2018 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

well it finally happened...

found my first current gen console while thrifting...

an Xbox One w/ power brick for 15.99

and I also grabbed a 250gb 360 w/ power brick also for 15.99 at the same store.

they probably had no idea the XBO was a current gen system. my win.
:shock: :shock: :shock: Woooooooweeeee!!!! Man, that is some kinda sweet find right right there!!!

I scored some more great finds at the same Goodwill again today.

Guitar Hero Wireless Gibson Les Paul 360 Controller - $5 (rare find in the wild!)

Black for PS2 (Greatest Hits) - $2

The People vs Alex Cross by James Patterson - $3 (hardcover)

Copper Sun by Sharon M. Draper - $2 (paperback)

A cool owl figurine/small statue - $3

I'm glad that I bought that Wii U system for $50 a few months back because I found a bunch of AAA Wii U Games yesterday for $5.99 each. 

IMG_2148.jpg

Wow nice scores everyone! Its been really slow since my last pics. They have a $40 Wii in the case, had a copy of Forza 7 for $30 (not bad but $10 more than they have been pricing stuff like that), media/book/electronics/shoes have been just nothing great or overpriced, etc. Picked up a Legend Of Zelda Phantom Hourglass guide and a Playstation composite cable for $2.

sCg499F.jpg

Nice pickup Juan grande386.
I just got a iPod 30gb black model for $3. Google search said its a 5tg gen model. Is yours the same or different?

Nice pickup Juan grande386.
I just got a iPod 30gb black model for $3. Google search said its a 5tg gen model. Is yours the same or different?
The whole back of it was scratched so the Apple logo and all the wording were gone. Once it charged up I looked at the info and it appears to be a 6th gen Classic

Went to my local goodwill and the lady said someone just came in before me and purchased games she had just put out. (about 15 or so) She didnt know what they were just that they were in 'dvd cases' so that ruled out cd / cartridge games.

I took a look to see what was left over and found

a red wii w/ cords

red wiimote / nunchuck,

a second white wiimote / nunchuck

a ZELDA GOLD wiimote! (yay) 

and a random pair of apple headphones.

bundled for 28.99. 

Now as I sat there I thought to myself "this person must have had skyward sword if they had the gold wiimote." Mainly because if they werent bought together, anyone with the zelda wiimote must like zelda. Went a step further and thought "ill bet you anything skyward sword is inside."

Got home, plugged the red wii in, pressed the eject button and boom out comes a game. Turn it over and there it is - skyward sword.

So really really good score for 28.99.

Picked up a ps3 60gb bc. Overall looks cleans and have minor light scratches on top.
Anyone know what is the best way to clean it? Checked out the inside vents using a flashlight and only see minor dust , not much, but still want to clean it. Any tips to keep it longevity wise? Also, anyone know what is the largest hard drive it can carry? What 3rd party controllers are best to look for? I got a power a wired controller.

Picked up a ps3 60gb bc. Overall looks cleans and have minor light scratches on top.
Anyone know what is the best way to clean it? Checked out the inside vents using a flashlight and only see minor dust , not much, but still want to clean it. Any tips to keep it longevity wise? Also, anyone know what is the largest hard drive it can carry? What 3rd party controllers are best to look for? I got a power a wired controller.
Getting a nice skin will cover the scratches XD

If all you see is minor dust and the console is 100% working, I would not go beyond using a can of compressed air. Don't use the console for hours on end, and keep it well ventilated. I believe the biggest is 1.5tb, someone can correct me if I am wrong. Unless you use some special fighting controller or competitive controller, the first party Sony controller is what i would go for.

Picked up a few gems at Goodwill last week

$6 Xbox 360 wireless controller

$25 copy of Far Cry 5 for Xbox One

$3 20 gb hard drive for Xbox 360

I also have a $5 off $25 coupon

i also have a bc ps3 i recently brought. does anyone know if it is a good idea to replace the thermal paste before anything happens because back in the day i went through 2 of them. they both seemed to stop working when i played new releases. sent the first ps3 to sony and the one i got back did the same thing probably a year and a half later. been thinking of trying to fix the other bc ps3 i have and maybe doing the same to the working one

Im not understanding some of the prices at the local GW recently. $40 Wii with cables, stand, and 2 Wavebird adapters has been sitting in the glass case for about 3 weeks now. $30 for a black non BC Wii with ac adapter. A $25 white Wii with no cables sitting in the electronics section. $40 for a fatty PS2 with cables and 3 controllers. $20-$40 older stereo equipment. $50 worn Nikes...... This shit was donated! Girl was like "you arent buying the Playstation?!" I said "no......not at $40! You guys usually sell those for $15 and the controllers for $3 apiece!

