2013 Yard Sale Thread

I see Zunes rarely at yard sales but on Craiglist they always seem pretty cheap. 3 months ago I picked up a 16GB Zune HD for $40. Tomorrow I'm getting another 16GB Zune HD for $30 with a Zune docking station.

Haha thanks for the congrats. It's one of those games you're bound to find eventually. Now if I could just snag a wild Panzer Dragoon Saga... But, my pick for find of the week goes to Xenoblade. That has to be one of the first wild copies found!. @Ferrari Racer, I wish they were that cheap by me!. I still have my 80gb from when they came out. Never got an HD, but always wanted one.

I got a nice lot for $50!  I was interested in the SNES stuff at 50 to begin with, but the seller threw in a modded Xbox!  And then that came with a bunch of controllers and stuff.

If anyone is interested in it, let me know, I'd be more than happy to part with it for a modest price because those things are big and I don't have room.  It has two hard drives, ones with the regular OS and one with the modded OS.  I think its set up to run emulators and homebrew and stuff.

Mon 9/16 haul by geekquisitions, on Flickr

I've never seen a grey Maximum Carnage before.  I will be adding that Clayfighter TE to my collection, though.

Just one thing though -- these all have white out or something on the back.

Any tips on how to get this stuff off?

^^Fingernails ;) If that doesn;t work and you have a steady hand you can use something to scrape it. Like a putty knife/scraper. I'm not aware of anything that breaks it down. I've heard wd-40, but I havent tried it myself. Acetone/nail polish remover would eat through it, but it may eat through the plastic too.

There was a local town-wide yard sale yesterday. The day was great, but could have potentially been even better. When I got home I looked at Craigslist garage sale ads and one posted at 5am mentioned over 600 games for vintage systems. The address was in a trailer park just a few streets over from where I hit. Ah well. 

First find of the day... tub of game stuff parents were letting their son sell. I picked up a few things and asked a price. He said $15. Then I asked a price for the whole tub. He said $20. I asked if he was sure. He took another look and did a little more mat. $40, he said. I felt much better about this price.

Also included was a slim ps2 with all the hookups and a bunch of wires.

Second game find of the day was the best. Having been to enough yard sles, I'm sure others can relate, I can kind of guess what some folks will have. Stopping for a sale I saw a black suitcase opened on the lawn and said to myself "that's going to have games in it." Got out of the car, saw the games and immediately asked the price. She said $1 apiece. There was one there I told her I was really excited about, and said I was going to pay her more. She said, "ok, $2." 

Pics (first is all good & fine, 2nd one... yeah buddy!): 

Also got a minty Plum Game Boy color with a bunch of games, ~half shown. $10

SunsAshine, TetMan is everyone finding one of these this year? I remember someone else finding one pretty recently also. My favorite rpg of all time, need to find me one, one of these days....ris (sealed), and wii fit $5. Double Dash $5.

And last find, $25 (bMan is everyone finding one of these this year? I remember someone else finding one pretty recently also. My favorite rpg of all time, need to find me one, one of these days....ut needs a new battery :/)Man is everyone finding one of these this year? I remember someone else finding one pretty recently also. My favorite rpg of all time, need to find me one, one of these days....

For any resellers, Zunes have held their value really well and this is the first I've found that needed any work. A lot of times they can be had cheaper than used iPods for not being as identifiable.

Last edited by a moderator:
What i meant to say, is wow what a find on the Suikoden 2. My favorite rpg of all time. Still looking to find me a copy of it in the wild, congrats

Had a pretty good time Saturday morning. There were a bunch of yard sales along a few blocks up in Towson, MD, and the weather was absolutely perfect. At one of my first stops I asked about video games, and a kid there brought out his old DS Lite, a little carrying case, and a bunch of games. At first I was just interested in the DS (all my DS lites have broken hinges), but he threw in all the games for the same price, so I took them as well. Got the whole package for $12, and was super excited when I checked a little closer later and found MegaMan ZX in there, something I've been wanting to replay. Most of the lot was stuff I wasn't terribly interested in, so I kept , Megaman ZX, Megaman Starforce Leo, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Star Wars Battlefront, and Lego Batman and traded the rest in to pay off most of my Pokemon X preorder. The DVD's in that picture came later, and I picked them all up for $7.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23091]

