2013 Yard Sale Thread

Had a pretty awesome morning:

Super Princess Peach (DS, complete): $5.00

Super Mario 64 DS (DS, complete): $5.00

Kingdom Hearts (PS2, complete): $2.00

Yoshi's Story (N64), $5.00 (overpaid... but I didn't have it... yet...)

Pac Man Collection (GBA): $1.00

N64 lot:

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2

Mario Kart 64

Mario Party

Mario Party 2

Paper Mario

Zelda Ocarina of Time

Zelda Majoras Mask

Super Smash Bros

Yoshi's Story...

Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards

$20.00 for the lot.

^^^NICE!

It must have been a lucky day for us Illinois shoppers...My wallet is empty and my trunk is full. I did miss a gamecube lot (at a house where I knew I had asked about games a year or two ago), but I got some decent stuff at my other stops.

I guess. I would go out tomorrow but I spent my budget today, lol. Thats okay, I can actually play games tomorrow morning.

I've been doing ok for finds at sales this year, but nothing great.  Today I think I hit my garage sale of the summer.

Gameboy Atomic Purple

NES w/cables and controllers

PS1 w/ cables and controllers

Sega Genesis w/cables and controllers

Sega Saturn w/controllers, memory cart and arcade joystick

-all for $40

Cart only:

Zelda Links Awakening DX (GBC) - $5

Lufia The Legend Returns (GBC) - $5

Pokemon Red (GB) - $5

Sega Saturn games:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire

Street Fighter Alpha Warriors’ Dreams

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Street Fighter The Movie

Last Gladiators Digital Pinball

Nights into Dreams

The Legends of Oasis

Shining Force III

Albert Odyssey: The Legend of Eldean

Magic Knight Rayearth

All complete in the cases though a couple of the cases are cracked - $20

160 laser discs and a player for $32

Along with a couple other bits and pieces it came to $120.  I still need to test the consoles to make sure they work, but they look in good condition.  The guy was a tech-head and seemed to take care of his stuff.  If I can find the time, I'll try and post pics later this weekend.

No gaming stuff today.

Bought a Giffin Evolve wireless speaker dock for $5. Works but one of the speakers doesn't work when not being charged.

Older iPod Nano 4GB player- $8

Uniden BC60XLT-1 30 channel scanner with 2 Track Scan headphones and bag- $8

Black 3 shelf Z-design tv stand- $40

I went to a garage sale and got:

gamecube with memory card and power cord(no controller or cable to connect to the tv)-$19

Rush Hour 1, 2, and 3-$2 for all of them

NIB Battle Damaged S.S. Vegeta (from the Dragonball Z Movie Collection)-$18

NIB Battle Damaged Piccolo (from the Dragonball Z Movie Collection)-$18

I found this copy of Contra today. What the heck is with the lack of back art? So confused. The manual also seems to be a different color scheme than most.

http://imgur.com/a/QLeTM
That same game was actually my first find of the year spring (yeah, I'll get to posting it ...... someday). Mine has a white background in the ratings box, otherwise the front cover is identical. On mine the back panel has game photos overlapping the red striped spine. Maybe yours is a misprint? Also, mine has a full color manual that looks exactly like the front cover. I noticed yours is various shades of red. Regardless, it's a good find since it's one of the harder games to get for the Genisis.

On a side note, having my own rummage tomorrow morning. Not too many games being sold although I probably should be. Have lots of CDs for $1 and DVDs for $2, hopefully not too overpriced. Have Nerf N-Strike Longshot and Recon CS-6s for $30.... probably won't sell but I wouldn't have a problem with that since they're fun. Got them for nephews a few weeks ago for $6 but apparenly they have been banned from Nerf due to breaking too much stuff.

2qjf2fm.jpg

Genesis Sports Game (Complete) - .25
Playstation 2 System (Kingdom Hearts Was In The System) & Misc DS Stuff - 12
Mario Party DS (Game Only) - 2

Asked about video games and the PS2 and some games were brought out offered 10 for the system which was countered with 12, the DS misc was in a free box. The other 2 games were asking price.

