33% everything at wherehouse.com

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Thanx to Jim from dvdtalk

wherehouse.com has the code 33% off everything, new game, used game, preorder.. pretty good deal if you ask me.. too bad they don't seem to carrry Hardware otherwise.. i'd grab a DS :)

anyway the code is

ISC409OF

Two gripes...

First, my temp charges for wherehouse.com and spun.com are no longer on my card for some reason.

Second, spun.com charged me 10% sales tax when in IL the sales tax is 7.75%.

Personally, I'm thinking of picking up:
Spider-Man (Score) $4
Death Cab for Cutie-Plans $9
Snow Patrol- Final Straw- $3.33
Futurama Vol. 1 $15.41
Burnout: Revenge $33.33
Total: $65.07 I'll have to see, though, don't know if I have that much money. I might cut out Burnout and get Spider-Man 2 instead.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Two gripes...

First, my temp charges for wherehouse.com and spun.com are no longer on my card for some reason.

Second, spun.com charged me 10% sales tax when in IL the sales tax is 7.75%.[/QUOTE]
You're being charged sales tax on the non discounted price, plus shipping, which is the law.

[quote name='myjester2112']I ordered my stuff early this morning, 6am or so. Its still "In Progress". Is this just because its the weekend or should I worry. I've checked the games,DVDs,etc. I ordered and a lot of them are out of stock now(used), so I'd like to know that my stuff will be sent to me.[/QUOTE]

in my experience, wherehouse.com doesnt ship over the weekends. the "in progress" message probably wont change between now and monday morning...

[quote name='dafoomie']You're being charged sales tax on the non discounted price, plus shipping, which is the law.[/QUOTE]

I know they have to charge me sales tax.. But they charged me 10% sales tax. In Illinois (where I live) the sales tax is 7.65%. Why would they charge me extra for sales tax?

Anywhere else I order at online, I get charged 7.65% tax.

Sales tax? o_O Where is wherehouse.com located? If I am not mistaken, they can only charge sales tax if they are in the same state. If they charge 10% sales tax, I am not going to bother ordering.

Items Bought:

Scrubs: The Complete Second Season [3 Discs]
Pre-order DVD - Est. Release Date 11/15/2005 - Price: $21.33

Reno 911: The Complete Second Season - Uncensored
New DVD - Price: $21.32

Transformers: Beast Wars - The Complete Second Season [2 Discs]
Used DVD - Price: $9.33

Total Bought: $51.98
Credit Applied: ($0.00)
Shipping and Handling: $6.90
Sales Tax (IA 6.00%): $3.12
Total: $62.00

I decided not to get AD season 2, just because I want to get it on October 11. I can wait a few days for Scrubs.

Items Bought:

Sufjan Stevens ~ Illinois
New CD - Price: $8.52

The Dandy Warhols ~ Welcome to the Monkey House
Used CD - Price: $5.99

Burnout: Revenge
New Game - Price: $33.33

The Dandy Warhols ~ Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia
New CD - Price: $9.05

Youth Group ~ Skeleton Jar
New CD - Price: $7.45

Nada Surf ~ Weight Is a Gift [Bonus CD]

Family Guy, Vol. 1: Seasons 1 & 2 [4 Discs]
Used DVD - Price: $19.33

Better Than Ezra ~ Before the Robots
Used CD - Price: $5.99

Finding Neverland [Widescreen]
New DVD - Price: $15.99

Queen ~ Greatest Hits, Vols. 1 & 2
New CD - Price: $15.99

Total Bought: $130.16
Shipping and Handling: $11.95
Sales Tax (CA 7.75%): $10.09
Total: $152.20

(Neverland is for my dad. Queen's for my sister.)

So. much. money. gone! Great deals though. :)

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']Sales tax? o_O Where is wherehouse.com located? If I am not mistaken, they can only charge sales tax if they are in the same state. If they charge 10% sales tax, I am not going to bother ordering.[/QUOTE]

wherehouse.com didnt' charge me sales tax, spun.com did. I sent them an email asking why they charged me 10% when it should have been 7.75%

Actually they are charging 9% tax for me... Only thing I can think of is that they are charging me for for their specific city/county sales tax.

Anyone from Illinois, how much is tax in your area? 7.75% here.

[quote name='RawisJericho']wherehouse.com didnt' charge me sales tax, spun.com did. I sent them an email asking why they charged me 10% when it should have been 7.75%[/QUOTE]

So, no sales tax at wherehouse? Was your order processed and you card charged? At the screen before checkout, I saw no sales tax listed, but decided to wait on ordering.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Actually they are charging 9% tax for me... Only thing I can think of is that they are charging me for for their specific city/county sales tax.

Anyone from Illinois, how much is tax in your area? 7.75% here.[/QUOTE]

The tax here is between 6.50 and 7.75%. When I go to Target I am charged 6.50%. Walmart charges what may be a federal tax of 1.25% on top of the 6.50%, making it 7.75%.