I also found a couple of cheap systems and games that will be going to MAGFest. The XBox came with cords and a controller and was only $3. The PS2 came with cords, a controller, a dancepad, and some games, and was $5. Unfortunately it only plays PS1 disc and blue-back PS2 discs, but we can still use it, so I still count it as a good find.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23090]

Also picked up a few miscellaneous items: a stuffed pokeball, a CD for my wife, and a trade paperback for "Bone," all for $1 each. All in all a very pleasant time.

I bought a lot of stuff this weekend. This is just the video game related stuff. 9-13-13 (Friday the 13th edition) Post 1 of 2

I bought these 2 dvds for 50 cents each and asked about the PS1. The lady said it is missing its cords, so she gave it to me for free. That addon must make it able to play burned games as there was a copy of tony hawk in the system.

This sale advertised video games. I beat 4 other people to the games (they showed up after me) someone could have been there before me though as I was only 30 minutes early or so. These were marked $3 each. I paid $6 total for them.

This sale advertised a SEGA and PlayStation systems. I made sure I was way early and I barely beat my competition to the sale. I saw these boxes sitting on a table and immediately grabbed them.

SEGA lot $5 total:

PS2 lot $7 total:

I hit this sale and saw these in a Rubbermaid. I asked about them and the girl said they don't work and I could have them. PS2 fat and slim.

I asked if they had any other games and her friends who were also at the sale said they have a SEGA system that they could dig out. I told them I would be interested and they asked how much I would pay. I explained it depends on the games and what comes with it. He said it had a 32x that sits on top, so I asked them to pull it out and hold it for me and that I would come back and check it out the next day. Story will be continued in post number 2 ;)

More to come...

Main reason I'm posting is I got sniped on a potentially great deal, and am slightly annoyed.  The sale in question was advertising an N64 "Pokemon edition", which I assumed was the Pikachu version.  I was correct in that assumption.  So I show up slightly early as they were still setting up, and overheard them say to another early bird that they were still in process of setting up, and everything will be out by 8.  Not wanting to push any buttons, I greet them, and look around at what they do have set up.  While do this, another guy apparently asked about the games, and they dug them out for him.  I didn't get a good glance, but from what I did see, there was also a SNES, Super Mario World, and Super Smash Bros. in addition to the Pikachu N64.  I also saw probably $80 in this guy's hand, so it's not like it was a super steal.  Still, would have loved to add that N64 to my collection. 

Haven't really found much this year worth mentioning, let alone taking pictures of, but anyway, here's everything I've found this season.

Gamecube with 2 1st party controllers and 15 games - $20

Notables were Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Strikers, Legend of Spyro, and Godzilla Destroy all Monsters Melee. 

Halo 2 PC - $3

Portal 2 PS3 with Steam code - $4

Best find of the season:

CIB Sega Master System with 11 CIB games and the control stick also CIB - $45

Games:

After Burner

Alien Syndrome

California Games

Double Dragon

Hang On/Astro Warrior

Monopoly

Out Run

Reggie Jackson Baseball

Shinobi

Wonder Boy in Monster Land

Wonder Boy III the Dragon's Trap

Was hoping to get more gaming stuff today but that sure didn't happen I went to one yard sale and spent almost all of my cash there.

I bought a pair of Klipsch Synergy 1's and a 125V Klipsch subwoofer for $65. Can't decide if I want to keep them or sell them. They are almost too big. I am living in a dorm room right now and my polk audio speakers in the background are a perfect size.

They also had a 50" HDTV for $150. Tempting but it was a little old and HUGE

zoYSScP.jpg

YO! The stuff I bought today is choice, bitch! Quality, not quantity...look for the pics in 2014. lol

I'll post them after I finish my post from last week. Behind on pics at the moment ;)

I had a few decent finds last weekend and I was thinking the same thing..... maybe I'll post these in the 2014 thread.  Still haven't listed anything from this year.  :booty: If I get more than two years behind I'll just not post them.

