33% everything at wherehouse.com

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Thanx to Jim from dvdtalk

wherehouse.com has the code 33% off everything, new game, used game, preorder.. pretty good deal if you ask me.. too bad they don't seem to carrry Hardware otherwise.. i'd grab a DS :)

anyway the code is

ISC409OF

Hmm, I've set up a spreadsheet comparing DDD 20% off deals vs. Wherehouse 33% off + tax + shipping deals (yeah I'm a nerd). So far it looks like NY sales tax kills a lot of the DVD deals for me. However the USED deals (what's left of them) are quite enticing.

And EcoFreak, thanks for passing along the idea!

I can't wait for this same sale sometime in the future like this time next year. Too many good DVD boxsets have come out in 2005 and are still new and priced high even used. Just wait a yr till all this stuff gets traded back to them, and we clean up in a yr.

some of mine have shipped

Clerks [10th Anniversary Edition] [3 Discs]
Used DVD $11.33 Shipped
Three's Company: Season 1
Used DVD $3.33 Shipped
Lord Of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring [Wid
Used DVD $15.33 Shipped
Lord Of the Rings: The Two Towers [Special Extende
Used DVD $15.33 Shipped
Lord Of the Rings: The Return of the King [Extende
Used DVD $15.33 Shipped
Suspiria [Limited Edition] [3 Discs] [Widescreen]
Used DVD $9.99 Shipped
Karate Kid Collection [4 Discs]
Used DVD $13.99 Shipped
Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Black and W
Used DVD $11.33 Shipped

Anyone who had a Spun.com order cancelled get their money refunded yet? I purchased with a bank debit card, which might have something to do with it, but right now I have yet to receive a refund for my $97 order or the $97 hold they put on my money for authorization or whathave you.

My order was shipped yesterday including the one pre-order Item that was due out today...

...So you can guess how happy I was to get home today and see a fedex package from Wherehouse waiting for me. My used copy of Aqua Teen vol. 2 is in good, complete condition as expected.

Four of my six items just shipped.
Hard-Boiled [Widescreen]
Used DVD $9.33 Shipped
Versus [Director's Cut]
Used DVD $6.66 Shipped
Crimson Rivers [Widescreen]
Used DVD $3.33 Shipped
Band of Brothers [6 Discs] [Widescreen]
New DVD $64.00 Shipped

[quote name='Ugamer_X']My order was shipped yesterday including the one pre-order Item that was due out today...

...So you can guess how happy I was to get home today and see a fedex package from Wherehouse waiting for me. My used copy of Aqua Teen vol. 2 is in good, complete condition as expected.[/QUOTE]
When did you order? I ordered mine on Friday. I'll see if mine arrived when I get home.

[quote name='chaarlieee']When did you order? I ordered mine on Friday. I'll see if mine arrived when I get home.[/QUOTE]
I ordered friday night, keep in mind that the packaged shipped from California and I'm not very far from their actual "warehouse."

Edit: well, you're from cali too, so it doesn't matter much.

[quote name='Renzokuken']There's a last Robocop Criterion dvd up for grabs. Last time I checked it was discontinued.[/QUOTE]

Got it. thanks man, i've been looking for this DVD forever!!! hopefully it will come with all of the inserts. how is wherehouse's return policy?

My order at Spun.com has not been cancelled yet. Both of the items I ordered were preorders and their status is still 'backordered' and the total order is still "In Progress." Is there anyone else out there who hasn't had their spun.com order cancelled yet?

I ordered Indigo Prophecy (XBOX) and Buffy Season 6 DVDs with this deal. Site says it shipped, so hopefully it'll be here soon. Thanks OP!

Sweet the sales still going on. I ordered:
Goldeneye Rogue Agent (XBX) $9.33
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series (DVD) $9.33
Futurama Vol. 3 (DVD) $19.33

I paid mostly with store credit.

