2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

[quote name='slofton']Need a RB Flex.

Alred Morris @StL
or
Kevin Smith @SF[/QUOTE]

Alfred Morris. SF run D is top notch.

Alshon Jeffery or Brandon Lloyd? I'm leaning toward Jeffery mainly because of Patrick Peterson. Any guess to how much Peterson is going to cover Lloyd?

Cap'n_RDM;9964213 said:
I need to start 3 of the following 5:

Adrian Peterson
Stephan Ridley
BJGE
Doug Martin
C.J. Spiller

I'm thinking Adrian Peterson (based on his performance last week, a no-brainer), Stephan Ridley (assuming he will get plenty of runs once the Pats build up a lead on the Cards), and maybe Spiller (hard to ignore his performance from last week but don't expect him to repeat it to that extent).

I also am debating between T. Smith and S.Johnson for my 2nd WR slot.

Thoughts?

I'd go with AP, Ridley, Doug Martin

Cap'n_RDM;9964213 said:
I need to start 3 of the following 5:

Adrian Peterson
Stephan Ridley
BJGE
Doug Martin
C.J. Spiller

I'm thinking Adrian Peterson (based on his performance last week, a no-brainer), Stephan Ridley (assuming he will get plenty of runs once the Pats build up a lead on the Cards), and maybe Spiller (hard to ignore his performance from last week but don't expect him to repeat it to that extent).

I also am debating between T. Smith and S.Johnson for my 2nd WR slot.

Thoughts?

I'd start AP, Ridley, and maybe Green Ellis since he plays Cleveland.

For my league, have the following options at the Flex spot, standard scoring:

Alfred Morris against the Rams, Demaryius Thomas against the Falcons, Anquan Boldin against the Eagles, or James Jones against the Bears? I could also have one of the WR's start there as I have Greg Jennings expected to sit. Thoughts?

Percy Harvin
Antonio Brown
Randall Cobb

(2 of 3 need to play, I also have jamaal charles as my flex)

normal scoring

fawk, forgot I had brandon lloyd on the bench too.

Just completely restarting on that post.

Jamaal Charles, Antonio Brown, or Donald Brown in the flex, normal scoring.

Receivers I have right now playing are Percy Harvin and Brandon Lloyd, with Randall Cobb and Antonio Brown on the bench.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Just completely restarting on that post.

Jamaal Charles, Antonio Brown, or Donald Brown in the flex, normal scoring.

Receivers I have right now playing are Percy Harvin and Brandon Lloyd, with Randall Cobb and Antonio Brown on the bench.[/QUOTE]

Between the 3 I would sat brown... Unless you are playing Boatcrash express inthe yahoo league, in that case bench everyone

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']yeah I think he'll be good to go this week.

EDIT: whelp, it looks like Matthews is listed as day to day and might not be cleared for contact.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, he hasn't taken any contact, yet. He only just practiced with pads today, and they held him out of any kind of contact drills. He is clearly going to be a game time decision again, so if you're gonna hold out for him, at least have a secondary option, considering the SD game is at 4.

Thanks to James Jones and his negative yard -.10 points im in a deliema. Start two Cruz, Demarious Thomas, Colston and Lance Moore from New Orleansand Torrey.

Also I have MJD and LeSean McCoy starting. Doug Martin and Darren Sproles on the bench,right decision, right?

[quote name='gravel']I'm sure you're paying attention, but Foster will be a game time decision. Good thing you have Tate.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='winterice']Vick or Flacco?

D. Jackson and Maclin are questionable for this weekend. Can Flacco crack those Philly's CBs?[/QUOTE]
Man, that's a tough one. I also have Vick but I benched him for Romo.
If it were me I'd probably go Vick because he's more athletic and may get you some rushing yardage and maybe run one in.

2nd and 3rd WR..
Do I go with Boldin and Welker or do I mix it up with Ogletree/DeSean Jackson/Floyd

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit Forte. I have Stevan Ridley on my bench but all of a sudden

Bradshaw
CJ
Ridley

doesn't look quite as beastly. DAMMIT.