Also, the new site is still buggy as hell.  I had to go back to the previous page to be able to post, and it wouldn't allow me to quote.

Had a pretty interesting score today. Apparently this person bought this house a year ago, and they get packages addressed as "For Your Consideration" followed by the address with no name on the address label so the mail carrier said they cannot be forwarded. Inside are a variety of games, all brand new and factory sealed and appear to be retail versions. No rhyme or reason it is a mixture of publishers, genres, systems, etc. Some arrived BEFORE their release dates as well.

They told me the previous owner of their house reviewed games for a living, but I don't think that is where they came from as some of the games came out month before they were sent and none are marked as review editions as the review copies I have seen before.

Anyways they wanted $20 a box, so I bought every box they had as well as left my business card and told them to call me next time they get a box as I will pay more when the games are newer. And now I have the original boxes and packing slips to try and put together where these are coming from.

There were some good games in there too The Last Of Us, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate both 3DS and Wii U, Tomb Raider, etc.

Review copies for smaller sites are just standard copies. I got about 150 review games over 5 years and all but 3 were regular copies. Never showed more than a few days before release though. We did often get them weeks after release. For smaller sites a pr firm distributes them. They send them out in waves so the big sites get first dibs and they go smaller from there. sometimes it takes weeks to get to the little guys because they want to make sure they dont miss a bigger site requesting a copy.

There is a post like 40 minutes away for me for a yardsale that just seems way way way way to good to be true.

It shows pictures of japanese import figures that are definitely worth 500, 300, etc. on ebay plus a bunch of video games (nothing crazy but mario parties, and others). I tried to google search and tinyeye the images but I can't find the same ones anywhere.

That just screams fake to me. It is like 40 minutes out of the way. I'd have to leave like before 7 am to get there at 8 am to be an hour early before the sale.

What say you CAGs. Is it an obvious fake, person trying to unload their collection, or a gold mine for my taking?

There is a post like 40 minutes away for me for a yardsale that just seems way way way way to good to be true.

It shows pictures of japanese import figures that are definitely worth 500, 300, etc. on ebay plus a bunch of video games (nothing crazy but mario parties, and others). I tried to google search and tinyeye the images but I can't find the same ones anywhere.

That just screams fake to me. It is like 40 minutes out of the way. I'd have to leave like before 7 am to get there at 8 am to be an hour early before the sale.

What say you CAGs. Is it an obvious fake, person trying to unload their collection, or a gold mine for my taking?
Is it an address to a home? You could probably look it up and get a number to ask.

Is it an address to a home? You could probably look it up and get a number to ask.
Just has the street. Says multi-family.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/gms/4080769526.html

Here is the ad - it was placed on multiple craigslists (close to the border of the next state). Even if it is real, and the prices are good, I imagine it will be a complete mad house.

Also can't see people having all that and not selling it online. The post in the next state also showed a few more things like he-man figures, ninja turtles, etc. It is pretty much every collectible thing a person could ever want.

It's the perfect lure, but I think I'm going to have to skip and stick to the 20+ posted sales this week in my area. I don't want to waste the entire day chasing on sale.

Review copies for smaller sites are just standard copies. I got about 150 review games over 5 years and all but 3 were regular copies. Never showed more than a few days before release though. We did often get them weeks after release. For smaller sites a pr firm distributes them. They send them out in waves so the big sites get first dibs and they go smaller from there. sometimes it takes weeks to get to the little guys because they want to make sure they dont miss a bigger site requesting a copy.
My games were always standard copies as well. The only game I can think of that was ever marked as a Review Copy was Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary, which is also the only game I ever had to send back. I was on a really small site, but I would usually get games about 4-7 days before release, sometimes a week or two. I remember that Summer of Arcade XBLA games were usually given out exactly a week before release. Every once in a while, I would get something a month early. It certainly didn't happen very often. In the case of PC games, however, I often got early builds and I got certain games like Krater quite a long time before release. I usually couldn't talk about them because of embargos, though.

Screams fake to me; I would avoid.