Some unresistable prices on some great dvds and cds. Should have plenty of anime to hold me over until the next DDD sale. Guess I'll work a day or two of overtime to cover the damage. I wish I would have looked at spun before I ordered, the Inu Yasha dvds were a little cheaper.

Inu Yasha: The Movie - Affections Touching Across Time
Inu Yasha: The Movie 2 - The Castle Behind the Looking Glass
Inu Yasha, Vol. 20: Curse of the Dark Priestess
New DVD - Price: $13.32
Inu Yasha, Vol. 21: Double Trouble
Inu Yasha, Vol. 22: The True Face of Evil
Inu Yasha, Vol. 23: Wicked Clutches
Inu Yasha, Vol. 24
Inu Yasha, Vol. 25: Crimson Blade
Inu Yasha, Vol. 26: Curse of Generations
Inu Yasha, Vol. 27: Brothers in Arms
Filthy Thievin' Bastards ~ Melody of Retreads and Broken Quills
Used CD - Price: $3.99
The Groovie Ghoulies ~ Monster Club
Used CD - Price: $4.66
The Groovie Ghoulies ~ Go! Stories [Bonus Tracks]
Bad Religion ~ Empire Strikes First
MACGOWAN/SHANE ~ SNAKE
Lars Frederiksen & The Bastards ~ Lars Frederiksen & The Bastards
Used CD - Price: $3.99
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Vol. 01
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Vol. 02
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Vol. 04
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Vol. 05
Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Vol. 1
Used DVD - Price: $9.99

Total Bought: $199.15
Shipping and Handling: $22.95
Sales Tax (MO 6.60%): $14.66
Total: $236.76

Items Bought Price: Status:
24: Season 3 [6 Discs]
Used DVD $21.99 Cancelled
Alias: The Complete Third Season [6 Discs]
Used DVD $23.99 In Progress

Uh oh. They canclled my order for 24 season 3 used for some reason. Should I contact them regarding the matter, or should I just wait.

[quote name='Kingjay89']Items Bought Price: Status:
24: Season 3 [6 Discs]
Used DVD $21.99 Cancelled
Alias: The Complete Third Season [6 Discs]
Used DVD $23.99 In Progress

Uh oh. They canclled my order for 24 season 3 used for some reason. Should I contact them regarding the matter, or should I just wait.[/QUOTE]

Some times they over sell stuff so i would just say that they didnt have it in stock

[quote name='RawisJericho']Actually they are charging 9% tax for me... Only thing I can think of is that they are charging me for for their specific city/county sales tax.

Anyone from Illinois, how much is tax in your area? 7.75% here.[/QUOTE]

I got hit for 9% as well. Tax in B&M's is, depending where I shop, 6.75-7.5. 9% is super high.

Still, with great-condition used prices, this beats DDD for most IL residents if you find what you want.

[quote name='ig88vsbobafett']Some times they over sell stuff so i would just say that they didnt have it in stock[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they do that all the time, I wouldn't worry about it. They just ran out of stock.

crap, I just checked and they cancelled my ATHF Volume 1, which was my primary reason for ordering so I'm stuck with volume 2 but not volume 1. is it possible to modify your order? if it was up to me I'd probably have just substituted the OOS used version with the new version for $5 more so I could take advantage of the shipping discount. :sad: Oh well, hopefully the rest of the stuff goes through.

During that great N64 sale last year I must have had at least 10-20 games cancelled from Wherehouse. It sux because the more you order the better shipping value for quantity you get.

i spent way too much...my bank account is done and i'm not going to be spending much for a while...luckily, a lot of what i spent was on pre-orders, so i saved myself a lot of money on games/tv box sets that i was planning on buying at release for full price

If they Wherehouse code goes on for a little bit longer, I may pick up a DVD set because they are a good price with the credit. But for all of you guys complaining about sales tax, I thought I had it bad at 5.6% pretty much everywhere around here, guess not....but 5.6 or any higher, sales tax sucks no matter what.

[quote name='dafoomie']Yeah, they do that all the time, I wouldn't worry about it. They just ran out of stock.[/QUOTE]
So they will they wait till the item is in stock or just send the rest of the shippment

[quote name='doubledown']I don't see the 360 version??!?! (I wish they had some 360 games though)

Seems to be some good deals on the PSP games....Virtua Tennis and Infected are on there, plus a few more pre-orders

I'm tempted....lots of good deals. Batman Anthology on DVD for $40....must resist, wallet on break for a while.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was referring to someone who said that Ghost Recon Advanced Wrafighter was availible for pre-order.

See, I love wherehouse.com, it just sucks that I just bought stuff, so if I went to ask my parents to use their credit card, they'd get all WTF MAN YOU SPEND SO MUCH $$$, even though I don't.