Friday Non Find BS
Got out at 7:45 and was out for an hour and a half, got to 11 sales. When I asked about video games at one house they mentioned a Wii with some games which sold about 15 minutes before 8. Another house sounded like it could be promising, simply put as soon as I saw the games for sale it was clear that it was just the dreck and 3-5 per a game depending on what system it was. When I asked about older video games the guy did mention NES & SNES stuff he owned and something about having doubles some times or some shit but I was getting the vibe that nothing worthwhile would be put out at the yard sale. The biggest flub of this sale was the fact that it mentioned games for a few systems of which 2 of them I didn't actually see any games for.

N64 With 9 Games (Forgot To Show It Did Have A 4 Meg Expansion) - 5
Kobe Bryant In NBA Courtside - .50
Fat Playstation 3 In Slim Box With Power Cord & Remote - 15
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3, Complete) - 5

The Kobe Bryant game was a buck but took .50. The PS3 was 50 to which I told the guy I was thinking more like 5 and explained to him how these things breakdown (he didn't really seem to know anything about it). He countered with 25 but ended up taking 15. Other two were asking price.

Saturday Non Find BS
Got out at 7:30 and was out for 3 hours, got to 19 sales. One sale advertised Wii games, I didn't bother going out of my way to show up right away or early, about 9:30ish all of the games were long gone as I was told one person bought everything. The sale I got the N64 bundle at I got to I'd guess a few minutes before 8 and the old lady who offered $50 for the NES/SNES stuff I got last year (with Wacky Races) showed up just as I was leaving so most likely she would have gotten it if I wasn't lucky enough to trip over this sale early on.

My best find today was Guitar Hero World Tour for 360 with guitar and drums for $15 (asking $20, marked down from $50 for all). The drums are missing the kickpedal and the cymbals don't work, but I might be able to fix them. So maybe not a great find, but decent for me since it's something my kid sister's been wanting.

Picked up EyeToy Play, Singstar Rocks, Dance Dance Revolution Extreme, Splashdown Rides Gone Wild, and The Adventures of Cookie & Cream all for PS2. Splashdown and Singstar are complete. Asked $10 for all, haggled them down to $5 after mentioning GS doesn't take them anymore.

I also got Toy Story 2, Pokemon the First Movie, The Jungle Book, and Beauty and the Beast VHS tapes for a quarter each. Looks like Pokemon should make me my money back, but the others are pretty worthless. People in my area sell boxes and boxes of VHS tapes - I really need to figure out which ones are worth money.

Last edited by a moderator:
9kneig.jpg

I also bought this Z-Line TV stand over the weekend for $40.

It does have 3 shelfs, can hold up to 42" HDTVs on the TV mount. The tv I have hooked up is my 32." Don't worry I'll take the base off, just figuring out how to put it on for now. 

I need to go back out more often, here are my finds for the weekend

Bag of N64 games with a green controller, power supply and AV cords for $10, there were 12 games in the bag and one was Donkey kong 64, that was the only notable game

Royal brand wireless shipping scale with AC adapter $2 my favorite find of the weekend

2 tamagotchi's 10 cents each man I love finds like this

At another house A Pokemon XD edition GameCube loose for $2, bought it from a kid

For not having a 360 since it's launch, this past weekend I found two at garage sales. One works fine the other is red ringed. Some of these other finds are from two weeks ago.

Everything above for $25 (working 360 console)

This lot was $12 since it was RROD

$15 for everything.

bundled and got everything for $6.

So just a lot of consoles and really no games... I would rather have it the other way around haha. I took these consoles and traded them into a retro resale shop around here for a nice stack of credit. I used the credit to get some really nice pieces for my collection. I will post those in the Aug pick ups.

