2014 Yardsale thread

Dang Ashley, BOXED CONKER!! That's great. Conker is my goal for the year. I've never played it. Those ebay prices are ridiculous on it too.

I had a lady yesterday with a Dsi and Mario Kart DS on the table beside her. I asked "What would you be asking for the DS" (leaving the "i" off for a moderate attempt at a hustle). :)

She replies "The DSI is $125 dollars firm because it connects to the "internet" (she used the quote fingers).

Never have two people been so far apart on a deal. I was willing to go up to $20. I just turned around and walked off. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
So-So weekend. Hit up about 25 sales on Saturday and 1 on Sunday.

$2
Katamari Damacy - with manual but no box
I thought this sale had potential when I saw some PS3 games for 4 buck. After I picked up the sports games on top it went downhill. 20 for Modern Warfare 3, 20 for BlOps2, etc. Did ask about older games and brought out binder said they were $2 each. Only one that I saw that was worth it was Katamari.

$58
Poke Park for Wii
Rayman Origins
N64 w/ red controller
Mario 64
Pokemon Stadium
Mickey's Speedway
Game Boy Color
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Gold

Asked and they pulled out the N64 and GBC. When looking for a price I got the dreaded - hold on my wife won't let me sell it without looking it up online. They wanted 100 for just the GBC and 64 lot. I talked the husband down to 50. He said he wanted it gone, but didn't want the wife yelling at him.

They were also putting out a Wii for 60 dollars and PS3 for 150.

$2
360 Guitar

$2
Like a Velvet Glove Cast In Iron tpb
Whom was selling it because her niece gave it to her son. She said it was I appropriate for him. I wonder how old the kid is.

$1
Sealed GBA link cable

$3
GTA double pack for xbox

$43
4x sealed copies of Microsoft Office Professional XP
Godfather Blackhand Edition Wii
Big Brain Academy Wii
Silent Service 2 complete big box
Tie Fighter complete big box
7 other Star Wars & Star Trek games (no box) - but included Shadows of the Empire, Dark Forces and some others
Small Soundwave Transformer
Little mini-Princess Peach mario kart figure
Harmonica

$1
One of those little radio controlled helipcopters. In the box, but previously opened. Hopefully will work

$3
Resident Evil Zero Gamecube
Pharoh / Frankenstein: Eyes of the Monster PC game dual pack (might still be sealed - little cardboard box has tape on it)

Happened to Resident Evil sitting on the ground next to a Harry Potter PS2 and Gamecube game. Left my number for other game stuff in case. Seemed so random to have RE:0 just sitting there. Did find a destroyed wavebird in a bag of cables and junk, but no receiver. Game itself is pretty much mint.

$6
TMNT kids roseart drawing set - going to be a gift - it is still sealed
Mosaic Tile Art Kit - for the girlfriend
Model Plane kit - new
USS Consitution model
Discovery Model

She says she is almost sure the models are complete. the pieces aren't put together but the boxes are in bad shape. They have directions and stuff. The USS Constitution is normally like a 90 dollar model - if it is complete and unused I'll probably just try to sell it for like 50 or something. I don't think I have the patience for models anymore.

$28
N64 w/ 4 controllers (one is a little loose) and expansion pak
Perfect Dark
Sealed Buffalo Puzzle
Chaplin DVD
Bowanga Bowanga/Wild Women of Wongo/Virigin Sacrafice triple feature DVD (All three are top shelf I'm sure!!)

This was the only sale I went to today (Sunday). I got there 25 minutes early because of the posted N64. Luckily it was literally only 1/2 mile away.

This week was almost a complete opposite of last week. Last week almost every sale had piles of DVDs, blurays, some games, etc. This week I only saw DVDs at 5 out of almost thirty, and even those were usually 2 or 3 random junk ones. I didn't see a single TV season or sealed DVD either.

I know I've mentioned the store around me few times. I thought I'd show some of his prices and price tagging techniques. These are from the games I got yesterday. I've pulled off an awful lot of these tags the last year or two.

I'm actually kind of surprised to find them this far away. I live now and yardsale about 30 minutes away from the store and there is no easy access via a highway or anything to it.

