30% Off Everything - Enter Konami Code for Discount

jjgames

CAGiversary!
JJGames.com is doing a "Konami Code Sale" where everything is 30% off if you enter the Konami Code on the website. The sale ends April 25th.

For anyone who doesn't know the code (I'm not sure what you are doing on CAG) it is:

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A

Enter that on your keyboard

[quote name='phantasyx']got persona for ps1 for 43 shipped, hope its at least a decent copy. Killer deal though it was like 18 bucks off.[/QUOTE]

lucky bastard. hopefully i will manage to pick up final fantasy v advance and xenogears before they go oos

Meh. I don't see anything cheap enough. Maybe the above mentioned xenogears but it's disc only. Weird that there's no psp or ps3 games.

[quote name='Doomstink']All the games on there are priced at the current average going-rate between amazon, eBay, and half.com. Due to the fact that it is an average, the prices are lower than 50% of the items on eBay. Take 30% off that price and your getting an item priced in the lower 30% of eBay items, and most of those are just auction listings that ended low for some reason or another.

I can't see how you can call the prices "overpriced".[/QUOTE]

Actually they are overpriced. I will give you an example. I saw Sunset Riders for Genesis for sale for around $30 for a cart only copy. I just sold a cart only copy on ebay last Sunday for $5 plus $2 shipping in an auction. That is but one example, I saw many others. I am an avid ebay shopper so believe me, they are overpriced in many cases. Shop around people!

RAcing - Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 Sega Dreamcast

never played the game but I cant imagine it as a racing title. Sorry just hit me as funny

A lot of things I've wanted are out of stock (go figure lol) But I bought Grandia 2 for Dreamcast, MGS (to replace my semi-crappy copy) and Final Fantasy Anthology all with "box instructions, item"
And such an awesome way to place a coupon! Thanks OP!

[quote name='JDMoney']JJ - I noticed that on your website there is no link to the psp or it's games. Are they all sold out, or is it something that you just don't carry in stock? If you do happen to get some in, I would be interested in picking some up during this promotion. Thank you![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately PSP and PS3 are the two consoles we don't carry yet. We focus mainly on the vintage consoles but started doing newer consoles too, like Wii and 360. We surveyed our users to ask which consoles they wanted us to add first and Wii and 360 won. We will be adding PS3 and PSP in the near future though.

Not in time for this sale though, :( Sorry

placed my order and didn't even have to get off the couch to get my credit card thanks to paypal.

picked up some old school nes games to round out my collection. hopefully they will offer ps3 games sson!

[quote name='juden66']Wtf is a "Konami code" I think you should say "Contra Code" then most of us would know what your talking about. Inless that works in every konami game and missed something important from my childhood?[/QUOTE]

OMG are you kidding me? LIST OF OVER 100 games that use this code

[quote name='Edge']I don't know of the website, but that's the most awesome promotion ever. Even plays a little jingle and animation.[/QUOTE]
fuck, that was loud.

Put in an order for D2 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on the Dreamcast, only came out to be like $33! Not too bad for complete copies... definitely wanted to buy more DC games but I'm really pushing my funds after pissing my money away on the flood of deals this month.

And yeah, that really is a clever promo!

Thank you for the reply JJ. I look forward to you getting some psp's in stock. Awesome promotion, and I have to admit, it is the coolest way to enter a coupon code EVER! Please keep us CAG's aware of any deals you have in the future. Great site!

I'm guessing you got approval from CheapyD before posting your own site correct. I'm thinking of dropping some cash but not if it's not been approved by the big dog himself.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I'm thinking of dropping some cash but not if it's not been approved by the big dog himself.[/QUOTE]

Wow, is there a Church of Cheapy I don't know about?

[quote name='Vegan']Wow, is there a Church of Cheapy I don't know about?[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of... I want to support the site and if this isn't part of the approved affiliates, we're not helping Cheapy feed his family.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Not that I know of... I want to support the site and if this isn't part of the approved affiliates, we're not helping Cheapy feed his family.[/QUOTE]

We don't have an affiliate network so I can't help CheapyD feed himself and his family right now, but we are working to add one. When we do I will be sure to let Cheapy know. Someone has to think of the children.

I would wager that 90% of the deals that get posted have no affiliate program. Amazon is the only one I know of. While I'm sure he'd love them all to send him money, he knows that the site wouldn't get half the traffic it does if it only allowed affiliate deals.