I'm late reporting in but here's what I picked up over the weekend

The Wolfman Collection - $1

A Perfect Getaway - $1

Anime - VHS Tapes

Record of Lodoss War - $0.25

Bounty Dog - $0.25

Project A - $0.25

Manga -

Excel Saga Volume 1 - $0.25

N64 Game

NFL Blitz -$0.50

Electronic

Audio/Video Receiver - $8.00

Books

The Burma Effect - $0.25

Star Wars The Paradise Snare - $0.25

Combo Science Fiction Book - $0.25
HoAzDGF.jpg

xwFLD90.jpg

I've been doing ok for finds at sales this year, but nothing great. Today I think I hit my garage sale of the summer.

Gameboy Atomic Purple

NES w/cables and controllers

PS1 w/ cables and controllers

Sega Genesis w/cables and controllers

Sega Saturn w/controllers, memory cart and arcade joystick

-all for $40

Cart only:

Zelda Links Awakening DX (GBC) - $5

Lufia The Legend Returns (GBC) - $5

Pokemon Red (GB) - $5

Sega Saturn games:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire

Street Fighter Alpha Warriors’ Dreams

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Street Fighter The Movie

Last Gladiators Digital Pinball

Nights into Dreams

The Legends of Oasis

Shining Force III

Albert Odyssey: The Legend of Eldean

Magic Knight Rayearth

All complete in the cases though a couple of the cases are cracked - $20

160 laser discs and a player for $32

Along with a couple other bits and pieces it came to $120. I still need to test the consoles to make sure they work, but they look in good condition. The guy was a tech-head and seemed to take care of his stuff. If I can find the time, I'll try and post pics later this weekend.
omg :O Magic Knight Rayearth. If you are willing to sell I'm all ears

Did... fine today.

Grabbed 10 ps1 games.

At one sale

Spyro 1/2/3
Crash Bash
C the Contra Adventure
Thunderstrike 2
Mdk
Tetris Plus

At another

Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub Zero
Rollcage 2

1.00 for both.

Not a great morning but decent value and the Spyros will make me some cash.

I am quite jelous. Was this advertised? I saw no one advertising a 64 but I only look in certain areas
It was advertised, but it was in my area. Don't worry it wasnt an amazing lot or anything, I am just glad I got to find something. I actually got a great non gaming find too. I'll try to get on my pics from this weekend...

Sort of a yard sale? Went to an auction today and watched a woman in her 40's and another guy in his 40's get into a 'who has bigger balls contest.' 

I was there to check out some old furniture the wife wanted and happened upon an NES, 5 controllers, Light Gun, Dr Mario, Mario 3 - CIB, Tetris, Tetris 2 - CIB and about 10 other common games. All of this was in an SNES Super Advantage Box. The auctioneer wasn't expecting much as he started at $5. I was in up to $30...then these two took over. The lady paid $155 for it  :shock: I can only assume she thought she was going to flip it on ebay for a profit. Still in shock by the whole thing.

Sort of a yard sale? Went to an auction today and watched a woman in her 40's and another guy in his 40's get into a 'who has bigger balls contest.'

I was there to check out some old furniture the wife wanted and happened upon an NES, 5 controllers, Light Gun, Dr Mario, Mario 3 - CIB, Tetris, Tetris 2 - CIB and about 10 other common games. All of this was in an SNES Super Advantage Box. The auctioneer wasn't expecting much as he started at $5. I was in up to $30...then these two took over. The lady paid $155 for it :shock: I can only assume she thought she was going to flip it on ebay for a profit. Still in shock by the whole thing.
You should have asked her if it was an NES 001. :dunce:

You should have asked her if it was an NES 001. :dunce:
She was standing near me and saw me shaking my head and chuckling in disbelief. Pretty sure she thought I was fanning the flame because she kept going. Maybe, MAYBE she'll get her money back, but no way is she making anything decent on it. It sucks (and I know we all go through this crap) because I would've loved to add the CIBs to my collection, even up to probably $50 or so for the lot. Ah well, she got her hands on the elusive NES 001.

