2021 Thrift Store AND Yard Sale Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Goodwill- 4 sealed games were $6 apiece, Apple keyboard was $2, cd was $1. 3 video games were from a yard sale for $1 apiece.

US1MNoZ.jpeg
I heard royals is fun but I haven't played it myself. I dont know much about the others. GnR is a classic

I must have hit 30 sales this weekend, but video games were few and far between. The only thing I found worth grabbing was this stack of PS1 games for $10. Here's hoping for some better luck next week.

Xo6Z01n.jpg

I'm still finding things (will post some pics tomorrow).... but I've noticed that everyone is trying to be a reseller lately! There's always 4 or 5 people with carts full of shit when I walk in GW after I get off work. Every area has just looked picked through. I've seen this one dude there scanning stuff everyday this week.  He just buys all sorts of random stuff and then puts it on Marketplace. Luckily so far it's nothing I'd bother with- old shoes, backpacks, dvd players, coffee mugs, lots of misc. He did grab a stack of sealed Canon paper packs but I think they only go for $6 shipped on Ebay. 

Got out to two sets of yard sales.

CDs 25 cents

Bluesiana Triangle

Charmed Soundtrack

DVDs $1 each

Jack Black 3 Movie Set (Nacho Libre, School of Rock, Orange County)

Twighlight Zone (First 10 episodes)

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (got this for my nephew)

Book $1

Second Nature: The Legacy of Ric Flair and The Rise of Charlotte

Big Beam No. 166. $2. This thing is an awesome vintage 1950s 6v flashlight like you'd see in an old monster movie. Doesn't turn on but is in great shape. Looked at swapping the PAR36 bulb with an LED one at some point for a project, whenever I can find a deal on one. I guess the bulb is a common-ish floodlight size. There's a discount store that gets them in sometimes. If not, I'm sure Lowes has them.

Retron 3. $7.99. This was from the American Rescue Workers. Has the power supply and both wireless controllers but no AV cables which isn't a big deal. Heard the wireless controllers stink but I have controllers for all those systems.

Yeah for the Retrons youre better off with the original OG controllers! I used the wireless one to setup my R5 then I use official NES/SNES/Genesis controllers to play..... So yeah like I said, local GW has been crazy everytime ive gone in after work. I dont remember people being that bad about a year ago about all pouncing on the rack of stuff being rolled out! The employee barely gets the thing out the door before 6 people are pulling things off and putting them in the cart. And im just watching because none of these people look like theyve probably gotten Covid shots.....judging by their chin diaper mask wearing and general trashiness looks. But I say this and Ive still got pics to show off! Helps when you dont stick to 1 interest like video games!

Pic 1- $6 Keurig K-Mini. $6 Yamaha YST-M8 speakers. Pic 2- About $149 in this pic. Tons of sealed ink, sealed Canon 5x7 shiny paper packs, sealed Xbox/GC/PS svideo composite cable, CamGear 8403A tripod, Tiger Rzone XPG handheld, Ipod Nano with cable and rubber cover, and that metal basket. Cat did not come from GW.... and he's priceless

w8eAUl8.jpg
onWddXy.jpg

Had a couple pretty good finds yesterday, from under the nose of a reseller no less.  I have the opinion that the best finds of the year are usually within the first month of garage sale season.  

First highway sale of the year, got out late because I value sleeping in more than the hunt these days.  Still did pretty good.

[attachment=35575:IMG_0263.JPG]

I'll start off with early day finds, Downhill Dominance was $2 and Rainbow Six Vegas was $3.  Not pictured are 10 empty PS2 and Xbox cases for $1.  The PS3 games, Playstation Underground and PS2 memory cards were free at a separate sale (Sports Champions is sealed).

[attachment=35576:IMG_0265.JPG]

Next are some CDs, $0.50 each.  Never heard of The Oliver Syndrome.

[attachment=35577:IMG_0267.JPG]

Last stop of the day, it was almost 5pm and was at a popular spot near an interstate.  Games were $5 each or 3/$12.  "I've got this rare one", pulls out Snoopy vs. the Red Baron then asks if I've seen Metal Jesus' videos.  "He said this is one of the best flight games".  Cool man, in the meantime I've pulled Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and Marvel vs Capcom 2 out of a box.  No idea how they were still there that late in the day.  Ended up getting everything pictured for $35.  Been wanting to add MvC2 to the collection for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a couple pretty good finds yesterday, from under the nose of a reseller no less. I have the opinion that the best finds of the year are usually within the first month of garage sale season.