[quote name='munch']Got it. thanks man, i've been looking for this DVD forever!!! hopefully it will come with all of the inserts. how is wherehouse's return policy?[/QUOTE]

I believe u have 30 days to exchange it or get credit for it.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Any new info as to when this expires? I know I'm gonna take a long-ass time with the music CD's and I don't wanna cut it too close.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was the 30th.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']anyone know what the difference is between ordering seinfeld s5 & s6 together and them separate?[/QUOTE]

They're doing the same thing as with the release of the first two sets--buying 'em together, they come with the individual sets in a larger box, a handwritten script replica, and a weird show-related item (in this case, a miniature 'puffy shirt' replica.) Pictures of the gift set and stuff can be seen here: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4108

I wish my stuff would hurry up and ship, but at least most of it hasn't been cancelled.

I just got my used family guy s2 from wherehouse and it looks to be in like new condition, and the stickers that were on it came off as easy as gamestop stickers

I think everything should be complete, because otherwise they won't accept it in the first place.

I know the Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition I got from them for $22 used even came with the promotional comic book.

Too bad that isn't in stock, it'd be a real steal, even though it was already one at $22.

This is BS...my two orders at spun.com were cancelled. Can't they at least honor this coupon, since both sites are probably owned by FYE? It said in the e-mail that my charges were refunded, but I'm looking at my checkings account, and I still have a pending charge for the orders. Probably explains why I only have $7 left in my account...I think they charged me TWICE for each item! Man, WTF. If that pending charge doesn't disappear within the next few days, I'm going to be furious.

I'm mad because they had to put this coupon out right after I spent money...

:(

It's so tough to resist, especially when you have a big wishlist on wherehouse.com, waiting for a good sale to come along.

Damn you parents for being such good parents that you look after my spending! Damn you!

I didn't get much satisfaction from wherehouse for holding my order over and losing roughly half of my items. But they did give me a coupon for free s/h on my next order. FSCS0806, in case anyone is interested.

[quote name='myjester2112']I didn't get much satisfaction from wherehouse for holding my order over and losing roughly half of my items. But they did give me a coupon for free s/h on my next order. FSCS0806, in case anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]
That's probably a one-time use coupon, meaning you can't use it now. :D

[quote name='y2kenjination']This is BS...my two orders at spun.com were cancelled. Can't they at least honor this coupon, since both sites are probably owned by FYE? It said in the e-mail that my charges were refunded, but I'm looking at my checkings account, and I still have a pending charge for the orders. Probably explains why I only have $7 left in my account...I think they charged me TWICE for each item! Man, WTF. If that pending charge doesn't disappear within the next few days, I'm going to be furious.[/QUOTE]

um, that money isn't gone it's just allocated to the pending charge by the bank.

My stuff shipped, at long last. Reno 911! is the only thing cancelled thusfar, but Battlestar Galactica S1 has gone on backorder--I'll be really irritated if I don't get it, but it's new, so the odds are good. Luckily, most of the used stuff I ordered is pretty under-the-radar (not a lot of competition for the Popular DVD sets), so none of that got gone. I also apparently managed to duck the multiple-authorization issue that appears to be plaguing many people.

Woah, I entered that FSCS0806 and it gave me free shipping (didn't complete an order, just tested it out). It says though:

Wherehouse.com Promotion (FSCS0806)
(to be used only for customer service issues.)

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Woah, I entered that FSCS0806 and it gave me free shipping (didn't complete an order, just tested it out). It says though:

Wherehouse.com Promotion (FSCS0806)
(to be used only for customer service issues.)[/QUOTE]
Ha. I would say at least let the OP of that code use it if he's going to. If a bunch of people started using that, they'll cancel all orders with it in about two minutes.

Didn't know about that above free shipping code, but I don't see how it's worthless. You can use that some other time. I've found some good prices on that site even without the 33% off, it's just the shipping kills it. That code would be great.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Didn't know about that above free shipping code, but I don't see how it's worthless. You can use that some other time. I've found some good prices on that site even without the 33% off, it's just the shipping kills it. That code would be great.[/QUOTE]
I think he just meant it was worthless with the 33% off code.

now that you mention it, there ARE a lot of $5/$6 or less CDs I've been eyeing that will still be good deals even after this sale's over. Even a lot of more niche CDs are significantly lower than amazon regularly ~$11 vs $14.