I swear these crappy shows about pickers and storage lockers have Shaq-fu'd up the game for everyone.  They overhype and overvalue the finds and suddenly everyone thinks they can make a living from this stuff. 

When the yard sale season started this year game hunting was at a fevered pitch; everywhere I went people were asking for them or fighting to get to them first.  I have found some games this year, but they are almost all unadvertised.  I think it's been 2 months since I've seen video games mentioned in an advertisement in the paper or craiglist.  Either people are deciding they can get more money elsewhere for them or the people spamming craiglist wanting to buy games get them first.

I swear these crappy shows about pickers and storage lockers have Shaq-fu'd up the game for everyone. They overhype and overvalue the finds and suddenly everyone thinks they can make a living from this stuff.

When the yard sale season started this year game hunting was at a fevered pitch; everywhere I went people were asking for them or fighting to get to them first. I have found some games this year, but they are almost all unadvertised. I think it's been 2 months since I've seen video games mentioned in an advertisement in the paper or craiglist. Either people are deciding they can get more money elsewhere for them or the people spamming craiglist wanting to buy games get them first.
Yep, those stories are killing yard sales. I wear a shirt to yard sales that says "I Buy Videogames" in big letters. It used to be great people would read my shirt and go "Oh really you want those old things?" now most recently I had someone laugh and say "Yea I bet you do I saw on the Storage Wars them NES-001 is worth over $10,000 on the eBay."

I was rude and just flat out told them they should have paid attention to the end of the episode when they told them it was worthless.

Hell, just my finds this year go to show you how much things have dried up. Two years ago almost every week I got a box lot of systems and games while this year we are nearing the end of the season and it has only happened three times that I remember.

And I guess I didn't post this but my most recent yard sale experience from last weekend is I bought a stack of 7 great Gamecube games for $30. They were all taped shut and the teenager selling them asked me not to open them because last year someone stole all the discs from his Gamecube games at a yard sale when they said they were checking the discs. I figured that seemed reasonable and I could tell by the weight that they all had their manuals so I paid for them and left. I went home and opened them to find out every single one was empty.

I ended up driving back to his yard sale to complain and get my money back, at which point he accused me of stealing them. Luckily he had more Gamecube games I didn't buy that weren't worth his $5 each so I told him I would call the police and open the other games in front of them to prove who was ripping off who at which point he threw my $30 back at me and walked inside.

Partially my fault I know because I should have checked them right after paying but deliberately trying to rip someone off like that and then accuse them of lying is beyond trashy.

Yep, those stories are killing yard sales. I wear a shirt to yard sales that says "I Buy Videogames" in big letters. It used to be great people would read my shirt and go "Oh really you want those old things?" now most recently I had someone laugh and say "Yea I bet you do I saw on the Storage Wars them NES-001 is worth over $10,000 on the eBay."

I was rude and just flat out told them they should have paid attention to the end of the episode when they told them it was worthless.

Hell, just my finds this year go to show you how much things have dried up. Two years ago almost every week I got a box lot of systems and games while this year we are nearing the end of the season and it has only happened three times that I remember.

And I guess I didn't post this but my most recent yard sale experience from last weekend is I bought a stack of 7 great Gamecube games for $30. They were all taped shut and the teenager selling them asked me not to open them because last year someone stole all the discs from his Gamecube games at a yard sale when they said they were checking the discs. I figured that seemed reasonable and I could tell by the weight that they all had their manuals so I paid for them and left. I went home and opened them to find out every single one was empty.

I ended up driving back to his yard sale to complain and get my money back, at which point he accused me of stealing them. Luckily he had more Gamecube games I didn't buy that weren't worth his $5 each so I told him I would call the police and open the other games in front of them to prove who was ripping off who at which point he threw my $30 back at me and walked inside.

