20GB PS3 $349 @ GS (if you can find one) YMMV (added locator link)

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Anythony1 over at the AVS forums made a few calls to various Gamecrazy and Gamestop stores.

Gamecrazy
Used 20GB - $339.99
Used 60GB - $439.99

Gamestop
Used 20GB - $369.99
Used 60GB - $449.99 (thanks movieman2742)

NEW
New 20GB - $449.99
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=020071&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-bdR2CsfXYehCxfgY3pAAQw

Good deal if you need a cheap one.
20GB PS3s aren't gimped, I have one and love it.
Plus, they have the EE for full PS2 BC.

EDIT:
Gamestop product locator! (thanks to everyone who contributed to this)

Used 20GB

www . gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=100&sku=909111&zip=XXXXX&product_name=20GB+PS3+%2D+Used&platforms=PS3&sbox%20 =160726a%2Ejpg&status=BO&bn=False

New 20GB

www . gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=200&sku=020071&zip=37421&pr oduct_name=Sony+PlayStation+3+20+Gig&platforms=PS3 &sbox=020071a.jpg&status=A&bn=False

remove the spaces at the beginning and , and replace the XXXXX with your ZIP CODE

[quote name='mva5580']I have a 20gb PS3 that I'm looking to sell, I'll sell it to anyone on here for 385 shipped. It's in perfect condition, I take care of my stuff. I'll create an auction on e-bay, send you the link, and you can just do a "Buy it Now" so everything is official. If you're interested e-mail me @ [email protected][/quote]

just the system, or any games as well?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']How much did it costs you to make it wireless, because I may need to do it, but most every adapter I see is $80. :( I wish Sony allowed for USB adapters to be supported.[/quote]

I use the D-Link DGL-3420 that I got from amazon for about $65.

[quote name='JokerCard']I know this is OT but how does a person know if their system has the EE still intact?

I have a 60gb bought 2 weeks ago. IM sure it has one but how does a person tell?[/quote]

You're fine. The 80 GB won't have the EE intact and specifically states this on the box. I imagine even if they remove it from the 60GB then it will have the same "software emulation" text on the box as the 80 GB version.

Got it! Dallow feel free to add this to OP to make this search much much easier for the our fellow CAGs. Thank rofuss,botticus,linkin and of course Dallow for the info, i just pieced it together :)

www . gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=100&sku=909111&zip=XXXXX&product_name=20GB+PS3+%2D+Used&platforms=PS3&sbox%20=160726a%2Ejpg&status=BO&bn=False

just place a www in front of that as normal and your zipcode instead of XXXXX

[quote name='botticus']www .gamestop. com/productavail.asp?miles=10&sku=160726&zip=XXXXX&pro duct_name=Yggdra+Union+%2D+Used&platforms=GBA&sbox=160726a%2Ejpg&status=BO&bn=False

There you go. Just take out the spaces in www.gamestop.com (and the few others it added in there for some reason - "pro duct_name" and "sbox ="), and put your zip in place of the XXXXX.

Yes, it will still say "Used," but you can make it say whatever you want by changing the product_name param. The SKU is all that matters. Save the link for future reference, perfect way of checking any product availability when it vanishes from the site.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Weedy649']Got it! Dallow feel free to add this to OP to make this search much much easier for the our fellow CAGs. Thank rofuss,botticus,linkin and of course Dallow for the info, i just pieced it together :)

www . gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=100&sku=909111&zip=XXXXX&product_name=20GB+PS3+%2D+Used&platforms=PS3&sbox%20=160726a%2Ejpg&status=BO&bn=False

just place a www in front of that as normal and your zipcode instead of XXXXX[/quote]Fine work. Quite a few in driving distance for me (no new 20GBs in 200 miles), but I will be forever hesitant to buy a used console. Just seems that the majority of people who trade-in systems take shit care of them.

If anyone is interested, my local KMart said they had a few of the 20GB models left. Not sure if they've lowered the price (probably not since they're a bunch of dumbasses) but when they do I'm sure you can get a new-in-box one there. Not people go to the big red K for their high end electronics ..... again because of the dumbasses.

I don't think it matters actually.
It finds 20GB, used, refurb, or new.

Wow, there are a few around here.
Gotta tell my cousin, this was the price he was waiting for.

