2014 Yardsale thread

Ya, I mostly struck out today as well. My only gaming buy of the day:

Game Gear with boxed battery pack, Sonic 2 and Wheel of Fortune: $5.00

Nothing special at all but they said it worked, and it does. The sound is quiet but still there and the screen is great. The screen went out on mine a few months ago so I actually needed one, and I'm glad it works.

Besides that, the only things I saw were Wii shovelware, a copy of Chrono Cross ($3.00, not bad but low resell and I definitely don't need it), and a bunch of original Xbox games for $5.00 apiece. (a few I actually kind of wanted... but not for that price).

I had one guy when I pulled up they were emptying a giant trailer from a storage unit they got rid of, said they were just starting to go through but he knew they had games ("the old ones on the tapes")and to come back in about 2 hours. I did so and there were no games to be found, that guy was nowhere to be found, and no one who was still there knew anything about games. Meh.

I did do pretty well with a lot of records I grabbed though. Grabbed 9 records for $10.00 at a sale including Zeppelin II, III, and IV. (III has the spinner wheel, seems to sell for around $20.00 online so that's solid).

Hi. Is rock band 2 game with guitar , drum, mic set for $25 a good but? It's for xbox 360.
Yes. I bought a full RB2 set last summer for $20 and sold it on eBay for $120 4 weeks ago. I had to pay for shipping but still made a great profit. They are worth more than RB1 stuff because they are better quality, for example the drum set being more quiet.

Edit: Oh you said RB2 game. If the instruments are from RB1 don't bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on the Genesis games. Just got home from work and had the time to look at everything. Doom Troopers is not the only game sealed....

YXGMywo.jpg

GcsUOXI.jpg

I had an exceptional day today. I bought 3 systems that I have never owned at 3 different sales (one common, two somewhat rare).

Got a free PS2 and an ipod (not sure what model as I have never used an ipod before-That is how much of a hipster I am. haha). I barely beat my competition to a nice gamecube lot today. I missed out on some $4 DS games, but I am not too concerned about those.

I plan to do a full week of daily posts to (hopefully) catch up next month.

I'm going to pitchfork next weekend to see my namesake (slowdive) reunite for the first time in 20 years in the US. I've seen other incarnations of the band (Mojave 3) and met the two main people, but I never thought I would see them play as slowdive.

Slowdive, just tell us the systems now and bring the photos later! Crossing my fingers that one was a 3DO, that's one of the only consoles I haven't found in the wild.

Found some good games today, including a couple of Mareio titles lol. $25.00 for each bondle, thank goodness  everything worked! Too bad some of the SNES games had some bad labels :(

[attachment=6533:gaamez.jpeg]

[attachment=6534:IMG_7063.jpeg]

Nice scores, especially that second lot. I haven't seen a GB Pokemon game for over a year now. And SSBM is pretty much at an all-time high in terms of value - unsurprising considering the hype machine for the next game in full swing.

I've about had it with people and their damn yard sale signs...floppy sign with just an address on it in the middle of a huge ass intersection, yeah sorry I don't have every street memorized, I don't know where your damn street is, a simple "yard sale" with a fu*king arrow would have worked, jesus! Oh hold on let me just stop in the middle of the busy street and type your address into my GPS! Or how about the signs that are the size of an index card with the tiniest letters possible. Good lord what goes through these people's heads? Who looks at these illegible microscopic signs and says "yeah! that will work!" ?!?! Or you follow an arrow and it just keeps going and going then the road forks into 3 other streets and they don't bother to put any more signs up. Yall gonna make me lose my DAMN mind up in here! 

yeah except half of them are from yard sales they had 2 weeks ago and they're too damn lazy to take the sign down so you're driving all over looking for nothing

Yes. I bought a full RB2 set last summer for $20 and sold it on eBay for $120 4 weeks ago. I had to pay for shipping but still made a great profit. They are worth more than RB1 stuff because they are better quality, for example the drum set being more quiet.

Edit: Oh you said RB2 game. If the instruments are from RB1 don't bother.
how do i know the difference between RB1 set and RB2 set?

