360-Dashboard Subscription Deals: SILVER upgrade to year of GOLD-$36

CURRENT DEALS:

-Upgrade to 1 year of Gold for 40% off or $3/month... $36 says 1 day only...
*for current Silver members with upgrade to Gold

-Buy 12 months, get 2 free months
*for 12 month Gold renewals

-Buy 12 months, get 800ms points free
*for 12 month Gold renewals

.... waiting to see what/why the different Gold renewal offers, current sub length?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The Xbox 360 Dashboard offers various deals for LIVE subscriptions that can be highlighted in this thread.

*If you see a dashboard deal, describe your current status when the deal was visible, so others can replicate it. Not all deals show for all membership levels

*All of these deals will turn subscription auto-renew ON!

*The easiest way to turn auto-renew off is to add a prepaid LIVE card. It changes your subscription status from month-month to pre-paid. 1 month, 3 month, and 12 month cards should all work, no word on a 48 hour yet.

*The only other way is to call Microsoft, not online or via the dashboard as of recently

*(you can probably haggle 39.99 or 34.99 on the phone by calling to unsubscribe)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREVIOUS DEALS:
-12 months for 20% off + free game (Reach, Fable 3, etc)
- Silver upgrade deal

-12 months for $34.99 with 3 month warranty extension
*for current Silver members with upgrade

-12 months for $34.99 (40% off) with Aqua and 500 Microsoft points .
- Silver upgrade deal
- 2 day only? ... (Valentine's special)

-12 months for 39.99 with 2 games
(The Maw & R-Type Dimensions)
*comes up when you are Silver and not currently gold subscribed
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286185

-1 month for $3 with 2 games (The Maw & R-Type Dimensions )
*comes up when you are on your free Gold trial period

-1 month for $1 with 2 games (The Maw & Aqua) {}
*comes up when you are on your free Gold trial period
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285402

-A similar $1/1mth w/The Maw but also with Snoopy Flying Ace
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281988

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Raven6009']Saw a new offer on the Marketplace. $35.99 for a year and you get an extra 3 months added on to your 360's warranty.[/QUOTE]

Does your 360 still have to be under warranty for this deal to show up? I can't find it anywhere...

[quote name='rsigley']Has anyone gotten the new deal to work? I tried last night and it kept popping up with some error[/QUOTE]

Try removing any credit/debit cards associated with your account. Google how to do it online... sometimes if a card is old an error will keep popping up before you even get to choosing the payment method.

[quote name='XT14']These deals are getting to be pretty much nonsense....[/QUOTE]

No they're not, they are...

... wait, what's that? 3 month warranty? ...

...NM, you're right! These are nonsense!
Shouldn't they be down-playing the excessive need for a warranty?

just called xbox customer support, i've been getting charged $10 a month.

i got some dude, but he WOULD NOT let me cancel my auto renewal, i kept saying "no i just want to cancel it, it's not even my credit card it's my mothers"... he went on and on saying how im gonna lose all the time i've built up with xbox? that i wont get any offers as a silver member, that xbox live gold will cost more in stores (he said $30 for a 3 month gold card and $65 for a 12 month gold card). he said if i kept it on i could get so much better offers on gold to renew, he claimed right now i could get 3 months for $12.50 (no i cant.) ....he basically lied to me for about 25 minutes straight, i kept telling him how i just want to take the credit card off, i'm only 19 and its my mothers credit card. i even told him i'd put my own credit card on if i could take hers off but he wouldnt let me, he was concerned that i'd lose all the time i've built up with xbox live over the years (what?), he told me if i leave it on and just buy subscription cards in stores she wont get charged anyways, (after telling me about how subscription cards are more expensive in stores, wtf....). i then told him i just want it taken off, again, i told him he could actually just leave the credit card on but plz turn auto renewal off, he said "aww come on man, ur gonna lose all the time u've built up with us, and you got a bigger gamerscore man, that's impressive" (wtf?). he told me to just save up my money and if it charges my mom i can just pay her....... i finally caved and said, fine I'll just leave it on. :( i want to cry, i feel broken.

what a terrible experience.

Just call back. They have to remove it.

My brother, a few months ago added a CC to his GT, and paid for 3 months. He was able to turn off the auto renewal online and remove the CC online as well. I think the only time you have to call is when you sign up for an offer like the $1 for 1 month or these 35.99 deals.

Wouldn't adding a different option change you back from auto-renewal?

Like if you are auto-renew @ $10 a month after one of these deals, and you added a store bought pre-paid 12 month Gold card,

wouldn't that void your auto-renewal subscription status and change it to pre-paid card?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']
i got some black dude (not to sound racist). [/QUOTE]

Just say, "I got some dude." Or even better, an ethnic dude, so the reader can imagine whomever they "want".

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Just say, "I got some dude." Or even better, an ethnic dude, so the reader can imagine whomever they "want".[/QUOTE]

fixed. i only put black dude so the reader would get the idea of how the guy sounded, (now i sound racist again), he was relatively nice, but he was pushy "naww man you shouldnt turn off auto renew, ya gonna lose all the time you've got with uss maaan".

