2019 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Whew! Goooooooood day! Headed to the GW and snagged these for $3.99 each. There was a hot lady with her kid there who wanted them. But I was too fast for her. (that's what she said. Lots of shes.) You know what they say. LEGOs before hoes.

lq3McpS.jpg

lQgh4OK.jpg

But that's not even the best of it. Yes, the best, it is... true INSANITY!

jSO3brW.jpg

This thing is brand new! $9 only! Winning! After so long, I finally get a great score!

Whew! Goooooooood day! Headed to the GW and snagged these for $3.99 each. There was a hot lady with her kid there who wanted them. But I was too fast for her. (that's what she said. Lots of shes.) You know what they say. LEGOs before hoes.

lq3McpS.jpg

lQgh4OK.jpg

But that's not even the best of it. Yes, the best, it is... true INSANITY!

jSO3brW.jpg

This thing is brand new! $9 only! Winning! After so long, I finally get a great score!
I got that same Insanity DVD set at Amvets for $2. I haven't watched it even once. It feels good to know I could watch it if I wanted to though

I found 2 dualshock 4's for 5 bucks each at a nearby goodwill. 

they looked in a little rough shape and when you shook them, there were things moving around inside.

"they must be broken" I thought. Someone must have used them for parts, or tried to fix them etc.

I bought both anyway thinking I could at least tinker with them.

I got home and open them up. Both had one of the rumble motors loose and flailing around inside, but to my surprise, they both work 100%; they hold a regular charge and every button works.

I could probably just solder the missing motor on them, but how bizarre they would both have they same sided motor and plastic broken on the same handle. Is this some sort of common occurrence for ps4 controllers?

finally found some games for the first time in forever..

$.99 each

Imagine Fashion Party for Wii

Pictionary for DS (Sealed)

$1.99

Singularity for Xbox 360

$2.99

Far Cry 2 for Xbox 360

Call of Juarez Bound in Blood for Xbox 360

Condemed 2: Bloodshot for Xbox 360

$3.99

F.E.A.R. 3 for Xbox 360 (excited for this one... can't wait to dive back in it)

Wii bundle #1- $30, everything works except a 2nd Wiimote. Wii bundle 2- 2 Wiis, composite cable, sensor, 1GB sd card, N64 controller, Wii games- $35. Mario Kart case had MK/Wii Sports/Mario Sluggers inside, couldnt get Sluggers to play. One Wii wouldnt spins discs so I took it back. (it had Smash Bros inside!)

kgVrtOa.jpg
aM0lzWl.jpg

Found a couple boxes of these. They were $3 each. Can't find much information about it. The quality is supposed to be top-notch, though.

0PTknCY.jpg

ytnocm6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to my favorite GW location with my mom and we found some good stuff. They really changed up the layout of the store since the last time we were in there.

My finds:

5 Hot Wheels for $.99 each

Metal owl candle warmer (silver) - $2.99

My mom's finds:

Large collander - $2.99

DVD/BRD Movies - 6 for $9.99

The Shawshank Redemption :dvd:

The Ghost and the Darkness :dvd:

Quarantine :dvd:

Equilibrium :dvd:

Clash of the Titans :br:

The Losers :br:

They had a Phillips Blu-ray player w/o the power cord for $15, decided to pass on it. They also had an incomplete Wii system in a taped covered laundry basket for $65.

Got this little haul today. Not too bad I would say. It is a little weird that there was not a wii u system though[attachment=31941:20190312_172001.jpg][attachment=31942:20190312_172019.jpg][attachment=31943:20190312_172029.jpg]

Went to my favorite GW location with my mom and we found some good stuff. They really changed up the layout of the store since the last time we were in there.

My finds:
5 Hot Wheels for $.99 each
Metal owl candle warmer (silver) - $2.99

My mom's finds:
Large collander - $2.99
DVD/BRD Movies - 6 for $9.99
The Shawshank Redemption :dvd:
The Ghost and the Darkness :dvd:
Quarantine :dvd:
Equilibrium :dvd:
Clash of the Titans :br:
The Losers :br:

They had a Phillips Blu-ray player w/o the power cord for $15, decided to pass on it. They also had an incomplete Wii system in a taped covered laundry basket for $65.
Don’t Hot Wheels retail for 99 cents?

