24: Season Six Thread ***Spoilers for Season Finale on the OP***

I thought the episode was fairly boring except for the end. I called that last episode, saying we'd see him.

Next episode looks fairly predictable, unfortunately.
The bomb will either kill Assad, or someone will disable it. If they kill the President, that will be the only surprising thing

Oh yeah, someone learn to spell graem.

imo it was a great episode...good mix of some action and movement forward in the several different storylines...good to see that logan will be appearing next week

the first time in a couple weeks, but in total viewers according to the overnights 24 finally beat heroes Heroes (NBC): 8.9/13
24 (Fox): 9.2/13

heroes had been on a roll

Surprise Milo wasn't killed. I thought Graem's (sp?) wife or Josh would've come back and shot Father Bauer with Jack's gun. Thought the guy at the end was Gredenko at first, like someone else, but was pleasantly surprised to see Logan.

Good episode. Can't wait til next week.

[quote name='stag8603']
I thought Graem's (sp?) wife or Josh would've come back and shot Father Bauer with Jack's gun.
[/quote]Definitely thought that was going to be the case, the setup was pretty perfect.

[quote name='H-Town Info']did this thread die? finally an episode w/o jack as the main focus[/QUOTE]

You know, maybe that's why I liked this episode so much...

At any rate, it was one of the better ones this season.

does anybody know who the actor is that plays the Russian ambassador (I believe his name in the show is Markov) that Jack is about to go see? or at least what movies/tv shows he's been in. They showed him in the preview for next week and i dont think we've ever seen him before. Its been driving me crazy trying to think what it is.

[quote name='whataboutbob?']does anybody know who the actor is that plays the Russian ambassador (I believe his name in the show is Markov) that Jack is about to go see? or at least what movies/tv shows he's been in. They showed him in the preview for next week and i dont think we've ever seen him before. Its been driving me crazy trying to think what it is.[/QUOTE]

I've got nothing and i've searched wiki and google extensively.

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraq's Shiite vice president narrowly escaped assassination Monday as a blast ripped through a government meeting hall just hours after it was searched by U.S. teams with bomb-sniffing dogs. At least 10 people were killed

Adel Abdul-Mahdi was slightly wounded in the explosion, which splintered chairs, destroyed a speakers' podium and sent a chilling message that suspected Sunni militants can strike anywhere despite a major security crackdown across Baghdad.

As U.S. forces sealed off the area around the municipal building, investigators grappled with the troubling question of how the bomb was smuggled into the ministry of public works — a seven-story structure with crack surveillance systems from its days as offices for Saddam Hussein's feared intelligence service.

The bomb — possibly hidden in the podium — went off moments after the minister for public works finished a speech in the third-floor chamber, witnesses said. Abdul-Mahdi had made a welcoming address a few minutes earlier, raising speculation the bomb could have been on a timer-trigger that missed the vice president by sheer luck.

first torture scenes are too realistic, now even more ammo.... odd that it happened on the same day as this episode....

[quote name='jPoD']How do you know? I see nothing about that online.[/QUOTE]
You didn't recognize him from the promo?? Wow, I know John Noble when I see him. :D

[quote name='thehuskerfan']You didn't recognize him from the promo?? Wow, I know John Noble when I see him. :D[/QUOTE]

Missed the promo and cannot stand LoTR. No thanks.

I must be the only one who wishes they would drop the side story with Morris/Chloe. Its getting fucking old already.

Great stuff leading to the assassination attempt. Sadly I didn't get to see next week's preview but I'm assuming Wayne does survive.

Finally this season is starting to get good. Just drop the Morris crap and it will be MUCH better.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I must be the only one who wishes they would drop the side story with Morris/Chloe. Its getting fucking old already.

Great stuff leading to the assassination attempt. Sadly I didn't get to see next week's preview but I'm assuming Wayne does survive.

Finally this season is starting to get good. Just drop the Morris crap and it will be MUCH better.[/quote]Pretty much agreed. I think it is sort of over since they showed him emptying the bottle and all.

I can't remember if the preview made it explicit if Plamer survived, but at the minimum, he's out of the presidency for now.

Creepy about that Iraq article.

[quote name='ryanbph']pretty solid episode..really wonder if next weeks episode we have a deja vu like the chinese embassy[/quote]That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. During the preview, I was thinking "Is Jack gonna kill ANOTHER consulate?!" I don't think so, but he obviously does something forceful with him.

The cop out of the season would be for him to be captured and sent to a Russian prison. That is when I would stop watching.

[quote name='ryanbph']pretty solid episode..really wonder if next weeks episode we have a deja vu like the chinese embassy[/quote]
I was wondering the same thing. Is this going to turn into another season 4 and end with the russians capturing jack this time?

[quote name='Mex25']I was wondering the same thing. Is this going to turn into another season 4 and end with the russians capturing jack this time?[/QUOTE]
Let's hope not... :roll:

[quote name='Mex25']I was wondering the same thing. Is this going to turn into another season 4 and end with the russians capturing jack this time?[/quote]Thought jacker.

Finally caught up on 24 after being out of town for a while.

