olsen (@TB)
Fred Davis (@NO)
Greg Little (vs. PHI)
Titus Young (vs. STL)

This is a PPR league, 1 pt. per 10 yards receiving with bonus points at 100 yards.[/QUOTE]

Fred Davis by a pinch over Titus Young. I think Davis is going to catch a lot of balls from RGIII being a security blanket. I'm high on Titus Young and he could easily turn up with 100 yards receiving. I just have a feeling Davis is catching 80 balls this year minimum. Either one I could see.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Anyone betting on some super sleeper rookies? Somebody out there has to be this year's Victor Cruz...[/QUOTE]

I'm going to say Jonathan Baldwin with the Chiefs. Since there's a chance Bowe won't be making a return next year after his contract is up, I wouldn't be shocked if they focus more on Baldwin to see if he has what it takes to take up Bowe's role in the future.

[quote name='4thHorseman']I'm going to say Jonathan Baldwin with the Chiefs. Since there's a chance Bowe won't be making a return next year after his contract is up, I wouldn't be shocked if they focus more on Baldwin to see if he has what it takes to take up Bowe's role in the future.[/QUOTE]

He isn't a rookie, but I agree, Baldwin could have a good season. It's also tough to say at this point, because we haven't seen any roster cuts yet and injuries also play a big part in the no name players getting their chance. Cole Beasley from the Cowboys might be one at WR. He may end up winning the slot receiver spot, taking Laurent Robinson's spot from last year. Non-sleeper rookies that look good to me: Justin Blackmon, Alshon Jeffrey, David Wilson, Reuben Randle, Kendall Wright, Josh Gordon, Colby Fleener. I'd also take Trent Richardson in my keeper league, but I haven't seen anything from him yet due to the injury.

[quote name='Miami_13']I know it's early but I'm debating who to start in my TE/WR option. I have,

Greg Olsen (@TB)
Fred Davis (@NO)
Greg Little (vs. PHI)
Titus Young (vs. STL)

This is a PPR league, 1 pt. per 10 yards receiving with bonus points at 100 yards.[/QUOTE]

Your choice is definitely between Davis and Young. Davis probably has the safer floor as he should get a fair amount of targets. However, he has a low ceiling as he just isn't going to completely blow up. Young has the more exciting ceiling as Detroit's offense is all about chucking the ball, and Young can get up and go. However, his floor is lower as Megatron is the eater of footballs, and Young is maybe third in the feeding order.

Edit: All that said, I'm high on Young overall this year, especially since you can snag him so late.

Greg Olsen (@TB)
Fred Davis (@NO)
Greg Little (vs. PHI)
Titus Young (vs. STL)

Greg Olsen all day dude. Shockey is gone, the new OC is the same guy that helped Antonio Gates get 1000 yds two different times while he was was in SD two different times. Also, he helped Kellen Winslow get his only 1000 yd season. He has th size and skill set to be a top TE, he has just always been held back by the offense or another TE.

Ok, 10 man PPR league on ESPN. 6pt passing tds, 1 point per reception, 3/5 points for going over 1-199 yds/200+ yds in rushing/receiving yds and the same for passing 300-399 yds/400+ yds passing games. Everything else is standard settings.

PM an e-mail so I can invite you to the league. I did it this way, because it allows more customization and I can reactivate the league every year.

I got 8 spots left, SEH has already joined.

I picked 7th in a 10 team league H2H non-ppg

QB - D. Brees
WR - G. Jennings
WR - D. Bowe
RB - A. Peterson
RB - F. Jackson
TE - A. Gates
Flex - R. Wayne
K - A. Henery
DST - Baltimore
BN - I. Robinson
BN - P. Manning
BN - D. Heyward-Bey
BN - R. Williams
BN - J. Cook
BN - C. Benson

How did I do?

[quote name='gbpackers94']Should I drop James Starks or Alshon Jefferey to pick up Russel Wilson? You know, just in case he has a Cam Newton type year.[/QUOTE]

If this is your team from earlier in the thread, don't you have Rodgers, Rivers, and Luck already? You really don't need 4 QBs. You might be better off trying to find some high upside RB, WR, or TE, or looking into your bye weeks to see where and when you might need more depth.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I picked 7th in a 10 team league H2H non-ppg

QB - D. Brees
WR - G. Jennings
WR - D. Bowe
RB - A. Peterson
RB - F. Jackson
TE - A. Gates
Flex - R. Wayne
K - A. Henery
DST - Baltimore
BN - I. Robinson
BN - P. Manning
BN - D. Heyward-Bey
BN - R. Williams
BN - J. Cook
BN - C. Benson

How did I do?[/QUOTE]

The only thing I don't like is the RB depth. Benson could help out there though. Who's Robinson?

