2018 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Thrift store near me went out of business but they opened up today for an Everything Must Go closeout event... Everything was FREE with a donation of any amount...

I got this:

PS1 Games: 40 Winks, Speed Punks, NHL 98, Spongebob Super Sponge, Sno Cross Championship Racing, Nascar 98, Rugrats, WCW Nitro, WCW Mayhem, Twisted Metal 4, NFL GameDay

Xbox 360: DJ Hero (w/ turntable) and 3 Guitar Hero Guitars, some Zumba game for Kinect

PS3 Rapala Bass Fishing, Battlefield 4 and a bunch of sports games

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this MP3 Player at a GW. I can't find any information about it. Wonder if anyone knows anything about it.

EkF5zyY.jpg

kij67Pr.jpg

They ran all kinds of promos to get new customers... One was a Twitter promo where if so many people followed them they would get a check for $1 haha

I can only imagine what other swag is out there

Well my favorite Goodwill had some more gems for me today!

UFC Undisputed 3 (PS3) -$4

DiRT 2 (Xbox 360) - $4

Call of Duty: Finest Hour (Xbox) - $4

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (Xbox) - $4

Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 (Xbox) - $4

OG Xbox Duke Controller (w/o breakaway cable/cord) - $15

Heavy Duty Adjustable Stapler - $10

Owl Figurine - $5

Going to a local pawn shop and game store and see if they might have a replacement breakaway cable/cord for the controller. If not I'll  look for it online.

Edit: I almost for(got) that I also got Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Xbox) for $4!

Edit 2: Fixed typo in edit 1, lol.

$15 for an OG Xbox controller without the breakaway cable seems quite high for a Goodwill! Controllers are usually $2-$5 apiece at my GW.

GW pickups- 1973 Lite Brite in box, 1990 sealed pack of pegs, stack of black sheets, and a pouch full of pegs-$3. 1979 Maniac game in box with warranty paper-$2. Black Wiimote motion plus-$6. Mercedes Benz cd case-$1. iPhone 5S-$3, no battery/snap for the wifi wire had disconnected from the wire/ screens probably bad/plastic border around screen in cracked in a few places. Put it up on Ebay asis for parts. 2 sealed packs of Mario Sports amiibo cards, 100+ sealed packs of 1991 Dominoes "The Quarterbacks" cards-$8.

RLVTTLr.jpg
x064DgW.jpg
dHSMT2K.jpg
5KfOJBc.jpg

juangrande386: I think the OG XBOX Duke controller price may have been more like ebay pricing. When I got the SIXAXIS controller for PS3 at the same GW it was $5. Just gotta make sure it works, if it doesn't I'll take it back for a refund or store credit.

No games, but found a Jim Beam/Hard Rock cafe CD of 6 or 7 songs for .60 at the Salvation Army. Skynyrd, BTO and some other stuff. All live versions.

Stopped at a little vintage shop that I'd passed before but wasn't open. Found an RC Cola bottle from this town for $5. Apparently the place was a brewery for a year before prohibition. Got a license from RC Cola and when prohibition was lifted, they never bothered with beer.

Suddenly the Goodwill near me has been gracing me with good condition games.

In the last few weeks I’ve picked up for $1.88
Hasbro family Game Night 3 (wii)
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing (360)
Guitar Hero iii (360)
Minecraft Story mode (ps3)
Grand Theft Auto V (ps3)
A few others I’m forgetting, but was able to flip em all to gamestop during the 70%.

local savers was having 50% off video games. I also got lucky because they just put out a SHELF FULL of games that were actually priced normally.

-360-

Kinect Adventures w/ kinectimals 360 $.50

Medal of Honor Airborne $1.50

The Darkness $1.50

-Wii-

Conduit $1

-PS3-

NFL Blitz The League 2  $2

Blur  $2

Splinter Cell Blacklist $2.50

Little Big Planet $2

UFC Undisputed 3 $1.50

Guitar Hero Van Halen $.50

-PS2-

Harry Potter Sorcerers Stone $2 (really shocked at how much this goes for on ebay / amazon, its a $35+ game)

Red Card Soccer 03 $.50

MLB SlamFest 2006 $.50

-OG Xbox- 

Ford Racing 3 $.50

..and some that did not have the correct game inside the case...(my favorite kind of finds)

King Kong Xbox that had Dragon Ball Z Budokai 1 and Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2 ps2 inside? for $1

Blazing Angels 360 that had skyrim inside? for $.50

PS2 jampack that had a copy of Spider Man PS1 in it for $.50

Nothing too crazy, but really hard to turn down $.50 games...

left a TON of stuff behind too.