Tonight's episode: average. But I'm looking forward to
seeing Logan's wife next week. Jean Smart is a helluva actress.

seeing Logan's wife next week. Jean Smart is a helluva actress.
[/QUOTE]
That is so true.. I'm so excited to finally see Aaron again. :cool: He was such an important character last season, I wonder were they will go with them this season...

Bitch Is Crazy!

Tonight's episode is pretty good, once again though its got very little Jack in it. I'm really starting to notice a trend here...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Tonight's episode is pretty good, once again though its got very little Jack in it. I'm really starting to notice a trend here...[/QUOTE]

Yep.... expect a LOT more Jack towards the end of the season.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Yep.... expect a LOT more Jack towards the end of the season.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the trend I was referring to was that the crappiness of the episode is directly proportional to the amount of screentime Jack has.

Great episode the raid on the consolut was awesome. Can't wait to see next weeks episode. Also I'm kind of surprised
logan died, I thought he would have died towards the end of the season by sacrificing himself.

[quote name='Mex25']Great episode the raid on the consolut was awesome. Can't wait to see next weeks episode. Also I'm kind of surprised
logan died, I thought he would have died towards the end of the season by sacrificing himself.
[/QUOTE]

he didn't die. he just crashed.

[quote name='H-Town Info']he didn't die. he just crashed.[/quote]
His eyes were shut and he flatlined. That's not dieing huh?

[quote name='H-Town Info']
59528.jpg

And what a way to start off this thread is with the Season 6 prequel trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxCKleuThHg&mode=related&search=

The following takes place from 6 A.M and 7 A.M. EVENTS OCCUR IN REAL TIME.

Episode 14 Spoilers and Beyond[/QUOTE]

CTU gets hacked.

Marilyn reveals a shocking revelation to Jack. AUDREY IS DEAD. Big shock right? Marilyn tells how she died in a car accident in China and Jack is shocked. He is furious and he fears that she was murdered by Chinese operatives as she attempted to find Jack. Jack goes looking for answers.

Chloe and the others are busy working on finding the drones. CTU knows they are going operational and they are running out of time. CTU initiates satellite coverage and Morris eventually realizes that one of the drones has taken off. The drone is fully armed with a nuke and it’s heading towards some city in the West.

Karen realizes she needs to align herself with Tom Lennox. The two agree that they dislike each other immensely but they both realize they need to work together for the good of the country.

Jack catches up with Buchannan and voices his opinion about Audrey’s death. Jack swears revenge on those responsible and it’s apparent this will be touched upon later in the season.

Milo is acting shady with Nadia.

The drones target is San Francisco. As they are tracking it, it suddenly vanishes. Nobody knows what has happened… has it crashed? Has it released the nuke? Where is it!!!??? CTU has been hacked and the hacker has made the drone vanish from CTU's systems. Jack must rush to find the hacker and somehow save shaky town from imminent doom.

[quote name='Mex25']His eyes were shut and he flatlined. That's not dieing huh?[/QUOTE]

ok then jack died in season 2 after the torture.

btw new spoilers are up

[quote name='H-Town Info']ok then jack died in season 2 after the torture.

btw new spoilers are up[/quote]
lol he actually did die after the torture in season 2. I forgot what the doctor gave him to revive him but technically he was pronounced dead.

Am I the only one who simply didn't care that Logan died? The guy was a douche bag, are we really supposed to be sad he's gone? Not only that but the storyline implications aren't going to be that big either considering he wasn't a main character anymore anyway.

I guess I'm just surprised that they advertised it as "the most shocking momeny in 24 history" when in reality it wasn't even close. Hell, for one, the nuke going off in the city was much more shocking.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I guess I'm just surprised that they advertised it as "the most shocking momeny in 24 history" when in reality it wasn't even close.[/quote]That was my issue as well. How dare they say something of that caliber with almost nothing to back it up. Compared to... well, almost everything that eventually happens in every season, that was just another incident. Unexpected for those who didn't watch the preview or know the relationship? Maybe. Expected for those who did? Yeah. I called it right when the show came on.

rather slow episode untill the very end. I was so hoping ricky shrodeur was going to get killed as they attacked the embassy

[quote name='Z-Saber']That was my issue as well. How dare they say something of that caliber with almost nothing to back it up. Compared to... well, almost everything that eventually happens in every season, that was just another incident. Unexpected for those who didn't watch the preview or know the relationship? Maybe. Expected for those who did? Yeah. I called it right when the show came on.[/QUOTE]

Last season's death of Palmer was MUCH more shocking.

[quote name='evanft']Um, has anyone else noticed the showing getting kinda crappy recently?[/quote]Only the people who comment on it weekly.

I'm not a big fan of Mr. Silver Spoons taking Curtis' role, but oh well. I'm waiting for he and Milo to throw down.

Logan dying was the most shocking at the moment it happened, like with Palmer, it was shocking that it happened, but didn't they show the sniper a moment before? this was just like bam wam jambalaya!

[quote name='smalien1']Logan dying was the most shocking at the moment it happened, like with Palmer, it was shocking that it happened, but didn't they show the sniper a moment before? this was just like bam wam jambalaya![/QUOTE]

Actually, when they focused on Martha cutting the fruit in the kitchen with a knife and then again when she was picking up the plate with another knife on it I figured she would stab him since there'd be no other reason to have those scenes/views.

bread's done
Back