Items Bought:

Behemoth ~ Zos Kia Cultus

Total Bought: $8.52
Shipping and Handling: $2.95
Sales Tax (MI 6.00%): $0.69
Total: $12.16

Items Bought:

Zoolander [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $3.99

24: Season 2 [7 Discs]
Used DVD - Price: $27.33

Six Feet Under: The Complete First Season [4 Discs]
Used DVD - Price: $29.33

Six Feet Under: The Complete Second Season [5 Discs]
Used DVD - Price: $29.33

Me, Myself & Irene [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $4.66

Total Bought: $94.64
Shipping and Handling: $6.95
Sales Tax (7.00%): $6.62
Total: $108.21

I'm sure at some point I'll hate myself for not biting on 24 Seasons 1-3, but I can't justify spending another $100 after my first purchase of $45. Here's hoping for some good Christmas gifts eventually.

[quote name='botticus']I'm sure at some point I'll hate myself for not biting on 24 Seasons 1-3, but I can't justify spending another $100 after my first purchase of $45. Here's hoping for some good Christmas gifts eventually.[/QUOTE]

I already had 24 season 1 and by the time I got to the website season 3 used was sold out. Hopefully they restock it before the coupon expires!

[quote name='gwill']Items Bought:

Zoolander [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $3.99[/QUOTE]
Excellent choice...one of my favorite movies of all time. xD Blue steel!

I

Anyone know how long it takes them to process credit? I want to trade stuff in but I'm afraid I won't ge the credit until the sale is over. Especially since I'd have to send it to CA, and I'm in CT.

Can anyone help me with how this works. Even though it says, New Credit Total: ($68.75), can I have that apply to the current order, and not have the order process until the credit is processed?

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Anyone know how long it takes them to process credit? I want to trade stuff in but I'm afraid I won't ge the credit until the sale is over. Especially since I'd have to send it to CA, and I'm in CT.

Can anyone help me with how this works. Even though it says, New Credit Total: ($68.75), can I have that apply to the current order, and not have the order process until the credit is processed?[/QUOTE]

It usually takes around 10 days or so from when you mail them the games. I don't think you can order anything and pay with credit until they receive and accept your trade ins.

[quote name='chargeup45']Zoolander at 4 dollars is absurd. I don't care if its used, thats an amazing price for that movie.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought! I nearly soiled myself when I saw it. I looked all over that site for good deals and decided that most of the movies aren't worth it. You can make a killing on the DVD box sets and new video games. Otherwise you can find most of this stuff at about the same prices at places like half.com or ebay. Zoolander seemed to be one of the few exceptions.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It usually takes around 10 days or so from when you mail them the games. I don't think you can order anything and pay with credit until they receive and accept your trade ins.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I figured. I still might end up trading the stuff in, but the cost of mailing out the games and all that might not even be worth it.

They do credit you a small amount of shipping back for the games. I think it's worth it if you have games you don't want amymore and if they will give a decent amount of credit for them. I have sent in games a few times over the past year even without this 33% off sale.

I had various games I bought for $5 - $10 and were tired of. Most of them traded in for $7.50 so I basically got back what I paid for them which I was happy about. The only thing is, when they say the games have to be scratch free, they really mean it. If it has even the slightest visible scratch, it will probably get rejected.

Yeah, they give a few bucks, and I would be getting around $68 for about 8 or so games I don't play anymore, and got cheap for the most part, or are old sports games.

I'll look into it, but no point in rushing to do it now since the sale would be over.

does anyone know if they accept games that have

not for resale on the back? (like a game that came with xbox live or the xbox itself?)

I am wondering if I should take a chance.

back on topic - I have seen Zoolander so many times but 4 bucks...I wish I could add to my order

Transformers: Season 1, Vol. 1
Used DVD $6.66 In Progress
Transformers: Season 1, Vol. 2
Transformers: Season 1, Vol. 3

im surprised no one else is all over these

[quote name='Theenternal']Transformers: Season 1, Vol. 1
Transformers: Season 1, Vol. 2
Transformers: Season 1, Vol. 3

im surprised no one else is all over these[/QUOTE]

You do know those are just the six episode per DVD ones, right?

Most people are going for the box sets, IIRC.

[quote name='Roufuss']You do know those are just the six episode per DVD ones, right?

Most people are going for the box sets, IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Yea, its not a huge savings I guess. The 4 disc version has more bonus material but is not much more.

Damn, browsing around wherehouse.com, they've been completely raped on everything... barely anything used left on their site, box set wise.

[quote name='Roufuss']Damn, browsing around wherehouse.com, they've been completely raped on everything... barely anything used left on their site, box set wise.[/QUOTE]

yea :(

Too bad i didnt see this thread until earlier.. btw thanks giving me the heads up on the transformer dvds anyways. ;)

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Items Bought:

Behemoth ~ Zos Kia Cultus

Total Bought: $8.52
Shipping and Handling: $2.95
Sales Tax (MI 6.00%): $0.69
Total: $12.16[/QUOTE]

winner

bread's done
Back