30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Mass Effect 2 for PS3 today for 5 bucks, probably wont play it but for that price, it'll look good sitting on the shelf
El Hoardo... We meet again.
Buying 1 game is hoarding? Are you fucking serious? Are you fucking stupid? If the answer to questions 1 and 2 are yes, then the answer to question 3 is most certainly yes.

So EVERYONE on this site that has ever bought a game that added to the backlog is hoarding???? I just can't even begin to understand that philosophy...

Picked up Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for the 3DS. It was about $5, and I've heard enough good things about it that I figured, "why not?"

Also, just a side note, I asked about the sale and apparently Big Lots is getting out of electronics altogether. I asked why and she said theft. Not sure if that's true.
That sounds legit. When I worked for Consolidated (the company that owns Big Lots) their LP was a joke. They had a strict policy of not filing charges for external theft. It didn't matter if you caught the individual red handed walking out of the store with a trash bag full of stolen merchandise, the company line was, "let them go." (Ended up leaving in a disagreement with the LP auditor who didn't understand what the "anonymous" part meant in "anonymous tip line.")

Picked up Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for the 3DS. It was about $5, and I've heard enough good things about it that I figured, "why not?"
Shadow Wars is easily the best of the 3DS launch lineup. If you dig strategy games you'll be in hog heaven.

It's been out for three years and I still pick it up every few months and get a solid week's worth playtime out of it.

Buying 1 game is hoarding? Are you fucking serious? Are you fucking stupid? If the answer to questions 1 and 2 are yes, then the answer to question 3 is most certainly yes.

So EVERYONE on this site that has ever bought a game that added to the backlog is hoarding???? I just can't even begin to understand that philosophy...

Calm down nerd he was joking.

Shadow Wars is easily the best of the 3DS launch lineup. If you dig strategy games you'll be in hog heaven.

It's been out for three years and I still pick it up every few months and get a solid week's worth playtime out of it.
For $5, there's very little that would lead me to harshly judge it. I've enjoyed the few tactics/turn-based strategy games I've played, so I'm familiar with the formula. I doubt the amount of praise it's received is unwarranted, so I'm okay with spending $5 on it.

Only saw a couple games at mine, some Sing It game with mic for the Wii, Mass Effect 3 360 and Once Upon a Monster Kinect game. Got nothing!

Cleaned out West Deptford and Pitman (both NJ) locations. LOTS of DS games left at West Deptford, only Michael Phelps left at Pitman.

Hope to hit Cherry Hill and Sicklerville this weekend.

Late to the game on this deal, just went to my first store tonight. They were picked clean! :(

Only thing worth getting was Binary Domain for PS3 for $2.62 :)

Went back and picked up:
-Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter
-Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs

Both were for DS. I expect DtL to be a passable platformer but I mostly got it because I like that you can draw your character and such. Not really a big Pokemon guy, but I've seen that those games are expensive and hardly drop, but turns out the ranger series is considered not very good.

I'm curious to whether they have games hidden like some CAGers have posted.

Stopped by 3 local Big Lots stores. All were picked over (the third I went to had no games left at all). Only got 3 games (all X360)

You Don't Know Jack ($2.50)

Disney Sing It ($2.50)

Dead Space 2 ($4.75)

Was hoping I'd get lucky and they'd have Halo Wars, but I'm pleased enough with what I got!

Checked my local store and spent $50 on nothing I really needed LOL.

:360: Surpremacy MMA $3.32

:360: Top Spin 4 $2.50

:360: Hitman Absolution $3.22

:360: Bejeweled 3 $3.22

:ps3: Disney Sing It $2.50

:ps3: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock $2.50

:ps3: Motionsports Adrenaline $3.22

:ps3: Michael Jackson The Experience $3.22

:3ds: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars $4.72

:3ds: James Noir's Hollywood Crimes $2.50

:3ds: Cubic Ninja $2.50

:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $3.75

Picked up a few copies of Professor Layton if anyone is looking for that and wants to trade.