[attachment=6216:20140629_104358.jpg]

It's been a good weekend

14524869271_82c4e0f452_b.jpg

14341620350_6d645a3f49_b.jpg

This was the best find of the day. I pulled up to this sale early and immediately saw the 3 Lord of the Rings DVDs and grabbed them. Then I saw the box of toys. I haggled and the DVDs were $1 each but I was able to get everything for $5. Some of the highlights were the Hot Wheels Cars, Ninja Turtle figures, and the marvel figures. The Tiger Handhelds were just a nice bonus.

14348256507_07f1799257_b.jpg

Hit this sale on the way home from work and found a bunch of games. I finally grabbed:

Mario & Sonic at the 2012 London Olympics
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Super Mario Galaxy

After a bit of back and forth, I finally got them all for $5

14520152691_b7238989c5_b.jpg

Went to this sale the day before and picked up a few games and did some research on the games that they had left. Offered $10 initially but finally picked up the following for $12:

NHL 14
NCAA Football 14
Left 4 Dead

14533238824_f38ebb03cc_b.jpg

Finally got a copy of this game! I've been looking for Skyrim for a bit and they had it marked for $5. I asked what was the lowest they would go since the case was pretty beat up and the told me $2. Took it.

Dang Ashley, BOXED CONKER!! That's great. Conker is my goal for the year. I've never played it. Those ebay prices are ridiculous on it too.

I had a lady yesterday with a Dsi and Mario Kart DS on the table beside her. I asked "What would you be asking for the DS" (leaving the "i" off for a moderate attempt at a hustle). :)

She replies "The DSI is $125 dollars firm because it connects to the "internet" (she used the quote fingers).

Never have two people been so far apart on a deal. I was willing to go up to $20. I just turned around and walked off. LOL.
Should have told her it can no longer do that before you walked off. :)

After always passing by yard sales (i rarely have cash on me and it's always pretty tight) I stopped at one today after dropping the hubby off at work. Found a top loading nes for $2. Doesn't have the av cord or the ac adapter but $2 was too good to pass up!

Oh man a top loader! Great find! I stopped by a few places today. Found Super Paper Mario for Wii and LoZ Wind Waker for $5 together. Not bad, but no top loader.

Edit: I honestly wonder if people just assume that top loaders are bootleg NES repros or somethnig. I hardly ever see them anywhere so I doubt anyone would really know what they were.

Went to a yard sale advertised on Facebook and paid $23 for this not too bad PSP works and the DBZ looks perfect no scratches 

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24277]

Oh man a top loader! Great find! I stopped by a few places today. Found Super Paper Mario for Wii and LoZ Wind Waker for $5 together. Not bad, but no top loader.

Edit: I honestly wonder if people just assume that top loaders are bootleg NES repros or somethnig. I hardly ever see them anywhere so I doubt anyone would really know what they were.
I'm gonna guess it is just kind of like the SNES Mini. Came out toward the end of the lifespan and 97% of the people who already had the system already had it or had moved on to the SNES. I still kind of wanted it even though I had already had a SNES for like a year.

20140629_1704401.jpg
20140629_170428.jpg

took 2 pics cause I wasn't sure you could see everything in either one. Not my greatest week, but it was a cheap week, and

when you get paid every 2 weeks, a cheap week in that inbetween week, is a good thing once in a while. Video with all the details.

http://youtu.be/iOJ6nZrLItU

No time to watch right now, but those voltron comics are tough to find (they don't sell high, but they are an old indie book). Those look like 89-90 topps packs. Joe Sakic and brian leech rookie year.

Okay okay everyone, lets just hold it with the "find of the year declarations" till you see this:

10401930_10154283205075511_3559329583055265484_n.jpg

$2

and to top it off, here are my scores from the week before:

FDM87pB.jpg

$5 for the entire box

w93rZTT.jpg

$3 for that whole lot

This actually isn't even my best score value-wise, last year I found a CIB Glib for Atari 2600 for $1. I had no idea what it was but it looked uncommon so I picked it up. Turns out its extremely rare and I already sold it on ebay for $300 several months ago. Still not as exciting as a friggin Mega Man X3! I've been finding tons of stuff so far this summer, its insane, I'm just too lazy to post anything on here. It still amazes me when I ask for games and people say "oh no, we don't have any video games......just some old nintendo games" and they act like they can't believe I would even want them. 

