33% everything at wherehouse.com

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Thanx to Jim from dvdtalk

wherehouse.com has the code 33% off everything, new game, used game, preorder.. pretty good deal if you ask me.. too bad they don't seem to carrry Hardware otherwise.. i'd grab a DS :)

anyway the code is

ISC409OF

Argh, the thing I wanna order is OOS at Wherehouse, but in stock at Spun. Only problem is, when I type in the code at Spun (Even after entering my CC information and all that) it doesn't list any discount. If I type in gibberish in the code box it says invalid code, but when I use this code, it doesn't say ANYTHING.

Just wondering if that's the case for anyone else.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Argh, the thing I wanna order is OOS at Wherehouse, but in stock at Spun. Only problem is, when I type in the code at Spun (Even after entering my CC information and all that) it doesn't list any discount. If I type in gibberish in the code box it says invalid code, but when I use this code, it doesn't say ANYTHING.

Just wondering if that's the case for anyone else.[/QUOTE]

DVDTalk has a few posts from people saying the same, in addition to people who did order from Spun saying their orders are now showing cancelled. Best guess, the code was never supposed to work at Spun, and the Wherehouse staff only just caught on.

I have a seperate question--I made three different orders (stuff that should ship now, one that should ship in October, and one that should ship in November), and wound up putting orders 1 and 3 on one credit card, and order 2 on another. The authorizations all went through just fine, so I wasn't too concerned. But now I have e-mails concerning orders 1 and 2, asking me to provide 'additional information' because there's been an issue processing the payment.

So, my question: Has anyone tried spreading orders over multiple cards? Did they receive the same email? Wherehouse's site appears to store CC info, but only one card at a time, so I'm wondering if it's all going to wind up processing on the same card, or something.

All of my Spun order was cancelled, except they shipped me Appleseed for $9.32 + $2.98 shipping. :cry:

They should cancel the whole order, not just part of it!

Wherehouse order:

Jet Grind Radio
Used Game $1.33 Cancelled

Refreshments ~ Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy
Used CD $4.66 In Progress

Blade Runner [Director's Cut]
Used DVD $3.33 Cancelled

X-Files: The Complete First Season [7 Discs]
Used DVD $38.66 In Progress

X-Files: The Complete Second Season [7 Discs]
Used DVD $38.66 In Progress

Sliders: Seasons 1 and 2 [6 Discs]
Used DVD $23.99 Cancelled

Thundercats: Season One, Volume 1 [6 Discs]
Used DVD $25.99 Cancelled

[quote name='Theenternal']Transformers: Season 1, Vol. 1
Used DVD $6.66 In Progress
Transformers: Season 1, Vol. 2
Transformers: Season 1, Vol. 3

im surprised no one else is all over these[/QUOTE]
Sadly(?) Season 1 is the one I currently own the box set of, and the 2-part editions of Season 2 and 3/4 have been sold out since the beginning.

holy crap getting the complete trigun box set for 85 dollars shipped is the greatest deal ever. i never wanted to spend 100+ dollars on this. now all i need is love hina. maybe they will notify me before the coupon expires.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Looks like they've cancelled all orders through Spun.com :([/QUOTE]

Mine have yet to be cancelled.

if they cancel some of my orders, someone is going to die. I want it all or nothing. I can get a better deal/same deal with DDD, one of the enticing things about wherehouse is there used price.

*EDIT*

Mother fuck. They cancelled season 3's shipment.

The only thing they cancelled from me is Family Guy Vol 2: Season 3, those mother fuckers, and they still have yet to ship anything.

I'm getting a bit sick of waiting... either let me know my shit is going to ship, or cancel it all.

[quote name='Roufuss']The only thing they cancelled from me is Family Guy Vol 2: Season 3, those mother fuckers, and they still have yet to ship anything.

I'm getting a bit sick of waiting... either let me know my shit is going to ship, or cancel it all.[/QUOTE]
My Super Troopers/Dodgeball pack shipped at midnight (uh huh...) but I'm still waiting on Office Season 1. This was from wherehouse.com.

[quote name='botticus']My Super Troopers/Dodgeball pack shipped at midnight (uh huh...) but I'm still waiting on Office Season 1. This was from wherehouse.com.[/QUOTE]

I'm just a bit pissed at this seemingly random cancellation that occured... there seemed to be plenty left when I ordered it days ago, and this is one of the one things I wanted.

Hell, I wish they'd give you the option of adding something else on to it using the code, I'd probably add in a new copy of Family Guy Season 3 to replace the used one they cancel, but I won't make a whole new order for it.

The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off... why couldn't they cancel something else =/

Well, the coupon still works, so I don't know what the deal is... if they would hurry up and ship my orders, I'd probably make one last order from them, and get Family Guy Season 3 and Office Season 1.