I've about had it with people and their damn yard sale signs...floppy sign with just an address on it in the middle of a huge ass intersection, yeah sorry I don't have every street memorized, I don't know where your damn street is, a simple "yard sale" with a fu*king arrow would have worked, jesus! Oh hold on let me just stop in the middle of the busy street and type your address into my GPS! Or how about the signs that are the size of an index card with the tiniest letters possible. Good lord what goes through these people's heads? Who looks at these illegible microscopic signs and says "yeah! that will work!" ?!?! Or you follow an arrow and it just keeps going and going then the road forks into 3 other streets and they don't bother to put any more signs up. Yall gonna make me lose my DAMN mind up in here!
I love when they write an essay on an 8x11 sheet and staple it to a phone pole at a busy intersection. With one staple. It then curls up and you can't even attempt to read their 200 word yard sale manifesto.

Hit up half a dozen or so not far from my house.

Picked up Honeycomb Beat on the DS (complete) for $1. Looks like that's about what it's worth.

That yardsale had 5 other DS games CIB for $1 each as well, but all were girly stuff like Imagine Fashion Designer so I passed. Only other games I saw were 5 PS2 games. 4 at one sale with no prices and three were kiddy stuff and the other was Red Faction. The other was a random NCAA football game. (Ever since the Penn State scandal it seems, everyone around here has been dumping their 17 copies of NCAA football games)

My most fun was the walk there. I saw a woman jogging up the road (no sidewalks, just a 3-ish foot berm). Now she was on the right side of the road for traffic (against it), but it happened to be the 3rd of the mile between my house and the turn I needed to make, so I wasn't about to cross over. So instead, I walked on the white line of the road. She looked a bit upset (possibly also due to me smoking) So I immediately did what I thought only appropriate and stared at her fantastic funbags in her jogging bra/top.

I need to go through and document everything I picked up today, but I want to leave you with this teaser:

Complete-in-box Bubble Bobble Part 2 for NES for $1.

$10 for these 4 games. 

$2 each Blu-rays. Both are sealed with slipcovers.

IMG_2127.jpg

$15 for this Genesis lot + :gba: Pokemon Leaf Green. All the games are complete with manual except Ecco & Street Fighter II.

IMG_2130.jpg

$20 for this Naruto manga lot. I'm not the biggest fan of this series, but part 1 is pretty good and 22 volumes of manga for under $1 each isn't something I can turn down.

IMG_2128.jpg

And finally, I paid $.50 for this Jan 2006 Shonen Jump magazine. I had a digital subscription to SJ last year so I knew they came with Yu-Gi-Oh cards, but when I saw "This card inside" on the cover I never thought it'd actually be in there. And yet...
IMG_2129.jpg

Ha! Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. It's not as valuable as I'd hoped but still a pretty neat find.

$10 for these 4 games.

$2 each Blu-rays. Both are sealed with slipcovers.

IMG_2127.jpg

$15 for this Genesis lot + :gba: Pokemon Leaf Green. All the games are complete with manual except Ecco & Street Fighter II.

IMG_2130.jpg

$20 for this Naruto manga lot. I'm not the biggest fan of this series, but part 1 is pretty good and 22 volumes of manga for under $1 each isn't something I can turn down.

IMG_2128.jpg

And finally, I paid $.50 for this Jan 2006 Shonen Jump magazine. I had a digital subscription to SJ last year so I knew they came with Yu-Gi-Oh cards, but when I saw "This card inside" on the cover I never thought it'd actually be in there. And yet...
IMG_2129.jpg

Ha! Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. It's not as valuable as I'd hoped but still a pretty neat find.
I still have my yugioh cards.

if the drums are black then it's RB2. If the guitar has a dark brown fret bar it's RB2.
I pickup the rockband 2 set for $25. The drum on top cover is black. The guitar is black and dark brown on the bar when hitting the key notes? Is that what u were talking about? The only thing missing was the pedal. She will look for it and let me know.

I picked up a jack lalanne juicer for $20 brand new

http://www.target.com/p/jack-lalanne-juicer/-/A-654521?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=654521&CPNG=Appliances&kpid=654521&LID=3pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=654521&gclid=CJ6fv5KzwL8CFW4Q7Aodhm0Anw

I got a gameboy color batman return of the joker and a wireless adapter for free.????

