24: Season Six Thread ***Spoilers for Season Finale on the OP***

[quote name='Z-Saber']That was my issue as well. How dare they say something of that caliber with almost nothing to back it up. Compared to... well, almost everything that eventually happens in every season, that was just another incident. Unexpected for those who didn't watch the preview or know the relationship? Maybe. Expected for those who did? Yeah. I called it right when the show came on.[/QUOTE]

This was my gripe as well. I would've been fine if I hadn't seen that advertisement calling last night's episode "the most shocking moment in all of 24 history!!!!"...meh....it wasn't even close...

Also I thought the director telegraphed what was going to happen too much. Maybe I'm getting jaded off 24, but when
they showed close-ups of Martha chopping really angrily and then another close up of the knife I just KNEW she was going to stab Logan.

Curtis dying was MUCH more shocking, c'mon, everyone admit it.

The raid on the consulate WAS good though!

And let's take bets whether Ricky Shroeder lives or dies this season. I say he'll live.

But I'd rather they off him 2 seconds into next week's episode, what a prick.

As far as I remember, they didn't show the sniper or anything with Palmer. I could be mistaken since that was totally freaking unexpected, but still, as soon as I saw the preview just before the show, specifically with "Somebody get a medic," I figured she was going to kill him. Then, of course, the plainly obvious knife shots. Completely expected and not shocking.

[quote name='evanft']Um, has anyone else noticed the showing getting kinda crappy recently?[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think killing off all the great characters and not having any good ones to replace them has caught up to the writers. There was no reason to kill off characters like Curtis, and Tony other then for shock.

[quote name='evanft']Um, has anyone else noticed the showing getting kinda crappy recently?[/QUOTE]

Recently?

How many presidents are they going to kill / coma / terrorist? I mean the country would have fallen apart by now. Plus no one would be living in LA.

[quote name='goukill1120']I agree. I think killing off all the great characters and not having any good ones to replace them has caught up to the writers. There was no reason to kill off characters like Curtis, and Tony other then for shock.[/QUOTE]

Well now that another week has passed we can add another character to the list of needlessly killed off...

Unless of course she's not actually dead which would be equally lame and cheesy.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well now that another week has passed we can add another character to the list of needlessly killed off...

Unless of course she's not actually dead which would be equally lame and cheesy.[/QUOTE]

She's not dead. The Chinese probably faked her death so they can use her as political hostage or something.

[quote name='H-Town Info']am i the only to notice that the Logan part was left unanswered in tonight's episode?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was pretty clear what happen to him at the end of the last episode.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well now that another week has passed we can add another character to the list of needlessly killed off...

Unless of course she's not actually dead which would be equally lame and cheesy.[/QUOTE]

I think they left it ambiguous on purpose, in case her other show didn't work out. I for one was thinking all along that she's probably not dead, it was faked.

Jack saying he's going after the people responsible as soon as he gets done with the terrorists WAS cool, though!

I'll bet she's in a Chinese prison somewhere. How ironic would it be if she's in the same one Jack was holed up in?!

This week's show was average. The death of audrey seemed like a pretty dumb way to write her character off. Of course ctu suspects another mole, milo still thinks morris can't perform his job because of his drinking problem blah blah blah. Hopefully next weeks show is better.

[quote name='H-Town Info']i guess no one likes the show anymore. I'm starting to think 24 needs to be done for good.[/quote]I'm just too lazy to dig around for the thread. I still enjoy it quite a bit, though I'm clearly in the minority.

Silver Spoons surprised me last night, I thought he'd end up doing something stupid.

Last night was ho-hum at best. Basically nothing interesting. I was actually pretty bored and wondered if 24 is starting to slip.

I also predicted the resurrection of the Palmer Christ. Why is this show becoming so predictable?

[quote name='Z-Saber']Last night was ho-hum at best. Basically nothing interesting. I was actually pretty bored and wondered if 24 is starting to slip.

I also predicted the resurrection of the Palmer Christ. Why is this show becoming so predictable?[/quote]
I feel pretty much the same way. It was kind of great to see the human side of jack with the autistic brother but thats not enough to save another predictable episode. Well I'm going to keep looking forward to next week's episode and hopefully 24 comes out of this slump.

I thought it was absolutely ridiculous how one minute Palmer's on his death bed and absolutely wouldn't make it if they woke him up and then all of sudden he looks fine as he's talking to the vice president on the phone...

I think I only watch this show out of some kind of obligation due to the awesomeness of the first four seasons and the fact that I've fallen so far behind on Heroes anyway which is pretty much the only other thing in that timeslot I'd watch anyway.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I thought it was absolutely ridiculous how one minute Palmer's on his death bed and absolutely wouldn't make it if they woke him up and then all of sudden he looks fine as he's talking to the vice president on the phone...
[/QUOTE]

QFT.