[quote name='JStryke']I have a question that's been on my mind for the past couple days. Bought my first magazine for the year, and when looking through their mock draft, I notice they have Graham and Gronkowski going late first / early second round.

Now, I'm not saying I'm going to draft either of them as I think you can get a decent TE late, but are these guys smoking crack or is it legitimate that they could actually go that high?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gravel']The only thing I don't like is the RB depth. Benson could help out there though. Who's Robinson?[/QUOTE]

Oops, Redman I mean. Yes, that is my concern as well.

First draft down 12-team, 1/2 point PPR keeper league, so about 20 guys were off the board. I kept Calvin and Bush.

QB- Matt Ryan
WR- Calvin Johnson
WR- Brandon Marshall
RB- Reggie Bush
RB- Doug Martin
TE- Jermichael Finley
Flex- Dwayne Bowe
K- Matt Prater
Def- Jets

Bench- Joe Flacco
Bench- Danny Amendola
Bench- Justin Blackmon
Bench- Vincent Brown
Bench- Cedric Benson
Bench- Ryan Williams
Bench- Kyle Rudolph

Last pick in a 12 team league:

QB- Tony Romo
RB- Marshawn Lynch
RB- Michael Turner
RB/WR- DeSean Jackson
WR- Eric Decker
WR- Vincent Jackson
TE- Rob Gronkowski
LB- London Fletcher
DL- Justin Tuck
DB- Tyvon Branch
D/ST- 49ers
K- Robbie Gould

Bench- Santonio Holmes
Bench- Matt Schaub
Bench- Mike Tolbert
Bench- Brent Celek
Bench- Bills D/ST
Bench- Matt Bryant
Bench- Stephen Tulloch
Bench- Alfred Morris

[quote name='Miami_13']Some guy just released Kenny Britt. He goes on waivers the 24th and I have 1st priority. Anyone think he's worth adding despite all his issues and injury?[/QUOTE]

Get the guy who dropped him on speed dial and be ready to make trades with him all year. That move makes no sense. Why draft him and drop him before the season even starts? Only way that makes any sense at all is if Britt is never gonna play. He will play eventually, and when he does, he will put up big numbers. He has top tier WR talent. He's a complete and utter head case with injury issues, but he's a gamble worth taking as a back-up. I took him in the middle rounds, after I had established my team.

Anyway, my draft was yesterday. I am pretty satisfied going into the season. I think I have a lot of depth to deal with the eventual injuries and falterings.

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Ryan Matthews
WR - Brandon Lloyd
WR - DJax
WR - Nate Washington
TE- Greg Olsen
K - David Akers
DEF/ST - Ravens

QB - Josh Freeman
RB - Michael Bush
RB - LaGarrette Blount
RB - Shane Vereen
WR - Kenny Britt
WR - Randall Cobb
WR - Austin Collie
WR - David Nelson
TE - Jason Witten

Draft went fine
I was the last guy in the 4 man league and I was wrong its not a PPR
1. (4) Arian Foster
2. (5) LeSean McCoy
3. (12) Cam Newton
4. (13) Julio Jones WR
5. (20) Victor Cruz WR
6. (21) Greg Jennings
7. (28) Jimmy Graham
8. (29) Eli Manning
9. (36) Baltimore
10. (37) DeMarco Murray
11. (44) Percy Harvin
12. (45) Maurice Jones-Drew
13. (52) Stephen Gostkowski
14. (53) Aaron Hernandez
15. (60) Pittsburgh

Lots of people to pick up and drop, I might dump Hernandez and grab Finley

Second draft done. 12-team non-PPR keeper league, keepers start this year.

QB- Eli Manning
WR- Victor Cruz
WR- Brandon Marshall
WR- Percy Harvin
RB- Arian Foster
RB- Doug Martin
TE- Jermaine Gresham
K- Matt Prater
Def- Seattle

Bench- Alex Smith
Bench- Michael Crabtree
Bench- Ben Tate
Bench- Brandon LaFell
Bench- Jonathon Stewart

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Get the guy who dropped him on speed dial and be ready to make trades with him all year. That move makes no sense. Why draft him and drop him before the season even starts? Only way that makes any sense at all is if Britt is never gonna play. He will play eventually, and when he does, he will put up big numbers. He has top tier WR talent. He's a complete and utter head case with injury issues, but he's a gamble worth taking as a back-up. I took him in the middle rounds, after I had established my team.

