2013 Yard Sale Thread

Went to some garage sales this past saturday with no luck at a bunch of sales. Finally came across this though.. CIB Gamecube, metal gear solid, and zelda guide for a total of $30

I probablly would've passed on the gamecube, but I opened it up and found this:
2iu9gy0.jpg

WOOOOOOOO
I dont know how to spoiler, but Wow nice find!! (I'm on page 6 now people and thanks for making me feel welcome!)

I dont know how to spoiler, but Wow nice find!! (I'm on page 6 now people and thanks for making me feel welcome!)

you put spoiler and /spoiler in side of [ , ] before and after (respectively) on the things you wish to enclose in the spoiler.

Note this works with most other things as well, b for bold i for italics u for underline

the end one is just /x x being whatever the you used.

edit:

example [ b ] and [ / b ] without the spaces

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a ton of stuff at a garage sale

Supaboy (complete)-$30

2 Conqueror PC/PS3 air keybords(complete)-$37 for both

2 FUS1ON PS3 tournament controllers(complete)-$26 for both

2 Pro Circuit xbox 360 tournament controllers(complete)-$50 for both

WWE All Stars Brawlstick xbox 360-$4

Tony Hawk Shred with board PS3-$4

xbox 360 wireless flight stick Cyborgear F.L.Y. 9-$23

Rockband 3 Pro Guitar Wii(complete)-$2

Wii balance board-$4

Wow, I am flying on cloud nine right now. I went to pick up a sub for lunch and stumbled on a yard sale on my way back. It was mostly women's and children's clothes, but I did stumble on a Huggies Baby Wipe box full of DS games that she said her kids don't play anymore now that she got them a Playstation 3. I ended up spending a half hour looking through them all as there is easily over 100 games in the box, probably more like 120-150.

The highlights I found so far are: Pokemon Heartgold, Soulsilver, Platinum, Pearl, White, Black, all three Pokemon Rangers, all three Pokemon Dungeon Explorer, Animal Crossing Wild World, Digimon World Dusk and Dawn, Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks & Phantom Hourglass. She wanted $5 a game but I told her I would give her $300 for the whole box and that way she'd get rid of everything in one shot. We ended up settling on $375 which I am more than happy with as just those 18 I pulled out are worth almost that much. I am going through them all now and I will probably head over to Gamestop tonight with all the cheap games while the 50% bonus trade in is still going on.

But wouldn't it be cheaper, or the same price, to just get a Wii with a component cable and play the GC games on the wii? Are people really paying $160 just to be able play Gameboy and GBA games in HD?! I would think the video quality on those wouldn't improve that much anyway since the picture is already being stretched out so much.
Game Boy Player isn't compatible with the Wii so if you want to play GBA games in the best way possible.

I got some decent deals at the yearly neighborhood garage sale.

I got a PS2 with all the cords, controller and memory card for $2.  It seems to boot up normal PS2 games somewhat normally but it doesn't read the CD ones.

Other than that I got a FFX complete for $3.

And a really nice American made Crowbar for $1.  I missed out on an Oak table because some woman ran up and snapped it up when I went looking for the guy handing the sale.

Really nice deals but I miss being in an area where you can find more video game stuff.

There's a lady that sets up in front of her house about once a week near me. She usually has some different stuff evey week cause I think she cleans out houses or storage lockers or something. I bought a few decent games from her in the recent past, and finally she brought out her big box of nintendo stuff. Mostly all snes stuff except a few nes accessories. There's about 40 games or so. Unfortunately, there's a lot of sports games. But I did end up grabbing these for $3 a piece:

- Mega Man X, Battletoads/Double Dragon & Tetris Attack

I think I'm gonna go back tomorrow. I was with my brother and a friend and they were going through them too so might've missed something. I know there's a Super Ghouls n Ghosts I'll at least grab probably.

ok so html still works, no button anymore though? Oh and i am just going to start liking people's posts since i am so far behind instead of quoting. :)

Edit: I got rained out today, yesterday I bought some decent comics for $10, a metal muppets lunchbox for $1, and a n64 rumble pack for .25 which has corroded batteries in it. bleh. .

on pg 20

ok so html still works, no button anymore though? Oh and i am just going to start liking people's posts since i am so far behind instead of quoting. :)

Edit: I got rained out today, yesterday I bought some decent comics for $10, a metal muppets lunchbox for $1, and a n64 rumble pack for .25 which has corroded batteries in it. bleh. .

on pg 20
hit the light switch in the upper left cornor of the box, flips between showing code and finished product

and that's the way I always did spoilers :ziplip:

on pg 20
A little rain never hurts, ha ha. I got soaked this morning but got solid stuff.