I got a white wii (the one that can play gamecube) for $15. The guy wanted $25, but talk him down to $15 since it was missing the sensor bar and the component cable. There was a women ahead of me looking in a box mixed with dvd and 3 wii games. Zelda TP, Mario Galaxy 1, and a something pms 2008.

I asked if he had any games and he brought out a wii. The wiii looks barely used like no scratches either it was sitting collecting dust or sitting in the wii box, which he threw away. Sadly, he sold the 3 wii games for $3 a piece. When I got home to test it, it works find and zelda TP was inside. I already have a OEM sealed copy, so now i can keep it sealed.

I know my post isnt that great from these yardsales and Im still learning the game. Any feedback of if i paid too much, did i make a mistake trusting the lady about the rockband missing part, etc. Any feedback is welcome.

Not a bad start today in yardsales......

Pretty decent day, at least for me anyways.

Donkey Kong Country Returns $2 bucks (one block away from me, first find of the day) complete with manuals and club nintendo codes, no scratches whatsoever

Halo 3 Special Edition 360 with HDMI, no cords, no hard drive, was told it didn't work, but it has no apparent physical damage and it hasn't been opened, so it might be repairable - got it for $2 bucks

A 2gb Ipod Nano, guy said he was unsure if it worked, but it was 50 cents, there's a minor dent in the middle (not the screen) and he was charging 7.50 for two of the docks, so it probably doesn't work, but I've learned that I shouldn't discount "probably doesn't work" items if they're dirt cheap, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten that sweet 24" LG HD LCD monitor with HDMI for 3 bucks (different sale, a while back).  No cord to test it with, but I'm sure I could find one if I tried.

Oh and some lady was selling a 3ds XL charger for a buck, got it for 50 cents, nice deal if I ever lose mine, or can just use that whenever I go somewhere and leave my original in the outlet.

I pickup the rockband 2 set for $25. The drum on top cover is black. The guitar is black and dark brown on the bar when hitting the key notes? Is that what u were talking about? The only thing missing was the pedal. She will look for it and let me know.

I picked up a jack lalanne juicer for $20 brand new

http://www.target.com/p/jack-lalanne-juicer/-/A-654521?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=654521&CPNG=Appliances&kpid=654521&LID=3pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=654521&gclid=CJ6fv5KzwL8CFW4Q7Aodhm0Anw

I got a gameboy color batman return of the joker and a wireless adapter for free.????

I got a white wii (the one that can play gamecube) for $15. The guy wanted $25, but talk him down to $15 since it was missing the sensor bar and the component cable. There was a women ahead of me looking in a box mixed with dvd and 3 wii games. Zelda TP, Mario Galaxy 1, and a something pms 2008.

I asked if he had any games and he brought out a wii. The wiii looks barely used like no scratches either it was sitting collecting dust or sitting in the wii box, which he threw away. Sadly, he sold the 3 wii games for $3 a piece. When I got home to test it, it works find and zelda TP was inside. I already have a OEM sealed copy, so now i can keep it sealed.

I know my post isnt that great from these yardsales and Im still learning the game. Any feedback of if i paid too much, did i make a mistake trusting the lady about the rockband missing part, etc. Any feedback is welcome.

Not a bad start today in yardsales......
Should be Rock Band 2. I think RB3 was only sold as a game. I don't remember the instruments being any different. Congrats.

I always thought the Halo 3 Xbox 360 looked cool. I used to have one before I traded it for a slim. Bought it on CL for $30. Guy told me it had trouble readings discs but all my scratch-less games work perfectly on it.

I hope there's a Halo themed Xbox One soon...

I always thought the Halo 3 Xbox 360 looked cool. I used to have one before I traded it for a slim. Bought it on CL for $30. Guy told me it had trouble readings discs but all my scratch-less games work perfectly on it.

I hope there's a Halo themed Xbox One soon...
Yeah, online pictures of it look pretty ugly, but in person, it's a really nice looking console.

Lil score, few sales...

Not cheap but -

GCube with minty Super Smash and Windwalker

PS1 minty Alundra & Wild Arms

N64 with expansion & Zelda Ocarina great shape

$45

Pretty weak day. Barely any sales out.

Laser Level - $2

- was still sealed in the plastic. I don't know if it is a good one or if it is junk, but will find out.