In a strange twist, I had to return the adjustable heavy duty stapler. When I tried to staple with it twice (once w/o paper and once w/ paper) it jammed up with multiple staples. Got a store credit for and looked around to see if I could find anything else.

Sure enough I did:

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War (PS2) - $4

Guitar Hero World Tour (PS2) - $4

2 packs of thin DVD/CD/Video Game cases - $.99 each

The Xbox Duke controller and all 6 games are in working order. I used the breakaway cable from my Xbox S controller to test it.  :D/

retro stuff at local thrift (nothing crazy but cheap)

-N64-

FIFA 64 $.99

NBA 2000 $.99

Major League Baseball ft Ken Griffy Jr $1.99

NHL breakaway 98 $.99

Madden 2000 $.99

007 World is not Enough $.99

Waverace 64 $.99

NFL Blitz 2000 $3.99

War Gods $1.99

Mission Impossible $1.99

Star Wars Episode 1 Racer $2.99

-Genesis-

Justice League Task Force $2.99

still debating possibly going for a complete n64 set. I about half way there, but have pretty much every good game for the system. only one or two games that are expensive that I dont have. havn't decided yet.

Interesting find. This article mentions it was a promotion by new castle to reach a younger demographic. Their use of Napster branding in 2006 might have been a little late.

They ran all kinds of promos to get new customers... One was a Twitter promo where if so many people followed them they would get a check for $1 haha

I can only imagine what other swag is out there
So I don't suppose you guys know if it's worth anything decent on eBay or Amazon? I'm getting no hits about the value of this thing anywhere.

It’s been slim pickings at the local thrifts lately, but I took a chance on this puzzle for $1. Glad it’s complete. Also found a sealed Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets soundtrack CD for $0.50 for the wife.
e021480a1ea3010d63aee5cd7beab59d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up an 4th generation 8 GB iPod Touch for $7.50, kind of surprised it worked still.  My luck hasn't been very good with thrift store electronics in the past.

My phone is on its last legs and would on occasion lose service.  Now I have an option for streaming youtube/podcasts via a public Wi-Fi.

I also got a 360 Lego Dimensions base portal for $5.00, missing the 360 game and the Lego pieces.  Already have the 360 game from Gamestop during one of their past 4 for $10 sales.  

I now have Lego Dimensions on every platform except Xbox One.  Kind of surprised Lego Dimensions wasn't on PC/Mac.

Falling behind because I got a bin full of stuff in a CL trade on Thursday but just got around to cleaning and testing it all today....still not done and Ive been at it for 5hrs. Got around to testing the thrift pile though so Ill post it.

Games were $5 apiece from one of those stores were people buy space and setup booths, Id like to know who the one douchbag with the big game case is because his prices are crazy! $17 Zapper, $60 GBA GameShark, $20 strategy guides, $10 GameBoy/PS2 games. Wii bundle was from GW for $20, had Wii Fit Plus inside.

UhiIqsy.jpg

ALWAYS
CHECK
CASES
[attachment=30635:94840DB6-91BD-48B6-8341-62A47F0471BC.jpeg][attachment=30636:6C7DD8BA-F8BD-4ECC-9616-8C0D27EDDF92.jpeg]

Haven't posted in a long while, but picked up:

Resident Evil Black Label Short Box - Complete

Battle Arena Toshiden - Complete

CD's look to not have been played at all.

On a non-video game find, I found a Star Wars return of the jedi Battle of sarlacc's pit board game for $3. It was only missing the Luke figure.  

[attachment=30645:37575097_203116987049213_5894687578325516288_n.jpg]

Sealed Assassins Creed PS3 games were $3 apiece and the baseball was $1. Its got the names of the 1985 STL Cardinals but I think it might be one of those replica balls they do for giveaways, theres no branding on it though.