Partially my fault I know because I should have checked them right after paying but deliberately trying to rip someone off like that and then accuse them of lying is beyond trashy.
I ran into a guy at an estate sale raving about how "look at this nes-001 that I found! It's worth hundreds on ebay!" :roll:

I've run into some rude sellers before but dang, no one has tried to deliberately scam me like that. At least you got your money back

I took my sister with me to a community garage sale and we split up to better our chances. I found absolutely nothing while she got me all this for $26! :bouncy:

Asy6gij.jpg

px84wxN.jpg

Meh morning...

Nes w/ two rf cables, no power cable and 2 Genesis controllers... 3.00

Fat ps2 apparently not working-free

Super Advantage controller for snes-3.00

Thats it game wise.

Tomorrow morning near me there is one sale two streets down from me advertising PS2 with "tons of games", ten minutes from there a Wii with games and accessories, and 5 minutes from there a DS with "lots of games". All start at 8am, all state no early birds.

Can't decide which to start at, I'd rather get Wii stuff but I always find overpriced Wiis at yard sales ("buy I paid $250 and only played one game!") PS2 is closest but too likely to come with sports games. I guess that means I should start a DS and work my way back to the other two, I just hate the idea of picking the wrong one and missing out.

I had some great luck with a suburb sale near me.

Favorite find of the day for $12

Mainly bought these for the TMNT figures. There were all original wave 1 turtles with weapons, Shredder, Bebop & Rocksteady and the turtle van plus more guys. Finding TMNT stuff always makes up for a slow video game outing. Also the Power Ranger stuff and Gargoyles figures are not a bad bonus.  I found the X-Men: Children of the Atom marquee at another sale for $6.

$2 for both systems, controllers, and cords.

I picked this thing up for $1. I didn't even know what this thing was. It turns out it is Tiger's portable version of their answer to a Virtual Boy.

$6 for everything here. Kinda cool to hold a uDraw. Isn't there a way to do something else with them? or was that the PS3/360 version?

And my best finds of the day. The Gamecube games cost me $5 total. The guides were fifty cents a piece. And my favorite find of this bunch was a copy of Pokemon Crystal in the GBC all for $3.50. Unfortunately it needs a new battery and the GBC's battery door is missing.

Holy yard sales! So I ran a clean sweep of the three I posted about yesterday. I started with the one that advertised a DS that was farthest from me. Ended up getting from them:

Pink DS Lite, Black DS Lite, Blue DSi, Imagine Fashion Designer, Cooking Mama 2, Cooking Mama 3, Zoo Tycoon 2, Petz Nursery 2, My Baby Girl, Super Mario 64 DS, then GBA games: Ratatouille, Madden 2002, Sims 2 Pets, Suite Life of Zack Cody, The Original Memory

All for $50

Next was the one that advertised a Wii. Ended up getting Wii system with original box, Wii Fit Board, Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy all for $50, they also had a Blue DS Lite with LEGO Battles Ninjago, LEGO Indiana Jones 1 & 2, LEGO Batman, Cars 2 all CIB all for $15.

Last was the one that advertised a PS2. Got there and next to the box with the PS2 was a box of Game Boys and games. Inside was original Game Boy, 2 Game Boy Pockets, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Games: Pokemon Blue, Red and Yellow, Rayman, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Rugrats Time Travelers, Spider-Man 2, Centipede, Pokemon Pinball

Game Boy Advance: LEGO ISland 2, Earthworm Jim, Super Mario World, Spyro 2, Wario Land 4, Spongebob Squarepants SuperSponge, MLB Slugfest 2004 , Backyard Football, Kids Football, Backyard Baseball, Frogger's Adventure, M&M Blast, Blitz 2004, Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius

Also had an E-Reader with Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong, Mario and Baseball E-Cards

Then the PS2 was a PS2 fat with 3 controllers, 3 memory cards, steering wheel, 20 crap sports games, Need For Speed Underground 1 & 2, Simpsons Road Rage, EyePlay with EyeToy camera, Namco Museum

Ended up getting the PS2 and all the Game Boy Stuff for $50

Walked across the street as their neighbor had a yard sale too, in a bag of children's clothes I found Goldeneye, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 64. I asked how much and he said "Why would you want old crap like that? I guess 50 cents each or $2 if you buy them all. Handed over the $2 and went on my merry way.