Anyway, my draft was yesterday. I am pretty satisfied going into the season. I think I have a lot of depth to deal with the eventual injuries and falterings.

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Ryan Matthews
WR - Brandon Lloyd
WR - DJax
WR - Nate Washington
TE- Greg Olsen
K - David Akers
DEF/ST - Ravens

QB - Josh Freeman
RB - Michael Bush
RB - LaGarrette Blount
RB - Shane Vereen
WR - Kenny Britt
WR - Randall Cobb
WR - Austin Collie
WR - David Nelson
TE - Jason Witten[/QUOTE]
Forget eventual injuries, Matthews, Vereen, Britt, Collie and Witten are all hurt right now. Granted most should be back for the regular season, but with Collie's 3rd(or is it 4th) concussion in two years, you may want to replace him.

I'm playing Fantasy Football with co-workers for the first time this year. Everyone says the new guy wins every year, but I don't think I will have that horseshoe up my ass like others in the past. We drafted 10 teams PPR and I got 3rd overall pick. How did I do? I think I got a pretty even distribution of bye weeks so I shouldn't have a horrible week during the season.

1. (3) Ray Rice RB
2. (18) Cam Newton QB
3. (23) Matt Forte RB
4. (38) Hakeem Nicks WR
5. (43) Dez Bryant WR
6. (58) Vernon Davis TE
7. (63) Shonn Greene RB
8. (78) Robert Griffin III QB
9. (83) Kenny Britt WR
10. (98) Titus Young WR
11. (103) Green Bay DEF
12. (118) Tony Gonzalez TE
13. (123) Dan Bailey K
14. (138) Alshon Jeffery WR
15. (143) New England DEF

Seeing how little action Fred Davis is getting I'm starting to lean towards Olsen or Young now. Also not looking great at RB. I need to start two from...1 pt. per 10 yards. And point per rushing attempt along with PPR.

Ahmad Bradshaw (vs. DAL)
Darren Sproles (vs. WAS)
Cedric Benson (vs. SF)
Jonathan Stewart (@TB)

Obviously injuries are affecting this and it's too early. Looks like most will play week 1. But I can see Carolina not rushing Stewart back for week 1.

[quote name='gravel']Forget eventual injuries, Matthews, Vereen, Britt, Collie and Witten are all hurt right now. Granted most should be back for the regular season, but with Collie's 3rd(or is it 4th) concussion in two years, you may want to replace him.[/QUOTE]

The way to win in fantasy football is to find the guys with huge upsides at the bottom of the draft. Also, it's football. People are always hurt. Most of the guys you named are going to play. If they don't, they are mostly my backups, with the exception of Matthews, who will probably only miss Week 1. I will dump them when and if it is needed.

[quote name='Habbler']I'm playing Fantasy Football with co-workers for the first time this year. Everyone says the new guy wins every year, but I don't think I will have that horseshoe up my ass like others in the past. We drafted 10 teams PPR and I got 3rd overall pick. How did I do? I think I got a pretty even distribution of bye weeks so I shouldn't have a horrible week during the season.

1. (3) Ray Rice RB
2. (18) Cam Newton QB
3. (23) Matt Forte RB
4. (38) Hakeem Nicks WR
5. (43) Dez Bryant WR
6. (58) Vernon Davis TE
7. (63) Shonn Greene RB
9. (83) Kenny Britt WR
10. (98) Titus Young WR
11. (103) Green Bay DEF
13. (123) Dan Bailey K
15. (143) New England DEF[/QUOTE]

Great draft. Other than having Shonn Greene (who can eat a bag of dicks) you have a rock solid team. If RGIII goes off early I'd try trading him for another RB.

Drafted last night for my 8 Team Keeper PPR + Return Yard League. I think 23 players were already off the board. Kinda Meh, had the last pick this year since I won last year.

QB - Drew Brees (Keeper - 3rd Rd)
WR - Larry Fitzgerald (1st Rd)
WR - Dez Bryant (5th Rd)
WR - Julio Jones (Keeper - 12th Rd)
RB - Darren Sproles (2nd Rd)
RB - Ahmad Bradshaw (4th Rd)
TE - Jimmy Graham (Keeper - 4th Rd)
FLEX - Doug Martin (6th Rd)
DB - Tyvon Branch (16th Rd)
DL - n/a (skipped this spot)
LB - Derrick Johnson (15th Rd)
B - Torrey Smith (7th Rd)
B - Danny Amendola (8th Rd)
B - Ben Tate (10th Rd)
B - Ryan Williams (11th Rd)
B - Ben Roethlisberger (13th Rd)
B - David Wilson (14th Rd)
B - Kendall Wright (17th Rd)

[quote name='Habbler']I'm playing Fantasy Football with co-workers for the first time this year. Everyone says the new guy wins every year, but I don't think I will have that horseshoe up my ass like others in the past. We drafted 10 teams PPR and I got 3rd overall pick. How did I do? I think I got a pretty even distribution of bye weeks so I shouldn't have a horrible week during the season.

