30% off purchase of 2 games target coupon exp 12/30(YMMV)

Kevlar338

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Coupon is no longer printing out at the registers . However I'm thinking someone should start a dedicated target coupon thread . I don't have time to keep up with it or I would do it myself . Between this and the magical b2g1 coupon there are some great deals to be had .

Last edited by a moderator:
I am gonna try getting some coupons tomorrow.
Hopefully it will work.
I am new to cheapassgamer
Does anyone have an extra in case I can't get one printed?

Success with B2G1 w/ 30% off coupon. $89.02 for all three.

Got Killzone, AC4: Black Flag, and Batman Origins (for PS3). I initially wanted to get Need For Speed Rivals instead of Batman, so I am considering returning friday to try an exchange. And I know that the refund value of Batman alone wouldn't cover the purchase of Need For Speed, so I am going to return with all 3 games (sealed) and ask to just exchange batman with NFS. 

Would I run into any issues? will they just replicate another B2G1? What happens to the coupon that was used in the first B2G1? 

Success with B2G1 w/ 30% off coupon. $89.02 for all three.

Got Killzone, AC4: Black Flag, and Batman Origins (for PS3). I initially wanted to get Need For Speed Rivals instead of Batman, so I am considering returning friday to try an exchange. And I know that the refund value of Batman alone wouldn't cover the purchase of Need For Speed, so I am going to return with all 3 games (sealed) and ask to just exchange batman with NFS.

Would I run into any issues? will they just replicate another B2G1? What happens to the coupon that was used in the first B2G1?
I'm going to go back with all three games but I don't intend to return them because there's no guarantee I'll get the B2G1 and 30% off again if I do. If they let me swap, great. If not, I'll just return the extra copy of Ghosts I grabbed and keep the copy of Lego Marvel I got online as part of the B2G1 offer from Target.com. (I cancelled the other two games I got because I got them in store with the two deals stacked.) I figure I'll still have walked away from Target and Amazon with five games for super cheap.

I'm going to go back with all three games but I don't intend to return them because there's no guarantee I'll get the B2G1 and 30% off again if I do. If they let me swap, great. If not, I'll just return the extra copy of Ghosts I grabbed and keep the copy of Lego Marvel I got online as part of the B2G1 offer from Target.com. (I cancelled the other two games I got because I got them in store with the two deals stacked.) I figure I'll still have walked away from Target and Amazon with five games for super cheap.
I'm a little bit worried as well of exchanging some of the 30 percent stacked B2G1 games, who's done it?

For what it is worth, I had a 30% coupon, but I got it over a month ago (when I bought a clearance PS3 game).  It expired 12/2 (not the 12/20 or what other folks are quoting theirs say)

I picked up COD, AC and Batman (all PS3) today on the 2 for deal, handed my coupon to the cashier and it rang up automatically, no problem. 

I have picked up a few pre-order cards and no luck on additional coupons....

I'm a little bit worried as well of exchanging some of the 30 percent stacked B2G1 games, who's done it?

I have, did it yesterday. It's a pain in the butt because the value of the games in the B2G1 deal only come up as $40. After about ten minutes of back and forth they finally returned one the games on a gift card and then price matched the other game to $40 so It would be even exchange.

I have, did it yesterday. It's a pain in the butt because the value of the games in the B2G1 deal only come up as $40. After about ten minutes of back and forth they finally returned one the games on a gift card and then price matched the other game to $40 so It would be even exchange.
I am really not looking forward to having to go back to Target tomorrow to exchange FIFA for Killzone. It seems like my Target is the only one holding on to these games until Friday! It's going to be even more of a clusterf*ck tomorrow due to the PS4 coming out.

I called a different Target that is a bit farther away and they told me Killzone was 'sold out' and that they were trying to get more for tomorrow. So they must have been selling it this week.

I am really not looking forward to having to go back to Target tomorrow to exchange FIFA for Killzone. It seems like my Target is the only one holding on to these games until Friday! It's going to be even more of a clusterf*ck tomorrow due to the PS4 coming out.

I called a different Target that is a bit farther away and they told me Killzone was 'sold out' and that they were trying to get more for tomorrow. So they must have been selling it this week.