Ti-85 -$1

- sadly not as good as a 83 or 89, but I'll hold on to it until late August and then list it up

Baby monitor - 25 cents

- complete in the box but appears to be like 20 years old, for 25 cents thought I'd take the chance and see if my mom can use it when my niece is over

$15 - pretty nice bookshelf

$3 Left 4 Dead 2 for 360

$20 - 20 DS and a few PS2 games (harry potters - some sealed)

- advertised games, got there 15 minutes early and I'm guessing the good games were gone since they said the boys games went quick. there were a few that looked maybe decent left like Monkey Ball and a bunch of girls games. A few games were also still sealed.

At this point I decided to drive over to the downtown hipster area for a yardsale starting at 11. I got there 15 minutes early and was told nobody allowed on the property until 11 am. By that time 18 people were outside waiting to get in. Some old man ran in first and dived ontop of the Nintendo 64 muttering about how his grand kids love Nintendo. He then started getting camera stuff and a bunch of other stuff too. Luckily he was just buying to resell without knowing too much, so I was able to get some good PS2/PS1 games for about 2 or 3 dollars each. Katamari Damacy, Damacy Forever, Nocturne, bust-a-move 2, Battle Front 2, and a few others. Also a vibrating Star Trek Tribble for $3

Some other guy who lived next door wanted to know if he could then bring some stuff to their sale. I heard him say SNES so I jumped in and said I'd check it out. I got a SNES, 12 games, a few Xbox games and DVDs for 35 dollars. When I saw a bag of SNES games I got really excited but aside from the Mario Kart and Zelda they were pretty much all sports (but at least NBA Jam was in there).

I wanted to get some manga I saw but two large girls were shoulder blocking the entire box as they scanned each one to look at amazon prices and they scooped up the ones I wanted (probably to eat).

These hipster sales are rough. You get a few younger people (usually with scanners) and then a huge collection of old hippies/resellers who are out in force. I recognize the old man from every sale I've ever been to in that area. He was unhappy last year when I bought a guys collection of Turtle action figures - he said he grand kids love Ninja Turtles.

So all in all - I try to stay out of that area because it stresses me out. I hate yardsales that are jam packed shoulder to shoulder with people and you have to like literally run and dive on stuff. It just sucks, even though I got some decent stuff.

On the way home I happened to see a box sitting out on the sidewalk and swore I saw a gun-con sticking out of it. Parked and ran over and it was a PS1, 4 controllers, 2 gun-cons, Dino Crisis demo disc and a New Wave Hits Volume 1 (3 CDs). The CD was probably my favorite part. It was pretty funny because there was no yardsale at that house or anything like that today (I lknow, I went to yardsale there like a month ago).

The only thing I got was a 25 cent copy of time splitters for the ps2 and metropolis mania for the ps2 for a dollar. This was after talking the lady down to a quarter for the time splitters from $5 (yes it was disc only) and to $1 from $8 for the metropolis game.. Which she tried to get me to believe it was brand new even though it was clearly opened and very scratched and used.. Something is better than nothing here though

Alrighty! Today started out really rocky but finished with a bang!

First sale I hit advertised games, but they only had a DS veterinary game out. Asked about games and the woman mentioned she was waiting on her son to come sort them out. Left my card and went on my way.

Second was supposed to be a big score. Lots of old school systems, a modded Saturn, etc., that I had learned about by e-mailing. I get there and don't see a lot so I ask, turns out a local retro game store had come by Friday and bought everything up. The guy points out a few more things that in retrospect I should have at least asked about (a box for Castlevania Circle of the Moon), but at that point I just didn't want to deal.

Drove back to Baltimore, cursing all the way. Hit up a sale advertising Sega but somebody had apparently come by already. Asked the seller and he brought a 360 Elite, an NES with no cords, and a Model 1 Genesis with a Sega CD. Got it all for $80, with the Sega CD going into my collection and the rest going to MAGFest.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24350]

Hit a few more sales, but didn't find anything besides a 360 power brick (the woman there mentioned that all of the video games had gone early). Hit up another and chatted about a guy who's planning to attend MAGFest and has some retro systems in storage, so we exchanged info before I left.

