2018 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Got over to the "big" Salvation Army a few towns over.

Monsters of Rap (CD) - $1.99
T2 John Connor Re-Action Figure (in case) - 99 cents.

They had over a dozen of that same figure, but no other ones. Being a thrift store, I wasn't surprised in the slightest.
My Sally’s had dozens of those figures for months lol. Same price. Also started seeing vendors trying to flip them at the local flea market for $2 or $3.

Van's Mantra snow boots-$8.50. Polaroid SX-70 camera-$3. Apple bluetooth keyboard-$2

VCbVNK6.jpg

No game finds today but I picked this up for $1 each.
3a196157a9495b119c0cd347c06e0699.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox 360 guitar, Wii Nunchuk, camo DualShock 3, and Behringer HPX2000 headphones which Ill use for my metal detector- $8 and change

6eoaeNi.jpg

I got a Vita (OLED model) for $66, but it came to $78 after a warranty and taxes. Not really sure WHY I did this, honestly. I guess I decided it would be smarter to just get a fresh system, rather than trying to repair and potentially ruining the old one. (The right thumb doesn't work and the connector on the bottom no longer transfers data.)

By the way, if you're into collecting video games, a PSP is a good, cost-effective way to do it. Picked up four games and a movie for $25 at Bookman's. There was a huge pile of loose games; it'd probably be safe to say hundreds. Definitely a buyer's market for this system right now.

Went to GW way earlier than I usually do since I have the day off and had a Drs appointment early. Got these sealed WCW trading card sets for $1 apiece. Theyre from 2000 when I was pretty into rasslin' so I couldnt pass them up at $1 apiece!

UI2Wnk8.jpg

I got a Vita (OLED model) for $66, but it came to $78 after a warranty and taxes. Not really sure WHY I did this, honestly. I guess I decided it would be smarter to just get a fresh system, rather than trying to repair and potentially ruining the old one. (The right thumb doesn't work and the connector on the bottom no longer transfers data.)

By the way, if you're into collecting video games, a PSP is a good, cost-effective way to do it. Picked up four games and a movie for $25 at Bookman's. There was a huge pile of loose games; it'd probably be safe to say hundreds. Definitely a buyer's market for this system right now.
Huh? U suggesting get a psp over a vita?

If you're into collecting, it's cheaper! Vita games are getting more and more expensive. When I went to Bookman's last week, there were literally baskets full of loose PSP games, often at five dollars each.

Half off red stickers today so I picked up the 1GB silver iPod Shuffle and USB dock thats been in the case for $6. Everything seems to work okay. Also picked up yet another Donjoy Iceman 3 cold therapy machine (I havent even really done anything with the other 2 Ive bought except for testing them!). It was $12. Came in the original box with boxed ac adapter, booklets, and 2 wraps. Missing the cold pad.

Now that I have the box and booklets I need to make a complete set from the 3 machines and sell that. Would easily make my money plus some and still have 2 machines left for the CL trade pile.....or for myself if I get hurt!

Made a special trip to St. Vincent de Paul thrift and came across an original PS2 complete w/ 2 controllers and cables for $35. Thankfully they had were having a 40% sale so it was $21. Tested it out it and works, plus whoever donated it left 2002 FIFA World Cup in the tray. I owe my Mom the $21 for being gracious enough to by it for me.

The second off-brand controller looks like a dog had used it for it chew toy. The original controller has issues with the shoulder buttons and I need to clean it. They had some games in a case by the register, most old sports games. Passed on those because there was nothing of interest.

fi8C0Pw.jpg

-

They had 50% off of media and games at the thrift store I frequent.

Walked away with all this for about 25 dollars.

They had a bunch more good games for nes but mostly stuff I had or didn't want. Go figure only just bought ninja turtles and ninja gaiden and this placed had them for like 2 bucks each after discount :(

Nes works with every game so far, which was great because my childhood one is becoming more and more temperamental and I don't have time to fix the connector again at the moment.

Also rambo on nes sucks.

I did not have any luck with video games during my savers run but I did find these Carcassonne expansions and Catan card game for $1.99 each. I could not turn down an autographed Eddie Money CD either

[attachment=31141:IMG_20181018_080615415_2.jpg]

[attachment=31142:IMG_20181017_193139688.jpg]

e8e86bc62562f7cf8cc3e54b76f458ea.jpg
No decent game finds... Scratched to Hell copy of Beowulf:The Game for PS3? No thanks! Lol

Book was $2. DVDs were $1 each. NOTLD was sealed and also came with the following: The Devil Bat, The House On Haunted Hill, White Zombie, The Last Man On Earth, and The Bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow at the thrifts lately. Glad I went today............even though these are sadly too small for me. $21.57- 1989 Batman Converse, incredibly clean and with the tag! These are almost 30 years old!

edit 11/5/18- forgot I also picked up 2 PS3 guitars and a DualShock 2 for $8 last week

U7fVwDS.jpg

Picked up Call of Duty Black Ops 2 for PS3 at my favorite Goodwill store. Got some more owls figurines for my collection and some clothes too. 

