30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked two over the weekend, the pickings are becoming slim. One store had nothing except some 3DS cases. The other one had :ps3: Lord of the Rings Aragon's Quest, :ps3: Stuntman Ignition, and :wii: Big Beach Sports.

No Shinobis near me and the Ghost Recon 3ds game was ringing up at $9 instead of the sub $5 I thought it was . Are all these shops ymmv on pricing ??
Ghost Recon is priced at $18.88, so with 50% off $9.44 is correct.

Sorry for that 2x post. What price r u guys finding Binary Domain at?
$5.

I went to a Big Lots today and had one of the weirdest shopping experiences. I'll try to get to it, but bear with me because I'm tired as fuck. On the videogame shelf they had a big red sign that says 75% off the tagged price. I was wondering why I didn't hear about the price drop from CAG first, but I proceed to pick out a bunch of games to buy. Of course they ring up 50% off. The 75% off sign wasn't supposed to go up until next week (a store manager told me). She said on Sunday they should ring up 75% off automatically. Is Sunday the first day of weekly ad rotation at Big Lots? I figured it was a good idea to confirm with you guys.

Anyway, that's not the weird part. The cashier said that she'd manually override the 75% off price. I couldn't see what she was doing until I got my order total, which was higher than 75% off. The games that were $10 were priced correctly. She totaled those as $2.50 each. The games that were any other price, she took 25% off... meaning if a game was $18.88, she rung it up as $7.08 ($9.44 x .75).

I said to the cashier that I was very very thankful that they are honoring the incorrect sign, but that the manual overrides weren't 75% off. I even showed them the $18.88 example on my phone and showed how it worked out to $4.72. The gentleman waiting in line behind me (who I apologized to repeatedly for the wait), agreed with what I was saying. The Big Lots cashier and manager did not understand what I was talking about at all. It wasn't that they told me "that's not how we do manual overrides. That's not our policy." I would have just agreed to that BS if they said something along those lines. That's how some stores do clearance markdowns (but the sign does say "75% off the tagged price"). They just said "No, these are correct."

I'm just thankful the cashier could do the $10 games in her head without a calculator. I was very happy to get those for $2.50 + tax. Any other game that wasn't $10, she mispriced. The $7.99 games were rung up as $3 for example instead of $2. It was just one of the strangest and most frustrating shopping experiences I've ever been a part of. I wasn't angry at all. I was just bewildered and thankful that I paid attention in math class as a child.

You guys are going to think I'm crazy, but I only bought the $10 games that were priced to $2.50 and one $7.99 game that was priced to $3. I really put the "Cheap" in CheapAssGamer... I just didn't want the games bad enough. I might check and see if there's anything left Sunday morning.

I know I'm crazy for not buying the games (and I know I'm kind of a jerk for trying to teach math to these employees), but am I crazy for thinking that 75% off of $18.88 doesn't equal $7.08? Am I crazy for thinking that 75% off of $7.99 doesn't equal $3? I'm legitimately asking right now because I'm very tired and questioning my own sanity.

You were correct, she was fucking up. Oh yea about that 75%, I'm going and getting everything I want when that becomes active. Thanks for the heads up. I need to get my stuff before the hoarders and resellers pick em clean.

Yeah, their math certainly wasn't right but what they were trying to give you was still better than 50% off. If you had wanted the games, I would have just said to bite the bullet and pay the little extra in exchange for getting the games before the actual price drop. That way you wouldn't be risking them getting snatched up before you on Sunday.

But since you didn't want them too badly, walking away from the mispriced games wasn't a bad call. I would have done the same. 

Unfortunately, some cashiers just don't understand basic math (and since the register does it for them 99% of the time, they're never forced to learn it to retain their employment status). That said, at least the mistake was in your favor as opposed to giving you a worse deal.

And, if nothing else, you were able to learn when the next markdown is and share it with the rest of the CAGs. Awesome news that it will be Sunday, as I'm actually off that day and wouldn't be near that Big Lots until next Tuesday. I'll have to stop in on Thursday to see if the games I want are still there.

You were correct, she was fucking up. Oh yea about that 75%, I'm going and getting everything I want when that becomes active. Thanks for the heads up. I need to get my stuff before the hoarders and resellers pick em clean.
Gotta build up my rep on this site. Gonna pick all stores in Cali clean, bro.

Like our patron saint, CheapestGamer says, reseller4life.

R.I.P Cali Big Lots gaming sections

Seriously though somebody is really going to probably buy all those games from every BL in their city. I got most of the stuff I wanted. Now I can go pick up those games I couldn't justify spending $5 on.

