2016 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Finally found some game stuff while thrift shopping. This all came from one place. $3 each!

[attachment=24002:100_0650.JPG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing too great the last week or so. A little story about the Wii Sports and the John Deere Games. Twice I have found Wii Sports in a Wii Fit game box with the Wii Fit disc also. I just thought it was odd so I have started collecting Wii Sports discs for the heck of it. I am just up to 5 copies as of now. The John Deere games sell pretty well on Ebay as they are fairly rare and a new, sealed one like the one I just got can go for as high as $40. 

[attachment=24005:20161008_230435.jpg]

Monster High: New Ghoul In School WiiU 4.99

The Sims 3 PC 1.99

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 PC .99

John Deere American Farmer PC .99 (New, Sealed)

Wii Sports Wii 1.99

And I just added to my ever growing Hardcover Collector's Edition Strategy Guide Collection. I got Mass Effect 3 and Fallout 3 at 1/2 Price Books. They had 2 Mass Effect 3 guides, one was priced at $19.99 and one at $5.99. I saw no difference in them at all. Both were near mint. The Fallout 3 book is in great condition and includes the map. I found the New Vegas guide at a garage sale for $10 that I haggled down to $5. The extent of the haggling was me picking up the book and saying  "Hey this is a pretty cool book, would you take $5 for it? " And the woman says "Sure" O:)

[attachment=24006:20161008_225626.jpg]

Mass Effect 3 5.99

Fallout 3 8.99

Fallout:New Vegas $5

Bought:

Alien Isolation Xbox One $5 

Saw:

Jurassic Operation Gensis PC $6 (No game disc, but I wanted the box and manual since I have the game w/o the box. To keep it short, this GW didn't want to sell it to me because it was missing the disc. )

Bunch of SNES Games $6 each

Another Logitech Driving Force Pro $15

N64 Games with SNES controllers $25 

6b7W84i.jpg

S9xCk8I.jpg

p1doRyp.jpg

3TUgCMJ.jpg

JBbMY1Q.jpg

Bought:

Alien Isolation Xbox One $5

Saw:

Jurassic Operation Gensis PC $6 (No game disc, but I wanted the box and manual since I have the game w/o the box. To keep it short, this GW didn't want to sell it to me because it was missing the disc. )

Bunch of SNES Games $6 each

Another Logitech Driving Force Pro $15

N64 Games with SNES controllers $25

6b7W84i.jpg

S9xCk8I.jpg

p1doRyp.jpg

3TUgCMJ.jpg

JBbMY1Q.jpg
What do people do with these old logitech driving wheels?

What do people do with these old logitech driving wheels?
I bought the same one 2 weeks ago for $15 and I use it for Dirt 3/Rally PC & Gran Turismo 6/Ridger Racer 7 PS3. I didn't want to spend $100+ for a decent driving wheel.

$2 at the Goodwill Outlet:

Dance Dance Mario Gamecube Pad (just bought the game to test it, hope it works)

Monster Audio cables

Disc Only - Mystic River DVD

$6 @ HPB

World of Nintendo Princess Zelda Figure 

Tough day thrifting. 

$2 at the Goodwill Outlet:

Dance Dance Mario Gamecube Pad (just bought the game to test it, hope it works)

Monster Audio cables

Disc Only - Mystic River DVD

$6 @ HPB

World of Nintendo Princess Zelda Figure

Tough day thrifting.
Always wondering about dancepads at GW. Seen the madcatz. Hope it works for u too.

I bought the same one 2 weeks ago for $15 and I use it for Dirt 3/Rally PC & Gran Turismo 6/Ridger Racer 7 PS3. I didn't want to spend $100+ for a decent driving wheel.
But what do u look for in a racing/driving wheel? I played GT on ps2, but that was long ago. (hours of Halo 16 player split screen)

I really like Burnout Revenge, but cant find anything like it. Is it possible to get a driving wheel that can work with pc racing games, xbox 360 and ps3?

i have not found much lately but i did grab super metroid cib for $35. it is the Japanese version but it is in completely in English. i been wanting to add this game to my collection but everyone over charges for the NTSC version. I figured $35 is the cheapest i would be able to get a cib copy even if it is not an NTSC copy. now i have a reason to take out my super famicom and play it. i wish there were more import games available especially for the Saturn.

besides that i got a 40 gb ps3 for $20. i was expecting it to have the YLOD but decided to risk it since it still had the seals intact and looked in good shape. it works perfectly just the hard drive was filled so i deleted all the old saves. i don't know why i keep buying systems i already have but i just cant pass up a system for cheap and one i know i can get working if it has any problems.the ps3 also had GTA IV complete edition inside

I wish some games like that would slip onto the shelves around here just because the employee thought it was a VHS! I always glance through all the VHS's just to make sure.