First highway sale of the year, got out late because I value sleeping in more than the hunt these days. Still did pretty good.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0263.JPG

I'll start off with early day finds, Downhill Dominance was $2 and Rainbow Six Vegas was $3. Not pictured are 10 empty PS2 and Xbox cases for $1. The PS3 games, Playstation Underground and PS2 memory cards were free at a separate sale (Sports Champions is sealed).

attachicon.gif
IMG_0265.JPG

Next are some CDs, $0.50 each. Never heard of The Oliver Syndrome.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0267.JPG

Last stop of the day, it was almost 5pm and was at a popular spot near an interstate. Games were $5 each or 3/$12. "I've got this rare one", pulls out Snoopy vs. the Red Baron then asks if I've seen Metal Jesus' videos. "He said this is one of the best flight games". Cool man, in the meantime I've pulled Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and Marvel vs Capcom 2 out of a box. No idea how they were still there that late in the day. Ended up getting everything pictured for $35. Been wanting to add MvC2 to the collection for years.
Nice score on the DBZ 3 game. Sold a copy of mine (I have 3 copies of it) for $100 cash on offerup back in Feb.

IMG-7952.jpg

Just scored SNES / NES cartridges this evening after work 20 minutes before closing at GW. $9 each.

2x Mega Man 4 NES
Super Ghouls N Ghosts
Street Fighter 2
Super Game Boy
Wizardly 4
Operation Logic Bomb
Donkey Kong Country
Mike Tyson's Punchout NES
Contra NES
2 Mickey Mouse Games

IMG-7952.jpg

Oh god, will this be the fate of my collection when I die? Donated to a thrift

Just scored SNES / NES cartridges this evening after work 20 minutes before closing at GW. $9 each.

2x Mega Man 4 NES
Super Ghouls N Ghosts
Street Fighter 2
Super Game Boy
Wizardly 4
Operation Logic Bomb
Donkey Kong Country
Mike Tyson's Punchout NES
Contra NES
2 Mickey Mouse Games

Yeah for the Retrons youre better off with the original OG controllers! I used the wireless one to setup my R5 then I use official NES/SNES/Genesis controllers to play..... So yeah like I said, local GW has been crazy everytime ive gone in after work. I dont remember people being that bad about a year ago about all pouncing on the rack of stuff being rolled out! The employee barely gets the thing out the door before 6 people are pulling things off and putting them in the cart. And im just watching because none of these people look like theyve probably gotten Covid shots.....judging by their chin diaper mask wearing and general trashiness looks. But I say this and Ive still got pics to show off! Helps when you dont stick to 1 interest like video games!

Pic 1- $6 Keurig K-Mini. $6 Yamaha YST-M8 speakers. Pic 2- About $149 in this pic. Tons of sealed ink, sealed Canon 5x7 shiny paper packs, sealed Xbox/GC/PS svideo composite cable, CamGear 8403A tripod, Tiger Rzone XPG handheld, Ipod Nano with cable and rubber cover, and that metal basket. Cat did not come from GW.... and he's priceless

w8eAUl8.jpg
onWddXy.jpg
Just out of curiosity, how are you planning to sell those printer ink cartridges?

Just out of curiosity, how are you planning to sell those printer ink cartridges?
He should be able to sell them if the inks aren't expired. Expired inks past their due date for more than 6 months will result in less low page yield or likely be dried.

I used to buy clearance HP / Lexmarks / Canon inks from Sears and Kmart and sell them as a lot on eBay. It was an easy money maker for me back then and the profit I made went toward buying PSN / Steam credit.

Being sealed, Im honestly just taking the risk on some of the ink cartridges being fine. Hoping at least my money spent is made back ($130). Usually I say something in my Ebay posts about "no refunds or returns" but being this type of item I will refund if it ends up being dry. I didnt mention that because I feel like some people might get good ink and take advantage. I also posted pictures of the front and back of the box with the dates if they had any. Still feel like Im risking getting some Negative feedbacks though!

