33% everything at wherehouse.com

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Thanx to Jim from dvdtalk

wherehouse.com has the code 33% off everything, new game, used game, preorder.. pretty good deal if you ask me.. too bad they don't seem to carrry Hardware otherwise.. i'd grab a DS :)

anyway the code is

ISC409OF

[quote name='ericx']I went to wherehouse music last night and my receipt has

Free Shipping!
At www.wherehouse.com!
Use Promotional Code:
SHIP12TP at checkout!

Expires 12/31/05[/QUOTE]

Did you find a way to enter two codes or something? Because shipping is definitely less of a discount than 33% off.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Did you find a way to enter two codes or something? Because shipping is definitely less of a discount than 33% off.[/QUOTE]
burn

TOPIC: I got my Arrested Development season 1 last week, in perfect condition. Thanks OP

Just curious, did anyone who ordered a new game recieved theirs "shrinkwrapped?" I ordered a new copy of Ultimate Spider-Man for GC but the game looks like it was previously opened. It doesn't have the standard plastic wrap with the folded corners; It's shrinkwrapped and the cover sleeve has creases underneath the plastic. I have a feeling they repackaged a used or returned copy and sent it to me. I'm going to return it but there is no return label on my packing slip so now I have to wait for customerservice to respond to my request for a new return label.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Did you find a way to enter two codes or something? Because shipping is definitely less of a discount than 33% off.[/QUOTE]not necessarily.
Sonic Youth ~ Dirty Used CD 4.99

Totals:

Purchase Total: $4.99
Shipping & Handling: -- Select Method -- Standard $0.00
Sales Tax (TX 6.75%): $0.34
Wherehouse.com Promotion (SHIP12TP)
(Free Shipping!)
Order Total: $5.33
VS
Sonic Youth ~ Dirty Used CD 4.99

Totals:

Purchase Total: $4.99
Shipping & Handling:
$2.95
Sales Tax (TX 6.75%): $0.42
Wherehouse.com Promotion (Isc409of)
(33% off your online order of any used music, movies & games!) ($1.66)
Order Total: $6.70
since their stock seems to fluctuate frequently and it lasts until the end of the year, it could come in handy.

[quote name='aphasias']sounds like theyre just sending it to you. both times ive contacted them about a return (once a few months ago for a scratched up copy of super puzzle fighter II for psx, and then again just two days ago since i received a used copy of björks vessel dvd when i ordered a new copy), they emailed me back with a link to a pdf file for me to print and use as a postage paid return label and told me they would replace it if they had what i ordered in stock or would refund the price of the item if they didnt have it or if i no longer wanted it.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I had a totally different outcome.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I emailed them asking for a prepaid return label so I can send back my shitty used copy of the girl next door, and they email me back saying they're going to send me another copy. They said nothing of sending me a return label, but they send me a confirmation email saying:

The following item will be shipped to you at no charge:

Girl Next Door [Unrated]
Used DVD

Are they just giving me a free dvd, or are they sending the return label? Kinda weird.. but if it's free, I won't complain. :D[/QUOTE]
To add to my last post, I just got my other copy of girl next door in the mail yesterday. I was NOT charged one cent. Now I have two copies of the movie, the one in bad condition and the one I just got. What great customer service!

Hmmm...Wherehouse.com is under construction it seems, hopefully they will plan to re-open it soon because this code still works until the 13th. Hopefully just a daily thing or something.

[quote name='.JPG']Hmmm...Wherehouse.com is under construction it seems, hopefully they will plan to re-open it soon because this code still works until the 13th. Hopefully just a daily thing or something.[/QUOTE]

They went under construction late last night...Maybe at like 10:30 ET. I was surpirsed to see they were still down this morning.

I have a couple more things I want to purchase :(

I got Shaolin Monks new for $33.33 so at some point the deal worked on everything. I also got Barbie and Magic of the Pegasus (for my 3 yr old) new and got the discount. The used stuff I ordered was basically mint and even had old expired coupons and inserts. This is one of the best deals I have ever seen. Used DVDs are almost half price any way and then knock another 1/3 off and wow!

Well finally got my Spun.com order that I placed on 9/24. Totally empty. Huge "Arrived Unsealed" and "Arrived without Contents" stamps all over it. Cardboard was crushed and a 5 year old could have done a better tape job. I emailed them and am waiting on a response.