Went to a really small thrift store that is usually closed when I drive by. I cant believe how much stuff they have crammed into that little space! I member last time I was in there the guy said the fire department told him to make more path ways..... That looks like it last about 3 months! There was 2 sports SNES games, all sorts of cables, controllers, misc Xbox/360/PS2/PS3/Wii games on the bookshelf. They had an Atari Flashback 2 in the box, 3 fatty PS2s, and 2 Wiis for "idk like $30 apiece". I pulled this stuff out of the box of randomness sitting by the shelf, he took $20 for it.

Wii RockBand drums and the wireless guitar dongle from Goodwill for $4.....once again no drumsticks, they never have the drumsticks!

Went to my local thrift and saw someone donated a bunch of PS4/vita/3ds games that were sealed. (I would guess they were review copies but none had the hole punch through the UPC...). As many thrifts today, prices were absurd. Luckily I had a 30% coupon to make them acceptable...

Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 (49.99 - coupon = 34.99)

Resident Evil 4 PS4 (14.99 - coupon = 10.49)

Black Ops 3 PS4 (14.99 - coupon = 10.49)

Witcher 3 Complete Edition PS4 (24.99 - coupon = 17.49)

They had a bunch of others too, but the prices just werent shouting 'buy me'. Dragon Quest Builders was 49.99 and Attack on Titan for 44.99. a couple of cheaper indy-ish games for 14.99-19.99. Mario Paper Jam for 39.99. 2 new vita games for 39.99 and 49.99 (dont remember what they were)

I just dont get these prices...I mean they are brand new games but you got them for free...and who would by them for that much when they are the same price at the big stores...I only took the ones that were OK priced, and would not have bought them had I not had a coupon obviously.

Ended up have a good find today! Started looking in the case and saw the usual target salvage so I hit the DVD and PC section. There it was. Jurassic Park Operation Genesis on PC. It was still big box and complete! Ended up giving $3 for it total. They don't check everything still it seems :)

Wow they really messed up the Photobucket app so I had to plug my phone into my computer to transfer pics. Goodwill- 2 sealed copies of BF1 for $30 apiece and a sealed copy of NHL 17 Deluxe for $40

Actually found some decent games at Goodwill today. When I found Mr. Driller it was actually in a DDR case did some more searching the found the case and manual with other stuff shoved in it. Found Crash 1 case and manual but no disc. They also had some Gamecube games but all were scratched probably beyond repair. Ended up with these for $26 total. 

1234_zpsfojmkxdo.jpg

Stopped in at a salvation army that is way out of my usual way on a Saturday morning.
Found
Soul calibur 2 xbox $8
Dead or alive 3 xbox $8
Best of star wars pc $7
2 different yugioh games for ds $3

Got to the register and everything was 33% off.

Not great deals, but I haven't played those 2 xbox games in a very long time. I'm sure they aren't as good as I remember but it should be good to play again the next time my old roommate stops over for a few beers

I haven't thrifting for almost 2 1/2 weeks, but here is some games I saw over the weekend. Most of them were overpriced or the price I'm willing to pay for it. I really wanted Digimon but the cartridge was missing. Another thing is that my local GWs are going to hike the tshirt cost from $3 to $5 which is lame.

Dragon Ball Supersonic Saga DS $3 
Digimon World DS $3
Final Fantasy VIII, Tactics, 9, X, X-2 $6 each
GTA IV Special Edition $10
New/SEALED Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain PS4 $18
New/SEALED Sniper Elite PS4 $40
Complete Retro NES/SEGA Games $40-$80

944918f893.jpg

944a6c0651.jpg
944a7dcec5.jpg
944a98ed53.jpg
944aa70079.jpg
944ac1740e.jpg

I haven't thrifting for almost 2 1/2 weeks, but here is some games I saw over the weekend. Most of them were overpriced or the price I'm willing to pay for it. I really wanted Digimon but the cartridge was missing. Another thing is that my local GWs are going to hike the tshirt cost from $3 to $5 which is lame.