Animal Humane Thrift had/has a Guitar Hero 2 wired guitar for PS2 (in original box), I ended passing because it looked pretty bad.

It's been slim picking at Goodwill lately... got a couple of cd's for my mom: Tony Bennett sings Ellington and Coal Miner's Daughter: A Tribute to Loretta Lynn; along with a sealed copy of Meet Joe Black (both my mom and I love this movie, so it's nice to finally have a copy of it! :)). Also got a nice phone case for my mom's phone. It's a nice back up one just in case she loses hers. And a pair of lightly worn Nike's. Just have to get some laces for them. The soles and what not look like they're in pretty good shape too.

Found some classic rap and rnb CDs for $0.50 each.

Leaders of the New School - T.I.M.E.
Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
KRS ONE - Return of the Boom Bap
Souls of Mischief - '93 til Infinity
Keith Murray - The Most Beautifullest Thing in This World
Trends of Culture - Trendz...
Aaliyah - One in a Million
Barry White - All-Time Greatest Hits

... And because it was sealed (lol)

Sisqo - Return of the Dragon

Found some classic rap and rnb CDs for $0.50 each.

Leaders of the New School - T.I.M.E.
Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
KRS ONE - Return of the Boom Bap
Souls of Mischief - '93 til Infinity
Keith Murray - The Most Beautifullest Thing in This World
Trends of Culture - Trendz...
Aaliyah - One in a Million
Barry White - All-Time Greatest Hits

... And because it was sealed (lol)

Sisqo - Return of the Dragon
Let me see that thong!!! Dumps like a truck, what does that even mean?

When I used to book concerts in college "Thong Song" came out. I had an advisor who was a lawyer (and kind of uptight) to help me with the contracts for the shows. One day he left me a post it note on my desk saying "What about booking this guy?" It was a postcard with Sisqo looking at a woman's ass on it. lol

The local Goodwills had a 50% sale today. Sole game find was a set of the LBP 2 bookends for $1.50. Nice to find another set... I still have my set from House Party.

Also Picked up some $0.50 movies (Eagle vs. Shark, Big) and CDs (RHCP, Miles Davis).

Hadnt been to GW in about a week, they had a $35 slim PS2 and a $40 slim PS2 in the case up front.......YEAH NAW! Glad I looked at this a little closer, almost passed it up! $3 Dreamcast keyboard. Looks hardly used.

O6617gV.jpg

Scored a Pikachu New 2DS XL new in box from Goodwill yesterday for $80. Pricey but a decent discount for something I've been after.

Goodwill- $12 for a chair they sell at Target for $110. Small thrift- $2 for the cds, the bristles on my current cleaning cd are wearing off and this looked hardly used. The Pokemon cd is just for the shelf....probably wont listen to it!

NQI9IRu.jpg
G2gChhS.jpg

Ben Stiller Show Complete Series DVD - $2
Reel Big Fish "Greatest Hit... And More" CD - $1
Cube Quest: Clash For The Crown board game - $4

Cube Quest is a blast. My 10-year-old and I played about 20 rounds of it last night.

Decided to pop in a Goodwill while taking care of the some family business the other week and spotted a Pikachu New 2DS XL  behind the counter for $80. That's more than I usually spend at Goodwill, but it was new in the box from Target and I've been wanting a 2DS XL so I pulled the trigger. It works like a dream!

First time going to GW this week. Didnt buy anything but I saw a copy of Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and Madden 99 (N64) for $6 apiece. There was a PS1 with cables but no controllers for $12. Wonder what else came in and didnt make it to the shelf or was sold....

Edit 12/23- Nintendo cartridges still in the case. They now have 2 system only PS1s sitting on the shelf by the other one with cables. 2 Wii balance boards. Not 1 PS1 game though which is odd.

Last week I found Sonic Adventure for the Sega Dreamcast complete. Today, I found these. It pays to check the CD section at thrift stores sometimes.

VoqqviF.jpg

Final Fantasy VIII was a Blockbuster rental copy with the annoying security sticks on the discs and no manual, but the others are complete.

Last week I found Sonic Adventure for the Sega Dreamcast complete. Today, I found these. It pays to check the CD section at thrift stores sometimes.

VoqqviF.jpg

Final Fantasy VIII was a Blockbuster rental copy with the annoying security sticks on the discs and no manual, but the others are complete.
Nice, the best I've done with a dreamcast game is finding a Powerstone II case with a soulcaliber disc inside. I bought it anyways, figuring I could get the disc off ebay

VoqqviF.jpg

How much were they?

I'm writing this on behalf of some young boy who was right in front of me at the checkout counter of a Goodwill with his parents, lifting up a small clear bag. Inside was a PSP and cords for $4 and change. Good score! He payed for it with his own money apparently too.

My local store had a wii u (with all cords etc). I got excited when I turned it over and it had a price sticker of 349.99 on it. I started laughing and they asked me whats so funny.

I explained they go for 130 at Gamestop. The clerk called the back and the pricers responded by saying its going for "upward of 700 online".

immediately asked if they could tell me where so I could sell mine for the same amount. Then politely walked away.

The shit thrift stores do these days is ridiculous...

bread's done
Back