My games were always standard copies as well. The only game I can think of that was ever marked as a Review Copy was Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary, which is also the only game I ever had to send back. I was on a really small site, but I would usually get games about 4-7 days before release, sometimes a week or two. I remember that Summer of Arcade XBLA games were usually given out exactly a week before release. Every once in a while, I would get something a month early. It certainly didn't happen very often. In the case of PC games, however, I often got early builds and I got certain games like Krater quite a long time before release. I usually couldn't talk about them because of embargos, though.
You were in after me. I worked for mid sized sites but have been out since late 06 or early 07. I did get a review copy of stella deus on ps2 (worked on standard system), nba ballers 2 for ps2 (did not) and champions return to arms for ps2 (which did). Was very rare for usto get console stuff overly early. We did little pc coverage so we only got a few copies of those.

Here is the ad - it was placed on multiple craigslists (close to the border of the next state). Even if it is real, and the prices are good, I imagine it will be a complete mad house.

Also can't see people having all that and not selling it online. The post in the next state also showed a few more things like he-man figures, ninja turtles, etc. It is pretty much every collectible thing a person could ever want.

It's the perfect lure, but I think I'm going to have to skip and stick to the 20+ posted sales this week in my area. I don't want to waste the entire day chasing on sale.

It's either fake or they will want above eBay prices for it all, I would chase the other sales instead of this one, you are more likely to find stuff at better prices at the hole in the wall sale. The person Obviously knew what they have because they took photos of all the good stuff. It's never worth going 40 min out of the way for a sale.

This is just the video game related stuff. 9-13-13 (Friday the 13th edition) Post 2 of 2

I asked if they had any other games and her friends who were also at the sale said they have a SEGA system that they could dig out. I told them I would be interested and they asked how much I would pay. I explained it depends on the games and what comes with it. He said it had a 32x that sits on top, so I asked them to pull it out and hold it for me and that I would come back and check it out the next day.

This is what he dug out.

I told him I would be around $50 for the lot if he found the cords. He couldn't find them, so he offered it to me for $40, I countered and after some back and forth I paid $35 for everything.

Note: It is missing its cords (the AC is expensive from what I have researched before buying the system), but I think I still got a decent deal. What do you all think?

I like the branded game holder :)

Supposedly that encyclopedia is desirable because it only came with this system, but I am not sure on that...

32x (finally) and this guy! JVC 'xeye

The whole lot:

:bouncy:

I am actually tired..... This was the most sales I've ever hit in a day. Straight from 7 am til 1:30. All in my area.

It also probably the most I've ever got.

A few things for my self but then a ton of other things to sort through

3 NES's - 1 complete in the box w/ one of the nicest boxes I've come across

about a total of 30 NES games - some with manuals

Dirty SNES

Gameboy that is "broken" - probably needs batteries

Ooodles of games - Lots of DS, Wii, and 3DS games all at a 2 or 3 each

A few N64 games like Majora's Mask

Bunch of Simpsons stuff

Lego Mini-figs

Spawn McFarlane figure

some DVDs (kids movies - a few sealed)

About 50 DVD sets - tv seasons for 2 bucks each. Some good ones like Rome

It was crazy - I think I actually spent 3 to 400 today. I gotta go through everything and check.

I actually left my email & phone with a few people who may actually get back to me after they brought me out stuff.

9ql34n.jpg

Sega Master System Stuff - 10
Everything Else - 2.50

The PS1 games were asking a buck each and are both complete, Genesis controller .50. Asked about games at one house and the Master System stuff was brought out and wanted $10 for it, no manual with Thunder Blade other 2 games are complete.

Non Find BS
Was out for a little over 2 hours and got to 10 sales. "Everything else" was from a sale that sounded like it could be promising advertising Playstation stuff. Got to the sale about 15 minutes early, PS1 with a few memory cards for $30 and the games were a buck each and IIRC every single one of them besides the 2 I got sports games, it's hard to imagine that somebody else cherry picked the games before I got to the sale considering Final Fantasy IX complete & near mint was left behind for a buck. I remember the house I got the Master System stuff at as I was at this house back in 2005 during a previous yardsale and IIRC got some misc ColecoVision stuff for about a buck total. When I asked about video games this time around guy actually hinted at Nintendo stuff and it actually sounded like it could very well be NES, SNES & N64 (mentioned having "all 3 Nintendo systems") but he didn't seem comfortable with bringing them out without knowing the worth of it better, he actually sounded like he figured the SMS stuff was probably worth more then $10 from what I gathered BSing with him a little.