I actually took pictures this week I will try to get around to posting them.

Haven't posted in a bit but yesterday was gold. Bought 5 boxes of toys for $6. Some of the contents include about 50 pokemon figures, a pokedex, beast wars transformers, about 7 giga pets, and ... A Turbo Man!!! Will post pics either today or tomorrow but had to share :)

Today was so-so. Didn't find anything until past 11:30.

One house had a drum set for Wii, when I asked if they had the game the kid ran into the house and came back out with a guitar, LEGO Rock Band, and Band Hero (both complete). Got all that for $15, now I can sell the 360 Guitar Hero set I got last week (the drums were broken and new ones are more than I'm willing to spring for).

At another house I got a PS2 Guitar Hero boxed set with guitar, GH1, and GH2 (both complete). Unfortunately the stickers are already used. It was only $7, so I can still make some money off it.

Only other find was a few disks: Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume One, Star Wars: Animated Adventures Droids, and sealed Super Mario History 25th anniversary soundtrack all for $5. This lady also had a GameCube for $75 and refused to go lower, I asked if she had anything else and she pointed to a bunch of Madden games for 360, saying that someone came earlier and bought all the non-sports game. Sigh. Glad some of you had good scores, though.

Only saw some crap Xbox games and 2 controllers. Have yet to buy a single thing from a yardsale this summer. My sisters boyfriend bought a Bhut Jolokia pepper at the farmers market, the line of the day was "dont touch your scrotum after choppin that pepper now!" Its something crazy like 130X a jalapeno. 

"Why would you want old crap like that? I guess 50 cents each or $2 if you buy them all." I wish more people were like him and dont know what they have or look at Ebay!

Not a bad day for me. Went to a city wide sale just down the road.

Saw a Wii for $40 at the first sale, no games. Saw some $5 360 games next to it, nothing of note. Box of $1 PS2 sports/racing games. $3 DS games, Scrabble was the gem of the lot, not much else but Cooking Mama. Saw a lot of other quality items, just nothing I need.

Ended up buying Finding Nemo and Wall-E for $1 a piece.

Stopped at another sale on the side of the road, lady had 5 stacks of PS2 games. $2 each, except any Grand Theft Auto or WWE games were $5. Got Bully and The Warriors for $4 total. The Warriors looks like it's been used for a surfboard, but I cleaned it up and it works now. Bully is in good shape, box only. The Warriors made the day worthwhile.

Drove past another sale, Saw Legend of Dragoon for PS1 for $2, before I could park the car and get back (30 seconds) it was gone. The lady did have 4 PS1 Tomb Raider games, but I don't care for those. Several other $1-$2 games, like Gran Turismo 1 and 2, and the Original Siphon Filter, but nothing I needed.

Last stop, saw a PS3 in the box, a PS2 with a stack of games and some 360 games. Got out, PS3 had a "Make Offer" sticker on it. When I was about to ask, I saw the 360 Black Ops game has a $50 tag on it, Halo 3 had a $40 tag, and WWE12 had a $50 tag. They said the best they could do was $200 on it, $100 on the PS2. Not even close...maybe next time.

But I did find another good community sale to hit up next year. We had a good time, and it was all walking, which was good.

I'm thrilled with my day. Game stuff was decent. Non-game stuff was epic. 

PS2 games were $1 apiece. I bought 7 and the guy came over to my car with the rest and said I could buy them for $2. 

This family brought out a tub of game stuff. But only a couple games (X-men, Street Fighter, and a sports game for Genesis) But, there was also an NES, Genesis, original Game Boy (not shown), Game Boy Color, and Advance SP. They didn't have all the cables for the NES, but they did have an original box!! Bought it all for $35... then the son that was there got a call from his brother saying "not to sell the Super Nintendo." By which he meant the NES. So, he gave me $10 back and I got to keep the box. 