Had the day off today- nothing at GW or the small thrift. Hit up 3 yardsales that were right by each other.......one had 3 Xbox360 sports games and the other had a $60 Xbox360 slim.....no thanks. Asked about other games, each person said no. I felt like one girl was getting ready to say "maybe" but she had just called to order a pizza so she said "uhhhh no...." quickly before talking on the phone. These pickups were from GW on Tuesday/Thursday.

$6 Disney Dinoland Trex. $50 brand new Canon Pixma MP470 printer. $3 Jade Empire Limited Edition, no booklet. $6 apiece for the controllers. $4 for the ink. $4 for the sealed digital optical cable.

IVxfaBR.jpg
aQOVbH7.jpg

Robocop (1987) DVD - $2.50 still sealed.

Marvel's Avengers - Blu/DVD - $1. (I know I have the Blu, I think I got the DVD too but couldn't pass it up.)

USB Mouse still in the box - $1 (This was good timing. I just got my last one out the other month since I trashed the old one.)

Was tempted by a still sealed third party PS2 controller for $2 but it wasn't a good brand one like Mad Katz. Plus I think we have a dozen or more PS2 controllers laying around from all those yard sales in the 2010s.

Got a couple decent yard sale finds today
Xbox 360 games and dvds were $1 each
Halo reach
Halo ODST
Reckoning kingdom of amalur
Dragon age 2
Lord of the rings war in the north

National lampoons vacation
Apocalypse now
Transformers the movie animated

Couple decent finds at the flea market this morning:

WWE 2K19 (PS4) $10
Star Wars Chief Chirpa Ewok figure (1983) $1
The Greatest Showman Blu-Ray (MA code worked) $2

Saturday's yard sale finds were a bit more sparse and less game focused than I was hoping for, but there's some interesting stuff nonetheless. The Wii and games were $20 for the lot and the only video game related stuff I grabbed. The box of political buttons was $10 and is for a friend I have that collects. I picked up the bongos for $2 for my kiddo to play with, and the CD + Mega Man figure were $3.

Side gripe: apparently I missed a box of free PS4 games. It was probably junk, but I'm still disappointed.

tkKPnTr.jpg

Saturday's yard sale finds were a bit more sparse and less game focused than I was hoping for, but there's some interesting stuff nonetheless. The Wii and games were $20 for the lot and the only video game related stuff I grabbed. The box of political buttons was $10 and is for a friend I have that collects. I picked up the bongos for $2 for my kiddo to play with, and the CD + Mega Man figure were $3.

Side gripe: apparently I missed a box of free PS4 games. It was probably junk, but I'm still disappointed.

tkKPnTr.jpg
I was surprised when I traded a disc copy of Wii sports at GS and got $21 credit for it.

Nothing too crazy but I did make it out to a salvation army that still had media for .49 cents each. I remember the Pure Moods commercials, music for my way of life . I will assume starship troopers 2 is hot trash but it was cheap [attachment=35601:IMG_20210519_112127472.jpg]

Lots of sales around town today, still didn't find much.

• Season 1 & 2 Star Wars Rebels Bluray $10 each (yeah, I know)
  • Netflix instant streaming disc for Wii - free
  • Zion 20x280x70 binoculars $10
  • Late 70's early 80's push button tabletop phone $1
  • Wii w/ Wii fit package (Wii fit plus, balance board, aerobic step, 4 jell covers, Madden 07) $10
  • New Castle Brown Ale advertising mirror $10
  • Miller Lite 1997 Brickyard 400 advertising mirror $10

The Wii did not have any controllers or hook ups, just the unit and the items listed.  My thought was to put some ROMs on it... assuming it works.  Also hoping for a disc in the slot.

The Brickyard 400 advertising mirror is for my dad, he loves racing.  A lot of this stuff has become available locally this spring at cheaper prices than they would usually command.  These came out of a bar, but about a month ago I picked up a 28x31 Bud Light Super Bowl XLVI advertising mirror for $50 from someone that sold their liquor store chain.