Checked my local store and spent $50 on nothing I really needed LOL.

:360: Surpremacy MMA $3.32

:360: Top Spin 4 $2.50

:360: Hitman Absolution $3.22

:360: Bejeweled 3 $3.22

:ps3: Disney Sing It $2.50

:ps3: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock $2.50

:ps3: Motionsports Adrenaline $3.22

:ps3: Michael Jackson The Experience $3.22

:3ds: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars $4.72

:3ds: James Noir's Hollywood Crimes $2.50

:3ds: Cubic Ninja $2.50

:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $3.75

Picked up a few copies of Professor Layton if anyone is looking for that and wants to trade.
If you have Professor Layton available, I'll pay price plus shipping for one. Thanks!

Well, I gave my friend my copy of Shinobi so now I need to find myself another copy before they become completely snatched up. Also need to find that Surpremacy MMA game out of utter curiousity. 

People are willing picking up any game since it's 75%. It's like walking into to Mcdonalds and buying items off the $1, knowing that stuff is hazard to our body.  :rofl: 

People are willing picking up any game since it's 75%. It's like walking into to Mcdonalds and buying items off the $1, knowing that stuff is hazard to our body. :rofl:
Yeah, I had some of that next day regret this morning. Picked me up some ugly things at closing time. At least in this case it's returnable.

Yeah, I had some of that next day regret this morning. Picked me up some ugly things at closing time. At least in this case it's returnable.
Tell me about it I picked up think smart chess for kids for the ds for $2 but it like it only $2 why not then that led me to doing same thing with like 15 other games smh

Tell me about it I picked up think smart chess for kids for the ds for $2 but it like it only $2 why not then that led me to doing same thing with like 15 other games smh
Right now my return pile is DJ Hero 2 (don't even have the turn tables but it was the $2 syndrome), Yakuza Dead Souls (didn't realize it was the bad one), and GR Shadow Wars (that was open when I bought it but didn't know that and only bought it for the case since I already had the game and thought it was $2.50 and not $5).

Right now my return pile is DJ Hero 2 (don't even have the turn tables but it was the $2 syndrome), Yakuza Dead Souls (didn't realize it was the bad one), and GR Shadow Wars (that was open when I bought it but didn't know that and only bought it for the case since I already had the game and thought it was $2.50 and not $5).
yea I made out pretty good with big lots the past two weeks the only one I really wanted and couldn't find though was midway arcade for Xbox but can't win them all

If someone manages to find copies of Halo Wars, Spirit Tracks and Dragon Quest 9, I'll seriously love you forever. Oh, and pay for them and shipping and all that. I've had crap luck finding anything but shovelware at the stores in my area.

If someone manages to find copies of Halo Wars, Spirit Tracks and Dragon Quest 9, I'll seriously love you forever. Oh, and pay for them and shipping and all that. I've had crap luck finding anything but shovelware at the stores in my area.
I picked up DQ9 "used" at TRU last night for $7.99, so you may wanna check there. They have a used sticker on it, but the game is brand new and sealed.

The store I went to had ~30 Guitar Hero: On Tour for the DS. It was $1.25. I think I already bought this once.

Haha, yep, Gmail search confirms it. Gamestop order for $2.99 back in April 2011.

I just thought it was odd because I don't think I've seen it mentioned here. Let alone in such quantity. They didn't have much else. The rack was heavily marked with 75% off advertisements.

Kind of a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if the person who bought all the games at the Linton blvd. store was on this thread. I'm just curious what they had in stock. I took a lot of pictures of the current stock at the other 3 stores in our area. Feel free to pm me and I'll make a list if interested.

My trip wasn't a complete waste. I found a James and the Giant Peach bluray super cheap. Had a nice slipcover amazingly.