Had an alright little find at a Goodwill near my mom's house. Makes me long for the days they still sold games at my local Goodwill.

eBoqTtO.jpg

Went to Sierra Vista but didn't find much... just the films Willy Wonka (the first one) and Ghostbusters (also the first one), and a DVD collection of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog's greatest hits. I also grabbed a USB to PS/2 adapter in the hope of using it with my Dreamcast later. We'll see how that pans out.

Had an alright little find at a Goodwill near my mom's house. Makes me long for the days they still sold games at my local Goodwill.

eBoqTtO.jpg
Back in the days My Horse and Me used to go for a quite of money online. I remembered I found 3x sealed copies at Kmart ($2 each) and flipped them on Amazon for $74 shipped each. No joke.

Back in the days My Horse and Me used to go for a quite of money online. I remembered I found 3x sealed copies at Kmart ($2 each) and flipped them on Amazon for $74 shipped each. No joke.
Was that "My Horse and me riding for gold" or this one? The riding for gold was much harder to find and the price you sold it for sounds more in line with that title. 3 at Kmart for $2 each is epic!

Was that "My Horse and me riding for gold" or this one? The riding for gold was much harder to find and the price you sold it for sounds more in line with that title. 3 at Kmart for $2 each is epic!
This one. The riding for gold fetched for even more but it was so rare to find a sealed copy. I did pick a few used copies of "riding for gold" (new but it was converted to used) at Gamestop and sold them all on Amazon. Those was the days. Easy flip.

I think I Love Horses: Rider's Paradise and Horse Life Adventures went for a quite of money also.

These latest hauls make me want to check my Goodwills soon. I have not been to them in about a year as they almost always have nothing of interest. Let's hope that changes.

Kinda slow again lately. Picked up a sealed official Nintendo DS headset for $3. Just a cool little shelf item, not sure if you could still use it anymore!

Got a speaker and an iPod Nano 5th from a thrift for ten dollars. The speaker is decidedly unimpressive, but I like the size of the Nano. It's even got a camera, although heaven only knows why. I just need to find a way to get this thing connected to one of my computers...

First thrifting find of the year:

Fantastic Four on GameCube

Wireless XB360 controller with no rechargeable battery pack but a regular battery cover

Only $2.50 due to a 25% off everything sale.

No game finds but picked up the two-volume edition of Victor Hugo's Les Miserables from 1938 for $1 each. In great condition for 80-year-old books.

Also found "Pom Poko" on DVD (both discs were perfect) for $2.

Ended up with some good finds over the last few weeks.

Thrift Town:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)

Salvation Army:

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (PS3)

Major League Baseball 2K7 - Brand New (PS3)

Rock Revolution (PS3)

Madden NFL 13 (PS3)

Gibson Les Paul Wireless GH Guitar (PS3)

Animal Humane Thrift:

New Era Boston Celtics Fitted Cap

Linds Rental-Style Bowling Shoes (Most unique find so far)

Other finds:

Lots of clothing

A few books

Finished thrifting all of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books for my kids so that's a win lol
Got Mario Party 8 and Wii Sports Resort for $2.97 each too

Went after work yesterday, found another $3 sealed DS mic and a $4 complete copy of MK Wii. Its pretty scratchy, I hope my works dvd buffer will work its magic.

tSYN5lj.jpg

I was tempted to pick up an "Epyx California Games VHS Board game" I saw at amvets but I don't have a vcr. There was also a roller coaster tycoon board game. I resisted temptation and just left them there. I did grab van Morrison's tupelo honey and Willie Nelson's stardust on vinyl though

tx83h58l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tx83h58.jpg

First good score in a while, plus good timing for my girlfriends birthday.

They had a few more of the more popular wii games. Took me a few years to get most of them for cheap, and then I find almost all of them at once lol.

Definitely a good time to buy wii games.

PS1 Time Crisis Titan Project
PS2 Time Crisis 2
PS2 Time Crisis 3
360 Superman Returns (bought to get achievements lol)
$2 each

360 Cabelas African Safari
50 cents

360 007 Legends
360 007 Quantum of Solace
$2.50 each

360 Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
$1

These were my weekend finds

[attachment=32069:20190409_220656.jpg][attachment=32070:20190409_220906.jpg][attachment=32071:20190409_222119.jpg][attachment=32072:20190409_222733.jpg]

The last few weeks/months of pickups. Goodwill, Half Price Books, St Vincent De Paul & Target. I have no problem paying up for rarer stuff like Tactics Ogre and Warcraft II.