Yea I picked up Killzone, Knack and Ghosts on Monday so its very random on what stores carry.

I used to hate shopping at Target but I've had wonderful experiences recently. I usually have to go after work so I get the night crew, so that's maybe why. Usually just younger people.

I used to hate shopping at Target but I've had wonderful experiences recently. I usually have to go after work so I get the night crew, so that's maybe why. Usually just younger people.
The people at Target either seem to be the nicest and super genuine or beyond crabby. Never seems to be much middle ground.

What'd they tell you that they can't do it at first or more of just figuring out how to calculate the receipt? Did you go straight to the guest services or electronics? Still very undecided on what to exchange for I have an extra Ghosts and Assassins Creed that I don't want. I have Killzone/2K/Ghosts and not much else is interesting me. I wish I could exchange for a Dualshock 4. Lol

What'd they tell you that they can't do it at first or more of just figuring out how to calculate the receipt? Did you go straight to the guest services or electronics? Still very undecided on what to exchange for I have an extra Ghosts and Assassins Creed that I don't want. I have Killzone/2K/Ghosts and not much else is interesting me. I wish I could exchange for a Dualshock 4. Lol
I went up to customer service, where I was told to go. It took awhile because I went through two different employees and then a manager and they all wanted me to pay and extra $20 to swap out a game until they figured out to just return it and pm the new game. I'm in same boat as your for game selection though, only game I really wanted aside from Killzone was Injustice: Ultimate Editon but they don't have that game in stock.

Is there a trading thread for these coupons?  I'm looking to trade one of my GS 25% off purchase coupons for one of these.

I have and it wasn't an issue when i wanted Need for Speed yesterday. But I can see it being YMMV and it depends who works behind the front desk. The two targets close to me are by UCF and those departments are run buy College Kids/Gamers. They are pretty cool about it. If fact when I was getting rung up, the guy saw my 30% coupon and he bragged about how much money it has saved people.

The people at Target either seem to be the nicest and super genuine or beyond crabby. Never seems to be much middle ground.
My experience this week with using the coupon several times, I have found that dealing with middle age white women have been the most difficult of the bunch. They either want to reject it. Not want to scan each card individually. Wont return my cards.

Yea target actually isn't going to carry injustice gods among us for the ps4 for those curious as i'm seeing a few posts on it. We received an update saying Target won't be carrying it.

Yea target actually isn't going to carry injustice gods among us for the ps4 for those curious as i'm seeing a few posts on it. We received an update saying Target won't be carrying it.
Yea I figured it wasn't even listed on their website. I wonder why though they aren't getting it though?

My experience this week with using the coupon several times, I have found that dealing with middle age white women have been the most difficult of the bunch. They either want to reject it. Not want to scan each card individually. Wont return my cards.
Haha yeah. Same when i tried to do the 30% coupon. The younger employees just seemed excited and eager to help me out/see the coupon.

Young woman didnt even bat an eye when i returned 4 pacman figures, yet older lady cops an attitude at another store with 2 preorder cards (Which i brought before i found my 3 games in another area)

Well to be honest, did anyone ever regularly shop at Target for videogames? This is legitimately my first time ever buying them there. Not sure which is the reason for the other, but when the sale was announced, they weren't even carrying Borderlands 2 GOTY yet.

Dammit, I'm too scared to go back to try and use the coupon on games. The one I went to said it wasn't allowed to stack anymore, but I have a feeling that if I took it to the front register instead of electronics, I'd be able to get it to work. But idk what my reasoning should be to bring it up to the front!

Dammit, I'm too scared to go back to try and use the coupon on games. The one I went to said it wasn't allowed to stack anymore, but I have a feeling that if I took it to the front register instead of electronics, I'd be able to get it to work. But idk what my reasoning should be to bring it up to the front!
you want to checkout at the front register's because of the coupon printers.

works everytime for me.

you want to checkout at the front register's because of the coupon printers.

works everytime for me.
But I want to go to the front to use a coupon, not receive one. I know the people at electronics are onto the B2G1 not stacking with the coupon, but I feel like the people up front care less.

