24: Season Six Thread ***Spoilers for Season Finale on the OP***

[quote name='H-Town Info']I think they should had done a flashback on another part of the screen to showed what he lost all of his life as he reflected back.[/quote]Now THAT would have been a nice touch.

On a side note, these were the first episodes I'd watched with Ricky Schroder (stopped watching after first 4 eps this year).

What a horrible actor.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']At least at this point I can at least watch next season to see where it will go. How many of you guys will watch next season or did this one kill it for you?[/QUOTE]

This one killed it for me. I quit right after the assissination attempt on Wayne Palmer. I might retry this season when it comes out on DVD but I'm very skeptical on that even.

Just watched the finale on Tivo.

What a horrible, horrible letdown of a season-ender!

Although looking back at this extremely lackluster season I don't know why I expected anything more....

To all who said "decent ending" and it was a "decent season" and all that, you've got to be kidding me. Apart from the opener, there was very little this season had apart from seriously bad, predictable, writing. A few good episodes, but on the whole this season stank.

Stank HARD.

I'll still watch next season, 'cos I have hope that with the universal panning this season received that the writers will make a determined EFFORT next year, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Who here thinks
Philip Bauer got on that speedboat and got off the oil platform before it exploded? Jack should've shot him in cold blood instead of just turning away. Any other REALLY good season he would've.

I might jump ship on next years...I will give it a couple of episodes, and if it is more of the same then I am done....I know the producers hear the fans complaints of this years show...so hopefully they will make changes for the better

24 has been my favorite show on tv for the last few seasons (and, even if this season seemed to have some absurd things in it, I still was willing to look the other way to enjoy it).

Being new to the thread, just wondering, would season 7 be time to change the focus of the show? Why not have Jack turn his back on the US? His motivations for changing are everywhere (he's lost just about everyone he's loved, his kid can barely stand him since he's never there, and did he truely kick the heroine habit from a few years ago)? Have Jack have a personal vendetta against the new administtration and turn, possibly mid season next year. This can give the show many new roads (including the bad guys winning at the end of season 7? This could role into season 8, and honestly, how many more seasons of this will Kiefer want to do after 8 anyway?

I think this is the turn that the show needs to become fresh again.

I thought the ending was fine. Granted it was predictable like alot of the season was, but there's alot to be said for a fresh start. And if you didn't like the exchange between Jack and Heller at the end you have an empty scrotum IMHO. They even said they are changing the show big time for next season. You can't do that without a fresh start.

This season was by far the worst of the 6, but come on...those of you who are bitching and moaning and saying you aren't going to watch anymore need to get over it. It's still better than most of the other garbage on network TV isn't it? Plus, one season out of six is lackluster? That's a pretty good track record if you ask me. Now, two lackluster seasons in a row, that would be cause for concern.

I think that Jack should be a rogue agent or they should kill CTU, or they should come up with a secret goverment organization with no rules and none of that BS about waiting for approval from ______, to do _______ that CTU loves to do. This way Jack can just go out there and kick some ass. Ofcourse, Chloe would be asked to join in this elite secret org.

How's that for a fresh start?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I think that Jack should be a rogue agent or they should kill CTU, or they should come up with a secret goverment organization with no rules and none of that BS about waiting for approval from ______, to do _______ that CTU loves to do. This way Jack can just go out there and kick some ass. Ofcourse, Chloe would be asked to join in this elite secret org.

How's that for a fresh start?[/QUOTE]

a fresh start would be Jack either going rogue and the show entirely focused only on him and his enemy... either that or he becomes president or vice president, which I can see happening.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']either that or he becomes president or vice president, which I can see happening.[/quote]And that would happen how? Palmer throws in his recommendation for Bauer (assuming they're in the same party)... and then what? Honestly, I can't even begin to think that Jack would want to be president.

season 7 info

gary oldmhan was approached about being the villian in season 7 but he passed...they are still looking for someone

I was at the Comic-Con 2007 "24 Writers panel" and they gave us a little info on what's going on right now. I'm not sure if I heard this right, so for now they are spoilers/rumors until someone else can confirm:

Season 6 has an alternate ending where it has Jack standing in the same place, but a hand is placed on his shoulder and a man says, "Jack, turn around, we need to talk come on." Jack then turns around slowly to see a familiar face, and then it cuts off (the voice sounds extremely similar to Tony Almeida) -- could he still be alive???:applause:
  • Supposedly will be on the Season 6 DVD box set
  • Josh Bauer was hinted in being Jack's biological son
There will be no "shorts" that are usually placed in between seasons usually advertising Toyota cars and what not.
Season 7 takes place in Washington, DC (not Los Angeles)
  • CTU is disbanded by the US government
    • Jack will have to rely more on himself instead of calling in back up.
  • Jack is on trial in Congress for his alleged "crimes" over the past six years.
  • Chloe is confirmed to be a main character as usual
  • The actress who plays Audrey has another show she's working on, so depending on how that goes, she might not be in season 7.
  • No comment on the whereabouts of Kim Bauer and Chase Edmonds

That's all I can remember for right now. If I can recall anything else, then I'll post it. So just take this with a grain of salt guys, looks like I can't wait for Season 7!!

