20GB PS3 $349 @ GS (if you can find one) YMMV (added locator link)

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Anythony1 over at the AVS forums made a few calls to various Gamecrazy and Gamestop stores.

Gamecrazy
Used 20GB - $339.99
Used 60GB - $439.99

Gamestop
Used 20GB - $369.99
Used 60GB - $449.99 (thanks movieman2742)

NEW
New 20GB - $449.99
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=020071&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-bdR2CsfXYehCxfgY3pAAQw

Good deal if you need a cheap one.
20GB PS3s aren't gimped, I have one and love it.
Plus, they have the EE for full PS2 BC.

EDIT:
Gamestop product locator! (thanks to everyone who contributed to this)

Used 20GB

www . gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=100&sku=909111&zip=XXXXX&product_name=20GB+PS3+%2D+Used&platforms=PS3&sbox%20 =160726a%2Ejpg&status=BO&bn=False

New 20GB

www . gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=200&sku=020071&zip=37421&pr oduct_name=Sony+PlayStation+3+20+Gig&platforms=PS3 &sbox=020071a.jpg&status=A&bn=False

remove the spaces at the beginning and , and replace the XXXXX with your ZIP CODE

When I was at Meijer today, they had a price drop tag saying the 20GB PS3 is $399.99 (only had one 60GB left at $499.99). If anyone knows of a Meijer that might still have a 20GB, take a look.

good find op. I was wondering about what would happen to the 20gb skus still floating around out there. $340 for a bluray player that plays ps2 games is decent. And who knows maybe one day they'll have some next gen games for it too.

I was wondering about new 20GB PS3's, it would be horrible to find one and have it ring up $499.99. If I could find a new 20GB for $399, I think I would get it.

This is a helluva steal. Wifi can be added if necessary, the memory card readers aren't that important (though, as a photographer, my wife loves checking out the pictures on our HDTV using the compact flash reader), and the HDD can be upgraded.

You won't see a deal like this on the PS3 for a *long* time.

EDIT: All 20GB systems will have the EE, too, making it perhaps more desirable.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']When I was at Meijer today, they had a price drop tag saying the 20GB PS3 is $399.99 (only had one 60GB left at $499.99). If anyone knows of a Meijer that might still have a 20GB, take a look.[/quote]

And you can get 10% off by opening a Meijer credit card, and I think they are doing a $10 off bonus that stacks on that. Very tempting, if I could find one...

I have a feeling if I called my mom and asked her to check Meijer for 20GB PS3s (lots of Meijer in Detroit, not so much in Cleveland), she would give me all sorts of shit. Though I will see them in a week or two, so maybe...

I have a 20GB and I love it. I got it off ebay at launch for about $400 shipped. I just upgraded the HDD to 120 GB and I have a wireless gaming adapter that works flawlessly with it.

i also have a 20gb and love it. Im upgrading my HDD this week. The 369-399 would make it easy for me to buy a second one for the kids

[quote name='bombtom15']I have a 20GB and I love it. I got it off ebay at launch for about $400 shipped. I just upgraded the HDD to 120 GB and I have a wireless gaming adapter that works flawlessly with it.[/quote]

[quote name='blazerock']i also have a 20gb and love it. Im upgrading my HDD this week. The 369-399 would make it easy for me to buy a second one for the kids[/quote]

THAT is how you do it guys. :applause:

Suddenly it seems, with the announcement that the current 20 and 60 gb models are the last units to have the Emotion Engine, the 20 gb edition has become a lot more appealing when they were the unwanted sibling of the 60gb.

I guess it's about time the 20gb units had their due time in the spotlight, eh? Hopefully those 20gbs will finally move that I see caged up at BB each time I visit.

[quote name='bombtom15']I have a 20GB and I love it. I got it off ebay at launch for about $400 shipped. I just upgraded the HDD to 120 GB and I have a wireless gaming adapter that works flawlessly with it.[/QUOTE]How much did it costs you to make it wireless, because I may need to do it, but most every adapter I see is $80. :( I wish Sony allowed for USB adapters to be supported.

[quote name='TahoeMax']If nothing else, that's the cheapest Blu-Ray player I've ever seen. Nice :)[/quote]
My thoughts exactly. :whistle2:k at that price, now i'm tempted...

Do you get qualify for the 5 free Blu-Rays with the purchase of a used unit?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My thoughts exactly. :whistle2:k at that price, now i'm tempted...

Do you get qualify for the 5 free Blu-Rays with the purchase of a used unit?[/QUOTE]

Used? Dunno. 20GB? Nope.

[quote name='mykevermin']Used? Dunno. 20GB? Nope.[/quote]Unless I'm missing something, the form just says you have to buy a PS3 - doesn't specify beyond that.

Just looked up the details. As long as the used unit comes with the original UPC, I'm golden.

If I find one, I'll get one. This was the right price I was looking for. $360+$100 worth of Blu-Ray's - $100 in GS credit = Good enough for me.

[quote name='botticus']Unless I'm missing something, the form just says you have to buy a PS3 - doesn't specify beyond that.[/quote]

It used to say 60GB but it was changed so it is only PS3 now- unless I've missed something else.

[quote name='dallow']Welcome.