So...for those of you (including me!) who still have a coupon or two to use after this week. What are your planned purchases? For me, Zelda A Link Between Worlds and maybe Gran Turismo 6.  I'm not sure what else. If Watch Dogs hadn't been delayed it would be a definite. And Bravely Default isn't out til February.  What are everyone else's game plans?

But I want to go to the front to use a coupon, not receive one. I know the people at electronics are onto the B2G1 not stacking with the coupon, but I feel like the people up front care less.
The point is, the printers at the front are a reason to give so you can checkout at the front registers. Then use your coupon.

Yeah, but you tell the electronics people you want to check out up front so you can receive coupons. They don't have to know you plan to use one.

At my Target, if you still have shopping to do they'll put the games in plastic cases (travel cases?) for you to take with you to the front.

So...for those of you (including me!) who still have a coupon or two to use after this week. What are your planned purchases? For me, Zelda A Link Between Worlds and maybe Gran Turismo 6. I'm not sure what else. If Watch Dogs hadn't been delayed it would be a definite. And Bravely Default isn't out til February. What are everyone else's game plans?
My parents have no idea what to get me for Christmas and may just cop out and get me a Wii U so I'm holding on to my two extras for that purpose.

Yeah, but you tell the electronics people you want to check out up front so you can receive coupons. They don't have to know you plan to use one.

At my Target, if you still have shopping to do they'll put the games in plastic cases (travel cases?) for you to take with you to the front.
Do you have to ask them to put them in the cases or just say you still have shopping to do?

just tell them you want to go checkout at the front. so simple, stop freakin out.
Lol sorry I'm not usually like this but this Target has been giving me so much shit this past week for this deal. I have been in and out getting coupons and buying games that I feel like they all notice me now. Oh well, about to go and see if I can do this deal one more time.

Yea I figured it wasn't even listed on their website. I wonder why though they aren't getting it though?
things like that are hard to say. We don't get a lot of popular titles. Yet sometimes we'll get their inserts but never actually receive any. (Tales of Xilia comes to mind for this, although the website carries this)

things like that are hard to say. We don't get a lot of popular titles. Yet sometimes we'll get their inserts but never actually receive any. (Tales of Xilia comes to mind for this, although the website carries this)
Weirdness...My store had Xillia...and not just an insert, because I bought it.

And all this talk about Injustice...I could swear my store *did* have the PS3 version. I know almost everyone here only cares about the PS4 version, but the PS3 version is not on the website either and I am 99% sure I saw it at one of the 2 Targets I went to. Now I suppose it could have only been an insert.

Lol sorry I'm not usually like this but this Target has been giving me so much shit this past week for this deal. I have been in and out getting coupons and buying games that I feel like they all notice me now. Oh well, about to go and see if I can do this deal one more time.
Honestly most of us don't care unless you're going out of your way to try and get us (the employee) in trouble. Working back in electronics myself unless you are doing the above or stealing, do what you want. I have no problem taking the games up to the front for ya. :)

That and like I said in an earlier post it's dumb that some stores are receiving notices to "no accept the coupon" and the b2G1. If Target didn't want that going on they shouldn't have started dispensing it. Corporate canceled it and started reprinting it for a reason. It's legit, its fine. Take advantage of it. Just don't try to get us in trouble and enjoy your awesome deal!

Weirdness...My store had Xillia...and not just an insert, because I bought it.

And all this talk about Injustice...I could swear my store *did* have the PS3 version. I know almost everyone here only cares about the PS4 version, but the PS3 version is not on the website either and I am 99% sure I saw it at one of the 2 Targets I went to. Now I suppose it could have only been an insert.
Oh we carry the PS3 version, just not the PS4. Our notice we received specifically stated we won't receive the PS4 version. On that note regarding Xilia I know a few stores had it at first, and I was expecting it when we got the insert for the collectors in, but no dice and now none in my district carry it.

@RandomHabit

Since you work at Target, I have two questions for you if you would be kind enough to answer them. First, have corporate or anyone store level said that the 30% coupons are done now or they are stopping them until after the B2G1? Last question, one of guys that checked me out in gaming said he heard that they might extend the B2G1 for another week for XBOX One but there is nothing in the ad so curious if you heard anything.

