24: Season Six Thread ***Spoilers for Season Finale on the OP***

[quote name='ryanbph']possible future episode spoiler that I read on tvguides.com ask ausiello

there allegedly should be a unexpected romance and a pregnancy coming up that will shake ctu
[/QUOTE]

Milo knocks up Bill Buchanan?!?!?

This season has been terrible, and I love this show. Its too much of they been there and done and that. I held on all season hoping it would get better with no luck lets hope the last 3ep can make up for some of the crap.

[quote name='H-Town Info']well every 3rd season has been bad. 1-2 and 4-5 were pretty good imo.[/QUOTE]

I liked 3, I thought up until this point 4 was the weak link and I know I'm the minority in that camp.

[quote name='H-Town Info']well every 3rd season has been bad. 1-2 and 4-5 were pretty good imo.[/QUOTE]

I liked 3, I thought up until this point 4 was the weak link and I know I'm the minority in that camp.

Sadly this season just isn't as good as the others...I used to make it a point to be at my TV every monday night, now I find myself struggling just to sit through the whole thing.

This season is just beyond horrible. The White House politics and CTU bickering have always been weak points of the show but this season both of these aspects of the show have fallen below daytime soap opera quality.

Thank God Kiefer knows this season has been garbage and has promised that "big changes" will be made for next season.

[quote name='botticus']The irony of these situation is when people don't realize that the phrase "jumping the shark" jumped the shark years ago.[/QUOTE]

Really now? What would you say?

I guess Kiefer and the 24 team really botticus'd the show this year.

[quote name='alongx']Really now? What would you say?

I guess Kiefer and the 24 team really botticus'd the show this year.[/quote]:lol: If you can get that to stick, more power to you.

[quote name='smalien1']Hi My Name's Milo I Just Got Shot In The Head[/QUOTE]

I want to say hey thanks for the spoiler with out a tag but really who didn't see it coming after the whole "hart to hart " with Nadia. And on top of that she has known Mike for what 5 hours now she might be in love with him even after his first impression of her was terrorist. This day needs to be over and they should apologizes for being ass hats for this season.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I want to say hey thanks for the spoiler with out a tag but really who didn't see it coming after the whole "hart to hart " with Nadia. And on top of that she has known Mike for what 5 hours now she might be in love with him even after his first impression of her was terrorist. This day needs to be over and they should apologizes for being ass hats for this season.[/QUOTE]

I just laughed when I saw Milo get shot. They continue to just shit all over the characters not named Jack Bauer on this show. Its almost like this show has become a complete parody of itself.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I want to say hey thanks for the spoiler with out a tag but really who didn't see it coming after the whole "hart to hart " with Nadia. And on top of that she has known Mike for what 5 hours now she might be in love with him even after his first impression of her was terrorist. This day needs to be over and they should apologizes for being ass hats for this season.[/quote]

It's been decided before in this thread that what's already aired is fair game.

I don't care if Milo got shot. If not for the alleged love triangle between him, Doyle, and Nadia his character serves no purpose. Actually, I find all three of those characters to be quite dull. Here's to hoping the other two die during the course of the season as well.

[quote name='smalien1']It's been decided before in this thread that what's already aired is fair game.[/QUOTE]

Uhh... yeah, but you have to wait until the whole country has seen it. Just because you get to watch it earlier than some, doesn't mean you don't have to put spoiler tags.

[quote name='smalien1']It's been decided before in this thread that what's already aired is fair game.[/QUOTE]

And now it's also been decided you're an asshole. Glad I stayed away from this thread until I watched the last two episodes and got caught up.

Yeah, the Milo situation wasn't too hard to see coming, but at least it was quick. I can only hope Doyle gets offed in a slow and excruciatingly painful way, much like watching Ricky Schroeder try to act.

Well, the last few episodes have been better, but I honestly can't see it ending as awesome as any of the other seasons. 7 better rock hard, and not deceptively like this one did with that spectacular two night, two hour opening.

[quote name='H-Town Info']spoiler for the season finale is on the OP[/QUOTE]

I couldn't help myself. 2 or 3 would be awesome.

[quote name='jlarlee']I couldn't help myself. 2 or 3 would be awesome.[/quote]

Agree :applause: anything but 1 that would just cap off the craptacular season 6. I think I like 3 at tad more that 2 but I bet none are real.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Well, the last few episodes have been better, but I honestly can't see it ending as awesome as any of the other seasons. 7 better rock hard, and not deceptively like this one did with that spectacular two night, two hour opening.[/quote]

I thought the opening episodes were pure crap, and they caused me to stop watching the show altogether (I still follow the storyline on the net so I'm not behind next year). The complete arbitrary killing of Curtis sealed the deal for me on how bad the writing had become, which was a shame considering how good last year was.

Just read the OP--ending 3 would be unbelievable, and I'd be back in a heartbeat next year.

Ending #1 would be pure crap, and #2 would push the envelope of believability beyond hope.
Twin sister? Give me a freaking break. Ridiculous. Absolutely freaking ridiculous. That would be beyond laughable.

[quote name='H-Town Info']They said that ending one could be that with a Super Secret Ending[/quote]

If it ends up being ending #1, my guess is the super-secret ending is Jack jumping off the cliff and committing suicide. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']It's #3. I guarantee it.[/quote]

Tony = 24 returning to television dominance.