Puss in Boots
Disney High School Musical 3 Sing it
Dat Michael Phelps swimming kinect game and plenty more weird shit

Seriously though somebody is really going to probably buy all those games from every BL in their city. I got most of the stuff I wanted. Now I can go pick up those games I couldn't justify spending $5 on.

Puss in Boots
Just a heads up. I picked up that Michael Phelps Kinect game for $2.99 from Kmart clearance. Of course it's YMMV. As far as the 75% goes. You'd think it would be enough just to bring in my receipt to do it? I don't want to bring in twenty or so odd games to get the adjustment.

Just a heads up. I picked up that Michael Phelps Kinect game for $2.99 from Kmart clearance. Of course it's YMMV. As far as the 75% goes. You'd think it would be enough just to bring in my receipt to do it? I don't want to bring in twenty or so odd games to get the adjustment.
There are no Kmart stores in Houston any more. :( I shed a tear every time I see the Kmart Clearance thread.

Just googled it, and it seems your best bet would be to call and see how they handle that. Google really isn't helpful for Big Lots price adjustment questions lol.

There are no Kmart stores in Houston any more. :( I shed a tear every time I see the Kmart Clearance thread.

Just googled it, and it seems your best bet would be to call and see how they handle that. Google really isn't helpful for Big Lots price adjustment questions lol.
Ha, fair enough. Kmart is spotty, lol. I find a copy of Rap Star for $5 at one, and scored big at the other location. I find a copy of Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon for $4 clearance. Don't know if I should sell it or keep it...ugh..

All that will do when you announce it like that is make everyone on the site not want to do business with you with buying/selling/trading. That´s the opposite of building your rep. But its a good way to ruin it.

well, I guess I will go back on Sunday. I suggested to a dood at school to get a PS3 over 360 for Christmas, now if I can snag a cheap copy of Binary Domain for him we could shoot shit together

The best part of this stupid Cali arguement is that we're probably all from different parts. California is a pretty damn big state

...which will make it even more impressive when I buy them all!

I'm the one that posted about the Sunday thing. This manager didn't seem like she knew basic math, so I'm taking everything I heard with a grain of salt.

Puss in Boots

I couldn't bring myself to buy any of those kinect games like Puss in Boots, Michael Phelps, Minute to Win It etc for $5. But if they were cheaper than $5, I'd definitely buy 1 of each just to see how shitty they are and to see how many easy achievements I can add to my gamerscore.

If your store sells out of the Sing it game, Gamestop has had it for .99 cents for a very very very very very very very long time. I think this is the one. http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/disney-sing-it-high-school-musical-3-senior-year-game-only/77163

You would be following me all the way back to Indiana. Also, that wouldn't be the first time someone tried something like that.
Not sure if you're serious, but what happened if you don't mind me asking? It is something that legitimately worries me sometimes in empty parking lots at night. The first Big Lots I went to for the 50% off deal had a guy in front sitting on the ground completely wasted or strung out on some kind of drugs. This was around 9pm and I was the only other person in the parking lot shopping center. I wonder if I should invest in and buy a good taser? I walk around with a knife or an exacto knife most of the time (I had it in my pocket at the Big Lots parking lot).

I know it sounds stupid, I'm 6ft, 1" but I'm a pale skinny gamer nerd. I do not want to ever punch some idiot while defending myself and inadvertently brake my hand on his face. It would seriously fuck up my 1337 Guitar Hero skillz. :shame: There was an instance where a fight was avoided because they saw me reaching for a big knife that was clipped to my belt. They walked away. I got lucky.

The house next door to where I work got broken into today and robbed at 10:30am. Yes, "AM." I showed them our security camera footage to ID the culprits. I'm thinking I should buy a good taser or a good knife to have on me just in case of emergencies. I just don't know what to buy or where to buy it from to get a good "CAG or Slickdeals style" deal.

The best part of this stupid Cali arguement is that we're probably all from different parts. California is a pretty damn big state

...which will make it even more impressive when I buy them all!

I'm the one that posted about the Sunday thing. This manager didn't seem like she knew basic math, so I'm taking everything I heard with a grain of salt.

I couldn't bring myself to buy any of those kinect games like Puss in Boots, Michael Phelps, Minute to Win It etc for $5. But if they were cheaper than $5, I'd definitely buy 1 of each just to see how shitty they are and to see how many easy achievements I can add to my gamerscore.