Not to mention Jack's back to 100% it looks like after being beat up by the Russians. Yeah he got treated at CTU but wasn't it cracked ribs or something? He should NOT be running all out for awhile I'd think.

I'm still enjoying the show though. It's just too easy to pick on a show with such limited restraints.

[quote name='keithp']QFT.

Not to mention Jack's back to 100% it looks like after being beat up by the Russians. Yeah he got treated at CTU but wasn't it cracked ribs or something? He should NOT be running all out for awhile I'd think.

I'm still enjoying the show though. It's just too easy to pick on a show with such limited restraints.[/quote]Well, if we're gonna be picky, didn't he get, like, all of his nerves in his arm/shoulder stabbed during the torture scene in the beginning?

[quote name='Z-Saber']Well, if we're gonna be picky, didn't he get, like, all of his nerves in his arm/shoulder stabbed during the torture scene in the beginning?[/QUOTE]

Oh come on now, that was hours ago.

That brings up another point. They've completely lost the 24 hour realtime effect. I mean does it really feel like all the events are taking place in the same day anymore? This season was the worst. Is it really plausible that Jack was a broken and battered hobo-man just 14 hours ago? Anyone notice how it went from daytime to nighttime in less than one episode also?

The writers are getting incredibly lazy lately and the phrase "dialing it in" is getting more painfully true with every episode.

Does anyone else remember the part from the season preview where you can hear Jack saying "I never stopped loving you"? Kind of made it seem like Audrey would be back but I guess not.

Edit- So I checked IMDB and slight:
she's listed as being in all the episodes between 1am and 6am so she's obviously not dead. If that's the case, why have that stuff about her car accident?

Crazy episode... I don't know about this season.

I was wondering why Palmer called the strike but then I guess it was explained in the preview. He's trying to use it for leverage against the Prime Minister?

And how's Jack going to come back from getting shot in the chest??

[quote name='encendido5']Crazy episode... I don't know about this season.

I was wondering why Palmer called the strike but then I guess it was explained in the preview. He's trying to use it for leverage against the Prime Minister?

And how's Jack going to come back from getting shot in the chest??
[/quote]
From tonight's episode it looks like jack is wearing a bulletproof vest under his jacket so I'm pretty sure he's going to be ok. What I'm confused about is why would palmer need leverage against the prime minister if he knew that assad wasn't responsible for the bomb.

I really am starting to feel the season take another turn.. for the better.
By the way, what was with only 5 minutes of Jack?? I want to see him more next week!!

[quote name='thehuskerfan']I really am starting to feel the season take another turn.. for the better.
By the way, what was with only 5 minutes of Jack?? I want to see him more next week!![/QUOTE]

I liked the twist with Palmer ordering the strike that was good but the rest of the episode? Way too predictable. Gee, who would have thought he'd cut his own arm off...

I just think its a little too soon to be saying its taking a turn for the better considering we just had one of the stupidest WTF moments so far last night. With 10 minutes left in last week's episode Palmer was in a coma and near death yet this week he's dressed up in his suit leading a cabinet meeting. :roll: If they're gonna start doing this shit why not just abandon the realtime format, I mean they seem to be doing stuff like this all the time this season and its getting old.

It was an ok episode...wayne palmers sister has got to leave the show...seeing her come it with that smile saying that the vp withdraw his law suit was horrible...what the hell is the presidents sister getting allowed full access in the bunker for

also the bill buchanon and homeland security lady romance has to go...I don't give a fuck if she feels she is ruining the presidents chances with the cabinet vote...horrible writting with horrible acting in that 3 min phone call

[quote name='thehuskerfan']I really am starting to feel the season take another turn.. for the better.
[/QUOTE]

You've gotta be joking. This episode sucked big time. It totally goes against the characters as the writers have portayed them.

Palmer orders the strike--?? That TOTALLY goes against everything he has said and done and stood for up until now. WTF??

Also Gredenko chops off his arm and then turns on Fayad--another WTF?? Why the hell would he do that?

It's as if the writers don't care anymore about keeping consistent, not with the story (see Palmer recover in 10 minutes!), and now not even with the characters own motives and personalities that they themselves have written and characterized and brought to life.

I seriously think the writers have simply run out of ideas, and just sat around smoking a big 'ol doobie while brainstorming before they wrote this season. "Hey, now let's have Palmer wake up from his coma and order that strike after a big fight to keep his Presidency! Nahhh, forget about the first part of the season--that was HOURS ago, no one will remember that, dude!! Hey, roll another!!!"