Its not fake....its a reseller. Most likely it will above ebay prices but if I've learned one thing this year its there is no rhyme or reason to anything when it comes to yard sales. All my "rules" have turned out to be wrong these past couple of weeks; I've got great deals from what appeared to be resellers, Ive hit sales that advertised games and surprisingly not ran into a single reseller, Ive hit sales at 4pm and still found games, so I would say if you REALLY want this stuff, email them asap asking to buy the stuff now, if that doesnt work show up an hour early and be sure to be the first person out there...people who follow the "no early bird" rule are the people that dont get anything! Forget all this "Well they said no early birds and I dont want be rude" horseshit....theres way too many sharks out there and you have act like a shark yourself if you want to get any good scores these days

Its not fake....its a reseller. Most likely it will above ebay prices but if I've learned one thing this year its there is no rhyme or reason to anything when it comes to yard sales. All my "rules" have turned out to be wrong these past couple of weeks; I've got great deals from what appeared to be resellers, Ive hit sales that advertised games and surprisingly not ran into a single reseller, Ive hit sales at 4pm and still found games, so I would say if you REALLY want this stuff, email them asap asking to buy the stuff now, if that doesnt work show up an hour early and be sure to be the first person out there...people who follow the "no early bird" rule are the people that dont get anything! Forget all this "Well they said no early birds and I dont want be rude" horseshit....theres way too many sharks out there and you have act like a shark yourself if you want to get any good scores these days
I opted against it. It just screamed fake to me even though I didn't want it to.

First was that the things there were pics of are extremely extremely rare. Like there is one in complete God Siguma on ebay that is up for 350. One sold in the last 90 days that was complete for like 700 or so.

Same thing with the R2D2 but to a lesser extent (like 350 or so).

Also the fact there was no house address. Just a street. That street has like 300 houses on it and goes on forever. So it would be a great time waster going up and down the street looking for any hint of the yardsale.

Just a couple things this week.

sv6m39.jpg

Pokemon guides (XD, Mystery Dungeon, Diamond & Pearl Pokedex) - $1 each

GBA SP charger & GBA wireless adapter - $1

:ds: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue & Pokemon Ranger - $5

:ds: White DS Lite in box (complete except it needs a stylus) - $8

PS1 MediEvil, Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy VIII - $1 each

Decent stuff, but I also lost a $5 bill (which was loose in my pocket) at some point between sales, which kinda soured the whole experience. :wall:

2digl1c.jpg

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Special Edition, Complete) - 2
Mega Man X6 (Complete) - 1
Pikachu GBA With 2 Games - 8
PS2 With Power Cord & Game Boy With Some GBA & GB Games - 13

GTA was 3 but took 2. The GBA was 15, offered 5 since it wouldn't turn on and ended up at 8. When I asked about video games at one sale the girl hinted at a Game Boy to which I figured when she checked with the other lady it was going to be sold, instead for some reason it was up on a shelf off to the side away from the rest of the stuff for sale all closed up in the Nuby case. I looked it over, no price and when I asked the lady was asking 3, I then offered 10 for the PS2 marked 20 and ended up with that also.

Non Find BS
Was out for about 3 1/2 hours and got to 21 sales Saturday. Pretty early on I was told about some "Playstation games" at a sale that I was going to skip as it was a repeat and just after that another yard saler who over heard me asking about video games told me about a box of what sounded like it could have been old cart games she saw closed up in a box at a good sized church sale that runs every year. It wasn't too far away so I made a special trip over to said church sale and combing the place over 2 or 3 times saw nothing of the likes, but did find the Mega Man X6 here. They had a few people taking money and I asked the one girl and even talked to a younger kid who helped bring some of this stuff out and neither knew what I was talking about so I'll never know if she (the lady that mentioned seeing these games) misunderstood and it wasn't something of interest to me or if somebody else snagged a hidden gem of old video games at said church sale or even if this lady was BSing me (I doubt it but can't rule it out completely). I doubled back to the sale that mentioned the Playstation games and while I was side tracked they were all sold. I wasn't told of anything I missed when asking about video games and for most expensive the sale I got GTA had a slim PS2 system for $40 and while not too crazy I did see a sale that had a few sealed Wii games that looked like they were picked up on clearance and never opened for $10 going no where fast.