I normally don't need to ask but....

PICK 2:
BenJarvus Green-Ellis [vs. Cle]
Trent Richardson [@ Cin]
Alfred Morris [vs. StL]

I'm thinking BGE & T-Rich due to the possible carousel in Washington.

[quote name='HydroX']I normally don't need to ask but....

PICK 2:
BenJarvus Green-Ellis [vs. Cle]
Trent Richardson [@ Cin]
Alfred Morris [vs. StL]

I'm thinking BGE & T-Rich due to the possible carousel in Washington.[/QUOTE]

BJGE and Morris if you're willing to gamble, Richardson instead of Morris if you aren't. I don't think Richardson will have that good of a game, but he's the safer play.

Trying to decide on running back in league. Pick 2 (PPR)

Maurice Jones-Drew (Hou)
CJ Spiller (KC)
Alfred Morris (STL)
Trent Richardson (@CIN)

Order listed is the way I'm leaning presently. Hard to bench Spiller after last week's performance, and while Morris did well himself, ol' Shanny scares me.

[quote name='sying']Thanks to James Jones and his negative yard -.10 points im in a deliema. Start two Cruz, Demarious Thomas, Colston and Lance Moore from New Orleansand Torrey.

Also I have MJD and LeSean McCoy starting. Doug Martin and Darren Sproles on the bench,right decision, right?[/QUOTE]

Help! 2wr and 2rb from above.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Like I said, he hasn't taken any contact, yet. He only just practiced with pads today, and they held him out of any kind of contact drills. He is clearly going to be a game time decision again, so if you're gonna hold out for him, at least have a secondary option, considering the SD game is at 4.[/QUOTE]
you were on the money. it looks like he won't be playing at or if he does, he will only get a few touches. he is going to be keeping my bench warm again this week. hopefully he gets better by next week.

[quote name='JStryke']Trying to decide on running back in league. Pick 2 (PPR)

Maurice Jones-Drew (Hou)
CJ Spiller (KC)
Alfred Morris (STL)
Trent Richardson (@CIN)

Order listed is the way I'm leaning presently. Hard to bench Spiller after last week's performance, and while Morris did well himself, ol' Shanny scares me.[/QUOTE]

I think the way you have it is how I'd probably go. You know MJD is going to be the focal point of the Jax offense and Spiller is hard to ignore after he blew up even in a blowout.

Need to decide who to start tomorrow.

I am thinking I will go with Romo over Vick at QB coming off that horrible performance against the Browns and considering both his WRs are questionable. I have a flex so I can start 5 ( 2 WR, 2RB + FLEX):

Arian Foster, D.Sproles, BGE, B.Tate, J.Dwyer, Welker, Fitzgerald, Demaryius Thomas, B.LaFell, S.Holmes. At TE I will probably start Witten over Cook (hoping he is close to 100% and gets his normal playing time). I don't really like it but I will have to start the Detroit defense as they're my only option. Really thought they'd have a hay day against St. Louis last week.

Currently I've got Foster & BGE at RB, Welker & Fitz at WR, and Thomas at flex.

As a Bears fan the only positive for me to Thursday night's game was in FF. My opponent only scored 27 pts total from three of his studs (Rodgers, Forte, & Nelson).

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']you were on the money. it looks like he won't be playing at or if he does, he will only get a few touches. he is going to be keeping my bench warm again this week. hopefully he gets better by next week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ended up starting Bush on Thursday, which obviously didn't pay off real well, but my options were limited. If I rolled the dice on Mathews, and he wasn't active, I would've basically been shit out of luck. He's really been vocal about his desire to get back on the field, but the Chargers are clearly taking a wait-and-see approach, considering he's been injury-prone in his short career. I am still thinking you can expect massive things out of him when he finally plays. Just look at the numbers he put up last year, while missing time and losing out on tons of touches to Tolbert.

