2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

[quote name='G33']Which Jones? Julio? James? Donald? Some other Jones?

Brown and Moore for certain, and then James Jones if you can or need to take a risk, Fitz otherwise. James Jones has a better chance of catching a TD or two, but if he doesn't get any, he won't do much to help you win. Fitz is a safer bet for yards and could catch a TD.

While I'm starting Donald Brown in one league, I wouldn't recommend it. At best, he should be eased back in and split carries with Ballard, and at worst, he could sit if the Colts don't need him. I'm starting him because I only have space on my team for 3 RBs and BJGE is on bye. He should have a good game if he plays, but if you have better, safer options, I'd probably go with them (my other options were William Powell and Jonathan Dwyer, but since I'm only carrying 3 RBs, I had to secure the one that has the best chance to produce for the rest of the season). He's worth a pickup though if you have the room for him. I think he'll be consistently decent, but not spectacular.

Vick and Dwyer as long as Dwyer has the backfield to himself, Green otherwise. I wouldn't start any non-stud RB against SF, and I like Vick's consistency over Romo's inconsistency. Romo did have a good week 1 against the Giants though, and this time he's at home, so he could repeat his performance.[/QUOTE]

I should have been clearer James Jones.

Yeah the Giants were the one team that Romo had success against but that was way back in week #1. I think the Giants have improved while the Cowboys have regressed since. Romo has had plenty of favorable match-ups (Tampa Bay, Carolina, etc...) since to blow up and he's done nothing. Vick has managed to somewhat offset his turnovers with the extra points he gets from his rushing yards.

Man I need to get a win this week but I'm playing without my strongest players and I'm playing the second best team in the league.

[quote name='DestroVega']You can't be serious.

What a game for Martin. Finally justifying my early jumping on him in numerous drafts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, didn't realize he was against SF. In that case, start Green.

One of my leagues gives points per rushing attempt. Martin on my team was worth 64 points. I saw that this morning and was like What the fuck ?

[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah, didn't realize he was against SF. In that case, start Green.[/QUOTE]

I just don't think LSH is any good anyway. SF hasn't been as good against the run this year but I still wouldn't look at LSH.

I was just offered a trade:

I get:
James Jones + Jimmy Graham

He gets:

Jason Witten + Demaryious Thomas + LAW FIRM

Here's my current roster:

QB: Vick, Romo, Freeman
RB: A.Foster, A. Green, B.Tate, BJGE, Sproles, Dwyer
WR: Welker, Fitz, Thomas, Hartine
TE: Witten
K: Bryant
D: SEA, AZ

[quote name='Miami_13']Traded Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Johnson for LeSean McCoy. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Very good. Although, I wouldn't be surprise if it got veto.

[quote name='Chitown021']I was just offered a trade:

I get:
James Jones + Jimmy Graham

He gets:

Jason Witten + Demaryious Thomas + LAW FIRM

Here's my current roster:

QB: Vick, Romo, Freeman
RB: A.Foster, A. Green, B.Tate, BJGE, Sproles, Dwyer
WR: Welker, Fitz, Thomas, Hartine
TE: Witten
K: Bryant
D: SEA, AZ[/QUOTE]

J j is inconsistent and grahmn is injured, I would stick with what you have.

[quote name='sying']J j is inconsistent and grahmn is injured, I would stick with what you have.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I liked the idea of getting Graham but that's banking on him getting healthy and blowing up down the stretch. I don't mind giving up the Law Firm because he's done almost nothing. Witten hasn't done a ton but he's been decent in recent weeks. My biggest loss in would be Thomas. He's been my most consistent receiver since the beginning of the season.

I was thinking Jones might not be a bad pickup down the stretch with Nelson banged up and Jennings being sidelined for the next several weeks.

Quick question, I just grabbed Jennings he's playing against Green Bay this week, should I start him over Greene who's playing Mia? I'll be starting Forte for sure.

Still bouncing back and forth between Dwyer and Green at my #2 RB spot. I think Dwyer is the better player but Green has a better matchup and might get more touches if/when GB routes the Jags.

[quote name='Superstar']Pick two:

Chris Johnson (vs ind)
Jamaal Charles (vs Oak)
Reggie Bush (vs NYJ)[/QUOTE]

I think I would start Johnson and Charles based on matchups. The Chiefs are not good but neither are the Raiders. I would think KC would be able to put up some stats this week.

[quote name='Chitown021']I think I would start Johnson and Charles based on matchups. The Chiefs are not good but neither are the Raiders. I would think KC would be able to put up some stats this week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. That's how I have it right now - I just wanted another opinion.

I'd go with an alternative if you have one. Limited in practice + game time decision = even if he does play, he probably will not make an impact and could re-injure himself.

PPR

James Jones (JAC)
Dez Bryant (NYG)

If I could, I'd have Bryant benched until a few minutes before his game and switch at the last minute, but all my guys play at 1pm today. With Nelson potentially out as well, I'm leaning on keeping Jones in.

[quote name='JStryke']PPR

James Jones (JAC)
Dez Bryant (NYG)

If I could, I'd have Bryant benched until a few minutes before his game and switch at the last minute, but all my guys play at 1pm today. With Nelson potentially out as well, I'm leaning on keeping Jones in.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Especially with Nelson's injury I think I would go Jones over Bryant. Especially with Romo's struggles. Even in good matchups he's not getting the ball to his WR's for them to score points.

After last week I figured I'd bench Richardson just in case his injury got the better of him. Kicking myself for that one right now.