Gba sp with charger, 5 random games. $10.00 Keeping Airforce Delta Storm

Crash Bash complete $00.50

Disc only Marvel Super Heroes, Spider Man 2, Monkey Hero, Area 51, Spyro and Spyro 2. For PS1 all $1.00 each.

Justice League Task Force Genesis $1.00

De Blob Wii, Blast Works Wii, and Worms Blast GC for $8.00.

Punch Out, Mario Galaxy, Endless Ocean, Twilight Princess, Mario Kart Wii all Wii all $5.00 each.

mcf6gg.jpg

Bought both of these 3DS systems for $120 total. The blue one has 15 NES/SNES games already on it. There was Nintendogs 3DS and another game I can't remember right now.

For some reason there's only 15 of the ambassador games instead of 20. Anyone know why? I'm wondering if I can still download the rest.
If it is logged in, the remaining games should be in the purchase history of the eShop to redownload.

Ah yep. FOund them!

Edit: Goddammit. Just put the blue one up for $159.99 on eBay and it sold in 2 minutes o_0 I'm wondering if I asked too little. It doesn't have a charger, box, or manual. Compared to the other ambassador ones for sale, I thought it was a fair price.

So I did fairly well today, I got 5 Wavebirds with receivers, a regular Platinum color Gamecube controller, a slim PS2 complete in the box, a 30GB iPod 5th generation Classic, an 80GB iPod 6th generation classic, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 and Okami all CIB all for $40. At another yard sale got a pair of Bose 201 series III bookshelf speakers and Toy Story Mania for $15.

Pretty good day.

2zs8bwk.jpg

2dlonqe.jpg

Paid $25 for the following:

• SNES lot (console + 2 controllers + power + RF adapter.) Games: Street Fighter II, F-Zero, Scooby Doo Mystery, Super Bases Loaded, ClayFighter, Tecmo Super Bowl III
  • PS1 Digimon World (wow this has gotten expensive!!!)
  • :gc: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (likewise. another hole in my Gamecube collection has been filled!)
  • :dvd: Howl's Moving Castle, Pom Poko, and Futurama vol. 4 (Yay for Ghibli films. Will probably sell Howl's so I can trade up to the :br: version. As for Pom Poko..who knows if that will ever even get a :br: release. They also had Futurama vol 1 & 2 but all the discs were missing...same for Castle in the Sky and Spirited away, which I thankfully already have)

Indiana Jones: Greatest Adventures (CIB with everything, even a poster) was $2 at another sale. Not the best game in the world but the condition is great, and I was told they might have more stuff tomorrow so I'll probably check back. Also left my phone number, so fingers crossed.

:pc: Grim Fandango (cardboard sleeve packaging) with both discs was $1 at Salvation Army. Another pretty rare game, and one I'm glad to add to my collection. Wonder if I can get it running in Win7.

Also found the "Super Mario Bros. History" soundtrack and book from the Wii Super Mario All-Stars thing at Salvation Army for $2...the game was nowhere in sight. :(

a3ml9k.jpg

Picked up this Xbox 360 power supply for $2 (it's a Falcon model) after hearing in the GS trade thread that someone got $44 TIV for one...gonna try that myself. Also a DS Fat power adapter for $1.

Ok someone fill me in on these xbox a/c variants...I've been buying these power supplies when I see them cheap at sales and I have 2 or 3. How do you tell them apart, and which ones are the best?

Basically for the phat 360's, there are three types, depending on the motherboard inside the console. If you only have the console handy you can refer to this image:

1236393270_2_xbox360identifypowerconnector.jpg

If you only have the brick, you can tell by the wattage and amperage. (this is actually also listed on the console too, right above the AC slot.)

Xenon & Zephyr are 203W / 16.5A.  (Zephyr is just a Xenon with HDMI)

Falcon & Opus are 175W / 14.2A (Opus is just a Falcon without HDMI)

and Jasper is 150W / 12.1A.

In terms of console version, the Jasper is the latest, the most energy efficient, and the least prone to failure. (Personally I have a Falcon with a fan mod and it works fine...I can run that thing for 8 hours and nothing but cold air comes out of it)

However when it comes to the power brick, the original 203w is the best as it is forward compatible with the newer models. I don't think the newer ones will work with an older model, for obvious reasons.

