2014 Thrift Store Thread - Post your finds here!

So this was my first time going to a savers store. Saw many ps2 sport games and 2 ps1 console. There was no blu ray movies, but got the following:

Lawrence of Arabia limited edition DVD
Taxi driver blu ray fold out box only DVD inside
House season 6 DVD

$1.99 each DVD + 25% off. The two is going to mom and since I love house and so dirt cheap, I picked it up.

I found a wii balance board for $1.99? It doesn't look bad and will clean it up. Is this wireless? I see a battery cover. Also, what is the difference between wii fit and wii fit plus?

Any tips on a good wii sensor?

So this was my first time going to a savers store. Saw many ps2 sport games and 2 ps1 console. There was no blu ray movies, but got the following:

Lawrence of Arabia limited edition DVD
Taxi driver blu ray fold out box only DVD inside
House season 6 DVD

$1.99 each DVD + 25% off. The two is going to mom and since I love house and so dirt cheap, I picked it up.

I found a wii balance board for $1.99? It doesn't look bad and will clean it up. Is this wireless? I see a battery cover. Also, what is the difference between wii fit and wii fit plus?

Any tips on a good wii sensor?
Yep, it's wireless. The only other thing it came with in box, that I can recall, is the four foot spacers that are for use on thick carpet. Wii Fit Plus is the later version that has a ton more content; workouts, games, etc.

I saw a Wii Balance Board for $6 today but Ive got 2 already. Also saw plenty of sports games, take your pick (SNES, Genesis, Xbox, PS1, PS2), a $50 as is Xbox 360 Core model that "doesnt read discs", and some sealed DS/Wii shovelware in the glasscase. 

Ended up grabbing this though, I think this GW is trying to redeem itself with me. 4 outta 4 trips have produced finds. 

Yep, it's wireless. The only other thing it came with in box, that I can recall, is the four foot spacers that are for use on thick carpet. Wii Fit Plus is the later version that has a ton more content; workouts, games, etc.
Forgot to add, I saw gamecube bongos but they had it priced at $19.99.

wtf? I would have got it if it was cheap.

Only goodwill find was what I believe is a complete Black and White Deluxe Pc game. Never heard of this game and it was only $2 so why the hell not.

Also found Need for speed hot pursuit PS1 and Atlantis the Lost Empire PS1 all for $2 each, was going to buy but the discs were scratched badly. Was damn near close to buying anyway since it was complete and I've been looking for PS1 games for the collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pumped, turns out theirs a 2nd savers opening about 10 miles from the one I go to. I'll probably have to add it to my thrift store rounds once it opens, I don't really like driving out that way completely though as it's right on the edge of the city but for all the luck I've had at the one savers I go to I can't not go.

Also turns out if I had my enhanced licence theirs two Value Villages right across the border but I can't be bothered to get that for some reason lol.

I talked to this lady at a thrift store Saturday and asked if she had any video game stuff? She said they had received an xbox in storage and would bring it out for me. Today she dropped a box of at work with a bunch of stuff in it and told me I could have it. Will try to comb through it later

JgfB2VU.jpg

I talked to this lady at a thrift store Saturday and asked if she had any video game stuff? She said they had received an xbox in storage and would bring it out for me. Today she dropped a box of at work with a bunch of stuff in it and told me I could have it. Will try to comb through it later
If you got that all for free, you can't beat that even if nothing works in there.

Vacation is close to over and I decided to go thrifting the last few times I have-

Salvation Army: Nothing, but did see a lot of ps1 games priced at $5-$8 and were all taped together making it extremely hard to see If the games were scratched or not. Lady at counter essentially said fuck it and told me to open them myself if I wanted to buy, ended up passing.

Random Thrift Stores: Absoutley nothing

Savers: Found a game genie for the nes, but I don't know anything about it and wasn't sure if worked so passed.

Goodwill: Bought Star Wars Republic Commando and Psychonauts Xbox for $4 each.

Not the best day, but maybe tommarow will be better!

Got an NTSC-J CoolBoarders 2 "Killing Session" disc only today for 1$.