A few pages ago I complained about people laughing at me for buying their old games, well now I actually saw a person list ON HIS CRAIGSLIST AD for his sale " old atari system (lol)". Its like he's laughing at you before you even buy it....I seriously don't get it, WHY is that funny? What is funny about an Atari? wtf! 

A few pages ago I complained about people laughing at me for buying their old games, well now I actually saw a person list ON HIS CRAIGSLIST AD for his sale " old atari system (lol)". Its like he's laughing at you before you even buy it....I seriously don't get it, WHY is that funny? What is funny about an Atari? wtf!
Please tell me where you are so that I may help unburden these poor people of their unwanted garbage.

Nothing for me so far on yard sales :(

I was shopping at BB and got Shin Megami Tensei IV CE. They had a clearance sign for $29.99 for the regular edition, but they had difficultly scanning the barcode. So , I show them the GS website for $19.99. The 3 guys were all wondering why scanning the barcode and it came up $0.00. I have not play any Shin Megami Tensei game before. I read some other GS post and many people was vuying it for $20.  

No time to watch right now, but those voltron comics are tough to find (they don't sell high, but they are an old indie book). Those look like 89-90 topps packs. Joe Sakic and brian leech rookie year.
Loved Voltron when I was a kid, so when i saw those Voltron comics, and only a dollar each, had to pick them up. And the hockey cards at 10 cents a pack where a no brainer. Couldn't remember the rookie class with those, but being a big Rangers fan, glad to be able to look for a Leetch rookie

Last weekend was shit. Drove around for a hour and a half and saw just junk mainly. Bough Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts/ Via Pianta for $3. They had a bunch of sports and games and it was the only home I found with video games. Bought Logitech Z523 speakers for $5, which I was told did work but when I plugged it in at home the bass was f'ed up. 

Found a little more Sega to go with my big find from Friday. Stopped off at a place pretty late in the day and found a Sega Game Gear with three games, they asked $5 for it. When I got it home at first I thought it didn't work. Then I cleaned the contacts with some rubbing alcohol and discovered the brightness button *ahem*. The games all had to be cleaned too. 

The screen is pretty scratched up but I figure I can replace it eventually. I also got a disc only copy of "Alundra 2" (PSX) for $.50. The lady running it said that it started raining and the video games were apparently not a high priority. So I do have the cover art but it's water damaged, boo. I also got at least six mosquito bites for free, what a deal.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24278]

$17 this past weekend bought me the following between 2 yard sales.

Two working Playstation 1 systems, one with both cables, the other missing an A/V cable.

Two PS1 memory cards.

Six total PS1 controllers, 2 regular, 2 analog, and 2 of some third party monstrosity I'd never seen before.

A random SNES controller.

A Vaio mouse.

A giant N64 arcade controller that was missing the arcade joystick part.

And a lot of games, the complete ones including Tomb Raider 1-3 (1 and 3 were black label), Knockout Kings 2000, NBA Basketball 2000, NBA Live 99, Blue's Big Musical, and a few others that don't immediately come to mind, and then about 5-6 disc only ones that include Billiard, Creatures, and Ridge Racer Revolution.

I would post a picture, but the internet at my house hasn't been working for a week, and so I don't have a way to post pictures.  I was pretty happy with all that for less than $20 on my first weekend this summer where I've been able to hit some sales.

I know I've mentioned the store around me few times. I thought I'd show some of his prices and price tagging techniques. These are from the games I got yesterday. I've pulled off an awful lot of these tags the last year or two.

I'm actually kind of surprised to find them this far away. I live now and yardsale about 30 minutes away from the store and there is no easy access via a highway or anything to it.

attachicon.gif
20140629_104358.jpg
Is that Sudden Impact? His prices are awful.