[quote name='handisnacks']Um, so where are the PS3 games?[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you know by now that PS3 always gets shafted when it comes to used games?

Im not going to lie...I just wanted to enter the site for the little animation. Great prices though, I will definitely be checking back when I have some cash again.

[quote name='cheapomonkey']nice code... but why is a used copy of mariokart going for more than list price?[/QUOTE]

For the most part our prices are quite a bit less than retail and lower than lots of other sites too.

But Mario Kart Wii is a strange exception. We sell internationally and lots of customers in South America buy this game from us and pay more than retail price for it (I'm guessing it is hard to get in S. America). Either way, we had a hard time keeping it in stock so the price had to increase.

If the game doesn't sell after a while we will lower it back down again but we've sold 5 or 6 at this price in the past month or two.

[quote name='c']fuck the haters. What a great site.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Actually, doing comparison shopping between GameStop and JJgames, I found my overall orders to be 4-6 dollars cheaper even with all of Gamestops stackable promos. $29.00 For Modern Warefare 2 is a damn good deal.

This is probably a stupid question, but I tried looking for payment methods and couldn't find an answer... does anyone know if this site accepts Paypal?

[quote name='Nymphonomicon']This is probably a stupid question, but I tried looking for payment methods and couldn't find an answer... does anyone know if this site accepts Paypal?[/QUOTE]

http://www.jjgames.com/page/faq

What payment types does JJGames.com accept?
JJGames.com accepts payments via credit card and PayPal.

Just chiming in to say how great I think this is. I really appreciate a small site like this putting a good deal together and making yourselves available to the community. I picked up a couple of older games - Dreamcast, PSX, and Gamecube.

Received my package today.

Even though I split my order to 2 separate orders to utilize free shipping on the game + accessory (I also bought 2 controllers), it came in one box w/ peanut packaging.
Speedy shipping - of course I didn't expect it to take until Monday like the estimate said because it was coming form Colorado (to California).

My Gamecube game looks as if it had a great owner. Disc had no scratches (no traces of being resurfaced either). The memory card looks as it should.

One of the Gamecube controllers was in excellent condition. The other was labeled in "good" condition when it should have said "cosmetic damage" since one of the cords had the wire exposed. Also looked as if the connector had been chewed or stepped on. Other than that it looks fine.

As long as everything works I'll be happy since mostly everything came as described.

Last edited by a moderator:
My DS Lite came came in today (the pink DS Lite with box and instructions). The DS looks great, both screens are almost totally scratch free and the original box was still in very good condition. My daughter will love her new DS (and I can get my old DS back from her :lol:).

Is this deal dead? As of right now, its not taking %30 off my cart but it was last night.

Edit: Nevermind- Deleted cookies now it works fine.

[quote name='JNKryo']Goddamn, I love inputting that code :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Glad you enjoy entering the code so much.

[quote name='iRent']One of the Gamecube controllers was in excellent condition. The other was labeled in "good" condition when it should have said "cosmetic damage" since one of the cords had the wire exposed. Also looked as if the connector had been chewed or stepped on. Other than that it looks fine.

As long as everything works I'll be happy since mostly everything came as described.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry for that problem with the Gamecube controller having a frayed cord, they are not supposed to be sold in that condition. I can issue you a partial refund for this problem if the controller does work, or I can give you a full refund if you send it back to us.

Wow, my wiimotes and nunchucks arrived fast and they almost look new. Assuming the all work when I test them, I am very pleased. I hope my dreamcast order is this impressive...

Got the Wii system I ordered Wednesday (came with system, all cables, sensor bar, 1 wii mote, and 1 nunchuck) as well as 3 additional wii motes. Everything was in excellent condition except for the door covering the gamecube controller port had 1 tiny piece of plastic broken off. Not a big deal since it sits on the top of the console, especially considering the price I paid.

Wii had Super Mario World and Mario 64 downloaded to the console as well as 200 wii points left.

Super fast delivery, great prices, and great customer support.

I'm really impressed with this site. The prices on retro stuff totally beat out my local videogame warehouse, and I really like how you can filter by condition and completeness. Love how each and every duplicate item gets its own description so you know what you're getting. If this order goes smoothly, I'll definitely be back.

(this post was not paid for by jjgames or anyone, this promotion is valid in 49 states, SORRY TENNESSEE)

bread's done
Back