Unless this is the way you're making a living, this a ll seems to be a bit excessive. I love games and I love treasure hunting, but they're not worth becoming a total early-birding douchebag over. I've seen those guys around, and they're everything I don't want to become. I do pretty well by getting to places on time (sometimes 10 minutes early), casually looking, and by making friendly small talk with sellers. I may not get the biggest scores, but I do well enough for myself and I don't feel like a jerk afterwards.

1zz2qg0.jpg
2cgzltf.jpg

2ag7sp1.jpg
20b0dxh.jpg

Everything In These 4 Pictures - $58

Everything was boxed up by system with no prices. When I asked N64 25, Genesis 20, SNES 20 & what was just the PSone system with no games 10. I offered 40 for everything but the PSone and the guy countered with 50 which I agreed on then he offered to add in the PSone for 5 more but he ended up adding it in for nothing extra as he wanted rid of it even when I didn't take his offer of 5 more for it. I asked about any other video games and he went in and grabbed the PS1 games and wanted 2 each. I offered 5 for 3 games which he took but then he said he rather be rid of them all and ended up offering to add in the last 6 games at .50 each to bring me up to $58 total. No manual for golf & the 2nd Pac-Mania but the rest of the Genesis games are complete and all of the PS1 games are complete expect the Spyro game which was added in for free since it was missing the game disk.

Non Find BS
Friday I went on my alternate route but only missed out on 4 Friday sales on my normal route in doing so. Saturday I got out just before 7:30 and went to a sale a block away from my place then started in the area I normally do and found all of this stuff out for sale at my second sale of the day at about 7:45 which was a ghost town since it was a Friday & Saturday sale. I was thinking but didn't ask as it was none of my business but I can't help but think that this stuff was just brought out Saturday and did not sit around all Friday. I was starting to think that I wasen't going to have any good sized finds this year such as this but lucked out in finding such on the last day of summer around the end of yard sale season.

[quote name="Dokstarr" post="11077188" timestamp="1379732523"]

What say you CAGs. Is it an obvious fake, person trying to unload their collection, or a gold mine for my taking?[/quote]

I should have checked here before going out.  That's only 10-15 minutes away from my house and pretty close to the route I took this past weekend.  Oh well.

My 2 year old and I hit about 15 or 16 sales and got some good deals.  I spent $21 total but the only video game related item was this:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Driving-Force-Wheel-PlayStation-2/dp/B00005NJZJ

It was in the lady's free pile so I asked her if it was really free.  She said yes and that it was for either the playstation or N64.  It had a USB plug so I thought PS1, maybe PS2. It turns out it's for the PS2, but it works great on the PS3 with GT5.  I have to try it on the PC too.  Not bad for free :)

On the non-video game front, I picked up a gallon bag of Lego for $2 and one of those large blue plastic bin sets for $5.  I also got a Rody and rocking base for $5.  It's basically a ride along toy, but the whole set goes for $90 brand new and it was in perfect condition.  My son loves it, so that made the whole trip worth it.  I also picked up a box full of the trackmaster Thomas trains and tracks for $5, Woody and Buzz toys for $1, a couple of those drug store die cast cars for $1, and a V-tech computer for $2.

I'm already losing track of when I bought stuff, but this lot I bought a couple of weeks ago for $70. I think I overpaid.

The sale advertised n64 and PS2 in their ad:

Star Wars guys $1 total

$1 for the whole box of cards. This has a full open box of topps heritage wrestling cards in it with all the inserts. There was even a Kane? Cain? (the undertaker's brother) game used card in there.

