30% off purchase of 2 games target coupon exp 12/30(YMMV)

Kevlar338

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Coupon is no longer printing out at the registers . However I'm thinking someone should start a dedicated target coupon thread . I don't have time to keep up with it or I would do it myself . Between this and the magical b2g1 coupon there are some great deals to be had .

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone confirm this please:

1. 30% coupons no longer print out.

2. Any existing 30% coupons will be accepted on top of B2G1.

3. Coupons can be used on PS4 games without override.

Here's my copy and paste of my response to this in the other thread.

1. Appears so. Though one report of getting it with a purchase of Ducktales. So possible it's the $1 cards and $0.01 koozies that are shut down for generating it.

2. Unclear. Some reports of stores refusing to do so and one post of a letter being sent to stores saying not to allow.

3. Recent reports say yes, but see #2 as to whether it will stack on B2G1.

I still say someone should scan in their copy of the coupon -hint hint-

Target may not be generating the coupon but doesn't mean coupon has expired. 

Probably reaching the end of the limit number of prints (most of these are date related or quantity related - whichever comes first)

You can thank the idiot who posted this on SD last night for it's demise...

never ceases to amaze me how members here or even lurkers here would think doing this helps...

oh wait!.. you get meaningless thumbs up from strangers who kill deals and many of which are not gamers...

Can someone confirm this please:

1. 30% coupons no longer print out.

2. Any existing 30% coupons will be accepted on top of B2G1.

3. Coupons can be used on PS4 games without override.
1.I got 2 coupons yesterday.

2/3. The coupons work today for 6 Ps4 games across 2 transactions with no override, 85.37 after using target card. This was at 10:38am EST at Aventura, FL target. GL

Coupon is dead with Pre-Order cards. My wife and I tried picking up four of them and nada also tried a different Target store, nada.  So $1 pre-order cards are no longer triggering the 30% off coupon.

I did use the coupon on Knack and Two Call of Duty Ghosts, it did require a manual override last Sunday.

I then returned one of the Call of Duty Ghosts for store credit no receipt, they do take your ID.
Then I purchased Killzone using the store credit card at full price on Tuesday.

Then my wife returned the other Call of Duty Ghosts at full price.

I will pickup Need for Speed Rivals later with gift card on Friday.
It was a lot of work just to get the 3 games that I wanted, all with different release dates.

Still

So I guess now they will take the coupon without an override. Think I will have any trouble getting them to retroactively apply it? I got my wife to get the games I wanted yesterday, but getting her to convince the manager that it was ok to sell the games was as far as I was willing to go with her. I might even exchange one of the games for a ps3 game. If I can end up with AC4, NBA2K14, and the Last of Us for $85 I would be pretty excited. I am not a fan of shooters at all.

A lot of the games I really want are future releases. Infamous, The Order 1886, Dragon Age, etc.

I also have a copy of Knack (I have a Taco Bell package), which I might go the Walmart route and save the gift card for one of the above.

Yes, everyone please stop trying with the preorder cards and coozies as if it isn't already obvious those will no longer trigger the coupon!

Try other items like clearance games if you would then we can get a better idea if the coupon is really dead or not. 

Party's over it seems , it's funny I was gonna attempt to get another coupon (already had 3) . Used a coupon to snag 3 more games required an override .

My experience with a 30% coupon around 1pm today:

three PS4 games, Killzone, Battlefield, and Call of Duty were scanned and then 30% off coupon scanned, its coupon was denied, its screen saying "no eligible items." My cashier wouldn't override its price, instead called her manager. He hesitated and finally applied the coupon on its transaction. so I got the three PS4 game about $84 and change(I got 5% off using Target card).

Coupon is dead with Pre-Order cards. My wife and I tried picking up four of them and nada also tried a different Target store, nada. So $1 pre-order cards are no longer triggering the 30% off coupon.

I did use the coupon on Knack and Two Call of Duty Ghosts, it did require a manual override last Sunday.
I then returned one of the Call of Duty Ghosts for store credit no receipt, they do take your ID.
Then I purchased Killzone using the store credit card at full price on Tuesday.
Then my wife returned the other Call of Duty Ghosts at full price.
I will pickup Need for Speed Rivals later with gift card on Friday.
It was a lot of work just to get the 3 games that I wanted, all with different release dates.

Still <$85 is not bad for 3 PS4 games at launch.
Why didn't you just exchange those games with the receipt in hand? Did you really lose it?

I just picked up COD, NBA 2K14, and Killzone for the PS4.  I also had a pre order card for COD and the 30% off coupon from the registers.  All of them STACKED WITHOUT OVERRIDE.   Out the door with 3 games, a $5 gift card, Target red card discount for $86.78.  Again, no override was required for any part of this transaction.  This was at a Target in Los Angeles.

Tried to get the coupon to print in 3 Targets in the Lousiana area.  No would print out using the pre-order cards.  Pretty sure this is dead.  Good luck to the people that can still get in on it.