The BL employee I talked to yesterday said that doesn't apply to clearance items. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I could've sworn that the coupon said it applied to clearance as well, so of course I can't find that info now :p

Here's what it says under "Terms & Conditions" on the coupon:

*Rewards discount is an exclusive offer for select Buzz Club Rewards® members only and is not transferable. To receive Rewards discount, Rewards member must either (1) present at checkout the Rewards card or (2) present valid photo identification and request that the associate look up the Rewards account. Big Lots may refuse to honor Rewards discount if member does not do so. Discounts do not apply to previous transactions, previously initiated price holds, non-purchases such as rentals, deposits and charitable donations, purchases of alcohol, milk, dairy products, eggs, and purchases of gift cards. Discounts cannot be used in combination with any other coupon, associate discount, or other discount, including, but not limited to, Rewards discount redemptions. Value is forfeited if item is returned. Big Lots is not responsible for lost or stolen Rewards cards or expired discounts. By attempting to use discount or presenting your Rewards card, user unconditionally agrees that decisions of Big Lots are final on all matters of interpretation, fact and procedure in respect of discount. Void where prohibited. Valid only on in-stock goods. No cash value or cash back. Rewards discount value on 03/01/2014 from 2pm until closing with valid Rewards card or account. Excludes all Utah stores. Offer good 3/1/2014 thru 3/1/2014. CASHIER: To apply discount, scan Rewards card. 16660
Idk if "clearance" counts as a "discount" or not.

I talked to a Big Lots employee today and asked about the time frame of the sale tomorrow. She said they're doing the extra 20% off all day. I should've asked if the coupon applies to clearance, but at the time I was certain it was.

Also, I checked the Hayward, CA location for the first time since the 75% off sale started; it has been picked pretty clean. Saw Puss In Boots and You Don't Know Jack for Xbox 360 and a bunch of copies of some Ben 10 Racing game for NDS.

I was thinking of doing a Big Lots run tomorrow, but after seeing how picked clean this one was I'm not sure if it's worth it. Can anyone report on the Big Lots stores in the Bay Area?

Thanks!

On Wednesday, I did a return and rebuy and got back $28 total from two separate transactions. Then, I got two copies of Sing It with mics, Chaotic: Shadow Warriors and Adventures of Tin Tin for Wii, Michael Phelps and Sesame Street for 360 Kinect for $20 total, which was cancelled out by the return. Those Logitech mics are good for any Guitar Hero, Rock Band or Glee: Karaoke Revolution games too, all of which I enjoy. I still couldn't bring myself to buy Deepak Chopra's Leela for Kinect or The Bachelor for DS, though. Anybody know what the hell Leela is other than a tantric slideshow...and one of the releases that helped put THQ out of business?

Saw this thread and went to the Santa Rosa, CA BigLots. Pretty picked through, had a bunch of Micheal Phelps, Minute To Win It and other Kinect games for the 360. Hand full of PS3/Wii/DS games but didn't bother looking at them since I only have 360.

I got:

:360: Dragon Age 2 - $4.72

:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 - $1.99

:360: MLB 2K11 - $2.50

Not bad, thanks CAG! I might try the Rohnert Park BL for kicks.

Edit: Forgot to mention, everything but Dragon Age 2 was in the locked electronics cage. They had a $7 sign on them and the clerk said the stars mean 50% off. Dragon Age 2 was a display box that had a $18.88 tag on it.

i went in to one of three of my local stores in MA and got 2 copies of Professor Layton Unwound Future ds, Splinter Cell 3ds and Shinobi 3ds for under $14. not bad

Wow. There was Skylanders at the store. It was ghetto and that might be why they survived.

They were in a cage in the back under an electronics display that looked like it had all the display devices ripped out.

There were no clearance signs or anything and it was still tagged $40.

Just went back again today, saw a few copies of Skate 3, a copy of Professor Layton, and a bunch of Lost Planet that weren't on the shelves before :) Gonna have to try to grab some of those tomorrow @ 20% off  :D/

bread's done
Back