[quote name='Ma12kez']I was at the Comic-Con 2007 "24 Writers panel" and they gave us a little info on what's going on right now. I'm not sure if I heard this right, so for now they are spoilers/rumors until someone else can confirm:

Season 6 has an alternate ending where it has Jack standing in the same place, but a hand is placed on his shoulder and a man says, "Jack, turn around, we need to talk come on." Jack then turns around slowly to see a familiar face, and then it cuts off (the voice sounds extremely similar to Tony Almeida) -- could he still be alive???:applause:
  • Supposedly will be on the Season 6 DVD box set
  • Josh Bauer was hinted in being Jack's biological son
There will be no "shorts" that are usually placed in between seasons usually advertising Toyota cars and what not.
Season 7 takes place in Washington, DC (not Los Angeles)
  • CTU is disbanded by the US government
    • Jack will have to rely more on himself instead of calling in back up.
  • Jack is on trial in Congress for his alleged "crimes" over the past six years.
  • Chloe is confirmed to be a main character as usual
  • The actress who plays Audrey has another show she's working on, so depending on how that goes, she might not be in season 7.
  • No comment on the whereabouts of Kim Bauer and Chase Edmonds

That's all I can remember for right now. If I can recall anything else, then I'll post it. So just take this with a grain of salt guys, looks like I can't wait for Season 7!![/QUOTE]

My predictions last season on Josh being Jacks son seem to hold up. Makes perfect sense... thanks for the heads up

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']either that or he becomes president or vice president, which I can see happening.[/QUOTE]

And then he's on Air Force One and it gets hijacked...
[quote name='ryanbph']

gary oldmhan was approached about being the villian in season 7 but he passed...they are still looking for someone[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

[quote name='RedvsBlue']And then he's on Air Force One and it gets hijacked...[/QUOTE]

Didn't some guy named..... I dunno... Harrison Ford (I think) do a movie like that one time? I swear its name might of been... "Air Force One" right? :lol:

Okay on a more serious note....

I managed to get myself to watch this last season over the past few days. Honestly watching it as a whole back to back its not nearly as bad as watching each episode on a weekly basis. Maybe because I have less time to think about each individual plotline (and how absurd 70% of it is) it doesn't seem nearly as bad... who knows.

Kiefer says that the first four episodes this season was the strongest the show has ever been. I would have to disagree on that. Honestly I felt that the best four episode block in my opinion was the season 5 opening four set. Those four episodes really set the tone and pace for the season. Not that the season 6 opening was bad. The difference is that season 5 delievered the goods. Okay with some really bad unintentional humor from Charles and Martha Logan.

Come on.... I still find it funny how Charles managed to have sex with Martha within a "minute" of the show's time. :lol:

On a more positive note about this season the last few episodes finally felt close to vintage 24 as season 6 would ever get to. I will say that even I suspected right away that Phillip most likely escaped on the small boat before that place was blown away. Seems a little too obvious.

As far as the ending to this season.... well.... given that the way things are sounding like about next year the ending makes sense to me. However with the rumors going around.... *read my spoiler only if you have read the posts in regards to season 7*

If Josh is really Jack's son then they had better put some backstory in place in regards to how all of this affected (if at all) Jack's relationship with Terry. Because its obvious that Jack and Terry were at least dating if not married at the time since they had to been rasing Kim. And obviously Kim is very much older than Josh since wasn't Kim supposed to have been 16 during season one?

I was reading the most recent tv guide, and they had the name of next seasons president listed...i don't remeber the last name but
it was a female...and I am pretty sure the first name was sherry

[quote name='ryanbph']I was reading the most recent tv guide, and they had the name of next seasons president listed...i don't remeber the last name but
it was a female...and I am pretty sure the first name was sherry
[/QUOTE]

I think some earlier posts already stated that unless I read it somewhere else. Now the question is weather we will see any more palmers...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I think some earlier posts already stated that unless I read it somewhere else. Now the question is weather we will see any more palmers...[/QUOTE]

As long as we don't see any FEMALE whiny-ass palmers....

[quote name='Demolition Man']Didn't some guy named..... I dunno... Harrison Ford (I think) do a movie like that one time? I swear its name might of been... "Air Force One" right? :lol:
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the joke I was making. It was a way to highlight how they've run out of original and interesting plotlines.

[quote name='trunks982']the last season was the worst one i ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Each season has been worse than the preceeding season. Its unfortunate but they're simply run out of good plot ideas...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Each season has been worse than the preceeding season. Its unfortunate but they're simply run out of good plot ideas...[/QUOTE]

plus the show is hard as fuck to write for. At least they are disbanding CTU and hopefully focusing a huge chunk of screen time to Jack rather than all the subplots.

wow I wonder how this is giong to play out now that Tony is coming back when we all thought he was dead

Tony coming back = awesomeness. I guess the writers listened to the fans and finally brought back one of the best characters.
So far next season sounds like its off to a great start.

:rofl:

Janeane Garofalo (The Larry Sanders Show) as FBI Agent Janis Gold

Between that and the other news everyone's spoiler tagging, this show is as good as done.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']
Between that and the other news everyone's spoiler tagging, this show is as good as done.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not too crazy with the news either. I'll still watch it, but it's really sounding far-fetched. Even by the show's own standards.

Six was such a disappointment in the end after season 5's sweep of the Emmy's.

Seven made up for it, even if there were some gaping plotholes like Starbuck's dead body to deal with.

bread's done
Back