Is that Sudden Impact? His prices are awful.
A local eh? Yep, that is him. His prices and his store are both pretty awful. The store is sooo cluttered that it looks like you are going to be killed by avalanche of silly bands, zhu zhu pets, signs covered in glitter that proclaim "PAX EAST" or his home made console clocks (guts a system and makes the shell into a clock).

Found a little more Sega to go with my big find from Friday. Stopped off at a place pretty late in the day and found a Sega Game Gear with three games, they asked $5 for it. When I got it home at first I thought it didn't work. Then I cleaned the contacts with some rubbing alcohol and discovered the brightness button *ahem*. The games all had to be cleaned too.

The screen is pretty scratched up but I figure I can replace it eventually. I also got a disc only copy of "Alundra 2" (PSX) for $.50. The lady running it said that it started raining and the video games were apparently not a high priority. So I do have the cover art but it's water damaged, boo. I also got at least six mosquito bites for free, what a deal.
Nice find on the game gear! I played NBA Jam for endless hours on that thing.

A local eh? Yep, that is him. His prices and his store are both pretty awful. The store is sooo cluttered that it looks like you are going to be killed by avalanche of silly bands, zhu zhu pets, signs covered in glitter that proclaim "PAX EAST" or his home made console clocks (guts a system and makes the shell into a clock).
I'm an hour from Sudden Impact so I have never been to the store but I have met Dom quite a few times and he seemed like such a nice guy. I guess it is hard to tell peoples true colors though and TBH most game store owners I've met haven't impressed me so I guess I can't be surprised.

I'm an hour from Sudden Impact so I have never been to the store but I have met Dom quite a few times and he seemed like such a nice guy. I guess it is hard to tell peoples true colors though and TBH most game store owners I've met haven't impressed me so I guess I can't be surprised.
He could be a nice guy, but his store is still a death trap. I haven't been there for a while but it is wall to wall full of stuff and then other whatever is the hot item right now - furby, zhu zhu pets, silly bands, etc.

He also messaged me a few times on ebay asking to buy my stuff for less which I would consider, but then the offered price became credit instead of cash, and he told me how my eBay prices are more than what he sells stuff for. Looking at the price tags I pull of his N64 games, I really doubt that lol.

He does love PAX East though. He slaps Penny Arcade on everything. His front door, his sign, random spots in his store, his "business card", etc.

One thing I do miss is all the fighting from the video game stores on craigslist. There was some guy from Lynn who would post videos saying how all the other store owners are losers, etc. Then there were the fake warning ads about how this store guy will steal from you and you should go to the other guy - who is much more honest and is an upstanding citizen.

He could be a nice guy, but his store is still a death trap. I haven't been there for a while but it is wall to wall full of stuff and then other whatever is the hot item right now - furby, zhu zhu pets, silly bands, etc.

He also messaged me a few times on ebay asking to buy my stuff for less which I would consider, but then the offered price became credit instead of cash, and he told me how my eBay prices are more than what he sells stuff for. Looking at the price tags I pull of his N64 games, I really doubt that lol.

He does love PAX East though. He slaps Penny Arcade on everything. His front door, his sign, random spots in his store, his "business card", etc.

One thing I do miss is all the fighting from the video game stores on craigslist. There was some guy from Lynn who would post videos saying how all the other store owners are losers, etc. Then there were the fake warning ads about how this store guy will steal from you and you should go to the other guy - who is much more honest and is an upstanding citizen.
That was Patriot Games. Saying he was the only one you should let repair your systems because everyone else does it wrong and such.

I also went through my email and found the other guy. Benny Blanco on the Lynnway would post youtube vidoes saying how the other stores suck. He went so fas as to draw a few pictures once. All his videos I think had him just in a wifebeater.

OMG. This is awesome. I hope this is the guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSVte_dvsXM

You east coasters sound retaaaaarded. ;)

The Iron Sheik is a good friend of his. LOL!

Don't know about you guys, but I want one of those Sat'ins.

Also, did anyone else think "illegal sweat shop" when they saw the kid behind the counter and he started talking about all the workers he had?