YYqqC2M.jpg

Sealed Assassins Creed PS3 games were $3 apiece and the baseball was $1. Its got the names of the 1985 STL Cardinals but I think it might be one of those replica balls they do for giveaways, theres no branding on it though.

YYqqC2M.jpg
Yes, definitely a preprint auto souvenir ball. Most MLB teams produce these every year and sell them in the gift shops.

Saw one of those baseballs, at least I think it was one of the auto ones, at a thrift store. They wanted $10 for it. Glad I didn't bother.

Saw one of those baseballs, at least I think it was one of the auto ones, at a thrift store. They wanted $10 for it. Glad I didn't bother.
You really need to look closely at them. highly likely to be a replica, but sometimes you get lucky. it's more for collecting sake either way since nowadays autographs are next to worthless without a coa or at least a picture of the signature happening

$15-Apple m7649 monitor, $9-sealed Futurama figure, $12-1990 talking Bart and 2016 Lisa dolls, $15-slim 160GB PS3 with bluray inside, $2-Mayflash Maxshooter One adapter, $2-N64 promo camera in case, $3-Talkboy, speaker doesn't work but everything else does, and $3-black Xbox360 wireless controller.
sTjiNWf.jpg

I guess an employee got mad about my haul from the other day because today they had a PS2 with power cable and 2 controllers for $30. Im just like "how are you going to put $30 on that when youve sold them for $5-$20 before?" When they have consoles marked $30 they sit. $20 or less will get it sold fast.

My DVI to ADC adapter from Ebay came in.........Apple monitor works.......but only with my laptop. Nothing else will display on it. Using that adapter and a DVI to HDMI I tried PS3, cable box, Dreamcast with HDMI adapter, Retron 5, and N64 with my svideo to hdmi adapter. Looks like this thing is probably going back. Was going to use it as a little side gaming area.

Finally went to Sierra Vista to get my thrift on, and although I didn't have a lot of cash to spend, I was happy with what I took home.

sv_haul.jpg

The DVDs were three dollars each, the copy of Space Invaders Extreme for the PSP was four, the Bluetooth speaker was two (!), and the headphones were picked up from a Dollar General for five. Not shown is a screwdriver from the same DolGen, a copy of Super Baseball 2020 for the Super NES, and the film Pirates of Silicon Valley (three, five, and one dollar respectively).

The Saint Vincent De Paul served up some disappointment... there was a box full of PSP cases, but half of them didn't have games inside. This was especially heartbreaking as they had some choice cuts, including Sega Genesis Collection, Namco Museum Battle Collection, and Capcom Classics Reloaded. Frustrating.

Some stuff I intentionally passed on included Star Trek Tactical Assault for the PSP (the inner ring of the UMD was dirty and it had no case), Star Trek Encounters for the Playstation 2 (is this any good? I struggled with this before ultimately deciding not to take the risk), Disney Golf (although Donald throwing a spizfit over a bogey might have been fun), a Western Digital streaming television device, an antiquated portable word processor with a black and white screen, and no end of televisions, computer monitors, and Blu-Ray players. Gee, when did these get so cheap, anyway?

Oh yeah, and the Salvation Army had a handful of GameCube games. Ty 2: Bush Rescue, Ultimate Spider-Man, Soul Calibur II, Odama... it was a pretty healthy selection considering that the GameCube is getting more popular these days. Since they were seven dollars each, I passed. Also, Goodwill had way more store surplus at fixed prices than anyone in their right minds would ever want. Bluetooth speakers for fifteen dollars? I'll take my crappy blue speaker in the jam jar for two bucks, thank 'ya very much.

EDIT: That jam jar speaker is decidedly NOT crappy. Far and away superior to my last Bluetooth speaker, an iHip Cube that will be lucky to get used as a paperweight in the future.

Nice finds all! I just watched The Goonies with my 10-year-old son last night. He got many laughs out of the statue scene in the beginning. His look when he first sees One-Eyed Willie’s ship was priceless. And I got a “What were they thinking?” from him when I pointed out the multiplying ripped-up contract at the end. Lol.