But then today I also find this stuff. $6 Kindle 2 (ordered a new battery for it because it is 3G and the battery in it drains super fast!), new iPod earbuds for $2 apiece, Command and Destroy/Metal Slug 7/Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 for DS for $3 apiece.

w0eu4dS.jpg

Decent finds this week! Red 3DS with Mario carrying case, car charger, Angry Birds Trilogy, DKC Returns 3D, Luigis Mansion Dark Moon, Mario Kart 7, NSMB2, Power Rangers MegaForce, Yoshis New Island, Super Mario 64DS, Lalaloopsy, MarioVsDK Mini Land Mayhem, Spongbobs Atlantis Squarepants, and TMNT for $35. Slim silver PS2 with cables for $15. Miller Beer pocket knife $6. Wii stuff was knocked down to $20 since noone was biting at $40. Leonardos were $3 apiece. Ken Block Nitro Speeder for $2. X1 Ocean Shadow controller for $21.

wnaOy0y.jpg
tv0da1Z.jpg
41EADYE.jpg

Struck gold at my favorite Goodwill again! After going yesterday and almost coming up empty, checked out the glass cases up front. Found a black PS3 SIXAXIS (non-Dualshock) wireless controller for $5. Minor issue is the rubber grips on the thumb sticks are gone. Easy fix because I have a pair of thumb stick grips for a PS4 controller that I put on them. Other than that it's still in good shape. Connected it to my PS3 via USB and turned it on with another controller. It started charging and is working so far. Just have to clean it and test it out with some games to make sure it's fully operational.

Congrats juangrande386 on the huge score this week!

can anyone help me. i just brought this pokemon crystal online and i want to know how i can tell if the box is real. the cart seems to be real. when i compared it to my copy i can see that the board inside looks exactly the same and nothing seems wrong or out of place. just second guessing it since the person's account is brand new and has no sales or feedback especially with all the fakes out there of Pokemon. only paid $40 for it as well.

[attachment=30149:s-l1600.jpg]

Lightning struck again at my favorite Goodwill:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (N64) - $5

WWF Attitude (N64) - $5

Tiger Woods PGA Tour (2005 - PSP) - $3

40-cup Coffee/Tea Maker - $7

Book - $2

Edit: The coffee/tea maker is a bust, gonna return it today.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Ill probably just put it on my Craigslist trade ad and see if theres any offers, if not Ill have a working backup if my slim dies. Got these today, games were $3 apiece and the controller was $2.......of course no SNES was to be found! Thats asking too much!

hHN3mWE.jpg

They were selling an Everdrive at a thrift? Kind of surprising, but I did wind up finding a flash cart for the Game Boy Advance at a Bookman's a few years ago. Anything's possible!

They were selling an Everdrive at a thrift? Kind of surprising, but I did wind up finding a flash cart for the Game Boy Advance at a Bookman's a few years ago. Anything's possible!
I thought it was somewhat of a different find as well but it was at Goodwill, people donate anything!

I thought it was somewhat of a different find as well but it was at Goodwill, people donate anything!
Man, my goodwill in the area either overpriced.

found aliens vs predator steelbook with the game on ps3 $3

okumi on wii $3

i know okumi is on xbox one, but most of the time, goodwill has mostly sport games

Officially had my best ever thrift find.

Walk into my local Goodwill just as they had finished putting out a bunch of ps1 games. Immediately started looking at them and noticed a bunch of them were sealed. Better yet: 99c a piece.

Crash warped sealed x2
Crash warped
Crash 2 sealed
Crash 2
Crash Team Racing sealed
Crash Team Racing
Crash bandicoot sealed
Disruptor
Disruptor sealed
Heart of darkness sealed
Ape escape sealed
Running wild sealed x2
Running wild x2
PlayStation jampack 98 sealed
PlayStation jampack 1
PlayStation x-360 demo
PlayStation x-360 demo sealed
Omega boost sealed
Skullmonkeys sealed
Um jammer Jammy sealed
Resident evil 2
Jumping flash 2
Bloody roar 2 sealed
Warcraft 2 (ps1)
Tarzan
Namco museum vol 2
Syphon filter
Duke nuke total meltdown
Dukes of hazard racing
Die hard trilogy
MDK
Medievil

And 3 Dreamcast games that were not worth mentioning.

Just astounding. These are the days you pray for when you walk into a thrift, and the days that keep you going even after seeing the 800th copy of madden 07.

Wow! Amazing finds. Skullmonkeys is one of my all time favorites.
The cool thing is the sealed crash games / skullmonkeys are the black label copies with the holo cover. I just checked and I guess they are significantly more sought after than non-holo variants

I want to play skullmonkeys, but the collector in me just cant let myself open it...

haha good problems to have I guess.

IMG_1853.jpg

GameCube system with 4 Games (Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda Windwaker, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 2) and 2 OEM Controllers. $30.

I got a Pioneer 101 metal detector for $15. Appears to work fine.....works better than my old Whites detector I cant get programmed anymore. Also got a Plasma Ball light for $3, I probably only got this because someone left it plugged in and it looked cool!

HqVh8hG.jpg

Super Mario Land and Tetris for GB and Sonic Classic Collection for the DS at a local buy/sell/trade store. $20 for the three.

Pair of Urban Pipeline jeans for $2.