NCAA Football 14 (Xbox 360) X 2 $3 each. Both Complete. 1 needs a resurfacing. 1 is Near Mint

Tactics Ogre (PS1) $49.99 Complete

Warcraft II (PS1) $29.99 Complete

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4 Steel Book) New $20.86

WII Sports X2 $1.99 & $2.99 Both Complete

Wii Sports Resort X2 $2.99 each Both Complete

Go Vacation $2.99 Complete

Pokemon Ranger (DS) $1.99 No Manual

College Hoops 2K8 (Xbox 360) X2 $3 each 1 Complete, 1 Missing Manual

Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (Xbox 360) $10 (50% off coupon) Complete

Guitar Hero 5 (PS2) $1.99 Complete

Twisted Metal (PS1) .99 Disc Only

Nascar Rumble (PS1) $2 Complete

Flintstones: Bedrock Bowling (PS1) $2 Complete

CTR (PS1) .99  Complete

Allied General (PS1) .99 Complete

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (PS1) $3 Complete

American Mcgee's Alice (PC) .99

Pretty good find and It was at the same thrift as last time. I normally stop in when I go food shopping and I am glad I did. Spent around $6.50 total[attachment=32079:20190410_184717.jpg][attachment=32078:20190410_184710.jpg][attachment=32077:20190410_184802.jpg][attachment=32076:20190410_184813.jpg][attachment=32075:20190410_184220.jpg][attachment=32074:20190410_184225.jpg]

attachicon.gif
20190409_220656.jpg
attachicon.gif
20190409_220906.jpg
attachicon.gif
20190409_222119.jpg
attachicon.gif
20190409_222733.jpg

The last few weeks/months of pickups. Goodwill, Half Price Books, St Vincent De Paul & Target. I have no problem paying up for rarer stuff like Tactics Ogre and Warcraft II.

NCAA Football 14 (Xbox 360) X 2 $3 each. Both Complete. 1 needs a resurfacing. 1 is Near Mint

Tactics Ogre (PS1) $49.99 Complete

Warcraft II (PS1) $29.99 Complete

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4 Steel Book) New $20.86

WII Sports X2 $1.99 & $2.99 Both Complete

Wii Sports Resort X2 $2.99 each Both Complete

Go Vacation $2.99 Complete

Pokemon Ranger (DS) $1.99 No Manual

College Hoops 2K8 (Xbox 360) X2 $3 each 1 Complete, 1 Missing Manual

Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (Xbox 360) $10 (50% off coupon) Complete

Guitar Hero 5 (PS2) $1.99 Complete

Twisted Metal (PS1) .99 Disc Only

Nascar Rumble (PS1) $2 Complete

Flintstones: Bedrock Bowling (PS1) $2 Complete

CTR (PS1) .99 Complete

Allied General (PS1) .99 Complete

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (PS1) $3 Complete

American Mcgee's Alice (PC) .99
Woah major score on the sports games. If you plan to resell, I suggest holding on to them till next season. I would sell NCAA Football 14 during December because it usually goes for top resale value that month but drops in value after the championship bowl game. Same goes for NCAA Basketball / 2K8. It usually sells for a high amount like a week before March Madness.

Woah major score on the sports games. If you plan to resell, I suggest holding on to them till next season. I would sell NCAA Football 14 during December because it usually goes for top resale value that month but drops in value after the championship bowl game. Same goes for NCAA Basketball / 2K8. It usually sells for a high amount like a week before March Madness.
You are correct. I think I am going to keep 1 of each as they are both great games. As you said NCAA Football 14 was going for a nice chunk of change this year a few months back. I sold one for $119.99.

Things I picked up on vacation. $20 for the Wii bundle on top, no sensor bar or Wiimote though. I see those at Goodwill often so no biggie. Games came out to $11! 4 middle games are complete. SMG is sealed!

cU6oQ69.jpg

I've gotten a few cool things recently, but mostly it's been deadsville. Will post hauls when I'm not lazy. I've gone a whole two weeks without buying a damn thing. Feels Pepe man.