Also, for as many sales that were going on there were not many with CDs or DVDs/Blurays.  I know this is going to become the trend as fewer people buy this stuff but it was quite the drop off from last time was hitting garage sales (which I guess was 2019).

[attachment=35609:IMG_0277.JPG]

[attachment=35610:IMG_0279.JPG]

[attachment=35611:the haul 5 22 21.png]

A little somethin' somethin' from the St. Vincent RuPaul today. I vowed that I was going to keep my Xbox One library strictly digital, but with prices like these, it was a vow I couldn't keep.

What I'm noticing lately is that I'm passing on more stuff at thrifts, yards, and pawns than I'm buying. I found a keyboard which I'm pretty sure was mechanical for thirty dollars... pass. I found a teeny little Ms. Pac-Man machine that played a decent game of Ms. Pac-Man... pass. Someone was giving away a behemoth television set with unknown issues; they were even willing to help me lift it into my car! Pass. I've tried fixing televisions in the past; the parts are expensive and my track record for success has been exactly 50/50. The scuffs on the screen of this Insignia and the fact that it was unceremoniously deposited on the curb made me think that it was only going to bring down my less than stellar average.

Complete bust for me today but I did get to see some cicadas emerging from their shells with the kiddo, so that was cool. Not as cool as a box of video games, but with my current dry spell I'll take what I can get.

Ohh look at everyone posting! I think combining Thrift and YardSale was a good idea. Didnt go to any sales this weekend, too busy cleaning the PS2 and Genesis stuff I picked up from "my guys" on Craigslist and FB Marketplace. I actually thought the older guy, "Craigslist Scott", mightve passed away because I havent heard from him in months. Ill post that stuff in the Pickups thread.

Goodwill- Mario book $1, PS1 game $3, VHSs $1 apiece, printer $6, ink $2, WWE figures $1 apiece, Game Gear games were individually priced and were about $19 total.

Small Thrift- $10. Top row is complete. Ink is sealed.

OeJspaE.jpg
zOQ8zgg.jpg

First good haul in a long long long time.

Went into my local thrift and found a stack of ps3 games. ALL SEALED. (And one sealed ps2 game)

Tekken tag ps2 $5.99
Tales of Xillia LE $9.99
Jojos Bizarre adventure $4.99
Aquapazza $3.99
Castlevania LoS 2 $3.99
Diablo 3 Ultimate $7.99
Risen 3 $3.99
Alien Isolation $3.99
Deadpool $5.99
One piece Unlimited World $4.99
God of War Ascension $3.99
Red Faction complete $4.99
Fuse $3.99
Arcania Complete $4.99
Minecraft $4.99
Alien colonial Marines $4.99
White Knight Chronicles $4.99
Tales of Xillia 2 $8.99
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 $3.99
Ride to Hell Retribution $4.99
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 $5.99
Worms Collection $3.99
Time and Eternity $10.99
Best of PlayStation $10.99
Atelier Rorona plus $7.99
Atelier ayesha $5.99
Dead island riptide w/ steelbook $8.99

Also had a 20% off coupon on top of this so knocked an additional 20% off those prices. Was shocked to see how much Jojos bizarre adventure goes for. That alone paid for the lot.

First good haul in a long long long time.

Went into my local thrift and found a stack of ps3 games. ALL SEALED. (And one sealed ps2 game)
PS3 stuff in general is going pretty crazy right now. I know that Best of PlayStation game is pretty pricey right now as well (if its the Tokyo Jungle one).

Retro-Bit Retro Duo SNES/NES Console System $25 (half off on pink tag).

PS2/PS1 games $3.50 each

Titles: Buffy PS2, Two Oddworld PS1 games, Crash Warped PS1, Two Blood Omen PS1/PS2 games, Dark Alliance 1&2 PS2, Champions PS2 games, Dr. Muto PS2, & Croc PS1

IMG-3747.jpg
IMG-3748.jpg
IMG-3750.jpg

This past weekend was garbage for garage sales.  I mean, garbage would actually have been more entertaining to look through.  Clothes, baby clothes and baby toys made up roughly 75% of the fare.  The rest was knick-knacks and couponer items.  This one guy had a sale of almost all Target clearance stuff, most of it sanitizer and hand wipes.