I drove by a sale with two little old ladies sitting out and decided to hit it up, and boy am I glad I did. I asked about games and the one woman brought out a giant box of games, most CiB. Then she brought out an Atari 7800 and games. Highlights include CiB Demon's Crest, CiB Mega Man X, loose Ducktales, Mega Man with the box, CiB DKC, CiB Mario Edutainment games, CiB Super Mario Bros 2, and CIB BUBBLE BOBBLE PART 2. It's all in pristine condition, and she apparently has another box somewhere, too. I$60 for everything below and she took it, so  yeah, I'm a very happy camper. :)

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24342]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24343]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24344]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24345]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24346]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24347]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24348]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24349]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24351]

Hit a couple more sales on my way hope, but nothing really worth mentioning. Nothing could really top that last lot anyway.

Nothing major but any game I can pick up for $1 I am pretty happy with.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed (PSP) $1

Dungeon Siege Legends Of Aranna (PC) $1

Icewind Dale II (PC) $1

Also grabbed A Han Solo figure in box and a Gian Speeder playset for $13 for both. I thought they were worth more but after looking them up on ebay I will only make a few dollars but any profit is good profit...:)

Alrighty! Today started out really rocky but finished with a bang!

First sale I hit advertised games, but they only had a DS veterinary game out. Asked about games and the woman mentioned she was waiting on her son to come sort them out. Left my card and went on my way.

Second was supposed to be a big score. Lots of old school systems, a modded Saturn, etc., that I had learned about by e-mailing. I get there and don't see a lot so I ask, turns out a local retro game store had come by Friday and bought everything up. The guy points out a few more things that in retrospect I should have at least asked about (a box for Castlevania Circle of the Moon), but at that point I just didn't want to deal.

Drove back to Baltimore, cursing all the way. Hit up a sale advertising Sega but somebody had apparently come by already. Asked the seller and he brought a 360 Elite, an NES with no cords, and a Model 1 Genesis with a Sega CD. Got it all for $80, with the Sega CD going into my collection and the rest going to MAGFest.

Hit a few more sales, but didn't find anything besides a 360 power brick (the woman there mentioned that all of the video games had gone early). Hit up another and chatted about a guy who's planning to attend MAGFest and has some retro systems in storage, so we exchanged info before I left.

I drove by a sale with two little old ladies sitting out and decided to hit it up, and boy am I glad I did. I asked about games and the one woman brought out a giant box of games, most CiB. Then she brought out an Atari 7800 and games. Highlights include CiB Demon's Crest, CiB Mega Man X, loose Ducktales, Mega Man with the box, CiB DKC, CiB Mario Edutainment games, CiB Super Mario Bros 2, and CIB BUBBLE BOBBLE PART 2. It's all in pristine condition, and she apparently has another box somewhere, too. I$60 for everything below and she took it, so yeah, I'm a very happy camper. :)

Hit a couple more sales on my way hope, but nothing really worth mentioning. Nothing could really top that last lot anyway.
Is this like your full time job, you even hand out a business card??

Went around for a while and only found 1 sale today.  Checked it and the only thing of interest was a Zelda DS Lite for $20.  Lady wouldn't budge on the price at all, not even a dollar lower.  I had some trouble starting it up at first but it did turn on.  I didn't buy it in the end simply because I don't need a ds lite and certainly not for $20.

It really annoyed me that she said she had people lined up to buy it for $20.  Like really? If they're lined up to buy it, how come it's still on the table for sale?

Well, the sale went ok but it didn't look good early. 

I woke up late (7:55) after the alarm had gone off for about an hour, so I missed the setup.  Drag myself out of bed and start heading to the sale.  Of course I can't help but stop at a few on the way and had a few decent finds, they  will be posted sometime.... maybe.  Anyway, I make it to the sale at 10:00 and it had been slow to that point.  My sister and I had made about the same amount each; $14.50 (weather was iffy, it was very overcast with a chance of rain).  I watched a few people that walked up and they took a quick look and moved on quickly. 

At that point I decided to bite the bullet and mark my stuff down 50%; $1 DVDs and $0.50 CDs.  It seemed like almost immediately people started spending more time digging through the bins and started buying other stuff at the sale.  It was pretty hectic for the next two hours. 