[quote name='botticus']Ha. I would say at least let the OP of that code use it if he's going to. If a bunch of people started using that, they'll cancel all orders with it in about two minutes.[/QUOTE]
It was mine and I didn't realize when I initially posted it, it would come up as "customer service issue",etc. I believe you can only use one coupon per order, so I won't be using it with my next one obviously.
Thanks for looking out for me though haha.

got amazing race season 1 for almost half of the msrp!!!!!! brand new baby!!!!!!!
25.31 or something, 32 new on the site 40 new everywhere else(regular, w/o sales)

[quote name='sanjuro']now that you mention it, there ARE a lot of $5/$6 or less CDs I've been eyeing that will still be good deals even after this sale's over. Even a lot of more niche CDs are significantly lower than amazon regularly ~$11 vs $14.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the only time I've actually ordered from wherehouse was back in July when they had a free shipping code.

My order back in July was:

Items Bought Price: Status:
Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition [4 Discs]
Used DVD $22.99 Shipped
God Lives Underwater ~ Life In The So-Called Space
Used CD $1.99 Shipped
Yes ~ Magnification
Used CD $2.99 Shipped
Yes ~ The Ladder [ECD]
Used CD $2.99 Shipped
Primus ~ Tales From the Punchbowl
Used CD $4.99 Shipped

Some very cheap CDs, and a great price on the DotD: UE, which costs more everywhere else, and I love.

Purchase Total:
promotion: "Free Shipping Coupon"
(already applied to each bought item) $35.95
Shipping & Handling: Standard $0.00
Sales Tax (CT 6.00%): $2.16

Order Total: $38.11

I have a wishlist with tons of DVDs that are cheap that I would love to get. The only coupon before I knew about was VISACOOL (or COOLVISA -- whichever) which would give you $3 off an order of any DVD/CD over $10.99. If you ordered a DVD of the minimum, it would basically be free shipping.

I will definitely be placing an order, even if it's not within the 33% off sale.

I picked up two disney movies for my mom, and a few more movies for myself. Once again I wasn't charged tax, and this is my third order.

Items Bought Price: Status:
Masters of the Universe
Used DVD $3.33 In Progress
Mickey's House of Mouse Villains
Used DVD $6.66 In Progress
101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure
Used DVD $6.66 In Progress
Spawn
Used DVD $2.66 In Progress
Spawn 2
Spawn 3: The Ultimate Battle

Totals:

Purchase Total:
promotion: "33% off your online order of any music, movies & games!"
(already applied to each bought item) $24.63
Shipping & Handling: Standard $7.95

Order Total: $32.58

Do they allow in store returns? I have a used copy of The Girl Next Door and it looks the someone spilled something on the case and front cover. Not good condition.

I placed 2 seperate orders with spun.com and they were both cancelled. Main reason I ordered from spun.com instead of wherehouse was it was cheaper and no sales tax since wherehouse operates in GA. Don't think I will reorder since the item I ordered is $20 higher final total through wherehouse. $14 higher price on the items and $6 tax...

mario tennis came back in stock brand new, so i jumped on it with another order....it now shows out of stock, so hopefully it was me who got the last one...i'll be pissed if it was snagged out of my cart, 'cause it was the whole reason i made another order (which was pretty big)...i'm willing to bet that i spent the most on this deal, though i'm too embarrassed to tell how much i spent lol

throughout this whole thread, i've been wondering where sblymnl is...he abused the ddd sale with me back in june/july

Meh, most of the games I've be interested in are long gone (except that they have some used P.N.03 copies that are rather tempting...)

As for DVD's, all I'm looking for is anime, and I drained my money on DVDPlanet's 50% off sale, although I'm tempted to finish my .hack//sign collection.