N64 box

N64 contents

This is the other stuff I cherry picked from them. I didn't negotiate hard because I was there way early and it was a kid. PSP 1001, etc

Super jealous of that Tactics Ogre, been hunting for that and Ogre Battle for years.  Nice finds everyone!

Also just noticed the complete Space Invaders 91.  Damn good finds.

Super jealous of that Tactics Ogre, been hunting for that and Ogre Battle for years. Nice finds everyone!
Same here...I've bought TWO on half.com and both times I had a problem.

1st time

Tactics Ogre : Atlus Software, Atlus USA, Ltd. (1998)

Condition: Acceptable

Item Price: US $3.98
Shipping: $3.25
Item Total: $7.23

They ended up sending me Quake 64 in its place

2nd time

gamequestdirect never sent it out

Tactics Ogre : Atlus Software, Atlus USA, Ltd. (1998)

Condition: Brand New

Price: $19.20

both were in 2007. They never sent it, never refunded my money. I had to open a dispute with half.com to get my money back, then they cancelled and said 'Cannot Ship the Product' (11 days later)

I've been hoping to find copies in the wild, but those type of games were not readily available around here and pretty much never show up at sales or stores.  Will probably have to go the Ebay rout to find complete copies.

2digl1c.jpg

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Special Edition, Complete) - 2
Mega Man X6 (Complete) - 1
Pikachu GBA With 2 Games - 8
PS2 With Power Cord & Game Boy With Some GBA & GB Games - 13

GTA was 3 but took 2. The GBA was 15, offered 5 since it wouldn't turn on and ended up at 8. When I asked about video games at one sale the girl hinted at a Game Boy to which I figured when she checked with the other lady it was going to be sold, instead for some reason it was up on a shelf off to the side away from the rest of the stuff for sale all closed up in the Nuby case. I looked it over, no price and when I asked the lady was asking 3, I then offered 10 for the PS2 marked 20 and ended up with that also.

Non Find BS
Was out for about 3 1/2 hours and got to 21 sales Saturday. Pretty early on I was told about some "Playstation games" at a sale that I was going to skip as it was a repeat and just after that another yard saler who over heard me asking about video games told me about a box of what sounded like it could have been old cart games she saw closed up in a box at a good sized church sale that runs every year. It wasn't too far away so I made a special trip over to said church sale and combing the place over 2 or 3 times saw nothing of the likes, but did find the Mega Man X6 here. They had a few people taking money and I asked the one girl and even talked to a younger kid who helped bring some of this stuff out and neither knew what I was talking about so I'll never know if she (the lady that mentioned seeing these games) misunderstood and it wasn't something of interest to me or if somebody else snagged a hidden gem of old video games at said church sale or even if this lady was BSing me (I doubt it but can't rule it out completely). I doubled back to the sale that mentioned the Playstation games and while I was side tracked they were all sold. I wasn't told of anything I missed when asking about video games and for most expensive the sale I got GTA had a slim PS2 system for $40 and while not too crazy I did see a sale that had a few sealed Wii games that looked like they were picked up on clearance and never opened for $10 going no where fast.
Goddammit I want that Pikachu Game Boy!!!!! I believe that's the only Pikachu themed system I don't have.

8-31-13 ish

Paid: $70 for this lot

Got a free zippo from marlboro, so I needed fluid.

Sealed puzzle, cheapest on amazon is $25. (I always buy sealed puzzles and games if they are a buck. Almost always pays off)

I was headed to another sale on the same street that advertised games. Someone had beat me to a gamecube at the other sale, so when I saw this I was shocked to still see it there. I'm sure the price scared people off, but some of the games are uncommon.

I cherry picked these games. They wanted $5 each, but I was able to bundle a little. LBP is sealed orther two are complete and in perfect shape. (grown women owned them, so their stuff was in nice shape)

NES box contents

:bouncy:

This isn't exactly a yard sale find, but it's pretty darn close. Since we don't have a local Craigslist (unless you count an hour away as local), we have a buy/sell/trade group on Facebook to serve the same purpose. There's also a call-in thing on the radio called Tradio, but this is a lot more convenient. Anyway, a woman posted an N64 with some controllers and games, so I jumped on it because I've been wanting an extra N64 and it's quite rare to find games up here in the mountains (stores don't even sell them).