Jerks at Wherehouse canceled my X-Men Legends 2 order yesterday and said they wouldn't let me pick another new game for 33% off, so I decided to spent my remaining credit on the following:

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Used Game $9.33 In Progress
Resident Evil -- CODE: Veronica
Used Game $1.33 In Progress
Crazy Taxi
Used Game $0.66 In Progress
Spawn: In the Demon's Hand
Used Game $3.33 In Progress
All ~ Mass Nerder
Used CD $3.99 In Progress
Ten Foot Pole ~ Unleashed
Used CD $2.66 In Progress
Ten Foot Pole ~ Subliminable Messages
Used CD $3.99 In Progress

Luckly TRU saves me from being too angry with Wherehouse, but still, I would have appericated them letting me pick something else for the same price of Legends 2. =\

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I've still gotta put an order in. A few of the DVDs I want are OOS, so I'm waiting to see if they come back in stock sometime.[/QUOTE]

same here

on a separate note...ive had a lot of really good experience with their used stuff...my only gripes have to do with the dvd movies with the cardboard cases and tv set dvds....the stickers come off easy if they're newer stickers (they're usually pink)...but if the dvd is older and a little less in demand, it'll have an older sticker on it (usually purple) that is hard to get off (guess because it was either on there for so long or because they were using shitty stickers b4)...only a few dvds were scratched up pretty bad, luckily they were crap titles to begin with and nothing that i paid too much for (romper stomper is one)

I got my items last week from my first batch of orders.

They were all used items but were in perfect condition in everyway. So I had another batch of orders sent in.

Tenchi: The Movie [Widescreen]
Used DVD $5.33 Shipped
Tenchi Muyo! DVD Ultimate Collection [3 Discs]
Used DVD $48.66 Shipped
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust [Widescreen]
Used DVD $9.99 Shipped
Macross Plus, Vol. 2
Used DVD $4.66 Shipped
Macross Plus, Vol. 1
Used DVD $4.66 Shipped
Ninja Scroll
Used DVD $6.66 Shipped
Outlaw Star DVD Collection 1 [2 Discs]
Used DVD $17.33 Shipped
Kite
Used DVD $7.33 Shipped

I must say, I'm very impressed with the quality of their used items and I'm going to miss this 33% sale when it's gone.

hmmm...about this WB rebate thing...in order to use a couple of the qualifying dvds that i purchased through Wherehouse.com, I'd have to print out the order from their site....the thing that i'm wondering is this, will they accept it if some of the qualifying dvd sets that i bought were used?

I was wondering the same thing - The rebate form says to circle the qualifying prices....and the packing slip doesnt have prices (nor does it mention used)

[quote name='xfilekr']I was wondering the same thing - The rebate form says to circle the qualifying prices....and the packing slip doesnt have prices (nor does it mention used)[/QUOTE]

yeah, i noticed that as well...i was going to include the packing slip and was glad that it didn't say "used" next to the used dvds, but then i saw the prices weren't listed on the packing slips....so when you go into your order online, it says used...i wonder if you can white it out online somehow....i'm sure their is a way, but i wonder how hard of a process it is

if all else fails, i'll just send it in with it saying "used"...afterall, it doesn't say the sets can't be bought used, but you never know

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']yeah, i noticed that as well...i was going to include the packing slip and was glad that it didn't say "used" next to the used dvds, but then i saw the prices weren't listed on the packing slips....so when you go into your order online, it says used...i wonder if you can white it out online somehow....i'm sure their is a way, but i wonder how hard of a process it is

if all else fails, i'll just send it in with it saying "used"...afterall, it doesn't say the sets can't be bought used, but you never know[/QUOTE]

If you really want to, just save the page to your hard drive, open it in Notepad, and edit out the "used" comments in the HTML. Open in your favorite browser and voila, no more used.

[quote name='siamesellama']If you really want to, just save the page to your hard drive, open it in Notepad, and edit out the "used" comments in the HTML. Open in your favorite browser and voila, no more used.[/QUOTE]

No fraud here:roll:

From the rebate form :
"Only new Factory sealed DVDs (not previously viewed DVDs) qualify"

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']hmmm...about this WB rebate thing...in order to use a couple of the qualifying dvds that i purchased through Wherehouse.com, I'd have to print out the order from their site....the thing that i'm wondering is this, will they accept it if some of the qualifying dvd sets that i bought were used?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding me about the WB rebate, it made me remember about Smallville season 3. I bought season 1 and 2 from target for $36 after tax and I just picked up season 3 for $23 used on wherehouse. Total for three seasons was less than $60.

I ordered Metal Slug Advance, and two DVD pre-orders that won't be in stock until November. I chose the "ship when all items are in stock" option since it was cheaper, but they shipped Metal Slug early anyways. That was nice of them.

i ordered about $40 shipped worth of games, then my sister ordered like $150 of CDs and a couple DVDs. she even bought me Event Horizon, Equilibrium, and Ghost in the Shell (PS2). in the last order she made it arrived with a free shipping code. i'll have to check later today if it's combinable with 33% off.