Missed out on one of the best NES lots I've seen here or else where, by a minute. Walked up and someone was asking the seller to put something aside while he went to get money. The item... a tub full and a grocery bag full or NES games, at a glance saw 3 Mega Mans (2 Mega Man 2s & 1 Mega Man 3). After that I didn't want to keep looking. All in all the guy got between 80-100 games.. for $40!! He was scanning boxed Intellivision games after the guy put the stuff in the garage.

Coincidentally, I went to a yard sale directly across the street and got an NES console w/ about 30 games for $20. Great lot with Contra & Little Ninja Brothers. Other than that, meh day.

Today was rough, first of all I committed a sin against Daddy schultzed and passed on a $2 Planet Earth Complete Series. As soon as I price checked it and came back in an hour it was gone. The other finds were...well take a look:

Playboy the Mansion PS2 - $3 (this game is just awful, I feel sorry to whoever I flip it to)

Super Mario 64 DS and Lunar Dragon Song - $5

There was one lulzy moment though, I ran into a guy who had a Wii with 12 games priced at a mere $350. Sure, there was a couple of accessories in box as well, but for some reason I had my doubts about his claim that a plain jane rock band guitar would fetch $100 on the 'bay. Best part was when I started leaving a soccer mom came up and said, "Boy, are you overpriced!"

Basically for the phat 360's, there are three types, depending on the motherboard inside the console. If you only have the console handy you can refer to this image:

If you only have the brick, you can tell by the wattage and amperage. (this is actually also listed on the console too, right above the AC slot.)

Xenon & Zephyr are 203W / 16.5A. (Zephyr is just a Xenon with HDMI)
Falcon & Opus are 175W / 14.2A (Opus is just a Falcon without HDMI)
and Jasper is 150W / 12.1A.

In terms of console version, the Jasper is the latest, the most energy efficient, and the least prone to failure. (Personally I have a Falcon with a fan mod and it works fine...I can run that thing for 8 hours and nothing but cold air comes out of it)

However when it comes to the power brick, the original 203w is the best as it is forward compatible with the newer models. I don't think the newer ones will work with an older model, for obvious reasons.
Thanks for explaining. The one I have handy by W/A is a Falcon or opus, but the end doesnt match the pics...and I cant get spoiler to work, so I deleted the pic :p

Well, its time for my weekend recap! Here's what I got:

9377885187_df2536b179_z.jpg

Not a big deal but a good deal for $1. Picked up Treasure Buddies DVD/Blu combo for Avin.

9380673922_0945a1b7f9_z.jpg

I've been looking for some of these for a while. I don't have a ratchet for it but I do have the adapters to make them work and 3 extensions for $1? Yes please!.

9377896421_619dd92460_z.jpg

Once again, Avin had a great score! At the sale, they were advertising that all the cars were 10 for $2. So we grabbed a few and then picked up the larger sars as well. Then Avin spotted the Thomas track with Firefighter Flynn that goes with the rest of his Thomas Take n' Play collection. After all was said and done, we ended up with only $4.75 in it!

9380688570_f7a906a52b_z.jpg

This was my big find of the day. Started looking around at this sale and found that there was a gamecube sitting on the end of a table with 7 games and I asked how much. They told me $10 and I said I'd take it but wanted to look around some more. So while doing so I found a couple other cool things and a couple coloring books for Avin. Here's the breakdown:

Platinum Gamecube system
Gamecube Power brick
Gamecube Memory Card
Super Mario Sunshine
Sonic Mega Collection
Finding Nemo
Madagascar
Sims
F-Zero GX
Mary-Kate and Ashley Sweet 16: Licensed to Drive
Guitar Hero 5 Wii Guitar
Xbox Backpack
X-Men coloring books (x2)

So I bring it all up and and they offer it all for... $12!!! So naturally I said yes and we all were happier.

9380693620_7e66b72af7_z.jpg

Not a big story. This was the Complete Zombies vs Robots graphic novels in one book. I offered $1 and left.

I got a late start today, so didn't get too much gaming stuff. There was a kid selling a DS Lite for $40, plus a bunch of cart only games for $10 each. I would have haggled, but it was for charity so I felt bad doing it.

One sale I stopped at looked like someone just trying to get rid of stuff without paying too much attention...in one box I found about 200 Pokemon cards and a disk carrying case with Mechassault for Xbox still in it. Got the box for $5 and when I got home I found a PS1 controller in it, a Mad Catz gun controller, and a bunch of random gardening supplies. The Mad Catz controller has the cord taped together, so I'll have to test it and see if it works.