[quote name='JStryke']After last week I figured I'd bench Richardson just in case his injury got the better of him. Kicking myself for that one right now.[/QUOTE]
you and me both. i should have known better than to start Matthews over him.

Thank you to the person who told me to start Moore. I need a huge comeback as my opponent will either have the most or second most points this week (He only has San Fran defense left). Floyd did nothing because the Chargers are the Chargers. Dawson (kicker for Browns) did nothing because I am a fool and should grab a kicker with a decent offense.

[quote name='4thHorseman']I think Im at the point where I will stop benching Matt Ryan for Rodgers or Brady. He has just been too beastly, especially today...[/QUOTE]

I've been starting him all year :D though I would have ended up with more points if I had gone ahead with Matthew Stafford.

At least I started Dez in one league. Not that it matters, sure I'm down 11, but I have Akers and Brees yet to play. Barring injury, I'm moving up to 7-1 in my yahoo league.

Of course, I start Vick and he does the worst of all three of my QB's. Even Romo outscored him in the end. His yards/TD's offset the turnovers enough.

Sounds like Reid may bench Vick so it might make choosing a QB next week a little easier.
Shame I'm not in a PPR league. Witten had a big day yardage wise but man he had an assload of catches! He also missed a TD by a 1/2 yard and our leagues yardage bonus by seven!

[quote name='merchie89']My Cruz and Reggie bush for Demaryius thomas and Mcfadden?

Bush has got to go, cruz is good but this is an even trade.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that deal. You're taking a hit at WR for a slight gain at RB.

I guess maybe it depends on the rest of your roster and how bad you want to ditch Bush.

[quote name='Chitown021']I don't know about that deal. You're taking a hit at WR for a slight gain at RB.

I guess maybe it depends on the rest of your roster and how bad you want to ditch Bush.[/QUOTE]

Peterson Mathews at other RB. Nicks is my other starter.

I know Cruz is very legit but Bush has the 49ers in week 1 of our playoffs and he sucks now.

This guy has C2JK, mcfadden, sproles at RB. Thomas, Wayne, and Harvin at WR.

Before
Peterson Mathews Bush Cruz Nicks
Mcfadden chris johnson Thomas Wayne Sproles....harvin on bench!?!?

Lineups after trade:
Peterson, Mathews, Mcfadden, Nicks, Thomas
Chris johnson, sproles, Cruz, wayne, harvin

I looked at it this way. Sproles and mcfadden are semi even, and so he is basically swapping Thomas for Cruz production wise.

Freeman + Brady = WIN. I'm up by 2 but I still have Akers and the ARI defense going tomorrow. My opponent has the 2nd highest points in the league this week. ;)

Just had my most productive week. D. Martin, M. Lynch and J. Jones came up big for me. D. Moore and the Raiders D pitch in too. My QB and TE are killing me though. If M. Vick gets bench all I have left is J. Flacco. I still can't get over that a turnover prone Vick is still better than J. Flacco.

if Frank Gore can get 12 or more points tonight, I'll have another week where I sweep my leagues. Cant believe Seattle D gave me 0 points and Roddy White gave me 3....

Two huge wins for me this week. Very happy I started Stafford over RGIII in my main league. He got the most points from any player in the NFL in our scoring format. I defeated the 6-1 leader and I'm now 5-3 in both leagues.

Thinking of offering this trade:

Giving - Jay Cutler QB, Martellus Bennett TE
Receiving - Philip Rivers QB, Greg Olsen TE

I hate having Culter as a starter, and he's got some bad matchups coming up. I know Philip Rivers is the AFC version of Jay Cutler, but I think I'd be buying low on him. The trade would upgrade him at TE for a swap of his backup QB.

Do you think I would be able to get this done without swapping TE's? I have Jimmy Graham, but would prefer to keep Bennett if possible to back him up.

One of the guys in my league is trying to unload MJD. Should I even bother with trying to get him? I already have Greg Jennings riding my bench cause I picked him up cheap in a trade, he was already out but it was before his surgery so I thought he would be back pretty soon and screwed myself.

I sat RB Trent this week and still won but ended up winning by one point. I would have been pissed to lose with all those points on my bench with Trent.

Help...

Flacco or Rivers? (I would have to pick up Flacco)

A. Brown or T. Smith? (leaning towards Smith)

Pitt D, TB D, or SD D? (I would have to pick up SD D)

Rest of my line-up is as follows:

D. Martin
R. Jennings
B. Marshall
R. Cobb
R. Bironas

[quote name='Stevesbored']Thinking of offering this trade:

Giving - Jay Cutler QB, Martellus Bennett TE
Receiving - Philip Rivers QB, Greg Olsen TE

I hate having Culter as a starter, and he's got some bad matchups coming up. I know Philip Rivers is the AFC version of Jay Cutler, but I think I'd be buying low on him. The trade would upgrade him at TE for a swap of his backup QB.

Do you think I would be able to get this done without swapping TE's? I have Jimmy Graham, but would prefer to keep Bennett if possible to back him up.[/QUOTE]

You could probably just offer Cutler for Rivers straight up and see if that goes. Both are pretty disappointing this season, and generally both were drafted as a low-end starter or a high-end backup.

Cap'n_RDM;10103325 said:
Help...

Flacco or Rivers? (I would have to pick up Flacco)

A. Brown or T. Smith? (leaning towards Smith)

Pitt D, TB D, or SD D? (I would have to pick up SD D)

Rest of my line-up is as follows:

D. Martin
R. Jennings
B. Marshall
R. Cobb
R. Bironas

I don't know matchups, so Flacco, Smith, and SD.

bread's done
Back