Also got the complete series of Wacky Races for 5$ at Goodwill.

Alright so the orginal xbox works but seems to have a busted drive. What I'll do is temporarily swap the drive from my good xbox. Softmod it, stick a bigger hard drive in that I have laying around and then copy some games to it. WIll probably end up giving it to a friend. I couldn't check the 360 since she gave me the wrong power supply. I wonder if I can take it to gamestop and have them test it for me

Found a decent stack of games today at my GW. Each of these were 2.99.

This one I was amazed to find!

Nice find on that one man. Found that game earlier in the year at a yard sale, actually didn't know how rare it was. I did sell it as I am not a big TMNT fan and it really wasn't that fun of a game for me. Did get Metal Storm and Dragon Warrior 3 instead with that money though so not all was lost.

Snagged Mario Kart 8 and Pikmin 3 for $15 each at my local goodwill. Kinda sucks that I just missed the free game promo for MK, but whatevs. Still way under market.

Went to both Savers and Goodwill and got the following:
Resident Evil Outbreak Black Label (Complete)- $2.49
Resident Evil Code Veronica Black Label ps2 (Complete)- $2.49
Sega Genesis True Lies (Complete)- $1.39

Also found shadow of the colossus greatest hit version, but it was missing the manual so I decided to leave for another time maybe.

I have that same stick. Its nice and a bit in demand.
Awesome. Do you know this stick works with PS3 via a PS1/PS2 to USB adapter? I'm too lazy to drive down to my parent's house and dig out my PS1/PS2 just to test it out if it works. GW has a 7 days return policy.

Picked up a Cisco Aironet 1200 access point for $1.99.  Now I get to figure out how to use this thing.

I've had no luck lately. Last thing I found was a Plugable USB Displylink, but since it didn't have a price tag on it, they couldn't sell it and it had to be sent back to be repriced. I've been back the past two days and either it came out and was sold or it just got tossed out.

My GW has gone to shit since the new district manager took over. That same day, one of their employees was checking out and had a full cart of all kinds of shit, a bigger Walking Dead box (not sure what it was though) and other good-looking stuff. He was in his work clothes, so they must have changed their rules, as employees aren't allowed to shop on their day off; and who wears their work clothes on their day off? I have a feeling they're letting employees cherry pick now.
I talked to a current GW employee (older gentlemen) he said employees aren't allowed to shop at their own store. It might depend on DM I guess. Ha, if I worked there I would do the same thing. Probably the only perks the employees get since they work at Goodwill

Exactly what I was thinking after I saw that tag, guess it was my lucky day.

More Goodwill Finds Today

Complete:

Rocket Power: Team Rocket Rescue - PS1 - 2$
Namco Museum Volume 1. (N) - PS1 - 2$
Destroy All Humans - PS2 - 3.80$
Popcap Hits Vol. 1 - PS2 - 3$
Ed Edd n Eddy - PS2 - 2.80$
Downhill Domination - PS2 - 3$
Patapon - PSP - 3.80$

Disc Only (All 2$)

Manhunt 2 - PS2
Aqua Aqua - PS2
Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasai - PS1
Monster's Inc Scream Team - PS1
Fable - Xbox
NFL Street 2 - Xbox
Mad Rush Racing - Xbox
Kung Fu Chaos - Xbox

Also went to Game Crazy to see what it was like (Hadn't been in years.), was still a really cool store, with really good pricing. Picked up ManHunt for PS2 for 5$ Complete, they actually had Operation Genesis on PS2 for 40$ Disc Only, really would've considered it if I didn't already have a copy.
Wow, GameCrazy I haven't heard that name in years. Ha, the stuff that use to come in back in my day would make you guys go crazy. Lol

Wow, GameCrazy I haven't heard that name in years. Ha, the stuff that use to come in back in my day would make you guys go crazy. Lol
I actually drove by the store about a week after I bought that game, and it was gone, so I'm guessing you probably won't hear much about them again.

Was actually really crazy, the shelves were packed full when I was in there and there was zero sign they were closing.

I got lucky for the first time in a while at goodwill last night. Found 2x Smash Bros 64, 2x Super Mario 64, and Mario Tennis 64 for $2.99 each :).