[quote name='keithp']You've gotta be joking. This episode sucked big time. It totally goes against the characters as the writers have portayed them.

Palmer orders the strike--?? That TOTALLY goes against everything he has said and done and stood for up until now. WTF??

Also Gredenko chops off his arm and then turns on Fayad--another WTF?? Why the hell would he do that?

It's as if the writers don't care anymore about keeping consistent, not with the story (see Palmer recover in 10 minutes!), and now not even with the characters own motives and personalities that they themselves have written and characterized and brought to life.

I seriously think the writers have simply run out of ideas, and just sat around smoking a big 'ol doobie while brainstorming before they wrote this season. "Hey, now let's have Palmer wake up from his coma and order that strike after a big fight to keep his Presidency! Nahhh, forget about the first part of the season--that was HOURS ago, no one will remember that, dude!! Hey, roll another!!!"[/QUOTE]

Its painfully obvious that they've run out of ideas and mostly are just treading water till they can kill off another character. They really only go for shock factor anymore, its so obvious with the previews they show too.

"THE MOST SHOCKING MOMENT IN 24 HISTORY"=Useless side character is killed off by another character acting completely out of character
"THE MOMENT YOU NEVER THOUGHT WOULD HAPPEN"=Jack shot in the chest while wearing a bullet proof vest

Its not just the previews though. The only reason they had Wayne Palmer order the strike was to have a shock/plot twist moment for the sake of having one. Its out of character, it doesn't make sense, and there's really no plot-specific reason to do it either. 24 had their chance to do something different with Assad's character but they screwed the pooch and screwed it hard simply because they wanted to have a shock moment.

I could really see the writing on the wall at the beginning of last season when they killed off Tony, Michelle, and Palmer in one fell swoop. Despite my complaining about this show I didn't really want to believe that it had happened but 24 is out of gas, they need new writers and ideas or they just need to end it because eventually we're gonna get to the point where they decide to shoot Jack into outer space.

[quote name='keithp']

[/QUOTE]

I think it's because Gredenko knew they were cornered and had nowhere to go. To cause a distraction (and get away himself) he gave Fayed up.

[quote name='Silencer']I think it's because Gredenko knew they were cornered and had nowhere to go. To cause a distraction (and get away himself) he gave Fayed up.[/QUOTE]

...and will most likely die of blood loss on the beach.

The final fight between Fayad and Jack was fantastic. When they both ran out of bullets and Jack bum rushed Fayed, I was like "HELL YEAH!!! KICK HIS ASS!!!" and I jumped out of my seat. It was badass. "Say hello to your brother" was fantastic, and "Damn, Jack!" by Doyle made the scene perfect.

Audrey calling wasn't that big of a shock though, I expected that.

Oh yeah, Jack's Back!!!!! :applause: I knew it was going in the right direction!! And I'm so glad that Jack is going to
kick some Chinese ass next week getting Audrey back!!

Wow looks like 24 is back on the good track.
The fight between jack and fayed was classic. I had a feeling audrey was still alive but I wasn't so sure about it until now. We're finally going to see jack go apeshit on the chinese.

It's about damn time Jack Bauer finally made his comeback.

He was so cold when he told Fayed to "say hello to your brother." That was one of the coolest moments in any season, ever as I'm concerned. The entire battle was simply incredible.

The only surprise in this episode to me was when I realized they were wrapping up the storyline, and I was like, wait, this isn't the season ending...is it??..I thought I had skipped forward somehow and missed several episodes!

Yeah, the Fayed fight was great!
The plot point where Jack was shot and they willingly let Fayed go I called while I was watching it.
I really wish this season wasn't so predictable in that regard. Maybe because I had already seen the preview last week though.

I'm glad that story is done, maybe it'll be easier for the writers now.

"Say hello to your little brother!"
Ha-ha...

The next best part was when
Jack got word that the "pharmaceutical package" was ready at CTU and he told Fayed, "NOW I'm gonna have some fun!!"

[quote name='H-Town Info']bumping this thread after 3 weeks LOL[/quote]
:lol: Seems everyone doesn't care for 24 anymore. Only 3 episodes left and with the news of a major overhaul in season 7 I can't wait to see who gets dropped and who's new.

[quote name='alongx']I'm sad to say that this is a shark jumping season for Jack Bauer.[/quote]The irony of these situation is when people don't realize that the phrase "jumping the shark" jumped the shark years ago.

possible future episode spoiler that I read on tvguides.com ask ausiello

there allegedly should be a unexpected romance and a pregnancy coming up that will shake ctu

bread's done
Back