That guy's accent does not reflect the majority of us. Sorta sounds Bostonian or maybe Rhode Islander.
Oh yeah, for sure he's from New England area. You can't miss those ah's. As an east coaster living in California I appreciate a good Boston accent like a fine wine.

Because one person speaks for an entire demographic, right?

You west coasters make crappy jokes.
He's obviously from the MA area...and no, he is clearly the ONLY person from that state that has that accent.

I'm not from the west coast. I sound like this (not really)

https://screen.yahoo.com/snl-iconic-skits/bill-swerskis-super-fans-da-000000191.html

Lighten up son. You've grown up in a world of feigned outrage. The part that should have been offensive from that post is me using the word "retarded" (but that wasn't me saying it as much as it would be a person from MA saying the word).

I'm from Boston and took no offense. I hear way to much of that in Southie.

As for Mr. Blanco, his store was located about 10 minutes out of Boston in Lynn.

Gentlemen please, let's get back to what's really important: making each other jealous with our finds and belittling those who charge outrageous prices.

Speaking of which, anyone see any Gamecube component cables lately? I've been diving back into the Gamecube library (I'm finally playing the GC Fire Emblem) and I've been itching to find one.

OMG. This is awesome. I hope this is the guy...

You east coasters sound retaaaaarded. ;)

The Iron Sheik is a good friend of his. LOL!
Nope not the one I thought you were talking about doll star. That video was fucking gold that place looks like such a joke. I had more inventory than that 3 months after I started selling video games, so apparently now I'm overdue to throw my hat into the video game store ring (though it is the scariest thing ever).

And for the argument that is definitely not a standard Boston accent, sounds more like he's from Waltham or one of the surrounding towns/cities. Just slightly different from a Boston accent.

I havent found a GC component cable yet.

I am 16 posts behind for 2014 alone (still have several from 2013). I have some decent stuff coming up, a couple of rarities, the super lot, etc...

Gentlemen please, let's get back to what's really important: making each other jealous with our finds and belittling those who charge outrageous prices.

Speaking of which, anyone see any Gamecube component cables lately? I've been diving back into the Gamecube library (I'm finally playing the GC Fire Emblem) and I've been itching to find one.
I will PM you the best way I find GC component cables, not an easy yard sale find most people don't know what they are so they end up in trash or misc cable bin and if they do know then they are $$$

He's obviously from the MA area...and no, he is clearly the ONLY person from that state that has that accent.

I'm not from the west coast. I sound like this (not really)

https://screen.yahoo.com/snl-iconic-skits/bill-swerskis-super-fans-da-000000191.html

Lighten up son. You've grown up in a world of feigned outrage. The part that should have been offensive from that post is me using the word "retarded" (but that wasn't me saying it as much as it would be a person from MA saying the word).
The whole thing was offensive, and I wasn't aware that MA was the entirety of the East Coast. And even if it was, there's far more to his presence than his accent.

Ya made a shitty joke that was in poor taste. Deal.

Can't you just use the Wii component cables (That's what I use to play GCN games in 480p)? Plus the Wii component cable is way cheaper than the GCN one. Assuming you have a Wii.

You've got a point there, I totally forgot there are non compatible GCN Wiis. My badz lol. In another note, that'd be awsome playing GBA games in 480p thanks for the idea man!

I put my Wii back in the box, now that I have a Wii U, and so now I'm back to playing on the GC (I missed that little black box anyway). The way I hear GC component cables actually produce a higher quality image due to a propietary chip in the cable itself.

I'm turning this car around.

6-14-14

MISC Lego $9 total

$8 total PS2 Pirates and Primal still sealed

50 cent PS1 games. Happy to have a minty copy of wipeout XL. The first PS1 game I bought.

$10 PS1 lot

$1 each

$3 SKYLANDERS

$5 SONY DVD player

$1 DVDs/blus watchmen still sealed

More to come...

:bouncy:

Three copies of Star Wars Rebel Assault II in one weekend?  I remember getting that game when it came out and being excited to play it only to find that it is probably THE worst Star Wars game ever made.  Think I finished it in about 3-4 hours.

Didn't know Egg Mania for PS2 existed.  I love finding stuff I don't know about.

bread's done
Back