Only gaming related item I found was a complete Dreamcast Web Browser 2.0 mixed in with CDs.  I always check the CDs, one time I found a random complete copy of Diablo PS1 mixed in with music.  

I did pick up some $0.25 CDs, nothing spectacular.  Also got a Bluray of live action Mulan for $2.

Pretty disappointing. 

Went to a bunch of sales and the only thing interesting was an old school bell with a broken yoke. Didn’t pick up anything but did meet some nice people. One of the ladies I’m pretty sure was only having the sale to have some people stop by and talk so I spent a little while chit chatting
At least the weather was nice for the driving

It was a pretty craptacular weekend for yard sales here in Baltimore, so I decide to hit up a few pawn shops instead. I picked up everything in the pics below for $80, which is more than I usually spend on stuff like thrifts and yard sales but definitely worth it for these. It looked like these had all been sitting on the shelves for a while, so now I want to make way around to the rest of the pawns around here since it doesn't seem like there's anyone really hunting there.

n5LPZdD.jpg

4DzWy5e.jpg

It was a pretty craptacular weekend for yard sales here in Baltimore, so I decide to hit up a few pawn shops instead. I picked up everything in the pics below for $80, which is more than I usually spend on stuff like thrifts and yard sales but definitely worth it for these. It looked like these had all been sitting on the shelves for a while, so now I want to make way around to the rest of the pawns around here since it doesn't seem like there's anyone really hunting there.

n5LPZdD.jpg

4DzWy5e.jpg
Sweet finds!

Okay here we go.......

Goodwill- $2 for the sealed filter, $15 for the Altec Lansing BX1121 speaker set, and not pictured is about 20 dvd cases I used for PS2 discs for $4. Small thrift- $21 for the 20th Anniversary complete set of Star Trek THG. Small thrift- $108 for the PS2/Wii/GC/PS1/PS3/etc games and the star light projector blutooth speaker thing!.....goodness! The Shrek album case actually has the booklet and disc for SpongeBob Supersponge. Goodwill- $12 apiece. I think they thought these were monitors. They're Dell all in one PCs. They have Windows 10 Pro on them despite being 9 years old. One works just fine, the other shuts down after about 20 mins. Goodwill- $9 apiece talking cat dolls, they go for like $35-$50. Ginger cat is missing the USB cable. White cat is unused I think, cable and booklet are in a sealed bag.

jF9O0du.jpeg
dKbeVPl.jpeg
9kjb1SU.jpeg
DQg1A6C.jpeg
dWTf38w.jpeg
baN5eqp.jpeg

Not a garage sale but the library was having a media sale with 50% off the tag today. Parks and Rec looked unplayed. Chappelle show, Simpsons, and jacksass also looked nice and clean. Michael Jackson for Wii for a surprising find[attachment=35674:IMG_20210612_125406_577.jpg]

I'm a weak man and when presented with an all you can eat buffet, I'm going to eat like a dog and stuff myself until I get sick. The media sale at my library continued yesterday but they shifted to a bag sale. $5 gets you a paper grocery bag and you will fill it with whatever you can. I bought two bags and came away with all of this.
I was pretty excited to see that a lot of tv series sets were still there. They were all dvd, not Blu ray but I think the price was right. I had not watched Kroll Show, Veronica Mars, Mindy project, dukes of Hazzard, or Hannibal before. I was excited to get Mad Men seasons 1-4, a couple seasons of Seinfeld and curb your enthusiasm, and season 4 of fringe. Sadly, I was not able to find a copy of Charlie Sheen's The Chase but Crank 2 and Starship Troopers make up for that[attachment=35690:IMG_20210615_102420966.jpg][attachment=35691:IMG_20210615_102429010.jpg][attachment=35692:IMG_20210615_102634779.jpg][attachment=35693:IMG_20210615_102644194.jpg][attachment=35694:IMG_20210615_102733745.jpg][attachment=35695:IMG_20210615_113618771_MP.jpg][attachment=35696:IMG_20210615_113626354.jpg]

Went for a very long bike ride today, and on the way back I spotted an estate sale. At it I got the following for $175 total:

Gold PS4 Slim 1TB, with gold controller

The Last of Us Remastered

The Last of Us 2: Special Edition

Nier Automatica Day one edtion

Uncharted Collection

Monster Hunter World

I also got two Blu-Rays:

Full Metal Jacket (sealed, which I already had...whoops)

and Apocalypto

Everything made it back safely thankfully. Also there was so much good stuff at this estate sale that if I hadn't ridden my bike I would've filled up my car with stuff. Still had a ton of good blu-rays, a N64, a SNES, some more good PS4 games (which I already had, or werent worth getting), and even some random SNES, Game Boy and Game Gear Games

Also a couple weeks ago I got a whole box of vintage WWF rubber figures that were in not the greatest shape for $5. There were 30 of them

My thrift finds for the last couple of weeks. Long post so Animal Humane Thrift will be under a spoiler tag to save page space:

Salvation Army

Sharp Aquos 32-inch 1080p HDTV

Animal Humane Thrift (had 50% off Media and other items that day. Video Games $.50 each and Movies $1.00 each):

:ps3: MLB 12: The Show

:360: FIFA Soccer 09

:360: NBA 2K13

:360: Madden NFL 06

:360: Madden NFL 10

:360: NHL 09

:360: NHL 13

:360: Rock Band 2

:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed (game only)

:360: FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup (case and booklet only)

:360: Yoostar 2: In the Movies

:360: Kinect Adventures!

:360: Dance Central

:dvd: Fireproof

:dvd: Tyler Perry's The Family That Preys

:dvd: Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?

:dvd: Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too?

:dvd: The Croods

:dvd: The Untouchables

:dvd: Radio

:dvd: Vertical Limit

:dvd:  The Taking of Pelham 123

:dvd: Hotel Rwanda

:dvd: 12 Years a Slave

:dvd: The Book of Eli

:dvd: The Great Debaters

:dvd: The Legend of Zorro

:dvd: The Holiday

A couple other items:

Nike Swoosh Snapback Cap - White w/ black lettering, still has tags)

Owl figurine

Wish I could've gotten it, didn't have the funds

PS4 Slim w/ two controllers and cords - $250 (would have bought it as a backup to my 1TB PS4 Slim)

Goodwill

:ps3: NBA 2K9

:ps3: NASCAR 08

:ps3: Major League Baseball 2K11

:360: Guitar Hero Aerosmith

Other item

Owl statue

Battery operated Wall-E was $3, need to fix his left eye it flickers. Hockey gloves were $6. Video/stereo stuff was $52ish. Hockey sticks were $6 apiece. Disney record was $2.50, it's missing the 2nd record though. All the computer stuff and the religious booklets were in a big clear bag for $9. Probably $80 in stuff in the bag!.

dxz7Fl3.jpeg
xsLHex4.jpeg
wYP2sMM.jpeg

I unfortunately got beaten to some yard sales with games, but at least I brought back something for myself and the kiddo. These were $1 together.

U73C6qi.jpg

Now I have 3 copies of Tenkaichi 3 PS2 lol.

Do you guys know why the Wii version of Tenkaichi 3 goes for a lot less than the PS2 version? Planning to sell my Wii copy.

IMG-0533.jpg

Local GW media section hasnt had anything new in weeks so I asked an employee where all the dvds and cds were. Girl said - "all movies, cds, and books go to a warehouse and then they get sent back but we havent received anything back in almost a month." fuck OFF! JUST PUT A FAIR PRICE ON IT AND SET IT ON THE SHELF! Pretty soon GW will be nothing but crappy clothes, dishes, pictures, and trash! They think theyre making more money selling the good stuff elsewhere but theyre eventually going to lose customers because people want to go into a thrift store and find bargins....but speaking for dishes and "trash" electronics they didnt look up....

Glasses were 50 cents apiece. Sony portable 2.2inch TV was $2. Bought it just for the novelty. It does turn on though but there are no analog TV signals to pickup.Apple keyboard and mouse- $2

OBpfWgE.jpeg
khrEmlG.jpeg
8qrLSYt.jpeg

Local GW media section hasnt had anything new in weeks so I asked an employee where all the dvds and cds were. Girl said - "all movies, cds, and books go to a warehouse and then they get sent back but we havent received anything back in almost a month." fuck OFF! JUST PUT A FAIR PRICE ON IT AND SET IT ON THE SHELF! Pretty soon GW will be nothing but crappy clothes, dishes, pictures, and trash! They think theyre making more money selling the good stuff elsewhere but theyre eventually going to lose customers because people want to go into a thrift store and find bargins....but speaking for dishes and "trash" electronics they didnt look up....