The new items from my spun.com ordered have shipped, whereas all the used items were cancelled. And the cancelled used items I ordered are still showing instock on spun.com.

Part of my order shipped (from Wherehouse):
Flight of the Phoenix [Widescreen]
Used DVD $9.33 Shipped
Ridge Racer
New Game $26.66 Shipped

The other item was a pre-order that comes out tomorrow which I hope will ship as well. What's nice was that I told them to ship the order as it all is available but they shipped them seperate (which I hope they don't charge for 2 shipments)

i'm so fucking pissed...so much shit of mine was cancelled from spun without receiving my credit back to my card yet...noone will ever know how angry i am right now

so was it only supposed to be used at wherehouse.com? i don't get it...they could have at least e-mailed us...also, some stuff (used and new) did ship from spun, so what the fuck

None of my shit has shipped yet, and I placed an order late Friday, I'm about ready to email / call them... they found time to cancel some my stuff, yet not ship the rest out?

And like TSD said, not getting emails or anything about it kind of sucks. I want to order 1 or 2 more things, but I want to make sure they honor this damn coupon first.

[quote name='Roufuss']None of my shit has shipped yet, and I placed an order late Friday, I'm about ready to email / call them... they found time to cancel some my stuff, yet not ship the rest out?

And like TSD said, not getting emails or anything about it kind of sucks. I want to order 1 or 2 more things, but I want to make sure they honor this damn coupon first.[/QUOTE]

i can't find a # to call....has anyone's wherehouse.com's orders been cancelled? if not, i'll order some shit from there (maybe)

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i can't find a # to call....has anyone's wherehouse.com's orders been cancelled? if not, i'll order some shit from there (maybe)[/QUOTE]

I ordered 5 things, and they cancelled one on me, and the other 4 still say In Progress.

Which makes no sense, because when I placed an order, they seemed to have plenty in stock of Family Guy Season 3, which they then cancelled today.

I would have been more than happy to put in a new copy with the 33% coupon in my order, but they never sent me an email or gave me the option.

Wow, they must have gotten flooded with orders. My order two days prior to the sale shipped same day and got here two days later.
And they never emailed me letting me know that it had been shipped, so don't expect that courtesy.
mine was wherehouse.com not spun.com

My order from Spun.com just shipped.

We wanted to let you know that the following has been shipped from our Chicago warehouse and is on its way. Thanks again for your order, and please come visit us again soon at http://www.spun.com/.

Just checked my wherehouse.com order and it also has been shipped.

Ordered four things. Had ROSWELL: SEASON 3 cancelled. That was the MAIN reason I ordered things. They kept the SAME shipping price for my order though. Oh I am so mad. I emailed them because I cant find a number anywhere. I either want my roswell season 3 or I want the order cancelled. They better not ship it either. This is so pathetic!

It's not my fault that they allowed me to buy this "instock" dvd. Now, they want to cancel? WTF? All they have to do is backorder the thing. Not too difficult, but I guess for FYE it is.

now i find out that my credit card company put a hold on my account because i placed multiple orders from spun.com...so i'm wondering if that was why a lot of my shit was cancelled...there just isn't any quick way to contact spun to find out...so now i'm wondering if i should just try to order from wherehouse what was cancelled from spun

[quote name='Roufuss']I ordered 5 things, and they cancelled one on me, and the other 4 still say In Progress.

Which makes no sense, because when I placed an order, they seemed to have plenty in stock of Family Guy Season 3, which they then cancelled today.

I would have been more than happy to put in a new copy with the 33% coupon in my order, but they never sent me an email or gave me the option.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I emailed customer support about it.

My order from Wherehouse.com is still In Progress.

Interestingly, I picked the "ship when it becomes available" option (since I did a lot of pre-orders. It says " You opted to have Spun send items as they become available" So maybe the Spun.com orders get filled first and then Wherehouse.com? I certainly hope not.

[quote name='Ecofreak']My order from Wherehouse.com is still In Progress.

Interestingly, I picked the "ship when it becomes available" option (since I did a lot of pre-orders. It says " You opted to have Spun send items as they become available" So maybe the Spun.com orders get filled first and then Wherehouse.com? I certainly hope not.[/QUOTE]

dafoomie said earlier that pre-orders will ship when they arrive no matter what...they won't count as the "ship together" shipping

i'm still waiting to find out if we can still order at wherehouse.com without it being cancelled

Gr....they cancelled my Daily Show: Indecision 2004 [3 Discs] so far. Better not cancel more.

Edit: Well, there's one on spun but I don't think I'll get it. It saves me money I guess.