[quote name='dallow']Ah that sucks man.
But yes, there are more important things.[/quote]

I know...my wife had to knock sense in me...I even tried to play the "if you want to see Disney movies in Hi Def, this is the only way..." but she's right, a good car seat for my son is more important.

if thats the refurb then there are quite a bit in my state. Im counting around 10 from here towards my college campus(an hour away).

btw congrats on the baby linkin! Its a good deal, but im sure you got plenty of backlog for the 360 until you do get one :)

[quote name='Weedy649']if thats the refurb then there are quite a bit in my state. Im counting around 10 from here towards my college campus(an hour away).

btw congrats on the baby linkin! Its a good deal, but im sure you got plenty of backlog for the 360 until you do get one :)[/quote]

Thanks.

Also remember, refurbs don't come in orginal boxes so it won't have the original Sony UPC that's needed for the 5 free Blu-Ray offer. Unless there's a way to go around it with Sony CS...

Damnit, I had planned to wait at least a couple of years before getting a PS3. But now I'm worried that the EE models will command a premium in the future, and that I should get a 20GB while they're cheap.

[quote name='elmyra']Damnit, I had planned to wait at least a couple of years before getting a PS3. But now I'm worried that the EE models will command a premium in the future, and that I should get a 20GB while they're cheap.[/quote]

:whistle2:k I forgot about that BC stuff too. Do you guys think that in a few years the 60GB models will drop it and be like the 80GB's?

Damn you elmyra for making me think this over again ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:whistle2:k I forgot about that BC stuff too. Do you guys think that in a few years the 60GB models will drop it and be like the 80GB's?

Damn you elmyra for making me think this over again ;)[/quote]I'm pretty sure the 60GB will be as relevant in 2 years as the 20GB is now.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:whistle2:k I forgot about that BC stuff too. Do you guys think that in a few years the 60GB models will drop it and be like the 80GB's?

Damn you elmyra for making me think this over again ;)[/quote]
Sorry! ;)

I'll be surprised if the 60GB models still have the EE after this holiday season. The whole point of taking it out is to save money, and I doubt they want to keep losing the extra money on 60GBs for another couple of years.

I just want the 20GB because it's cheap right at this moment in addition to having the EE. I doubt we'll be seeing PS3s available at $400 or less for quite a while after this. The remaining new 20GBs are going to sell pretty quickly at $400 (assuming that turns out to be universal), and if the demand for them goes up in the future due to the guaranteed EE, GameStop will certainly raise their prices.

Spotted one at the Ontario, CA Gamecrazy on mountain ave. It was still there as of 5:00 pm. The manager claimed that it was a new one that someone traded in for a 360

Called Gamestop and they had one 20GB for $369 they told me. I drove out there looked on the display wall with the PS3 used box and it had 2 prices $469 & $349. I asked the sales person what the prices were for. She told me that $469 was for a used 60GB and $349 was for a used 20GB. I said give me a 20GB and it rang up $369. She said that is must not have been updated and overrode the price at $349. Used a $50 gift card and paid about $320.

[quote name='dallow']
Gamestop
Used 60GB - $449.99 (thanks movieman2742)
[/QUOTE]

While the 20GB are definitely worth looking around for, the 60GBs aren't all that much of a deal once you factor in tax in most states...for $20-30 more, you could get a new one from amazon...That way you definitely get the 5 free Blu_ray disks as well as the free second movie and the free remote.

Damn you elmyra for making me think this over again ;)[/QUOTE]

sorry to go off topic for a bit, but my wife is also pregnant and the key to getting ready for this is hand me downs, tell eveyrone you know she is pregnant and you ahve nothing against hand me downs, we have just about everything we need, from crib to bassinet(sp) to clothes, but my wife is kinda crazy with the planning stuff so.......
just keep an eye out also craigslist has baby stuff up there all the time.

and of course keep that woman happy lol, good luck my friend. :)

Does anywhere still have known stock of *NEW* 20GB units? It would be so cool if I could get one for $400. Sony would actually have a cheaper system than Microsoft if they still had that model.

[quote name='Caliburn']Suddenly it seems, with the announcement that the current 20 and 60 gb models are the last units to have the Emotion Engine, the 20 gb edition has become a lot more appealing when they were the unwanted sibling of the 60gb.[/quote]

They were never the unwanted siblings of the 60GB unit. They were sold out everywhere I went since launch, and were a much better deal for most people. The only people who didn't want them were people who thought they were a tard pack just because Microsoft's lower 360's are bad deals.

[quote name='v0yce']Wifi means nothing to me for online gaming (wired my house with cat6), but can anyone explain how PSP/PS3 compatabililty works with the 20g?[/QUOTE]

What kind of compatibility? As someone mentioned, you can still set up wireless if you want to use the remote viewer stuff on the PSP (or don't set it up if you'll only use it over the internet).

But if you're just connecting them to download games and stuff like that, you do that over USB, not Wifi.