1. (3) Ray Rice RB
2. (18) Cam Newton QB
3. (23) Matt Forte RB
4. (38) Hakeem Nicks WR
5. (43) Dez Bryant WR
6. (58) Vernon Davis TE
7. (63) Shonn Greene RB
9. (83) Kenny Britt WR
10. (98) Titus Young WR
11. (103) Green Bay DEF
13. (123) Dan Bailey K

I'd also be a little wary of the Pats defense (I'm a Pats fan but from a fantasy perspective the D isnt great) but otherwise great draft!

1. (3) Ray Rice RB
2. (18) Cam Newton QB
3. (23) Matt Forte RB
4. (38) Hakeem Nicks WR
5. (43) Dez Bryant WR
6. (58) Vernon Davis TE
7. (63) Shonn Greene RB
9. (83) Kenny Britt WR
10. (98) Titus Young WR
11. (103) Green Bay DEF
13. (123) Dan Bailey K

Good job overall but whats crazy to me is that you got Forte in the 3rd round in a ppr!!!!!!!! He is actually more valuable in a ppr. IMHO a first round pick. His career low in receptions is 51! Pairing him with Rice is crazy! My only criticism is you passed on him at 18 :) Anyway great draft.

Thanks guys. I was concerned with Dez Bryant and Kenny Britt, but I think the Risk/Reward should pay off. NE Defense was a goofy last pick, but my other choice was was Terrell Owens and the draft was done before the Seahawks cut him. I was 3rd overall pick and I got some good close picks together like Newton and Forte. at 58 I should have taken Doug Martin the RB in Tampa Bay, but I had Vernon Davis higher in my queue. Right after I took Vernon Davis the guy drafting after me grabbed Doug Martin. Davis would have still been there at 63. That is the only reason I have Shonn Greene.

This is a work league and we all live in Chicagoland, and after years of undying loyalty we are all actually afraid to pick up Bears players. It's why he went so late. I was brave.

Worth trading Adrian Peterson and Jordy Nelson for Frank Gore and Greg Jennings? I'd appreciate any advice as I'm completely new to fantasy...

Also getting higher waiver priority in the deal.

Here's a "who to start" for you guys. I have three RB, start two.

M. Forte, C. Johnson, D. Mcfadden

Also, at WR:

H. Nicks, D. Bryant, M. Austin

Who would you pick from those?

[quote name='caedeskhan']Worth trading Adrian Peterson and Jordy Nelson for Frank Gore and Greg Jennings? I'd appreciate any advice as I'm completely new to fantasy...

Also getting higher waiver priority in the deal.[/QUOTE]

Nah you're trading away by far the best player in the trade (AP) to get Frank Gore who I believe will be at least splitting time with Kendall Hunter by mid season if not have lost the job entirely. Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings is a wash. AP could be his old self by mid season or so.

[quote name='Pyloric']Here's a "who to start" for you guys. I have three RB, start two.

Also, at WR:

Who would you pick from those?[/QUOTE]

well not knowing your scoring. I'll say McFadden, Forte at RB. And Bryant and Austin. I mean really you can't go wrong.

[quote name='Pyloric']Here's a "who to start" for you guys. I have three RB, start two.

Also, at WR:

Who would you pick from those?[/QUOTE]
I'd go Johnson, Forte, Bryant and Austin. Like Commander said, you can't go wrong, I just think I would go against the New England defense until they show improvement over last year.

Here's something I was offered today in my work league. A guy is looking to give me Greg Jennings and a low RB (maybe Michael Bush) for MJD and a low end WR. We're still in the talking stage, but with MJD's holdout going into the regular season it looks like. It's intriguing. Plus the league is PPR.

I need a Kicker and Defense. Which two would you drop?

Michael Vick
Joe Flacco
Ryan Fitzpatick

Andre Johnson
Jordy Nelson
Brandon Lloyd
Kendall Wright
Danny Amendola

Marshawn Lynch
Beanie Wells
Peyton Hillis
Doug Martin