Anyway... Picked up a couple PS1 sports games for $0.50 each: FIFA Soccer 2002, NBA Live 2000, NHL 2001.

Also bought The Ramones’ “Too Tough To Die” CD for $1.

This is the past week or so of finds. $6 Yamaha YST-SW012 Subwoofer. $3 NES controller. $4.50 Iceman Clear 3 cold therapy machine, missing the pad. $4.50 for the Apple keyboard. $3 apiece for the Genesis games and the 3 pack DS games. $6 for MK64. $2 for the travel alarm clock.

Should've checked the glass case first because a guy had a stack of Genesis games in the cases with booklets and some N64 games. He had at least 10 games in his stack. The ones I remember were Road Rash 3, 6-Pak, and a couple other Genesis games in the cases with booklets, a nicer Mario Kart 64 and maybe Super Mario 64 and 4 others. I said, "DAMN! And I was gonna look up here first!" Thats when he said, "well heres another Mario Kart and Im not interested in those DS games"............OKAY! Not bad for leftovers!

9slr6WF.jpg
GMA1Sho.jpg
g3p66EG.jpg

PS2/PC wheel and pedal, just missing the ac adapter for rumble and booklets-$4.50. TI84 Plus calculator-$15, already sold for $55. N64 games $1.50 apiece....needed the baseball game for my collection. Madden 2002 will be a bundle game.

ZM4kCXT.jpg

Okay........I guess Ill post again. Whites Coinmaster 6000/Di metal detector-$15. 9 sealed Certron D90 recordable cassette tapes, used one to test the mic on my TalkBoy... it works-$2. Size 8 Joker Converse-$15. Pic was taken after some serious Magic Eraser cleaning!

UaBaVtu.jpg

I haven't been to my favorite Goodwill store or any other Thrifts lately. Been busy with errands for a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll head out next week and hopefully come across some well-priced goodies.

Okay........I guess Ill post again. Whites Coinmaster 6000/Di metal detector-$15. 9 sealed Certron D90 recordable cassette tapes, used one to test the mic on my TalkBoy... it works-$2. Size 8 Joker Converse-$15. Pic was taken after some serious Magic Eraser cleaning!

UaBaVtu.jpg
The shoes look clean. How was the white rubber bottoms? How u get it so white? Normally they turn yellowish

UaBaVtu.jpg
The shoes look clean. How was the white rubber bottoms? How u get it so white? Normally they turn yellowish

Magic Eraser, Kiwi shoe cleaner, soapy toothbrush. The bottom of these are black. They weren't that dirty to begin with.The heels are just a little worn, owner took care of these.

I found  a magic the gathering 2015 core set at savers for 2 bucks (cards and what I assume is a manual). It looks complete. I will need to research a little more in Magic to know if the set is complete because I know absolutely nothing about the game.  The cards I looked at were minty

Found and sold another TI-84 Plus. Can't pass on them at $15-$20! Easy flip. Metal detector seems to work, had to search the whole house for 4 C batteries! Need to look up the instructions. Tested the steering wheel and pedal today, works great for the Origin version of Burnout Paradise. Forza Horizon 3 was having none of it!

Found and sold another TI-84 Plus. Can't pass on them at $15-$20! Easy flip. Metal detector seems to work, had to search the whole house for 4 C batteries! Need to look up the instructions. Tested the steering wheel and pedal today, works great for the Origin version of Burnout Paradise. Forza Horizon 3 was having none of it!
I picked up a few TI 80-85s over the years and I need to test them. Where do you buy (and for how much) the screen batteries? I checked dollar tree, but they don't carry that size.

Got over to the "big" Salvation Army a few towns over.

Monsters of Rap (CD) - $1.99

T2 John Connor Re-Action Figure (in case) - 99 cents.

They had over a dozen of that same figure, but no other ones. Being a thrift store, I wasn't surprised in the slightest. 

Pics of the TI84 Plus from the other day, $3 apiece Xbox controllers, and another Iceman. This one was $6, no ac adapter but it did have the pad attachment. Was able to test both Icemans and they both work.

bHUlWBg.jpg
Sa5xvBc.jpg

bread's done
Back