Now, Nate Washington looks like a GTD. I'm stuck with either waiting to see if plays, and if he doesn't sticking in Britt, who might not player either and will see limited snaps, anyway. Or, I can start McCluster in the early game. He had a lot of targets in Week 1, and Buffalo's secondary was shredded by the Jets.

Is it safe to say that Rashad Jennings value is now zero? I'm thinking it is time to drop him and pick up Jared Cook. I'm weak in the TE position with only B. Celek.

[quote name='gbpackers94']So Maclin, Blackmon, Lafell, Little, or Ogletree at WR2?[/QUOTE]

I'd probably go LaFell out of that bunch if Maclin is still gimpy.

[quote name='Chitown021']Need to decide who to start tomorrow.

I am thinking I will go with Romo over Vick at QB coming off that horrible performance against the Browns and considering both his WRs are questionable. I have a flex so I can start 5 ( 2 WR, 2RB + FLEX):

Arian Foster, D.Sproles, BGE, B.Tate, J.Dwyer, Welker, Fitzgerald, Demaryius Thomas, B.LaFell, S.Holmes. At TE I will probably start Witten over Cook (hoping he is close to 100% and gets his normal playing time). I don't really like it but I will have to start the Detroit defense as they're my only option. Really thought they'd have a hay day against St. Louis last week.

Currently I've got Foster & BGE at RB, Welker & Fitz at WR, and Thomas at flex.

As a Bears fan the only positive for me to Thursday night's game was in FF. My opponent only scored 27 pts total from three of his studs (Rodgers, Forte, & Nelson).[/QUOTE]

Looks fine. Maybe Sproles over Thomas in flex, but both could work out.

[quote name='gbpackers94']So Maclin, Blackmon, Lafell, Little, or Ogletree at WR2?[/QUOTE]

Maclin if you want to follow the 'start your studs' gameplan, otherwise I'd gamble on Lafell.

[quote name='winterice']Is it safe to say that Rashad Jennings value is now zero? I'm thinking it is time to drop him and pick up Jared Cook. I'm weak in the TE position with only B. Celek.[/QUOTE]

He still has value, but I'd definitely drop him for Cook, seeing that your only TE is Celek. The only reason I'd hold on to him is if your RBs are so bad that you might consider starting him in the next couple of weeks.

[quote name='caedeskhan']Spiller or D. Murray this week?[/QUOTE]

Based purely on defense, I'd take Spiller just because I think KC's run D is a little shakier than Seattle's. But Murray ran all over them last year, wouldn't be surprised to see him go off too. It's sort of a toss up, but I might go with Murray just purely on the matchups since Seattle has to respect all the Cowboy's weapons.

Which of these two would you go with? Frank Gore, Marshawn Lynch, Steven Jackson?

[quote name='rhymenoceros']Based purely on defense, I'd take Spiller just because I think KC's run D is a little shakier than Seattle's. But Murray ran all over them last year, wouldn't be surprised to see him go off too. It's sort of a toss up, but I might go with Murray just purely on the matchups since Seattle has to respect all the Cowboy's weapons.

Which of these two would you go with? Frank Gore, Marshawn Lynch, Steven Jackson?[/QUOTE]

I have Gore starting...which I hate cause I'm a Lions fan. I would go with Steven Jackson over Lynch.

[quote name='G33']
He still has value, but I'd definitely drop him for Cook, seeing that your only TE is Celek. The only reason I'd hold on to him is if your RBs are so bad that you might consider starting him in the next couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I'll ever start him. My main two RBs are M. Lynch and D. Martin. My other RBs are P. Hillis, R. Turbin and B. Wells. I wanted to start 3 RBs and 2 WRs before the season started but I'm starting to see my 3rd RB won't cut it. Already switched to 3 WRs this week (side note: Thur. game just killed me) as I think Brandon Lloyd/Alshon Jeffery will give me more potential. Should I consider dropping one of my other RB for Cook?

[quote name='Miami_13']Start 1...