Only gaming find was about 10 copies of Link's Crossbow Training in GameStop cases in various conditions for $1.00 each - I passed as I already had a copy.

Had a great CD find though... The Ventures "Live in Japan 1965" scratch-free for $0.50.

Had a good day thrifting recently:

Nightmare Creatures PS1 for .20

The following Blu-rays for $2 apiece

Dark Knight and Matrix steelbooks

Argo

Anchorman 2 (with a not working talking cover)

GotG

Got most of the Blu-Rays for trade fodder as I already own them in regular form and I don't collect steelbooks.

Thrift store finds have dried up a bit lately. Last great finds from a few weeks ago:

Storm Punch Out bowling ball (15 lbs) - $8

Ebonite single bowling ball bag - $5

It's not unusual to come across old bowling balls and bags at thrift stores in my area. What is unusual is finding reactive resin (strike) bowling balls like the one I bought. Special find for me since I'm a hardcore bowler and bowl in a league on Sunday nights.

Edit: Went to 3 different thrift stores yesterday with my mom. She only came away with two sets of hand towels for $2 at St. Vincent de Paul thrift. Then she found several small cookbooks for a total of $1.25 at Animal Humane thrift.

96STDQF.jpg

I may have used up all my luck for a while.

Also the scoring system in this game is really punishing, deducts a shit ton of points for using any ammo. On top of that you have to score high to unlock stuff. Otherwise really fun so far.

96STDQF.jpg

Also the scoring system in this game is really punishing, deducts a shit ton of points for using any ammo. On top of that you have to score high to unlock stuff. Otherwise really fun so far.
is this the savers in la mirada? I saw a copy of skygunner a week ago but it appears the disc got swiped / stolen.

96STDQF.jpg

I had that game briefly. Damned frustrating despite the cuteness of the characters. It's like hugging a teddy bear that turns out to be a cactus.

is this the savers in la mirada? I saw a copy of skygunner a week ago but it appears the disc got swiped / stolen.
Nah, I'm in Massachusetts. Honestly if it was only a couple bucks probably still worth it for just the case lol.

Edit: some thrift stores do keep the discs for the games behind counters, it's rare but it's worth asking.

I had that game briefly. Damned frustrating despite the cuteness of the characters. It's like hugging a teddy bear that turns out to be a cactus.
Yeah, especially the scoring system. I want to play it like star fox and unload on everyone but it penalizes me for using ammo.

I'm having fun with the game, but it's so strange that it does that. I feel like a few simple changes and it'd be way better.

Found some favorites of mine for my collection. All discs are in mint condition.
  • Blu-ray Close Encounters of the Third Kind 30th Anniversary Ultimate Edition $3
  • 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray Planet of the Apes Trilogy Collection $3
  • Blu-ray Die Hard 25th Anniversary Collection $6
  • PC Game - The Witcher Enhanced Edition $3
IMG-1614.jpg

I also saw a few PS1 titles and bunch of hardcover strategy guides (mostly new/sealed) but I passed on it.

$6 each

IMG-1368.jpg

$3 each

IMG-1628.jpg
IMG-1629.jpg

Scored a few Wii / Gamecube games today. All in perfect mint & complete condition. Crazy!!!!

IMG-4218.jpg
IMG-2342.jpg
IMG-2344.jpg

Scored a few Wii / Gamecube games today. All in perfect mint & complete condition. Crazy!!!!

IMG-4218.jpg
IMG-2342.jpg
IMG-2344.jpg
Motherbleeper! I'd kick the cutest, sweetest puppy you've ever seen if I could find Radiant Dawn in the wild! I just got a nice Wii haul last Saturday. No Radiant Dawn. No Radiant Dawn EVER!

Motherbleeper! I'd kick the cutest, sweetest puppy you've ever seen if I could find Radiant Dawn in the wild! I just got a nice Wii haul last Saturday. No Radiant Dawn. No Radiant Dawn EVER!
I got lucky but now I can sleep in peace. I sold my only copy of Radiant Dawn (I got it for $10 at Sears nationwide clearance) years ago for $30 on craigslist.

bread's done
Back