25% off Used and Previously Viewed @ goHastings.com

[quote name='Wenislad']Whats the difference between previously viewed and previously used?[/QUOTE]

previously viewed tend to be in worse condition

[quote name='TheHelix']Made my first GoHastings purchase. Got MCLA Complete (PS3) for 8 bucks shipped.[/QUOTE]

Complete is $13 before discount and regular edition is 7.93 before discount. I think you bought regular edition...it come's out to $8 shipped. I was about to buy it too until I noticed I wasn't buying the complete edition.

Both of mine shipped out today.

As for cancellations, just keep trying. During the weeks of the Black Friday sales, I tried to order the only used copy of Star Wars Clone Wars S2 DVD they had in stock, but would cancel on me within hours. I was getting tired of seeing it constantly pop back up as available so I decided to try a little experiment:

Every time I would get a cancellation for it, I would order it again. I did this no less than 6 times in a week. About the 7th time they finally processed it. I figured: oh good, they finally found the one copy in stock somewhere. What arrived in the mail was a brand new/sealed copy. I think the store that kept getting spammed with my order got sick of it and grabbed a new copy to make it stop.

Was hoping to see the price of Pokemon White and Pokemon HeartGold with this code but the used copies are out of stock. :(

EDIT:
Scratch that...HeartGold is in stock, might pick it up soon.

I purchased 5 used Blu-rays last week, and when they arrived 1 (the most expensive one) came in a Blockbuster generic rental case with a color photo of the front case. The disc was all scratched and dirty. Don't know what to do. If I wanted to purchase a previously viewed copy, I would have and paid less for it. I had paid more for a "Used" copy, and was sent a cheaper "Previously Viewed" copy instead.

[quote name='thehoweller']BLACK COPS for $24. I'm content.[/QUOTE]

Is this the one you got?

images

[quote name='Investor']I purchased 5 used Blu-rays last week, and when they arrived 1 (the most expensive one) came in a Blockbuster generic rental case with a color photo of the front case. The disc was all scratched and dirty. Don't know what to do. If I wanted to purchase a previously viewed copy, I would have and paid less for it. I had paid more for a "Used" copy, and was sent a cheaper "Previously Viewed" copy instead.[/QUOTE]

Email customer service or call customer service. They may refund you and let you keep the item. They may ask you to ship it back for a refund and give you a shipping label.

Hmm... so I order Venetica last night for around 14 bucks. They cancel my order a few hours ago, I go check the site and according to them they still have it in-stock, but the price is now like 26 dollars.

Seems fishy to me.

[quote name='bigloser']Hmm... so I order Venetica last night for around 14 bucks. They cancel my order a few hours ago, I go check the site and according to them they still have it in-stock, but the price is now like 26 dollars.

Seems fishy to me.[/QUOTE]

welcome to gohastings.

Well my copy of Black Ops (360) just shipped.. doing a little happy dance that it didn't get canceled. Now hoping I get a working copy.

I'm not too familiar with Hastings outside of their website, do they do rentals? If they don't, what's the difference between previously viewed and used?

I ordered Tron: Evolution (PS3), Prototype (Xbox 360), Battlefield 2 (Xbox 360), and Tron Battle Grids (Wii). All but Tron Battle Grids have been shipped, Battle Grids was cancelled. I did find it on Amazon from a seller, new for $17.99 plus $3.99 shipping.

[quote name='equality']I'm not too familiar with Hastings outside of their website, do they do rentals? If they don't, what's the difference between previously viewed and used?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, previously viewed are rentals (so they could be in really rough shape and no manuals, sometimes not even the original cases). Used are usually in better condition having come from somones collection, so it is more likely to be complete and in the original case. I have only bought used games, and my experience has been a mixed bag. Most came complete with manuals and original cases (although some have been in a little rough shape, serviceable, but rough). Some games arrived looking brand new, usually more recent releases. Hope this helps!

[quote name='equality']I'm not too familiar with Hastings outside of their website, do they do rentals? If they don't, what's the difference between previously viewed and used?[/QUOTE]

Yeah they have video and video game rentals. They are basically a Block Buster (movie and game rentals) + Gamestop (sell new games and trade-in used games) + Sam Goody (sell music, t-shirts, posters, and other music related crap).

So I got the email today saying my Black Ops order has shipped and on the site it says they usually provide a tracking number.. should I be expecting that tomorrow? They didn't include one in their email nor is there one on the order status screen. What's your experience with them and tracking numbers/time it takes to get here?

[quote name='BiggyP2P']So I got the email today saying my Black Ops order has shipped and on the site it says they usually provide a tracking number.. should I be expecting that tomorrow? They didn't include one in their email nor is there one on the order status screen. What's your experience with them and tracking numbers/time it takes to get here?[/QUOTE]

I received an email stating that my games were shipped and it contained a USPS shipping number. Sure it wasn't in the email?

[quote name='oosolost']I received an email stating that my games were shipped and it contained a USPS shipping number. Sure it wasn't in the email?[/QUOTE]

Hello from goHastings.com,

Thanks for your order!

Your order placed on 05/29/2011 has been completed.

The following item(s) on your order have been shipped.