Glasses were 50 cents apiece. Sony portable 2.2inch TV was $2. Bought it just for the novelty. It does turn on though but there are no analog TV signals to pickup.Apple keyboard and mouse- $2

OBpfWgE.jpeg
khrEmlG.jpeg
8qrLSYt.jpeg
I don't even bother with Goodwill. I despise the business model and the website just syphons any chance of finding anything actually decent

I broke my dry spell this weekend! On Saturday I hit a couple of community yard sales around Baltimore and had a lovely time despite the rainy weather. At the first community sale I had to fend off a guy who immediately started digging in a box I had been waiting for, but I managed to grab the slim PS2, Ninja Gaiden, Terminator, and Freedom Fighters for $13 before more conflict arose. I kind of wish I could have snagged the whole box since there's nothing like going through a giant stack of games, but I got the stuff I wanted. After that I headed to a neighborhood called Arcadia, which is just a great place to walk around in even if there are no sales happening. I found a Wii with Mario Kart inside as well as a kid's D&D book for $15, the game boy stuff for $20, the additional Wii games for $10, the XBox games for $5, and then the PS2 games and Yoshi magnets for an additional $5. Pretty happy with how that all worked out, especially the GB games.

as1PRXP.jpg

C1jtThD.jpg

4hUTgOW.jpg

g1TWpWk.jpg

This next part isn't a yard sale find, but it's a nice story nonetheless. Last week a friend from college messaged me about a co-worker getting rid of some gaming stuff and asked if I was interested, which obviously I was. I got in touch with the woman and we worked out a deal for the stuff below, but then randomly she asked if I was related to a couple of other people with the same last name as me. Turns out she knew my parents during the early days of their marriage and so we ended up swapping stories. I lost my dad in 2014 and my mother passed due to a combination of dementia and COVID at the beginning of this year, so it was really nice hearing some fun stories about them that I didn't already know. Games are great and all, but you can't put a price on memories like that.

JYZIoQr.jpg

Rfadt1K.jpg

BRP0JKd.jpg

cEjMHyE.jpg

Forgot to mention in my post, the small thrift store I go to was closed the past 2 weekends- too hot 2 weeks ago and vacation the past weekend. Hopefully this weekend Ill walk in and theyll have a big bag of stuff waiting for me again! ......says the guy who is sitting on a bunch of stuff on Ebay because like seriously noone is buying anything right now!

Forgot to mention in my post, the small thrift store I go to was closed the past 2 weekends- too hot 2 weeks ago and vacation the past weekend. Hopefully this weekend Ill walk in and theyll have a big bag of stuff waiting for me again! ......says the guy who is sitting on a bunch of stuff on Ebay because like seriously noone is buying anything right now!
What do you have that's not moving, for me 3ds, GameCube, and Wii move quick. Board games and CDs , not so much. I sell almost only on Mercari now and not having media mail as a shipping option makes it hard to sell movies, vinyl and CDs when shipping is so high

What do you have that's not moving, for me 3ds, GameCube, and Wii move quick. Board games and CDs , not so much. I sell almost only on Mercari now and not having media mail as a shipping option makes it hard to sell movies, vinyl and CDs when shipping is so high
I guess im most surprised that im sitting on some valuable PS2 games, Nintendo 64 stuff, and NES bundles. I remember NES stuff not lasting over a week when Id list it. Ive got 3 bundles sitting. Ive got 6 PS2 console/game bundles. A couple 360 bundles. A bunch of random. Im at 467 listed items.

Mercari for me is hit and miss, I do like the 3 day window. But Ive had good luck locally and in fb grps for retro gaming (can send you links if you want them)

Shrek glasses were $1 apiece. PSP game case with Sampler UMD was $1. New Mountain Dew earbuds were $3. GBA game case with ESPN Final Round 2002 was $2.

nzgF647.jpeg

bread's done
Back