201309pickups5.jpg

I'm not sure if it has all of the manuals, but aside from that, it appears to be complete with original packaging, which is in surprisingly good shape. The only issue is that the analog stick is wobbly (not sure if that's easy to fix), but the other two controllers (MadCatz and Yobo) are in perfect shape. It also has the expansion pack (currently in the console), a memory card, and a rumble pack. The latter two are Performance brand. The games aren't great, but I'm happy about Donkey Kong 64 because I've actually never played it. The silver controller is a Polaroid AGM-0150 with 15 games. On the drive home, I was looking at the Polaroid manual and noticed that it has a Conker's Bad Fur Day code written on the back of it, so I have since e-mailed the woman to ask her to let me know if she comes across it.

For this entire bundle, she was asking for $50, but I was able to talk her down to $40. I know it doesn't compare to some of the deals you guys get, but it's a steal for my area and I'm quite pleased with my haul.

There have been some awesome finds this year! I haven't had a lot of time to post but here are a couple of my highlights over the past month:

8-17-13

9546902388_0280004860_z.jpg

This was a huge fine! I ended up finding this sale as it opened and bought 5 boxes of toys for $6. Included in this were the following items:

Batmobile
Batwing
star wars figures
Giga Pets
2XL Robot
Pokemon Pinball
Game Boy Printer
50-60 Tomy Pokemon figures
Turbo Rangers Morpher
Beetleborgs Morpher
Astro Morpher
Turbo Man
Tiger Pokedex

I already threw away a ton of broken/mcdonalds toys out of the lot as well as my wife was irritated at the giant mess I had working in the kitchen floor. Anyway, lots of good stuff here!

9-6-13:

9717424928_f7d559550b_z.jpg

This was a sale of pure luck as it hadn't started yet. I was driving home when I remembered seeing a sign for this sale in the earlier morning on my way to work. I checked it out since it was on my way home and say they were setup. I asked if they were still open and he said they hadn't started yet as they had the signed out for Saturday morning. He welcomed me to look around though and I asked if he had any games. He said they had an Xbox on a table that I saw earlier and asked if I was interested in some Wii stuff. I said sure and he brought out a huge bag. After some haggling back and forth we came to $30 for everything (which included a ladderball set not pictured). Here's the entire contents of items purchased:

Wii system
Wii remote 
Wii nunchuck (x2)
Wii Charge station
Wii power + A/V
Bunch of Wii remote add ons
Wii Guitar
Wii Guitar Hero Microphone
Wii Balance Board (not pictured)
Jillian Michael's 2009 (Wii)
Shrek the Third (Wii)
Madden 09 All Play (Wii)
Garnival Game (Wii)
Guitar Hero World Tour (Wii)
Wii Play (Wii)
Wii Fit (Wii)
Hooked (Wii)
EA Active (Wii)
EA Active More Workouts (Wii)
Xbox system
XBOX Power + A/V
Logitech Wireless controller (x2)
Pocket Bike Racer (Xbox)
DDR Ultramix 4 (Xbox)
NBA Ballers (Xbox)
Spongebob Squarepant Battle for Bikini Bottom (Xbox)
Cars (Xbox)
MVP 2004 (Xbox)
Rally Fusion (Xbox)
Spiderman (Xbox)
Crimson Skies (Xbox)
AMF Bowling (Xbox)
Crash Nitro Cart (Xbox)
Shrek (Xbox)
Project Gotham Racing 2 (Xbox)
Ladderball Set (not pictured)

Quite the haul!

Kudos on the 2-XL! That was one of my favorite toys as a kid and I've been trying to remember where he's at so I can put him up with my old Teddy Ruxpin. And interestingly, I just went through a box the other day and it had several of those Pokémon toys (along with a couple of the balls) and that 101 Dalmations Tamagatchi.

I have the original 2XL...he plays 8 tracks. And NO, I am not joking. I am just old (technically it was my older brothers), but we still have it in the box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icqHuRDjGRU

bread's done
Back