Got an 8 MB memory card for PS2 and a DS carry case for $3 at another sale. Then at one of the last sales I went to I got Disney Sing It for 360 (sealed), Robots (sealed), Transformers, I Robot, and eight books for my kid sister (six in a box set + 2 loose) all for $4. I'm pretty pleased with that one. :D

I did great today, found a yard sale at like noon, asked if they had any old games. Come back with a shoebox with 2 DS Lite, DSI, and 2 PSP 3000. There was mario kart, mario 64, new super mario bros, pokemon heartgold, and a mario advance game.

First I bought the DS lite that turned on and the games all for $20.. good already. I realized he was letting things go for cheap so I asked about the other 4 consoles.

He said just make me a fair offer, I wont haggle with you Ill just sell them to you.. offered $40 and was happily on my way. Got chargers for all but 1 psp.

Ill sell the ds consoles, keep a psp and see about hacking it. May sell the other psp to my brother for cheap / cost as well he wants to hack it too. One psp had a 2gb memory card, the other had nothing.

It's been a while since I posted, but I felt inspired to post some recent finds. 

Thirteen NES Games $10 (Top Gun 2 not shown, sold) - $10 - I would usually pass on a lot like this, but I didn't have a copy of the Jackie Chan game and thought I could flip/trade the rest. Price was right, so no complaints, 

Intellivision w/3 games - $5 - first stop at a community wide yard sale. Asked the woman if they had any video games floating around, and she pulled the Intellivision out of a dusty old box, not thinking I would want it. Didn't even bother to dicker when she offered it to me for $5. Worked fine with a quick clean, and is now in the hands of a fellow collector. 

Eight NES Games (31-in-one w/Famicom Adapter and Legendary Wings not shown, sold) - $20 - Was visiting family out of town and stumbled across a yard sale. Made the mistake of asking about games in front of another reseller, and ended up losing a couple of games to him. No worries either way - the 1500 in 1 cart is a relatively expensive bootleg (it's also terrible - I'll provide details if anyone is interested), and I ended up turning a profit on the lot (people love their multicarts around here) before I returned home. Score.

Ten N64 Games - $23 - Asked about games at a large yard sale, and this is what I ended up with. Nothing crazy, but some decent sale/trade bait, plus four games that are new to my collection. 

Ten NES Games - $25 - Pulled into a yard sale full of women's items and almost left without asking. Glad I did - the woman running the sale ran into the house and pulled these out. Strictly trade/sale bait, but it should fetch me a few dollars profit. 

Boxed Mario's Cement Factory - FREE - Doesn't really fit in this thread, but I don't know where else to put it. Helped out a buddy with a small move, and he dug this out of his attic and gave it to me as a gift. Works like a charm, and now sits proudly in my office.

I've grabbed several other items over the course of the year, but these are the only items I bothered to photograph. I'll try to be more diligent in the future, I promise!

I'm hoping to land a few more items from that attic too - they're cleaning out the house, and apparently there's games and systems dating back to the early '80s. Sounds like it might be a pretty big haul if I can get my hands on it.

Resident Evil 2 (ps1) complete, very good  $3

Little Big Planet (1) :ps3: complete, like new $4

(guide) Kingdom Hearts  10 cents

(guide) Kingdom Hearts 2   10 cents

My mom found a copy of Brigandine for PS1 only missing the map for 50 cents.

Looked it up and found what people are asking for it on Amazon and Ebay.

My eyes almost exploded.

Can't post pics though I don't really have the equipment to do so.

Its sounds like almost all the games people are finding are from asking the seller if they have any games (didnt someone a few pages back say you should never ask? lol) My question is what are these people thinking?! If I manage to find Mario/Duck Hunt at a sale they want $10 because "those nintendo tapes sell for alot of money on ebay!"....yet everywhere else people seem to think they are so worthless they dont even warrant putting out at a yard sale?! I always ask but by the end of the day I stop because I get tired of hearing "oh yeah someone bought all those as soon as we started this morning" or "wow you are the 7th person to ask that! Those things must be really valuable" I cant believe how many people have old games and seriously think no one would want them

My mom found a copy of Brigandine for PS1 only missing the map for 50 cents.

Looked it up and found what people are asking for it on Amazon and Ebay.

My eyes almost exploded.

Can't post pics though I don't really have the equipment to do so.
this is my 'white whale'. I would love to find one in the wild.