ORDER NUMBER: *******
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ship Qty Title Price per Item Tracking Number
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Call of Duty: Black Ops $22.50

The item(s) were shipped to the following address:

The amount of $24.78 has been charged to your preferred method of payment.

You can check the status of this order or any order placed with goHastings.com at http://www.goHastings.com/checkout/order_status.jsp. If you have checked the links at goHastings.com, but still need to reach us concerning your order, you can find information for contacting our service department at http://www.goHastings.com/custserv/custserv.jsp.

Thank you for choosing goHastings as your entertainment supersite. We hope to see you again!

I've never gotten their tracking numbers to work. Clicking on "Track this order" on the order page just leads to a "Page not found" error. Shipping is generally pretty fast (1 day to process the order, then 3-4 days for delivery), but I've had it take over a week before.

I ordered LEGO Rock Band DS, Henry Hatsworth, Dragon Ball Origins, and Grim Grimoire for $29 shipped. Unforunately, LEGO RB was cancelled almost immediately :(

[quote name='Zbornak']I've never gotten their tracking numbers to work. Clicking on "Track this order" on the order page just leads to a "Page not found" error. Shipping is generally pretty fast (1 day to process the order, then 3-4 days for delivery), but I've had it take over a week before.[/QUOTE]

If you have an error page after clicking on it, it's an USPS tracking number. The last few digits included at the end of the link is your tracking number; go to USPS website to track it yourself. But I found out that if they give you a UPS tracking number, the "track your order" page works.

Well, I got lucky this go-round. Both games I ordered (Venetica (360) and Disgaea 3 (PS3)) went OOS shortly after I ordered them.

But they also both shipped. So, a lesson for the future: let that post-order OOS not signal the death of thy order...(though, it could).

my black ops shipped today...was a bit nervous about it getting cancelled...came with a tracking number too...so far i've had really good luck with hastings, hope this continues :)

Well, out of 4 games ordered only one got canceled. Turns out they really didn't have Metal Slug Anthology (Wii). Too bad, as 3 bucks for 7 metal slug games would have been a killer deal.

[quote name='edson13']welcome to gohastings.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Worst company i've ever dealt with. Shipping is high, their games have always been in LAUGHABLE shape. Multiple times I have received the wrong game in the right case. Do they look at anything before they ship it? I would NEVER buy games or Blu rays from them again, even if they were dirt cheap.

[quote name='TheHelix']Ugh my MCLA came in today and the disc is cracked. Time to get my money back I guess.[/QUOTE]

That sucks.

Make sure you call Customer Service. Emailing them is a waste of time - they'll just tell you to call anyway.

[quote name='Kylearan']That sucks.

Make sure you call Customer Service. Emailing them is a waste of time - they'll just tell you to call anyway.[/QUOTE]

Actually I've emailed them for 3 returns and never had an issue getting a response within a couple hours. They'll send you the free return shipping label and I believe they refund the initial shipping costs on the original purchase as well.

my de blob and MOH Heroes 2 wii were scratched to shit and so i had to call customer service, they emailed me return labels

[quote name='Pride7ds']Actually I've emailed them for 3 returns and never had an issue getting a response within a couple hours. They'll send you the free return shipping label and I believe they refund the initial shipping costs on the original purchase as well.[/QUOTE]

They'll return your initial purchase and send you the shipping label for your returns.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Goy mt Black Ops today in excellent condition. Wooohoo![/QUOTE]

did u get a delivery confirmation #....if u got one did it work? i havnt gotten my copy yet :(

[quote name='fyahbwoy']did u get a delivery confirmation #....if u got one did it work? i havnt gotten my copy yet :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got a number, and it did work. by the time it updated, it was already in my city. I ordered mine early sunday afternoon, and got it today. When did you order yours?

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Yeah, I got a number, and it did work. by the time it updated, it was already in my city. I ordered mine early sunday afternoon, and got it today. When did you order yours?[/QUOTE]

i ordered mine early on sunday too...i got the confirmation number but the tracking doesn't update

[quote name='fyahbwoy']i ordered mine early on sunday too...i got the confirmation number but the tracking doesn't update[/QUOTE]
Try checking it tomorrow morning. Maybe then it'll update, and be in your city, just about ready to deliver. USPS tracking suuuucks.

[quote name='bigloser']Hmm... so I order Venetica last night for around 14 bucks. They cancel my order a few hours ago, I go check the site and according to them they still have it in-stock, but the price is now like 26 dollars.

Seems fishy to me.[/QUOTE]

just call'em up.

[quote name='waldo21212']Yeah they have video and video game rentals. They are basically a Block Buster (movie and game rentals) + Gamestop (sell new games and trade-in used games) + Sam Goody (sell music, t-shirts, posters, and other music related crap).[/QUOTE]

They are also a bookstore and our local one has a coffee shop in it too.

[quote name='Pride7ds']Actually I've emailed them for 3 returns and never had an issue getting a response within a couple hours. They'll send you the free return shipping label and I believe they refund the initial shipping costs on the original purchase as well.[/QUOTE]

That's excellent - glad it's worked for you, at least. Every time I've tried to reach them via email, I've always gotten an up-to-3-day delayed response saying "Call Customer Service." I won't even bother with email anymore, though they are very nice and helpful on the phone.

bread's done
Back