Van Halen t-shirt new with $20 MSRP tag for $3 (for my nephew).

Lovely little Saturday Lot I picked up at Goodwill. There was a bag in the jewelry case that looked like it would hold cassette tapes. I asked to see it because I thought there might be genesis games inside. 

To my surprise no genesis games BUUUUTTT:

1 Original Game Boy grey 

1 Teal Game Boy Color

1 Link Cable

Pokemon Yellow

Pokemon Blue

Pokemon Gold

Pokemon Silver

Pokemon Trading Card Game

Pokemon Pinball

Gameshark GBC 3.0

Super Mario Land

Links Awakening DX

Oracle of Seasons

TMNT 2 Back from the Sewers

Adams Family

Ken Griffey Jr Slamfest

Tom and Jerry

Amazing Spider Man

Tetris

...All for $19.99

Super, super solid pick up.

Lovely little Saturday Lot I picked up at Goodwill. There was a bag in the jewelry case that looked like it would hold cassette tapes. I asked to see it because I thought there might be genesis games inside.

To my surprise no genesis games BUUUUTTT:

1 Original Game Boy grey

1 Teal Game Boy Color

1 Link Cable

Pokemon Yellow

Pokemon Blue

Pokemon Gold

Pokemon Silver

Pokemon Trading Card Game

Pokemon Pinball

Gameshark GBC 3.0

Super Mario Land

Links Awakening DX

Oracle of Seasons

TMNT 2 Back from the Sewers

Adams Family

Ken Griffey Jr Slamfest

Tom and Jerry

Amazing Spider Man

Tetris

...All for $19.99

Super, super solid pick up.
Where the hell are you located that you keep getting those insane finds? You on an island somewhere?

Sealed Linksys wireless router- $6, Sony Alpha 5000L digital camera- $100 (already sold for $235), Apple Superdrive with WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 inside- $6, PS3 Beatles RockBand stuff- $17

cSl8GL0.jpg
Xvc0GUo.jpg

Since I only really ever buy stuff I actually want to keep now I haven't really gotten much at all lately.
Today I did find a like new copy of skyward sword for wii that had the Zelda music soundtrack still for $5.99

Ledr behind a handful of decent to good xbox ps2 and wii games at $2.99
Almost bought robotech battlecry for xbox and realized I'd never play it

Thye did have twilight princess as well for $7.99 buy I've already owned it for what seems like a decade and barely played it.
The nice thing is now I only need wind waker and breath of the wild to complete the collection. Hoping to find a used wii u this summer so I can combine all my wii vc games to one console and play some of the wii u games I've been biying

PS2 and Wii composite cables were $2 apiece from GW. Some thrift store I use to go to a lot a few towns over moved like 3 mins from my house! I stopped going there when they tore down the GW that was in the area. Finally got around to checking it out on my Friday off since they only open 10-3 and I work 8-5s! Got the games for $2 apiece. Picked up all 3 just in case some competition walked in. Gotta keep them thinking theres no games!

WzolCmn.jpg

$2 Xbox 360 guitar and $3 iClicker 2. I had no idea these were a thing, I feel old. I guess you use it to take school quizzes and it connects with an app.... BACK IN MY DAY YADDA YADDA YADDA..........

4RRPTDg.jpg

$2 Xbox 360 guitar and $3 iClicker 2. I had no idea these were a thing, I feel old. I guess you use it to take school quizzes and it connects with an app.... BACK IN MY DAY YADDA YADDA YADDA..........

4RRPTDg.jpg
Sweet picks there! Seeing that GH X360 guitar reminds of when I found the Gibson Les Paul GH X360 for $5 at Goodwill.

Goodwill- Gamecube Twilight Princess strategy guide-$0.50, Playstation controller extender-$1, Canon G15, DualShock3, and MAudio Mobile USB amp were $3 apiece. Screen on camera lights up but doesn't appear to show anything at the moment, looks like it was dropped. Will probably open up and take a look.

HtFeyEc.jpg

All Goodwill- Was needing a few USB cables with the male type B end and I just happened to find a bag of 3 for $1. Pikachu sealed holo card and light up figure (McDonalds Happy Meal toy)- 50 cents. $9 for the 2GB orange iPod Shuffle with USB cable (turns out my neighbor donated this because it had her name and music on it still! Said she dropped off 4 iPods....), $2 for the Assassins Creed Brotherhood jack-in-the-box. $25 for 77 Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures. Was leaving and heard a new cart of stuff coming out so I turned around, saw the huge taped up bag on the bottom shelf. Pretty sure just a bundle of the Star Wars figures would get me my money back.

$1 for the Canon Power Shot A490 with case, strap, USB cable, and 2GB SD card. This was from the little thrift store close to my house. Cant really pass on much for $1! She was getting ready to close because it was getting hot and threw out the price just to get a quick sale.

OC6SCFT.jpg
IwBHcci.jpg
8wAzPgj.jpg
54osczi.jpg

bread's done
Back