Wow, good thing I printed out 3 when I had the chance. Knew I should've got more yesterday. And good thing I returned all of my preorder cards in time. Also, what should I say to the person at electronics as a reason to take the games up to the front registers? I want to try my luck at getting a coupon with just buying games at the front since they don't have a printer in the back. Do they really let you hold the games if you say you want to buy other stuff?

Wow, good thing I printed out 3 when I had the chance. Knew I should've got more yesterday. And good thing I returned all of my preorder cards in time. Also, what should I say to the person at electronics as a reason to take the games up to the front registers? I want to try my luck at getting a coupon with just buying games at the front since they don't have a printer in the back. Do they really let you hold the games if you say you want to buy other stuff?
If a guest doesn't purchase a game in the electronics department, the team member has to either walk it up to a check lane or guest services for you.

Tried with 5 watch dog cards as well as normal food items, got nothing. This is pissing me off your otherwise I'd have used amazon. If someone wants to play me a coupon scan I'd be forever grateful. Location was supertarget Melrose Park IL.

Lol,I was walking out of target after almost getting a Nikon j1 for $80, and guess what I saw laying by a closed cashier station
the loch ness monster... Nah, really just a 30% off two games coupon

Probably reaching the end of the limit number of prints (most of these are date related or quantity related - whichever comes first)

You can thank the idiot who posted this on SD last night for it's demise...

never ceases to amaze me how members here or even lurkers here would think doing this helps...

oh wait!.. you get meaningless thumbs up from strangers who kill deals and many of which are not gamers...
Does it matter really matter which asshole on what site was getting a coupon to abuse? People were using it in a way it wasn't intended to be used in the first place. I received one over a month ago that I've been saving for Zelda next week and the coupon does have a limitation, it states only 4 per household.

I just tried in the Sterling-West Target in Northern Va again. No luck. I tried with 11 different pre order cards between PS4 and Xbone. Forza, watch dogs for both, Ryse, AC4 for xbone. Nothing . The dude at the register was cool. He just tried each one and voided immediately.

Another dude tried three more cards behind me, no luck.

The rep at the game section said that the trick worked for some people. I asked him where the cozies are and he said they are free only if we buy COD ghosts. I'll try and report back.

Hope others are lucky.

How long do you have to return pre-order cards?
Actually the back of the cards state that the cards are non-returnable .I guess I was lucky that i was able to return the two I got on monday within minutes. if you try doing this, then have the cashier void each transaction if the coupon doesnt print after trying each card. So then you spent no money trying.

Weird that nobody is willing to help us by scanning the coupon. I know they might not accept it, but I am willing to try. PLEASE, someone scan the coupon...

If you ask for a price match, they put the games in that plastic lockbox, which you carry over to Guest Services.

They will tell you they can only do one price match per day and they cannot do it on a promotion like Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

So you might as well buy the games in Electronics if using a promotion

I should have checked this thread first. I tried two Targets tonight one of which I was 5/5 before tonight. Both were no goes on four transactions.

Still the deal of the year and the most fun store/deal hoping I've had since Circuit City died.

Thanks Op

Went to use my coupon today and pick up my reserve games and when I get to the store they sold my reserve copies!!!! No other target within an hour of me and the store manager told me tough luck, our mistake and gave me a three dollar apology coupon. I'm so pissed right now!!! The back of the reserve card clearly states will hold for 7 days!!!!

Nope. I bought a game today (Fifa 14), and I got it in the plastic case to do as I pleased with.

If you ask for a price match, they put the games in that plastic lockbox, which you carry over to Guest Services.

They will tell you they can only do one price match per day and they cannot do it on a promotion like Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

So you might as well buy the games in Electronics if using a promotion
This must be a store-by-store policy then. My store and others around me always make the electronics team member walk the item up.

This must be a store-by-store policy then. My store and others around me always make the electronics team member walk the item up.

I've had it both ways in my local target. When I bought Luigi's Mansion the day it came out, the dude at the electronics section walked with me to the front to do a price match. A few months later I was given the game in a plastic box to take to customer service myself for a price match.

618B9A37-1A35-45DB-B33D-F83C32558C6F-3340-00000303F81D75E6_zps729da163.jpg

Actually the back of the cards state that the cards are non-returnable .I guess I was lucky that i was able to return the two I got on monday within minutes. if you try doing this, then have the cashier void each transaction if the coupon doesnt print after trying each card. So then you spent no money trying.
Not all of them say non returnable actually. Only a few strangely say that. I dont know why they would not be, as many times they dont hold the games for you anyway :headache:

Not all of them say non returnable actually. Only a few strangely say that. I dont know why they would not be, as many times they dont hold the games for you anyway :headache:
Oh. I didn't know that. I checked the back of the Watch Dogs pre-order card. Not sure if it was the Ps3 or PS4 version. I saw it on there. I didn't bother to check the cards for the other games I tried.

I was in Target and some guy was complaining about how he bought a ton of preorder cards but didn't get the coupon. Yes, in Target. He also took a picture of the three games he got on the customer service desk.

This is why we can't have nice things.

bread's done
Back