Dragon Ball Supersonic Saga DS $3
Digimon World DS $3
Final Fantasy VIII, Tactics, 9, X, X-2 $6 each
GTA IV Special Edition $10
New/SEALED Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain PS4 $18
New/SEALED Sniper Elite PS4 $40
Complete Retro NES/SEGA Games $40-$80

944918f893.jpg

944a6c0651.jpg
944a7dcec5.jpg
944a98ed53.jpg
944aa70079.jpg
944ac1740e.jpg
I would've picked up that GTA4 just for the duffle bag. I've been trying to find a replacement since mine old one got ruined. That was my favorite bag.

[attachment=24457:image.jpg]

Local Goodwill had a 50% of everything "Blue Friday" sale. Picked up the following for $0.50 each:

Lord of a Visible World: An Autobiography in Letters - H.P. Lovecraft book. (This book has some value based on listings in Amazon and EBay)
Sealab 2021: Season 2 DVD
George Bush "Miss Me Yet?" Mug

[attachment=24471:IMG_6426.JPG]

Top row was $5 each, bottom row $8 each. All complete, except Crystal Chronicles which is missing the manual.

There was a copy of Luigi's Mansion which I was tempted to pick up too, but it was $15.

i finally got some good deals again. all of the games were $5 dollars expect kirby $10 and lost in shadow $20

i finally found a used yugioh game that still had the cards and they are sealed. did not know it had them till after i brought it. i figured $5 for a yugioh game is not bad. i was going to leave gti club but forgot to put it back. i had no idea it was a hard to find game with any value. i just picked it up because it had mini coppers playing soccer as a mini game on the back like rocket league. i been wanting to try lost in shadow so i didnt mind paying 20 for it since i have never run into it anywhere. no way i am going to leave a kirby game i dont have for $10 either.

other place had these imports also for $5 each. the gba games are megaman battle network games 5 and two different versions of 6. i never knew about megaman x2 xtreme  for gb color till i found it today. cant wait to play it and see how it is.the last game i think is mysthical ninja goemon for the gb

$2 for the bag of hockey cards, mostly 1990-1992 Topps/Score stuff. Some late 90s/random2000s in there. 8 Wayne Gretzky cards, I havent looked up any values. Another sealed copy of NHL 17 Deluxe, $40. Opened but like new NBA 2K17, $25. All @Goodwill

Saw a $50 Wii and a $30 Xbox in the glass case. About 8 meh Wii games. Got this for $3, no booklet though, disc is mint.

My local store had a bunch of Wii third party games, a few PS2 and one Gamecube NASCAR games, a bunch of big title but few year old PC games (Call of Duty, Bioshock 2).

I did find Sudoku Gridmaster for the DS for my sister for $2.97. And an Aladdin coffee travel mug for 97 cents for my dad in great shape with BP advertised on it, which is his favorite gas station, but more importantly those Aladdin mugs are his favorite and haven't been made in like 10-20 years.

OMFG! I was an hour too late. I'd have bought it for $100 since I'm still using a 720p TV. The workers told me it was donated last night by the Mexican restaurant across the street.

64c7bc192d.jpg

OMFG! I was an hour too late. I'd have bought it for $100 since I'm still using a 720p TV. The workers told me it was donated last night by the Mexican restaurant across the street.

64c7bc192d.jpg
You sure it was the same TV in the box? I see this all the time, but with car stereos and pc monitors. People upgrade to a new one and shove the old junk in the new box and drop it off.

You sure it was the same TV in the box? I see this all the time, but with car stereos and pc monitors. People upgrade to a new one and shove the old junk in the new box and drop it off.
I didnt check if it was the correct TV since the buyer has already paid for it and it had a black marker wrritten on the side that said "Tested, Working condition, Sold AS IS".

when black Friday shopping mostly to pick up some movies and box sets cheap and see what else was on sale. the bookoff store was open so i decided to go in and look. i only found a couple of cheap games but this got my eye for some reason.

it had plastic wrap keeping it closed but i could put my hand inside and i knew there was no joystick inside.

$25 for the console, two controllers, and all the wires. how did someone not notice it was not a fight stick?

Thought I finally scored on a half off Media day at Goodwill......See the case for the PC version of Battlefield 1 in the glasscase. Marked $30 so it was $15 that day.........took 3 of us to notice there was no disc, it was an Origin code. Of course I bit on it and took the chance.......code had already been claimed. Bitches told me it was new and they just got it from Target. Being as it was a daily sale item I doubt I can return it.

i got this xbox 360 for $45. it was missing the component cables but i can get them for a dollar or two. it also did not have a rechargeable battery pack but i have a sealed spare. the only problem it has is the disc tray wont open unless there is a game inside so i may try to fix it by fixing or replacing the band for the drive. the console also came with 120 gb hard drive but i had bought the 20gb that goes with it for $1 a while back just in case i ever found the system cheap.

i boiled the band for the disc tray and it opens and closes perfectly now

My first Goodwill trip in quite some time, been working OT like crazy since going back to work.  Ended up finding a SNES Super Scope (no receiver, missing battery cover) for 1.99.