29dep36.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of The Crimson Elixir (No Manual) - 1
All of The Games In Jewel Cases - 4
18 Cart Games - 140

The PS2 game was 2 and took 1. The PS1 Games were a buck each and the 3 Dreamcast games & Dune on The PC were 2 each but when I was gonna pass on them since the Dreamcast games were scratched and could be shot the lady offered to let me have them for .50 each. Jet Grind Radio is actually a sports game. The cart only games were from a sale that advertised having old games and sounded like it was going to be expensive. I remember the guy mentioning Yoshi's Island being worth 25, he also mentioned Pokemon being the same price and TMNT being "expensive" I ended up offering $100 for most of these not knowing what he wanted for each and every one and he ended up countering with 125 then I added in DKL3, SML2, StarFox & Romance of The Three Kingdoms II for 15 more.

Got out at 7:30 and was out for almost 4 hours and got to 18 sales. Nothing mentioned that I missed at the yard sales and most expensive being the cart games I ironically enough bought, for the lack of thinking of a better term you could say I broke kayfabe. This was actually the same sale I got about 55 games from back in 2011 on 8-5-11 for 30 so yeah TMNT will be reunited with it's case at long last lol. Guy wanted 250 for everything and your seeing the best for the most part, looking back at my old pictures I remember seeing a cart and manual for Super Street Fighter II on the Genesis at the sale so shit must be a mess up in that attic for that to get separated with the empty case I got a few years back. I also saw I got a manual for Mortal Kombat II on the GB back in 2011 which I do remember seeing it's game for sale this year.

2ex8qxy.jpg

Skyrim (360, Manual But No Map) - 5
N64 Stuff (No Styrofoam In The System Box But The Games Are All Complete) - Close To 10

When I asked about games at the first sale of the day I was brought in to look at some games, probably about 50 games between Xbox & Xbox 360. I was only interested in Skyrim and 5 was the asking price. Asked about games at one sale and they had an N64 for sale that they forgot to bring out (this was about an hour after the sale started). I was interested in a few other things and nothing was priced, I offered 10 for everything which was taken. I figured about 7 for the N64 stuff if I had to break it down.

2z81e6f.jpg

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Card Only) - .50
SNES system With Dr Mario/Tetris But No AC Adapter - 10

This stuff was only pictured separately as I ran out for a CL deal around 11 and ended up going to a yard sale nearby and tripped over a few others of which I found something at 2 of them. The Final Fantasy game was asking price and the SNES was brought out when I asked about games. Wanted 15 but took 10.

Was out for about 2 hours total between early and later on and got to 14 sales total. One sale advertised video games (sounded like PS2 Xbox) and was cleaned out by the time I got to said sale around 8:30 and another sale (about 8:15) I was told that they already sold what sounded like 2 systems with games each. I was having Deja Vu at the sale I got the SNES at but asked about video games anyways and Jr brought out the SNES stuff, sure enough it was the house I was thinking of but a year or two ago Jr was not interested in selling said SNES.

Made the mistake of asking about games in front of another reseller, and ended up losing a couple of games to him.
What games? What did this guy do butt in and offer more or something of the likes and the seller went with selling a few games he cherry picked out of your hands to him?

What games? What did this guy do butt in and offer more or something of the likes and the seller went with selling a few games he cherry picked out of your hands to him?
The home owner brought out two bags - I grabbed the bag with the games, and the other dude grabbed the bag with the consoles and found two multicarts with famicom adapters jammed inside. My mistake - I should have been a little more subtle with the ask, especially since the other guy was buying electronics. Whoops.

The home owner brought out two bags - I grabbed the bag with the games, and the other dude grabbed the bag with the consoles and found two multicarts with famicom adapters jammed inside. My mistake - I should have been a little more subtle with the ask, especially since the other guy was buying electronics. Whoops.
Did he know that this was stuff brought out for you? If so and he grabbed it that is fucked up. I once had a lady try and make an offer on something brought out for me but she didn't understand that it was something brought out for me. I guess you always need to be holding any and everything your interested in at the yard sales under any circumstances lol

That is kind of messed up on the seller's part also to sell something brought out for you to this other guy unless he knew you weren't interested or the two of you couldn't agree on a deal first.

There was no agreement in place that any games were mine, so I didn't sweat it too much. I'll just be more careful next time - dude had reseller writter all over him. 

There was no agreement in place that any games were mine, so I didn't sweat it too much. I'll just be more careful next time - dude had reseller writter all over him.
ie: a guy who was probably 40 years old when the NES came out and has never played a video game in his life...most likely wearing overalls and has a huge beer belly

bread's done
Back