Just before we were going to close a reseller stopped and wanted a flat price for what was left.  There were roughly 45 DVDs which I asked $20 and about 60 CDs for which I asked $15.  He countered $30 for everything which I accepted.  I was going to take the remainder to a local mom & pop store for trade-in, so I was glad to get cash.  A few minutes later I feel a drop or two of rain so we begin breaking everything down.  The rain never came at the sale, but when I left it had apparently been a downpour about two blocks over.  We just got lucky.

In all, I got $104.50 for an 18 gallon tote nearly full of CDs and half an 18 gallon tote full of DVDs.  Wish I had the chance to count the number I had to get a unit price but I was running behind to get anything ready at all.

My sister fared much better, selling $27 before the sale started, $140 at the sale and $110 at a local second hand store from the leftovers with some items to spare.  Didn't realize baby clothes brought that kind of money.

I hate how this hobby has become a breeding ground for ravenous resellers. People willing to drive to people's houses 2 hours before their sale and knock on their door. Craigslist is like 50% ads in all caps of idiots begging people to sell them their games and guaranteeing that they pay "the best prices in town." The worst part is they have no stake in the hobby. They just want the money in the real collectors' wallets and they're willing to make as much of an ass of themselves as it takes.

fuck.

I recently sold a box of over 120 games plus like 15 accessories for $150 on craigslist. The first dude that called me up was like this 60 year old fat prick who had me meet him. I take out the box, and he sifts through it for about 10 minutes... the whole time saying, "I don't see no good games in here." or "Yea I ain't findin' none of the good titles like Marier or Zelder", and, "None of these are worth much."

I'm thinking, "first, you have idea how much they're worth... and second, I'm not here to sell you a box of games that you can flip for $1500 without batting a fuckin' eyelash". I swear to God, I should have just let him have it. Could you be less fuckin' transparent that you're just looking for free money? I mean, if you're that fuckin' liberal about it, you could have just said "ANY EXPENSIVE MARIER OR ZELDER GAMES IN THE BOX?" on the phone and saved me the trouble of seeing your face.

About an hour later, I sold the box to a grateful and nice couple that were likely sellers at a flea market and they were thrilled. They'll probably make a good $400 by the time they're done moving it... and they probably will keep some, like they said. Regardless, at least they weren't fuckin' snobs lookin' for god damn handouts.

/rant

Sorry. Steam had to be let out. I hate when I hear shit like, "retro game store cleaned them out."

Is this like your full time job, you even hand out a business card??
No, it's strictly a hobby, but there's a lot of people who say things like "oh, I have games somewhere and can give you a call later," and after a while I just bit the bullet and decided cards would make things easier. I also like to talk up MAGFest, a gamer event I help out with, too. You can get like 250 cards through VistaPrint for $10, which seemed like a good deal.

I hate how this hobby has become a breeding ground for ravenous resellers. People willing to drive to people's houses 2 hours before their sale and knock on their door. Craigslist is like 50% ads in all caps of idiots begging people to sell them their games and guaranteeing that they pay "the best prices in town." The worst part is they have no stake in the hobby. They just want the money in the real collectors' wallets and they're willing to make as much of an ass of themselves as it takes.

fuck.

I recently sold a box of over 120 games plus like 15 accessories for $150 on craigslist. The first dude that called me up was like this 60 year old fat prick who had me meet him. I take out the box, and he sifts through it for about 10 minutes... the whole time saying, "I don't see no good games in here." or "Yea I ain't findin' none of the good titles like Marier or Zelder", and, "None of these are worth much."

I'm thinking, "first, you have idea how much they're worth... and second, I'm not here to sell you a box of games that you can flip for $1500 without batting a fuckin' eyelash". I swear to God, I should have just let him have it. Could you be less fuckin' transparent that you're just looking for free money? I mean, if you're that fuckin' liberal about it, you could have just said "ANY EXPENSIVE MARIER OR ZELDER GAMES IN THE BOX?" on the phone and saved me the trouble of seeing your face.

About an hour later, I sold the box to a grateful and nice couple that were likely sellers at a flea market and they were thrilled. They'll probably make a good $400 by the time they're done moving it... and they probably will keep some, like they said. Regardless, at least they weren't fuckin' snobs lookin' for god damn handouts.

/rant

Sorry. Steam had to be let out. I hate when I hear shit like, "retro game store cleaned them out."
That's why I'm wary of selling on Craigslist. Why bother when you can sell them on forums too? One Man's junk is another man's treasure.