Street Fighter: Alpha
Used DVD $4.66 Shipped
Vampire Hunter D
Used DVD $9.99 Shipped
Urusei Yatsura Movie 2: Beautiful Dreamer
Used DVD $9.99 Shipped
Video Girl AI
Used DVD $9.99 Shipped
Saber Marionette J: DVD Collection 3 [2 Discs]
Used DVD $15.99 Shipped
EL Hazard: The Magnificent World DVD Box Set [3 Discs
Used DVD $42.00 Shipped
Saber Marionette J: DVD Collection 1 [2 Discs]
Used DVD $13.99 Shipped

Thanks OP, got to finish some series and pick up some movies I've wanted to add to my collection for awhile.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']mario tennis came back in stock brand new, so i jumped on it with another order....it now shows out of stock, so hopefully it was me who got the last one...i'll be pissed if it was snagged out of my cart, 'cause it was the whole reason i made another order (which was pretty big)...i'm willing to bet that i spent the most on this deal, though i'm too embarrassed to tell how much i spent lol

throughout this whole thread, i've been wondering where sblymnl is...he abused the ddd sale with me back in june/july[/QUOTE]
When you add something to your cart at Wherehouse, the inventory is immediately reduced by 1 and it's held in your cart for up to 30 minutes with no cart activity. Unless they changed their policy, you should be fine.

Wheeeeeeee! Kick my wallet in the nuts!

Kanye West ~ College Dropout [Clean] Used CD 4.99
Stereo MC's ~ Connected Used CD 4.99
Project 86 ~ And the Rest Will Follow New CD 11.18
Red Hot Chili Peppers ~ Greatest Hits [Clean] Used CD 6.99
The Chemical Brothers ~ Music:Response [US EP] Used CD 5.99
Mystery Men [Widescreen] Used DVD 4.99
Ofra Haza ~ Shaday Used CD 5.99
Alice in Wonderland [Masterpiece Edition] [2 Discs] Used DVD 13.99
Moulin Rouge (Two Discs: English/French Versions) Used DVD 13.95
The Future Sound of London ~ Dead Cities Used CD 6.99
Mr. Bean: The Whole Bean [3 Discs] Used DVD 23.99
Newsboys ~ Thrive Used CD 4.99
Depeche Mode ~ Singles Box, Vol. 6 New CD 35.98
Minority Report [Widescreen] [2 Discs] Used DVD 6.99
Blade Trilogy: The Ultimate Collection [5 Discs] Used DVD 33.99
Shanghai Knights Used DVD 5.99
Shanghai Noon [Widescreen] Used DVD 7.99
Rush Hour 2 [Widescreen] Used DVD 4.99
Rush Hour Used DVD 5.99
Limp Bizkit ~ Unquestionable Truth, Pt. 1 [Clean] New CD 11.16
The Dandy Warhols ~ Odditorium or Warlords of Mars [CD & DVD] New CD 19.98
Blindside ~ Thought Crushed My Mind [Bonus Tracks] [Remastered] New CD 7.98
Blindside ~ Blindside [Bonus Tracks] [Remastered] New CD 7.98
Tobymac ~ Renovating->Diverse City New CD 7.98
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest [Special Edition] [2 Discs] [Widescreen] Used DVD 13.99
Black Cauldron Used DVD 9.99
The Future Sound of London ~ My Kingdom Used CD 3.99
Econoline Crush ~ Devil You Know Used CD 2.99
Sevendust ~ Next [Clean] Pre-order CD (10/11/2005) 12.78
Fiona Apple ~ Extraordinary Machine [DualDisc] Pre-order CD (10/04/2005) 15.19
Mushroomhead, Vol. 1 New DVD 17.58
Depeche Mode ~ Some Great Reward Used CD 5.99
Depeche Mode ~ People Are People Used CD 4.99

Totals:

Purchase Total: $353.52
Shipping & Handling:
$38.85
Sales Tax (NY 8.63%): $23.69
Wherehouse.com Promotion (ISC409OF)
(33% off your online order of any music, movies & games!) ($117.83)
Order Total: $298.23

Thanks OP! For me this is a huge order. And what scares me is that this is basically just a preview of what I'll be doing once the DDD sale hits...

All used items in my wherehouse.com order shipped the 27th, and all the new items shipped the 28th. Out of a total of 21 items only 2 were cancelled, they were used discs of Ghost in the Shell: SAC Vol.4 and Vol.5.

I am loading up round two right now. Hey I'm pretty sure I've seen people referring to MULTIPLE orders that they've made. So I'm assuming this code is good for multiple uses, yes?

bread's done
Back