Any response is appreciated. 

@RandomHabit

Since you work at Target, I have two questions for you if you would be kind enough to answer them. First, have corporate or anyone store level said that the 30% coupons are done now or they are stopping them until after the B2G1? Last question, one of guys that checked me out in gaming said he heard that they might extend the B2G1 for another week for XBOX One but there is nothing in the ad so curious if you heard anything.

I doubt they'll extend it a week after corporate receives all the fake and falsely scanned B2G1 coupons and goes over their losses. I'm pretty sure they've lost a ton of money over this.

Is the coupon still printing out for when you buy games or was it completely removed? I read someone yesterday got it printed when they bought Ducktales Remastered and I was planning on buying that game as well. I already got the games I wanted the other day thanks to $1 pre-order going through but I could still use one more coupon that would come in handy for Mario 3D World and Zelda Link Between Worlds when they come out next week.

@RandomHabit

It's rare for us to hear anything about the coupons even the managers know little about them. I can confirm they are linked to purchases you and your family make. (Like randomly receiving a coupon for baby food for example when you buy a game) and sometimes like in this case just linked to the purchase itself and no history. We don't receive any information on what coupons will be dispensed. Only if there is an issue with one of them not working as it should. (Like last year and our B2G1 actually being a B1G1, i'm assuming there was a thread here about it) THat was a fun one to try and deal with for the few hours it was bugged.

So to answer your question, no we haven't received anything about whether or not the coupon is delayed or not. Our store hasn't seen a memo about being no longer allowed to accept them either. (which I should reiterate, doesn't mean other stores haven't)

What he said is just a rumor floating around and wishful thinking. In the time I've been there we've never done B2G1 two weeks in a row and I'm know we won't start it now. There's been no special update saying the ad has been changed so what you see is what you get.

I bought 3 $20 games at a front register yesterday (each on its own transaction), and I didn't get a coupon.

Just to clarify, you both 3 games separately so you could try and get coupon? you didnt take advantage of the b2g1 deal? Hmm..

Just to clarify, you both 3 games separately so you could try and get coupon? you didnt take advantage of the b2g1 deal? Hmm..
Yeah, the games are going back. I didn't want any of them in the first place, just wanted to see if real games might trigger the coupon.

Picked up Fifa 14, NBA 2K14, and Skylanders Swap Force for PS4. Coupon scanned perfectly. 30% off of $74.99 for Swapforce and Fifa with NBA free, $95 out the door with the Red Card and tax.

Most logical reason and works every single time is "I want to continue shopping for other things in the store." If they have any sort of problem with walking the games up to the front for you, tell them that they can either put those games in the plastic prisons for you and let you continue shopping and be rung up at whatever register you damn well please or walk the games up to the front register, or get the store manager on duty to tell you why exactly they would want to lose not only more potential sales from you but also your business entirely by inconveniencing you in this manner.

It's rare for us to hear anything about the coupons even the managers know little about them. I can confirm they are linked to purchases you and your family make. (Like randomly receiving a coupon for baby food for example when you buy a game) and sometimes like in this case just linked to the purchase itself and no history. We don't receive any information on what coupons will be dispensed. Only if there is an issue with one of them not working as it should. (Like last year and our B2G1 actually being a B1G1, i'm assuming there was a thread here about it) THat was a fun one to try and deal with for the few hours it was bugged.

So to answer your question, no we haven't received anything about whether or not the coupon is delayed or not. Our store hasn't seen a memo about being no longer allowed to accept them either. (which I should reiterate, doesn't mean other stores haven't)

What he said is just a rumor floating around and wishful thinking. In the time I've been there we've never done B2G1 two weeks in a row and I'm know we won't start it now. There's been no special update saying the ad has been changed so what you see is what you get.
Thanks for responding.

@RandomHabit

I was told by the returns CSR that I could get three games this week during B2G1 and exchange them next week. It seems logical but I was curious if you could chime in on your thoughts.

bread's done
Back