Here's a locator for the New 20gb

www . gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=200&sku=020071&zip=37421&product_name=Sony+PlayStation+3+20+Gig&platforms=PS3&sbox=020071a.jpg&status=A&bn=False

Thanks! I'll save that link. Unfortunately Chicago has the closest 20GB units, and that would cost me as much as just ordering it off Amazon :D

[quote name='arthurRWD']Here's a locator for the New 20gb[/quote]
Thanks for posting that. Unfortunately, it confirmed my suspicion that there aren't any nearby. There are several refurbs, but after thinking about it, I'm not sure whether I want to mess with that.

Looks like there are a couple of used 20gbs available in Columbus, Ohio and Pittsburgh, PA.

Always call to confirm. $339 is a great price but I really have no need for a PS3 yet, hate to buy it early.

Ill think about it.
I have $99 in my bank account, a summer class bill of $575 due @ 5pm today
and the $100 Right stuf anime DVD sale to pay.

Lets rejoice

OMG. Found a used 20 gig at Gamestop. Went there to pick one up and the guy opens the box and there's crhome trim on it, so i'm thinking ok, he'll scan it and take it back and find me a 20 gig. Nope. He scans it and it comes up in the system as a 20 gig! So with the 2 games i traded in I just got a used 60 gig for $355!

[quote name='thirteenyahs']OMG. Found a used 20 gig at Gamestop. Went there to pick one up and the guy opens the box and there's crhome trim on it, so i'm thinking ok, he'll scan it and take it back and find me a 20 gig. Nope. He scans it and it comes up in the system as a 20 gig! So with the 2 games i traded in I just got a used 60 gig for $355![/quote]

You got a bargain my freind. wish i could of only paid out 355 for mine.

Well my buddy wanted to get one so we went to a local gamestop after checking the "availability". The site shows 1-3 (I know you should call first but its less then 5min from my house) so we went and guess what... They guy said they had none and that the would still be 499.99 new and around 459.99 used and that the store has not seen one in months. Oh well I think he might have been full of it but not worth the hassle. There is a store a few miles out of town that might have some so maybe Saturday I will check it out.

How do we know if our 60 gig versions have the EE chip? I bought mine off craigslist so I don't know "when" it was originally purchased.

Damn. So tempting...but I just don't know if I really can do it right now. I have the money, but I know I'm gonna have to put it towards other things in the near future.

Hopefully I'll be able to track one down in a couple of months, when I'll actually be able to spend that kind of money.

Really nice deal, I was asking the manager I know at my local Gamestop about a week ago if they'd be selling used 20gb PS3s for a lower price, and he said they didn't have any in and the prices weren't updated in the computer yet, but he imagined they'd probably end up getting a few people turning theirs in over the next few months and to just check in every once in a while. Looks like that's exactly what I'll be doing.

A PS3 for under $400 is about what I'm looking for, especially since I really want the upsampling on the backwards compatibility. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out, never thought a PS3 could possibly be the first next-gen system that I'd buy.

Oh and just a heads up to those who were curious: the video cables from the PS2 also work on the PS3. So if you have a PS2 component cable, you can use it on the PS3 as well.

I found a 20gb PS3 at my local eb. Priced at $369.99 + tax = $398.66.
This is not too bad but only 1 thing I am afraid of, they offer only a 1 month instore warranty. The rep said that the 1 year factory warranty will no longer qualify. Can someone else verify this w/ me? He said, but you can buy an extra 1 year instore warranty with us at EB for 40 bux extra.

I hit up my gamestop which said 1-3 units and they guy working looked at me like I was crazy.

HIM
"Those have been discontinued since like January dude."
ME
"Yeah but there are still some floating around the market. Its not like they all disappeared."
HIM
"Well I can look in the system I guess..."
ME
"Please."
HIM
"Well there's one in Kentucky."
ME
"How much is it listed as?"
HIM
"499"
ME
"For a used 20 gig??"
HIM
"Oh you want a used one?? Alright...let me look that up."
ME
"Thank You"
HIM
"Uh we don't have one..."

Good lord, I should have just went to circuit city and bought a 60GB. Would have been less hassle....

Couldn't find a Gamecrazy in Cincinnati that had used one. Every time a called a store it was the same conversation. "You know, the price of the 60GB just dropped $100 dollars." Yes, I know. :lol: That stinks since I have some serious credit saved up there.

400 with tax included is still a lot from gamestop but gamecrazy would be more reasonable at 370. I called up and they said the warranty extended for a year would be $100. Doesn't that sound a little much? Really annoying since i have 230 in credit at fye.

test

bread's done
Back