Kenny Britt
Greg Olsen
Fred Davis[/QUOTE]

Greg Olsen, he got most looks last week

[quote name='Miami_13']Start 1...

Kenny Britt
Greg Olsen
Fred Davis[/QUOTE]

I might actually take Britt. He's a knucklehead, but I think the Colts are gonna air it out and he's gonna be on the receiving end of a lot of throws.

I've been pondering this quite a bit over the week so I figured I'd drop by here and see what others have to say.

Should I start Michael Vick or Alex Smith?

[quote name='rhymenoceros']I might actually take Britt. He's a knucklehead, but I think the Colts are gonna air it out and he's gonna be on the receiving end of a lot of throws.[/QUOTE]

Luck's gonna have to throw it really far from Indianapolis to reach Britt in San Diego, where the Titans are playing.

[quote name='winterice']I don't think I'll ever start him. My main two RBs are M. Lynch and D. Martin. My other RBs are P. Hillis, R. Turbin and B. Wells. I wanted to start 3 RBs and 2 WRs before the season started but I'm starting to see my 3rd RB won't cut it. Already switched to 3 WRs this week (side note: Thur. game just killed me) as I think Brandon Lloyd/Alshon Jeffery will give me more potential. Should I consider dropping one of my other RB for Cook?[/QUOTE]

Jennings is the best drop. Turbin serves as a handcuff, Hillis could be useful, and Wells is the starter, at least for now. Jennings has trade value to the MJD owner but no value otherwise unless MJD gets hurt. Cook could be a top 10 TE who will get scooped up as soon as he has a big game, if not sooner.

Actually, scratch that on trade value. He's hurt right now, so it's safe to drop Jennings.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spike4536']I've been pondering this quite a bit over the week so I figured I'd drop by here and see what others have to say.

Should I start Michael Vick or Alex Smith?[/QUOTE]

Yikes, tough one.... I think if you want to play it safe go with Alex Smith but Vick has the higher risk/reward.

[quote name='G33']Jennings is the best drop. Turbin serves as a handcuff, Hillis could be useful, and Wells is the starter, at least for now. Jennings has trade value to the MJD owner but no value otherwise unless MJD gets hurt. Cook could be a top 10 TE who will get scooped up as soon as he has a big game, if not sooner.[/QUOTE]

I have Witten but I scooped up Cook as my backup. I'm actually tempted to start Cook but I've got to give Witten a few games. If he starts losing his targets to other players in that offense I will fall back to Cook.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Luck's gonna have to throw it really far from Indianapolis to reach Britt in San Diego, where the Titans are playing.[/QUOTE]

Got Luck and Locker mixed up in my head...then the teams. I'm sleepy. Shut up. :dunce:

Pretty sure I'm already set in stone on this, just looking for a second opinion.

Stafford (@SF)
Griffin (@STL)

Griffin easily has the better matchup, but how Rodgers performed against San Fran in week 1 has me thinking twice for Stafford.

I have Roddy White as a starting WR but he's listed questionable for Monday night's game. Should I bump up Anquan Boldin or Darrius Heyward-Bey to start instead?

[quote name='ananag112']Who should I start?

DeSean Jackson (@BAL)
or Eric Decker (@ATL)

Jackson is injured, but expected to play according to recent reports.[/QUOTE]

Decker. Especially with Grimes out and this game could be a shoot out.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I have Roddy White as a starting WR but he's listed questionable for Monday night's game. Should I bump up Anquan Boldin or Darrius Heyward-Bey to start instead?[/QUOTE]

No, White is fine and see above.

[quote name='DestroVega']Decker. Especially with Grimes out and this game could be a shoot out.

No, White is fine and see above.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just saw the newest report on White so I'm definitely starting him.

[quote name='merchie89']hey i offered a guy Cruz and Reggie bush for Julio Jones? He lost forte and hernandez this week.

what you think?[/QUOTE]

I think you're giving Cruz away too early after a rough week 1, and he and Bush both had monster games today.

bread's done
Back