If your store sells out of the Sing it game, Gamestop has had it for .99 cents for a very very very very very very very long time. I think this is the one. http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/disney-sing-it-high-school-musical-3-senior-year-game-only/77163
We should call the manager to confirm
if California is a big state.

You would be following me all the way back to Indiana. Also, that wouldn't be the first time someone tried something like that.
Psh. It won't be the last.

So the message I'm taking from this is that most of the good stuff is gone and I shouldn't bother checking the two stores anywhere near here (that never have any worthwhile games anyway) for a Shinobi?

Well if anyone finds one an extra and wants to trade it for PS3 Tomb Raider Trilogy or PS3 Tomb Raider let me know.

No one buy me a copy of Shinobi, got something worked out.

Not sure if you're serious, but what happened if you don't mind me asking?

The house next door to where I work got broken into today and robbed at 10:30am. Yes, "AM." I showed them our security camera footage to ID the culprits. I'm thinking I should buy a good taser or a good knife to have on me just in case of emergencies. I just don't know what to buy or where to buy it from to get a good "CAG or Slickdeals style" deal.
It was actually outside of my house where a guy approached me. I live on a busy four lane road in town in a not so great neighborhood, so there's plenty of foot traffic. I was unloading my car at about midnight after returning from a business trip. This guy sees me while walking and crosses the street towards me. He starts talking to me as he crosses the street saying something about how the police the next town over thinks he robbed a bank and that his mother is scared of him. The whole time he's walking towards me, and I know he's just trying to keep me distracted until he can get close enough to jump me. The car was parked about 15 feet from the road and going in the house would actually put me closer to him, so I put one foot in the car. He stops at the end of the driveway still talking. Finally I tell him I have to go and get in the car. He moves on down the road. Don't know why he thought his topic of conversation would interest me or make me consider him trustworthy, but he apparently thought it was a good idea.

As far as CL transactions or going into shady areas by myself, I'm usually packing.

Also, most break-ins happen during the day while people are at work. My house was broken into about 5 years ago, at 9:30 am. Purchased a security system shortly afterwards.

Yeah my cousin broke into houses during the day.  You actually get in less trouble if it's during the day.  :lol:

And him being white, he didn't serve a damn day!

I plan to hit up the Culver City Big Lots tomorrow. I'm not greedy - may just want a couple games and some wasabi edamame and soynuts. I hope I don't see any damn hoarders. We've all been there, but still...

Since we're sharing our CAG testimonials, I'll share my story. Back in 2009, I worked at GameCrazy. I was leaving for work the one day, and apparently these three kids tried to break into my home. They had to scope out the house because the incident happened right after I left for the bus. I make it to work, and I get a phone call from my mom. The alarm went off, and the police came out right away. The kids tried to kick the door in for a quick grab. They were spotted and we couldn't press charges because they were minors. Damn thieves. Ever since then we invested into an alarm system. It's not too expensive, and it gets the job done. It's sad to think people would stoop that low...

I plan to hit up the Culver City Big Lots tomorrow. I'm not greedy - may just want a couple games and some wasabi edamame and soynuts. I hope I don't see any damn hoarders. We've all been there, but still...
I've never been there. I buy games to play. I don't re-sell. I can't imagine being poor enough to make that worth my time and effort, and I've been pretty poor at times.

I've never been there. I buy games to play. I don't re-sell. I can't imagine being poor enough to make that worth my time and effort, and I've been pretty poor at times.
Being poor has nothing to do with wanting free money. I spent a holiday season a few years ago reselling and I made over $2000 in just 2 months. Christmas was free because of it and I got a ton of great deals on top of it.

If anyone can find me an extra copy of MK vs. DC Universe for PS3 and is willing to sell or trade for other games from Big Lots sale please let me know.  I have quite a few titles.

I'm really hoping that this sale goes 75% off this coming week.  The Big Lots near me is stocked.

So far I've already bought.

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars $9.44

Shinobi $5

Halo Wars $9.44

Goldeneye (Wii) with Golden Controller $15

I'm planning on making one last haul when everything drops. I'll probably pick up a couple more Goldeneyes (They have at least a dozen of them)  Another copy of Halo Wars just to have one sealed and some other games that interested me (Splinter Cell 3D, Yakuza Dead Souls, etc) 

Finally went to one local Big Lots yesterday and got Shinobi and Dead Rising for $5 each, and Arkham City GOTY for $9. Might check another one today, I'd like to find Halo Wars.