I was actually ashamed because of how I talked up this show's writing before this season, got several new people to watch, and then had them start watching the series with this dungheap of a season.

Even though it might be a little confusing I'd have to go with #3.
Just the idea of tony and jack working together again is awesome.

[quote name='Mex25']Even though it might be a little confusing I'd have to go with #3.
Just the idea of tony and jack working together again is awesome.
[/QUOTE]

amen to that spoiler. hey does anybody have the link to where the episodes show on myspace and when they are loaded? I am away from home and don't have the luxury of my DVR. I can't torrent anything from this location and heroes and 24 bump heads. I know nbc doesn't show their shows online so I'm inclined to watch that. I figure i can watch the first hour of 24 than switch to heroes. Any help would be much appreciated.

[quote name='jlarlee']amen to that spoiler. hey does anybody have the link to where the episodes show on myspace and when they are loaded? I am away from home and don't have the luxury of my DVR. I can't torrent anything from this location and heroes and 24 bump heads. I know nbc doesn't show their shows online so I'm inclined to watch that. I figure i can watch the first hour of 24 than switch to heroes. Any help would be much appreciated.[/quote]
Actually Heroes is one of the few shows they show on the web so you have no problem there.

sigh...what a waste...

heh, Next season promises to be the best season yet...pfft...it might have been if they went with choice 3

I can't believe the ending they chose after all the hype given by the producers about how the ending would "change the way the series goes next year." Garbage.

Well that was a waste of two hours of my life. If they went with choice #3 I would have definitly looked forward to season 7. Now I think I'm going to be pretty much skipping the season premiere.

[quote name='Plinko']I can't believe the ending they chose after all the hype given by the producers about how the ending would "change the way the series goes next year." Garbage.[/QUOTE]
Really?

With Bill and Karen retiring, Palmer (presumably) out of commission, Audrey in her vegetable-esque state, and Chloe pregnant, I think they could go in any direction they want. Most of the established characters are in positions to be written out or used sparingly, so I think the writers will have carte blanche next year. We'll see.

I actually liked the ending they chose - I loved that the last half hour was so calm in comparison to the rest of the season. Season six was a mixed bag at best, but the last few episodes did give it some redeeming value.

I need to get caught up on seasons two, three, and four now. Looks like I've got me 72 more hours of Jack Bauer to watch in the next seven months...:D

[quote name='Scorch']Had it of been #3, I would've cried with happiness[/QUOTE]
Oh, come on...
backtracking on Tony's death (or Nina's, in option number two) would push the show further into implausibility. Sure, it would've made the fans happy, but I have a feeling that seasons seven and eight would be even worse than this one was if that was actually the case.

Seeing as we've got no idea what's going to happen next season, I'm going to reserve faith in the writers until then. Like I said, I think that they've left it open to pretty much anything at this point, so let's see what they come up with.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Really?

With Bill and Karen retiring, Palmer (presumably) out of commission, Audrey in her vegetable-esque state, and Chloe pregnant, I think they could go in any direction they want. Most of the established characters are in positions to be written out or used sparingly, so I think the writers will have carte blanche next year. We'll see.

I actually liked the ending they chose - I loved that the last half hour was so calm in comparison to the rest of the season. Season six was a mixed bag at best, but the last few episodes did give it some redeeming value.

I need to get caught up on seasons two, three, and four now. Looks like I've got me 72 more hours of Jack Bauer to watch in the next seven months...:D[/quote]

At first, I couldn't believe you said you liked the ending, but then I read that you hadn't watched seasons 2, 3, and 4 yet. Watch them and then you'll see how unbelievably lame this ending was.

3's ending was okay.
His mental breakdown was well deserved

4's ending was great
Jack Bauer walking off into the sunset.. Jack's "dead"?! What next!?

5's was fantastic
cliffhanger with the Chinese.. great

6's was.. ugh. My stepdad metioned that if they wanted to suggest suicide, there should've been a gunshot at 6:00:00. I agree. It looked like he was about to jump off. Seriously, the ending was a literal "cliffhanger". It sucked. It's like one of those jokes you tell that sounds funny in your head, but upon execution, everyone stares at you like you just farted in front of the pope or something.

I have to agree with everyone, the ending was stupid. But I think all the other options were pretty stupid too. The one with Logan and Nina made absolutely no sense at all.

Yea Season 4 or this season would had been the perfect ways to end this show. I love the show and all but it needs to end before it turns to shit. I think they should had done a flashback on another part of the screen to showed what he lost all of his life as he reflected back.

Teri, Possibly both Palmer brothers, Tony, Michelle, Audrey, Claudia, Curtis, Phillip, Graem, Kim, and etc

I know this ending was kinda lame on paper but it played out decently on the camera. The writers have a fresh start now.

As much as the ending sucked, I did enjoy the two episodes.

Just kinda threw Palmer's sister by the wayside, didn't they?

I did like how
Lennox gave the VP the tape

Well the ending was predictable much like the whole season (was this season the greatest hits CD of 24 ? ) but it played out well good acting can go a long way. I agree with some of the above comments at least this way it will be a fresh start next year. :applause:

At least at this point I can at least watch next season to see where it will go. How many of you guys will watch next season or did this one kill it for you?

bread's done
Back