This was my favorite game buy of the day. It was around noon and a guy had just found them to bring out. Lucky timing for me! He was asking $2 each, got 13 games & 2 empty DS cases for $20.

Also got 2 fat DS's, 2 Gameboy Advance SPs, original GBA, and a Game Boy Color for $50.

My favorite buy of the day came after getting lost for a just a little too long early in the morning. When I found a yard sale I walked up to the driveway and the woman was busting my balls "what are YOU looking for?" It was obvious she'd been getting lots of questions. I told her "Let me guess, people have asked you for video games, coins, records, watches, jewelry, trains.." She stopped and repeated records. Turns out she had her father's Jazz collection she was ready to sell. She brought them out and I must have spent 20 minutes talking about the artists and the music with her. Lots of great Blue Note LPs. Bought them all for $50 and can't wait to listen. 

I know, long-winded post... My first car was a 1982 El Dorado Biarritz. I was pulling away from my last yard sale of the day and saw one parked along the street. So, I parked again, walked back to the yard sale and asked if she knew who owned the car. She hesitated, smiled, and said "that's the Queen Mary, she's mine." I asked if she had any plans on selling it, and she said she did. She let me take a look inside, it had the white leather and blue shag like mine did. Most of those cars have ugly blue or red leather that hasn't aged well.  We exchanged numbers and I'll be calling her tomorrow to see about a price. Wish me luck!

Sales haven't been so hot lately but today was alright.

d55d6052772efdba138f51eb61b0cd1c.JPG

First was this Genesis lot, including a bunch of CIB games and, for some reason, a filthy wired Xbox 360 controller. Seller said make an offer, I said how about $10, and it was taken. Game list below.

* Genesis model 1 w/ 2 controllers + hookups
* Monopoly
* Ms. Pac-Man
* Sonic Spinball
* Mortal Kombat
* Animaniacs
* Clue
* Spider-man & X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
* Sonic 1 (all CIB),
* One grody :360: controller.
 You can't tell from the above picture how gross the 360 controller was so check this out, before and after style.
abb2301011c5af4f9071fee1d1548b66.JPG

721cf995e0b113a606d9b5d55ea0d6e2.JPG
I swear it's the same controller. :lol: And yes it probably does need a bit more detail work, but what a transformation.

6a728288553bead2475ef1d3ef8b9362.jpg

Next up is this rather large PS2 lot. Asked about it and they said the system was $5 (!!!) and the games were $3 each. Offered $10 for everything (to be honest, I didn't even realize just how many games were in the box) and they countered with $15 which was more than reasonable. Contents include:

* Slim PS2 w/ hookups, 2 memory cards, Karaoke Revolution mic, 1 black dualshock, 1 clear blue dualshock, and Pelican Predator wireless controller w/ receiver plus games:
* Resident Evil - The Essentials (RE4, Code Veronica, and Outbreak - all the individual game cases are still sealed!)
* GTA Double Pack (GTA3 and Vice City)
* Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2
* Lego Star Wars 1 & 2
* Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
* Ultimate Spider-Man
* Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects
* Tony Hawk's Underground 2
* Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
* Karaoke Revolution American Idol
* Karaoke Revolution Country
* Guitar Hero II, III, Aerosmith, & '80s
* And for some reason, :wii: Cooking Mama Cook Off & World Kitchen

43c15d5c26fc63c413159929a962d82b.JPG

Now for the random finds.

Adventure Time Jake backpack ($5) and Zombie Jake plush ($.50) both still w/ tags.
Pokemon TCG tin + cards (fair number of foils & promos - $.75)
:ps2: Nightmare Before Christmas & Rayman Arena ($1 each)
:ds: Soul Bubbles ($1, sealed)
:psp: PSP 1000 system ($2 - no charger, no memory card, missing the analog nub, and the screen has some awful damage...but it includes the battery and, surprisingly, works pretty well.)
N64 Goldeneye ($2)

Kaipper

Clone Wars Volume One, Star Wars: Animated Adventures Droids
Star Wars Animated adventures Droids has been long OOP, you should be able to get decent money for it even disc only.