Roswell: The Complete Third Season [5 Discs]
Used DVD $23.99 Shipped
Highlander: Season 5 [9 Discs]
Used DVD $28.66 Shipped
Highlander: Season 3 [9 Discs]
Used DVD $27.33 Shipped
Highlander: Season 4 [9 Discs]
Used DVD $27.33 Shipped
Teenage Catgirls in Heat
Used DVD $3.33 Shipped

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Roswell: The Complete Third Season [5 Discs]
Used DVD $23.99 Shipped
Highlander: Season 5 [9 Discs]
Used DVD $28.66 Shipped
Highlander: Season 3 [9 Discs]
Used DVD $27.33 Shipped
Highlander: Season 4 [9 Discs]
Used DVD $27.33 Shipped
Teenage Catgirls in Heat
Used DVD $3.33 Shipped[/QUOTE]
Yours shipped and my roswell: season 3 was cancelled. MAN!!!

Crap, I never finished my Spun order (I typed in the CC information and had it at the screen with the choose your shipping and enter codes and then complete) and now my debit card's being charged even though I never finished the order and my account there isn't showing any orders.

I'm gonna wait a little bit and see if it goes away on it's own like things listed as "Pending" on my account fairly often do, but it's not good that it even does that much.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Vol. 1 [2 Discs]
Used DVD $9.99 Cancelled
Appleseed [Limited Collector's Edition] [2 Discs]
Used DVD $9.99 Shipped
Futurama, Vol. 4 [4 Discs]
Used DVD $15.33 Shipped
Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Vol. 2 [2 Discs]
Used DVD $9.99 Shipped
Neutral Milk Hotel ~ In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
New CD $7.99 Shipped
The Pixies ~ Doolittle
Used CD $3.99 Shipped
Joy Division ~ Closer
Used CD $4.66 Shipped

gah, ATHF Vol 1 was the reason I initiated the order so now I'm stuck with vol 2 but no vol 1. It wouldn't even bother me as much if they gave you an option to modify your order or even if they let me make a new order and take $2 off shipping to compensate for the $1 shipping for every extra item, which was another reason I placed my order. If they did that I'd bite the bullet and order a new copy to substitute the cancelled one. Oh well, I sent an email to their customer service to that effect and I guess it could've been worse.

I ended up placing two small orders and one big one, all with Wherehouse.com - my two small have shipped, and the big order, which was placed in-between the other two time-wise, has had one cancelled (Transformers S2 Pt. 2, boo) and the rest (mainly TV box sets) are "In Progress."

Wow, got Traffic (Critierion) and Bottle Rocket for $26. i hope this all goes through.

I've been thinking and this sale doesn't seem to be all that great. i mean, for a few extra dollars at DDD you can get it new with the 20% off sale. but i guess this is good in the meantime.

Well I made a big order early Saturday morning and its still in progress. I just received an email from wherehouse.com saying they were having trouble verifying my credit card account. It better not cause my items to be cancelled, since I gave them all the information they asked for initially and it took them 2 days to get ahold of me.

Order 1
ECW: Path of Destruction
Used DVD $3.33 Shipped
ECW: Deep Impact
Used DVD $3.33 Shipped

Order 2
FMW: King of the Death Match
Used DVD $4.66 Shipped
FMW: Total Carnage
Used DVD $3.33 Shipped
FMW: Legend Dawns
Used DVD $4.66 Shipped
FMW: Ring of Torture [Uncensored Version]
Used DVD $4.66 Shipped
FMW: Flying Assassin
Used DVD $4.66 Shipped
FMW: The Enforcer
Used DVD $4.66 Shipped
FMW: Rule the Asylum
Used DVD $4.66 Shipped

Everything shipped for me, even though I sent them two emails asking if I could cancel two of the FMW DVDs.

Does wherehouse.com charge for tax on USED movies? In both of my orders above, I did not get charged for tax in either one.

I ordered 7 cds from Spun on Sat. The 5 new cds shipped today and the 2 used were canceled. I guess I should be happy I got anything at all the way it seems to be going.

[quote name='RawisJericho']

Does wherehouse.com charge for tax on USED movies? In both of my orders above, I did not get charged for tax in either one.[/QUOTE]

Did you pay with trade in credit or pay with money? They don't charge tax if you pay for your order entirely with credit (except for tax on shipping)

[quote name='RawisJericho']
Does wherehouse.com charge for tax on USED movies? In both of my orders above, I did not get charged for tax in either one.[/QUOTE]

That's what. He asked.

[quote name='botticus']Does wherehouse.com give you any shipment tracking of any sort?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I always get mine pretty quick though.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Did you pay with trade in credit or pay with money? They don't charge tax if you pay for your order entirely with credit (except for tax on shipping)[/QUOTE]

I paid it all with credit card.

[quote name='menewbe']my spun.com order was cancelled too. and now the code doesnt work there. looks like no new dvds for me.[/QUOTE]

So was mine...

WRESTLEMANIA: COMPLETE ANTHOLOGY / (GIFT)
Pre-order DVD $117.33 Cancelled

bread's done
Back