And the big find was a Yamaha RX-V467 audio receiver for 3.99. (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FkwP3QIZZXe/p_022RXV467/Yamaha-RX-V467.html)  4 HDMI inputs, passthrough and 3D capable.  Also came with the ipod dock. The manager was pissed it was priced so low, said it should have been at least $25-30.  Now to find some good speakers to go with it. 

I finally got some games at Goodwill today, and they were newer releases that weren't even in the case.

For $3/each
-Lego Dimensions game (Wii u)
-New Super Mario Bros U w/ Luigi U (Wii U, sealed)

I wasn't aware that they go for as much as they do on eBay.

struck out at 3 stores before finding a complete in box The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening DX for GameBoy Color..
$4
also grabbed PS2 Simpsons Hit and Run, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, and The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction

Nice, my friend who used to be heavily in Amiibo but has taken a step back really wants the Boo amiibo, he says it glows in the dark.

I'm surprised nobody didn't buy them. It was up for sale since 12/6/16.

Picked up:

Mint GBA SP with 4 games (All Pokemon Games) = $20

Saw:

PS4 New/SEALED Telltale Batman = $13

Complete GameCube System with controller, manual, power/video cables = $40

f92dd16b43.jpg

f92dd38cd6.jpg

f92dda310f.jpg

in response to pic above: not very often you see an actual mint GBA SP. I swear every single one I see is just beat to hell. Also very very nice score on the pokemon games.

I finally got some stuff at my local thrift store too. (had a 30% off coupon so prices are after that coupon)

Pokemon Gold $3.50

Pokemon Red $4.80

Kirby Pinball $2

Speedy Gonzalez gameboy $3

Paper Boy gameboy $3

WarioLand 2 $3.50

Drakenguard 3 $2

WWE 2k16 360 $2

very very surprised to see the Pokemon games going for that price as all the thrift stores in my area have gotten pretty terrible with pricing them at ~30-40 bucks. They were in the glass case and I almost didnt even bother looking at them because I was convinced they would be priced way too high.

I'm surprised nobody didn't buy them. It was up for sale since 12/6/16.

Picked up:

Mint GBA SP with 4 games (All Pokemon Games) = $20

Saw:

PS4 New/SEALED Telltale Batman = $13

Complete GameCube System with controller, manual, power/video cables = $40

f92dd16b43.jpg

f92dd38cd6.jpg

f92dda310f.jpg
Wow, that Gamecube was a nice fine. Kind of a high price, but still worth it, imo. What store was that? Goodwill?

Found a Limited Edition Viva Pinata 360 in decent shape but missing the plastic cover for 99 cents at Goodwill, traded it in towards a used Destiny the Taken King x360 at GS, thankfully the Taken King code was unused, and the game looks pristine. After everything, not bad for 2 bucks and change.

I am really enjoying the John Denver/Muppets Christmas CD I found at Goodwill for a quarter over the summer... Piggy pudding. Lol.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!

Earlier today I saw a copy of THPS4 for the gamecube sitting in a shelf of dvd's at one of my local thrift stores. It was marked $2.49 so I popped it open to see if the disc was actually in there and sitting within the case was a mint disc of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. So naturally I closed the case back up and purchased it. Now to just print that cover art and be happy.

Last Thursday I had gone to my really local thrift store and scored a copy of :ps1: Bushido Blade for $1.

Also some time last week I scored a copy of the book Star Wars Bloodline for $3 at a local thrift, which seems to still be pretty pricey on AMZ. I was somewhat tempted to dive into the new canon EU and I feel like this was a good place to start. About half way through and I'm really enjoying it so far. As if that wasn't enough I found a copy of one of my favorite movie's on DVD (which is actually hard to find) SLC Punk for $2 as well as what I believe is the entire first season of Sailor Moon on VHS ($.99 per tape) so I picked up all of them.

Overall my thrift store luck has been really good lately. Gotta love thrifting. 

Hope everyone had a great HannuChristmas and has a great new years!

I forgot they shut down one Goodwill by me until I drove past today. OH WELL, they put Nintendo stuff on ShopGoodwill so no big lose.

bread's done
Back