I talked to a current GW employee (older gentlemen) he said employees aren't allowed to shop at their own store. It might depend on DM I guess. Ha, if I worked there I would do the same thing. Probably the only perks the employees get since they work at Goodwill
Goodwills are regional, so unless you live in the Pittsburgh area, it's entirely different for you.

I live at the edge of three Goodwill regions, and, outside of the name, each region's stores are completely different.

One gets merchandise from Target, prices everything individually (each book/movie/cd is priced differently), has colored price stickers, and has weekly sale colors where one is 50% off and another is $1.50 (used to be $1 until about a month or two ago) but no senior/student/military discount.

The next gets merchandise from Target, has flat prices on just about everything, doesn't even have price stickers (they actually use sharpie on anything that isn't a flat price, like electronics), and usually does monthly sales on donated merchandise with senior/student/military discount.

The third does not get merchandise from Target, has flat prices on mostly everything, uses price stickers on everything even the flat priced stuff, and never does sales (I assume this is because this region has an outlet store in it, if the other two has one, I can't find it to save my life) but has a senior/student/military discount.

Last day before vacation ends and ended up getting 2 ps2 1st party controllers (emerald and ocean blue) for $3 each, been looking for more spare working ps2 controllers and I am indeed happy.

I just had my score of a life time at a goodwill in Van Nuys, Ca. I found a lot of CDI games for a dollar each. The rarest game is Link the faces of evil. I never thought I would ever be a guy to find any rare retro games in a thrift store. Especially living in Los Angeles.

I just had my score of a life time at a goodwill in Van Nuys, Ca. I found a lot of CDI games for a dollar each. The rarest game is Link the faces of evil. I never thought I would ever be a guy to find any rare retro games in a thrift store. Especially living in Los Angeles.
Can't believe you scored a Zelda CDi game at a thrift store - congrats!

My Goodwill stores only charge $0.49 per CD/DVD/Record/Game. That should be awesome, but it just means things fly off the shelves the minute they go out. My best finds recently were Mario Sunshine and DBZ Tenkaichi Tag Team. I also scored an original THX 1138 Laserdisc today, which was kind of neat.

20140817_144657.jpg

No garage sailin this week, since I had to work this saturday and sunday rained a bit, all online groups, craigslist or thrift finds. 

http://youtu.be/hopuEn_OMn8  

I would say $75 is high for a thrift store but Zelda is $35-$40, Lufia 2 is $50-$60, Rainbow Islands is about $25 like you said, and MetalStorm is $40-$60. 

Scored me Dark Souls II CE guide for $4.36 at Savers.

20140814_221535.jpg

Also saw GBC NSYNC and VIP starring Pamela Anderson; all new/sealed.

20140814_194721.jpg
I got the wife that NSync game as a gag gift for her birthday a couple years back for .99 plus shipping new... took me over a year to sell it to someone else on there for .99.. hope you didnt pay too much for it

Wow.  Another score I thought I would never find at my local Salvation Army:

-TWO Nintendo Game Boys (both complete with battery covers)

-One of the Game Boys came with the original box (complete with all pamphlets) - box SN matches with Game Boy!

-Game Boy battery

-3 clean games - Tetris, Sword of Hope, and Castlevania II Belmont's Revenge!

Came in 2 bundles - Bundle 1 was Game Boy on left, battery, and 3 games.  Price?  $5!  Unreal.  Bundle 2 was just the Game Boy, original box, and pamphlets.  Price?  $15!  Wasn't going to buy Bundle 2 but Salvation Army manager was like, "Why would the warehouse make the bundle without games $15 but the other bundle with games for $5?  I'll let you have both bundles for $10."

Yes please!  Both Game Boys are complete, super clean (no discoloration), work when turned on, and all battery contacts are clean (no corrosion).  Game Boy from Bundle 1 has some minor scratches on the screen (along with the price sticker) but no gouges.  Game Boy from Bundle 2 is near brand new.  Screen is flawless.  Super surprised with this find.

Gameboy.jpg

Pretty happy with my find today.