Linkin.
Prime.[/quote]

Hey, that's if I find one. I feel like a traitor to HD DVD and XBOX360 just thinking about it.

Wifi means nothing to me for online gaming (wired my house with cat6), but can anyone explain how PSP/PS3 compatabililty works with the 20g?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hey, that's if I find one. I feel like a traitor to HD DVD and XBOX360 just thinking about it.[/quote]:whistle2:$ Shhh. I won't tell. You just sit back in your chair, turn on your TV, and enjoy that AVC MPEG4, LPCM goodness.

[quote name='v0yce']Wifi means nothing to me for online gaming (wired my house with cat6), but can anyone explain how PSP/PS3 compatabililty works with the 20g?[/QUOTE]You just need a wireless router and your PS3 connected to that same router, for local remote play. It works just fine.

My problem is that I'm moving to an apartment, where the internet comes from my bedroom and is a distance away from my living room. I'd have to run a 50-100ft cat5 cable around my apartment to get to my PS3, from my router. That's why I'm thinking about upgrading to a 60GB, but I dunno yet.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You just need a wireless router and your PS3 connected to that same router, for local remote play. It works just fine.

My problem is that I'm moving to an apartment, where the internet comes from my bedroom and is a distance away from my living room. I'd have to run a 50-100ft cat5 cable around my apartment to get to my PS3, from my router. That's why I'm thinking about upgrading to a 60GB, but I dunno yet.[/quote]Wireless adapter....

[quote name='dallow']Wireless adapter....[/QUOTE]Yeah, but the wireless adapters I've seen, are around $80-$100. Since I'm kind of cheap, I'll probably just buy a $6 cable.

Dude, my wireless adapter was $20. And zewone got his for $15.
You gotta find a deal. This is CAG!

Having wires run around sucks.

Hopefully the 20 GB will start popping up in stores, maybe someone will want to trade theirs in towards the cheaper 60 GB or that 80 GB one coming out.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']

Feasible! Does the PS3 have a territory lockout? Or can you play imports freely?[/QUOTE]

PS3 imports: yes

PS1/2 imports: nope

[quote name='TehTriggerman']

Feasible! Does the PS3 have a territory lockout? Or can you play imports freely?[/QUOTE]

You can play imports freely iirc, but ps2 part is still region locked

I might bite at 339...but i doubt ill find one. Seeing as how i just moved my router the no wireless adapter wouldnt hurt me either.

edit: anyone know the SKU so we can use store locator for gamestop?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hey, that's if I find one. I feel like a traitor to HD DVD and XBOX360 just thinking about it.[/QUOTE]

My systems live in harmony :grouphug:

Yours should too ;)

Stopped by Gamestop...had a refurb for $369. The guy at the counter had no clue on my question.

Are the 20GB model AV cables Component or RCA?

I bought it anyway since it was the last one and they are rare, and I'm still debating, but I won't open it until I do all the research, so at this point I might still return it. Oh and it came in a brown box, no Sony UPC, though I have a friend with a 60GB PS3 and he told me that he can give me his UPC so that I can send it in for the free Blu-Ray movies...Do you guys think that this will work? The receipt indicates 20GB.

Also, if I keep it, I'll be selling my PS2 (Fat), problem is I have an imported PS2 game that I never got to play because I never got around to getting one of those flip top lids for my PS2. Has anyone figured out how to play PS2 JPN imports on a PS3?

I have a 20gb PS3 that I'm looking to sell, I'll sell it to anyone on here for 385 shipped. It's in perfect condition, I take care of my stuff. I'll create an auction on e-bay, send you the link, and you can just do a "Buy it Now" so everything is official. If you're interested e-mail me @ [email protected]

[quote name='mva5580']I have a 20gb PS3 that I'm looking to sell, I'll sell it to anyone on here for 385 shipped. It's in perfect condition, I take care of my stuff. I'll create an auction on e-bay, send you the link, and you can just do a "Buy it Now" so everything is official. If you're interested e-mail me @ [email protected][/quote]
Does the box have the UPC? Does it come with Component or HDMI cables? Digital Sound cable?

I know this is OT but how does a person know if their system has the EE still intact?

I have a 60gb bought 2 weeks ago. IM sure it has one but how does a person tell?

[quote name='seanr1221']All PS3's come with composite cables. You need to buy component/hdmi separately.[/quote]
Yeah, he's talking about a refurb though, so who knows - there might not be any cables at all in the box...

[quote name='JokerCard']I know this is OT but how does a person know if their system has the EE still intact?

I have a 60gb bought 2 weeks ago. IM sure it has one but how does a person tell?[/QUOTE]

Have to go dig around on the net and do some research on what games don't run on the emulated version. Then you could test that game on your console to see if it actually works. Otherwise you're going to have to find out what the EE chip looks like and crack your PS3 open to find it. That's assuming you're not willing to take the model number of your PS3's word for it.

linkin mind posting that 20 gig sku number?

With that you can use the store locator for gamestop(ill have to look up the thread i read that in right now)

[quote name='Weedy649']linkin mind posting that 20 gig sku number?

With that you can use the store locator for gamestop(ill have to look up the thread i read that in right now)[/quote]
From the receipt:

909111 and not sure if this means anything but next to it 909/000

bread's done
Back