If anyone can find me an extra copy of MK vs. DC Universe for PS3 and is willing to sell or trade for other games from Big Lots sale please let me know. I have quite a few titles.
Wish I had known before, my store had a few copies. Gone now.

I'm going in Sunday morning, if I see something on a list here I'll grab it to trade. Wouldn't keep the hopes up though, shelf was almost empty a week ago.

If the 70% off hits, they should have some PS3 Udraw and Sing It bundles for $6 each.

I checked out 5 Big Lots yesterday on my drive home from the boat(2 in New Orleans, 1 in Mobile, AL, 1 in Pensacola, FL and 1 in Crestview, FL). I was mainly looking for 3DS games. The 2 in NO where thoroughly picked through. Although I did manage to pick up Shinobi for 5$ and Ghost Recon for $9.44. The BL in Mobile had a decent selection of 3DS and Wii games but nothing that interested me. The BL in Pensacola was almost barren. The Big Lots in Crestview had the best selection of games from all platforms left of any of the BLs I went to. Crestview is a small town so for those still looking to get in on these deals you may want to try to hit up the more rural BLs near them.

Culver City has a few good games - 1 each Saints Row 3, RE Archives Wii and Hitman 360. There was a Skylancers starter kit but not sure for what system - a Nintendo one, I think. Also literally dozens of that Cubix Ninja or whatever and Splinter Cell 3DS. I inspired a dude to grab the one Mass Effect 3. He also got a Left 4 Dead. Meanwhile, I got about 6 bags of wasabi edamame, a 4-pack of Dial bar soap, and some Ghirardelli brownie mix to make my wife some Valentine's sweets.

I stopped by the West LA Big Lots the other day, and found zero games. They're putting in an aisle of refrigerator units, though, for chilled food. Interesting.

About damn time. Hopefully all Big Lots will eventually start adding frozen/cold stuff and just isn't that particular store.
Hopefully the cold stuff will continue to be legitimate food items. Not like the fake stuff from the Dollar Tree with an "e" on the end. Example: sour creame - made from oil usually.

Also, has anyone ever seen beer being sold in a Big Lots store? I haven't but I noticed on their coupons it said excludes alcohol purchases.

Hopefully the cold stuff will continue to be legitimate food items. Not like the fake stuff from the Dollar Tree with an "e" on the end. Example: sour creame - made from oil usually.

Also, has anyone ever seen beer being sold in a Big Lots store? I haven't but I noticed on their coupons it said excludes alcohol purchases.
I don't think so cause big lots would have to have a liquor license to sell it

Not beer, but my Big Lots has a row of wines. I don't drink, so that's about all I can tell you.
I'm hopeful the refrigerated section will have a lot of health foods. That's usually what I buy there - organic or high-protein items from small companies that unfortunately didn't sell at Target or Whole Foods or whatever.

It's not about being poor.... at least then I could understand it, even if I still wouldn't condone it. No, it's about greed, pure and simple. Hoarders are becoming a real problem in my area and it seems on CAG in general. 2 years ago I never missed a B&M sale, and was always able to get a copy of what I wanted. Now, some jobless wonders wait in front of the store before it opens just to clear it out whenever there's a decent sale (prime example being Target's sale on Super Mario HD Land a week ago. I got there an hour after it opened that Sunday and the employee told me El Hoardo had cleared them out right when the store opened, only forgetting to grab the 1 copy in the display case. Of course, every other Target, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart in my area was OoS by the end of the day). Needless to say I've missed out on tons of sales lately thanks to El Hoardo, including deals I've specifically waited for like the new Tomb Raider. At this point, it's not even worth a trip to any store with a decent sale unless I can get somebody to hold a copy of w/e for me the day before the sale starts.

I will never understand the lengths El Hoardo will go to to flip a game for, what, MAYBE $10 on ebay or w/e? I swear, it seems like half the people that are on this site now would yank the candy right out of a babies mouth if they could flip it for a nickel :whistle2:? It really does get frustrating too, missing out on stuff and knowing it all went to one guy...... :whistle2:(

Last edited:
Culver City has a few good games - 1 each Saints Row 3, RE Archives Wii and Hitman 360. There was a Skylancers starter kit but not sure for what system - a Nintendo one, I think. Also literally dozens of that Cubix Ninja or whatever and Splinter Cell 3DS. I inspired a dude to grab the one Mass Effect 3. He also got a Left 4 Dead.

Did you get RE Archives? Also did you see any Mario or Sonic games? I probably might roll over to Culver City tomorrow.

bread's done
Back