I know, long-winded post... My first car was a 1982 El Dorado Biarritz. I was pulling away from my last yard sale of the day and saw one parked along the street. So, I parked again, walked back to the yard sale and asked if she knew who owned the car. She hesitated, smiled, and said "that's the Queen Mary, she's mine." I asked if she had any plans on selling it, and she said she did. She let me take a look inside, it had the white leather and blue shag like mine did. Most of those cars have ugly blue or red leather that hasn't aged well. We exchanged numbers and I'll be calling her tomorrow to see about a price. Wish me luck!
Good luck on the Biarritz, since she named it I wouldn't be surprised if the price was a little high. Also, be careful. those things had notoriously bad engines. It's a shame too because they had some really nice lines. Probably why you don't see more of them on the road. I'm a fan of the '84 Seville myself.

Meh day.

- New Super Mario Bros Wii (missing manual)

- Super Mario Galaxy

total: $3

- PS2 Fat System (No cables or controllers)

- DS Lite (faulty upper screen, but came in box)

- 7 crappy GBA games (NES Classic: Bomberman being the highlight)

- Gex 3 for GBC

- Game & Watch Gallery 2 for GB

- Animal Crossing: Wild World and Sims 2: Castaway for DS (both complete in box)

total: $10

Star Wars Animated adventures Droids has been long OOP, you should be able to get decent money for it even disc only.
I was hoping so, but it looks like it's going for $7-10 on eBay (the prices are kind of scattered). So it's not great, but I'll get a few bucks out of it.

Super jealous of some people's finds this week, especially that PS2 lot. For those of you who regularly bring in big hauls, is it always in the early morning or do you get them later on too? I can't figure out if the huge lots aren't in my area or if I'm just not getting out early enough to beat the competition :lol:

I'm always amazed by the good finds on here. I know it takes the right mix of determination and luck to snag all the great stuff.

I recently moved to a nicer area with more sales, but haven't had time to go out much.

I think the garage and basement filled with boxes and tubs has also been holding me back. I need to have a sale more than I need to add to the pile.

The only real finds all summer have been non-gaming items my wife brought home: 200 square feet of new carpet/rugs for the basement for $5.

I was hoping so, but it looks like it's going for $7-10 on eBay (the prices are kind of scattered). So it's not great, but I'll get a few bucks out of it.

Super jealous of some people's finds this week, especially that PS2 lot. For those of you who regularly bring in big hauls, is it always in the early morning or do you get them later on too? I can't figure out if the huge lots aren't in my area or if I'm just not getting out early enough to beat the competition :lol:
It was almost noon when I bought that PS2 lot, so yes, you can still find video game stuff later in the day, but it will tend to be newer stuff. Retro games disappear extremely fast, especially anything NES/SNES/N64. Other systems and handhelds do seem to have a longer shelf-life but are still a prime target for resellers who know what they're doing. The others (the dumb ones you hear about buying anything that says "Nintender" on it) don't necessarily realize that things like PS2 systems, GBA SP's, Guitar Hero controllers, etc. have value.

Really, the only way to figure out whether going out early is worth it for you is to try it out. Get a feel for how people generally tend to handle their sales in your area, what's acceptable and what's not, etc. "No early birds" means something different to everyone, and unless strongly worded, is hardly set in stone.

For me, with most sales starting at 9 AM in my area, I don't bother going any earlier than 8:30 to 8:45 because hardly anyone will be properly set up anyway. Most people are very lazy, and by the time the sale actually rolls around, their enthusiasm for the idea has diminished somewhat when they realize they have to get up before noon on a Saturday. Obviously it may be different in other regions, I see plenty of people on here talking about activity from 5-6 AM onward, but that's just my experience.

bread's done
Back