\ The worst part is they have no stake in the hobby. They just want the money in the real collectors' wallets and they're willing to make as much of an ass of themselves as it takes.
Those are the people I hate at the yardsales. The people like this and the people with scanners. They have no interest in the stuff and just want to sell. The old man I mentioned in my previous post shows up the yardsales a few hours early or the day before telling them how his grandkids love Nintendo. When I bought a guys collection of comics and Ninja Turtles figures he showed up complaining the sale didn't start for another 30 min and his grandkinds would've loved those Ninja Turtles.

I don't mind (well I wouldn't say mind, I guess I don't get pissed) when I lose out to someone who looks like they have an interest in the item. The guy with the Portal shirt buying the Batman artbook I wanted doesn't get me like 65 year old man running through the sale buying all video games and the zelders or the two land whales shoulder blocking the entire table as they scan each and every trade paperback and manga to make a pile.

I have had some pretty great luck with toys lately rather than video games. There is just less resellers to compete with.

The N64 and Game Boy were gotten at different sales than the toys. Still cool part was that I only spent $5 for everything yesterday and I even got to the toy sale on their second day. Since I don't know much about the classic Kenner Star Wars stuff I almost missed the tall version of Snaggletooth and Hammerhead.

I got the He-Man and the records all for $25. Funny thing is that at both of these sales there were resellers hoarding up all the video game stuff ( I missed out on a Game Boy game lot, and a Commodore 64 respectively).

Scanners on their phones most likely right its like this over here in Cali
Yep - some on their phone with the amazon app and others with an actual hand held scanner from like a register. I see them at the used bookstores and thriftstores in that are too. I never see them except in the downtown - hipster/hippy/urban area.

People realize games are worth money. It just one of those things that people will buy if they are cheap because they know their kids will want them or they can recoup their money. I don't like it either, but it is the nature of the beast. Technology has eliminated the need to have any knowledge of a hobby in order to profit from it. It will be a buyer's market until the end of time because people can instantly check pricing from multiple sources before committing to buying anything.

At least the guy told you mario and zelda games are valuable. ;) Around here people will say "There is nothing I really need in here, how about $xx for everything?

I'm guilty of running an ad a couple of times, but my approach is being honest with people about what they have. I've found that people do not value my honesty as much as they should. They want me to pay more for stuff and they don't even thank me after I give them a value (even if I am not interested in their stuff). example: Lady has a lot of 15 PS2 games that are all junk and she lives 30 minutes away from me. I tell her I am not interested, thank her for her time, and explain that she may be able to get closer to her asking price if she "insert best custom option here" (trades them in, sells them at a garage sale, etc). They either don't respond or respond with some snide comment. One chick I was messaging with on FB (because it is real time rather than waiting on CL) and she blocked me after I made a decent offer on a Super Nintendo ($50 for a system with the empty box (just the box not the foam/paperwork/etc) and 2 junk games). -That shit pisses me off more than anything. I had an ex do it, but to do that to a stranger that is being polite really pisses me off. I thought about messaging her husband and telling him what a bitch she is, but I was able to look past it. It seems like no one understands the concept of a counter offer anymore. I could understand if I offered her $10 or something, but $50 for a dirty SNES with 2 games and an empty box seems pretty fair to me, especially looking at completed listings on ebay.

Here is my rant:

I hate the blocking shit though. I joined pof (should be called "plenty of fatties" BTW) and my ex looked at my profile (because it shows who viewed you and I noticed she was one of the (many ;) ) women that had viewed me). A few hours later I got notification I received a message from her. I thought, "ok. maybe she wants to talk/apologize". I log into my account and there is no message. "Weird.", I thought, so I go to check out her profile (since she viewed me I had the clickthough on my account). I click her picture and it goes to the homepage.  After some research, I find out she had blocked me and the only way to do it is to have had messaged the person. So basically she sought my profile out, she messaged me, and she blocked me with out me even looking at her profile. That pisses me off beyond belief. I wouldn't have even known she was on there if she wasn't creeping my profile.

Maybe today should be rant day? :lol:

EDIT: NICE find on that Blue Snaggletooth! $50+ loose.

bread's done
Back