Got in my 5 DVD's and 3 CD's.

Everything was in mint condition hell the CD's look BRAND NEW not a scratch, fingerprint, or even use of the booklet.

Will buy from again.

Got my 2nd package today. All the cds are new, but the game I ordered new didn't have the sony seal on top and was re-shrinkwrapped and looked like it had been touched inside.... but was in otherwise great shape...

*sigh* I swore to myself I was done, but some good stuff just came back in stock... and since I was so blown away by the quality and service of my first two orders, I couldn't resist.

Round THREE:

P.O.D.: Still Payin Dues
Used DVD $4.66 In Progress
Bad Boys/Bad Boys II [Special Edition] [3 Discs]
Used DVD $15.33 In Progress
Viewtiful Joe
Used Game $5.99 In Progress
Memento [Limited Edition] [2 Discs] [Widescreen]
Used DVD $9.33 In Progress
Spaceballs [Collector's Edition]
Used DVD $9.99 In Progress
Depeche Mode ~ Singles Box, Vol. 3
Used CD $19.33 In Progress
Family Guy, Vol. 2: Season 3 [3 Discs]
Used DVD $20.66 In Progress
Fear Factory: Digital Connectivity
Used DVD $5.99 In Progress

Purchase Total:
promotion: "33% off your online order of any used music, movies & games!"
(already applied to each bought item) $91.28
Shipping & Handling: Standard $4.95
Sales Tax (NY 8.63%): $8.30

Order Total: $104.53

btw, I just noticed that I was only charged $4.95 for shipping. Any idea why? According to the checkout screen, I was gonna be paying $9.95. Anyway, I was surprised to see Family Guy 2 back in stock used... it's still available for anyone interested. Looks like I got the last Memento Delux though.

EDIT: ok, this is just weird with the shipping. My confirmation email says I got charged the full $9.95, but my grand total is LOWER.

Total Bought: $91.28
Shipping and Handling: $9.95
Sales Tax (NY 8.63%): $8.74
Total: $101.23

Does this make sense to anyone??

so they didn't have tax in the confirmation? weird.

anyway, GREAT score on Memento, that's one of my all time favorite movies, although not that great the second time around. more than balances out POD, who i can't stand.

[quote name='kaw']I ordered Metal Slug Advance, and two DVD pre-orders that won't be in stock until November. I chose the "ship when all items are in stock" option since it was cheaper, but they shipped Metal Slug early anyways. That was nice of them.[/QUOTE]

They did the same thing for me with a PSP game that was in stock and a pre-order DVD.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They did the same thing for me with a PSP game that was in stock and a pre-order DVD.[/QUOTE]

guess i couldv'e saved $2 by doing that, with my Alias S4 pre-order - oh well

Has anybody had a preorder ship yet? I put in an order for Arrested Development S2 and Veronica Mars S1, and it shipped Friday. I'm worried that they'll have sent it FedEx (as everything but 1 backordered DVD has been, in the past)--my FedEx guy has started claiming I've signed a waiver, and leaving everything shipped FedEx at my door (instead of at the rental office, as he used to.) I live in an apartment complex, and the last thing he left had actually been partially opened--I'm guessing by a neighbor trying to see if it's worth stealing. If it's USPS or UPS, that's fine, since it'll just go to the rental office. But if it's FedEx, I'm going to have to try calling them and seeing if I can get some kind of reverse to the supposed waiver.

Just picked up Roswell Season 2, Charmed Season 1, Punk'd Season 2, Shadow of Rome, and Burnout 3. Total came to $82 after tax and s/h. I am so broke now.

[quote name='BustaUppa']

Does this make sense to anyone??[/QUOTE]

The e-mail applies the discount differently than how it really was. Just disregard it and go by the checkout screen, as that will be the real charge on your card.

I ordered The Godfather Collection and Gone with the Wind for about $50 after discount on Thursday night, and I got my stuff this afternoon. Great condition, all of the discs.

Wes Craven's The People Under the Stairs Used DVD 5.99
Nightmare on Elm Street [Widescreen] Used DVD 3.99
Fright Night [Widescreen] Used DVD 6.99
Friday the 13th [Widescreen] Used DVD 5.99
Texas Chainsaw Massacre [1974] [Special Edition] [Widescreen] Used DVD 4.99
Secret of NIMH Used DVD 5.99
Thing [Widescreen] Used DVD 9.99
Unforgiven [Widescreen] Used DVD 7.99
Waterworld [Widescreen] Used DVD 4.99

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

bread's done
Back