.hack//sign Complete Collection (just missing the slip cover)

Witch Hunter Robin Complete Collection

Both from a Goodwill that does flat prices ($3) on DVDs. :D  (@masa, I hope you didn't make a run out 19 today. :p)

Also grabbed a disc only copy of The Wheel of Time pc game that I've been wanting for a while for $3 from a independent second hand store in my area.

I would say $75 is high for a thrift store but Zelda is $35-$40, Lufia 2 is $50-$60, Rainbow Islands is about $25 like you said, and MetalStorm is $40-$60.
Yeah it's definitely the most i've spent in a thrift for only 4 games, but figured these games were worth it, especially with me having the box and manual for zelda, and me collecting snes stuff, and lufia 2 and chrono trigger being the last of the big rpg's i still need to find

Went to a Goodwill store in the next town over I hadn't been in before.

Store was honestly dirty. Had some misc dvds in a locked glass case with basically new prices on them and they were in poor shape.

The real kicker? Some old Power Rangers toys in dust covered water damaged heat damaged yellowed packing in a bigger box that was also gross with a hand written sign saying "THESE ARE LISTED ON TOYWIZ FOR $300. OUR PRICE IS $250 NON-NEGOTIABLE!" Wow what a bargain!

Also went to Game Crazy to see what it was like (Hadn't been in years.), was still a really cool store, with really good pricing. Picked up ManHunt for PS2 for 5$ Complete, they actually had Operation Genesis on PS2 for 40$ Disc Only, really would've considered it if I didn't already have a copy.
..wait, what?

Hit a Goodwill last night and bought:

DJ Hero wireless controller (X360) - $5

FIFA 2010 World Cup (PS3) - $4

I haven't tested either of them so far, and I don't feel like FIFA was a real great deal, but considering DJ Hero games are cheap as hell now, if that controller works, I'm ok with that investment.

Little thrift store- nuttin

GW1- Tetris ($3). Passed on PS2 sports and some kiddy GBA games. 

GW2- Hogans Alley and Marble Madness ($4 each), Dr Mario ($6), Mafia (complete with minty map, $3), and the Gamecube screen with car adapter ($12.50, "half off green sticker housewares".....its an Electronic but ok!). Passed on 2 Wiis, sports N64 games, 2 Super Mario Bros cartridges, and another Tetris since I just bought 1, some random Wii/PS3/360 games I didnt need. 

Little thrift store2- complete Resident Evil Code: Veronica X 5th Anniversary Edition with Devil May Cry demo disc ($3)

Finally got to check out Community Aid in Selinsgrove, PA today which is supposedly one of the biggest thrift stores in the US (it used to be a Value City)

Saw quite a few various PC games mixed in with CDs and DVDs, but nothing that caught my eye. Went up front and they had Nascar 2000 for the N64 for $6 (which would've been $3, but I passed) and a copy of Atari Baseball with a price I couldn't see. Oh and at least 4 PS2 Konami dance mats and two PS2 High School Musical dance mats too (I think they were all $3.99). Passed on those too as I got a pair of PS2 dance mats at a yard sale for free.

Anyway, I ended up just picking up a copy of WCW/nWo Superstar Series: Sting Unmasked VHS tape for 50 cents for myself. I also found my sister a Level Up brand Nintendo DS storage tray for $2 (apparently they're only like $5-ish on amazon new). Oh and I found my dad a vintage 12 oz. Aladdin travel coffee mug for 50 cents as well. They can be hard to come by, so I pick him them up whenever I can find them.

CNQlh8R.jpg

Bought: BRAND NEW/UNOPENED BOX Xbox 360 Dance Dance Revolution Universe for $16.30

Did not buy:

NES games (over 50+) like Double Dragon II, TMNT, Metroid, Castlevania II Simon's Quest, Super Mario 1&2, Punch-Out!, Gradius for $3.99 each.

xsggmG2.jpg
pPwNSox.jpg

I almost also bought  this Bowen Designs Magneto Marvel Comics X-Men Statue at a local thrift shop for $150 w/o tax.

WhI20oK.jpg

bread's done
Back