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Wouldn't adding a different option change you back from auto-renewal?

Like if you are auto-renew @ $10 a month after one of these deals, and you added a store bought pre-paid 12 month Gold card,

wouldn't that void your auto-renewal subscription status and change it to pre-paid card?[/QUOTE]

good question, I have a 3 month card that I'm going to use and will edit this post if it switches my auto renew off.

It's crazy to me how pushy some of these XBOX customer support guys are compared to others. The guy I got when I cancelled just wanted to shoot the shit with me about games, Netflix and my new Roku box. 5 minutes of friendly chit-chat and I had auto-renew off, no problem.

That's crazy. When I called to cancel I got a nice guy, sounded a lot like me, just getting through the day. He made me some offers but I turned them down and he said he understood. He also mentioned how I'd been a member for 4 years and all the tenor I'd build up but it doesn't do anything so what's the point? Just gotta wait for a good deal (two games or one game and some points) and they'll have me again.

[quote name='infamousantho']Try removing any credit/debit cards associated with your account. Google how to do it online... sometimes if a card is old an error will keep popping up before you even get to choosing the payment method.[/QUOTE]

thanks so much i had an expired card and once i removed it everything worked

It has been confirmed that the a pre-paid LIVE card will turn auto-renew off. (thanks iNFiNiTE HORiZON)

Quite a few people have been avoiding these deals even with free Arcade games to be had, simply out of fear they would get trapped by Microsoft into a $10/month rate, or at the least, trapped into a 30 minute annoying sales-pitch. Especially since they recently made the phone call mandatory, and disabled the option online.

Now we've realized you can turn auto-renew off by adding your next subscription with a pre-paid card, and the cards will stack to your current expiration date. Once your card runs out, you should revert to Silver.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']so i just activated a 3 month code, and it turned my auto renew off, will that auto turn back on once the 3 months are up or will it stay off?[/QUOTE]
Once your card runs out, you should revert to Silver.

if you are currently on a 1 month gold trial, and I add a 12 month prepaid code, will it start after the expiration of my trial or the day I put it in?

My new deal is 20% off with a free game. You can choose between two kinect games I ignored (maybe one was kinectimals?), Halo Reach and Fable 3.

[quote name='biledriver']My new deal is 20% off with a free game. You can choose between two kinect games I ignored (maybe one was kinectimals?), Halo Reach and Fable 3.[/QUOTE]

I saw this deal. You sign up with a 20% discount and they'll send you a game disc. Wonder if that means they'll send you a new boxed copy of the game or just the disc in a paper slip?

Was the price then $48 (20% of 59.99) for a year of LIVE with a choice of those games? That's really good if so.

And can anyone check which kinect games are choices please?

Hey funkflex, just wanted to hop in and say thanks for making this consolidated thread. It's very nice to have a single organized thread showing what one can get at any given point through the dashboard. :D (Also, would probably go for the 48$ + free Fable 3, were it not for the fact that I just renewed for another year. :p )

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Was the price then $48 (20% of 59.99) for a year of LIVE with a choice of those games? That's really good if so.

And can anyone check which kinect games are choices please?[/QUOTE]
Okay, here's as much of the deal as I can gather.

20% off a year of Gold "Plus get a free game disc". Games are Kinect Sports, Kinectimals, Halo: Reach, and Fable III.

The fine print says you'll get redemption instructions to your email where you'll redeem it within 45 days. Then allow 6-8 weeks for your game to be shipped. So I'm guessing it is a new hard case copy of the game?

I'm really tempted but I don't like Halo and I only played the first Fable, the second one didn't really appeal to me since I didn't like the first one. @_@ Mayhap I'll wait a bit longer. No info on how long the sale will last.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']It has been confirmed that the a pre-paid LIVE card will turn auto-renew off. (thanks iNFiNiTE HORiZON)

Quite a few people have been avoiding these deals even with free Arcade games to be had, simply out of fear they would get trapped by Microsoft into a $10/month rate, or at the least, trapped into a 30 minute annoying sales-pitch. Especially since they recently made the phone call mandatory, and disabled the option online.

Now we've realized you can turn auto-renew off by adding your next subscription with a pre-paid card, and the cards will stack to your current expiration date. Once your card runs out, you should revert to Silver.

Once your card runs out, you should revert to Silver.[/QUOTE]

i should've tried a 48 hr code first... wonder if that'd work too

I guess my question now is, will they send the platinum hits edition of Fable II with all the DLC or the regular edition?

Crap I just saw that right now, heh. My bad! Guess that wouldn't have made sense with the recency of the other games listed. Really wish we knew if it was a new, complete copy or if they mean something different like sending you the code in the mail later (as stupid as that may sound; I wouldn't put it past them though.)

"Offer valid only through in-dash sign up. Limited time offer. Limit 1 per account. Within a week after purchase, game redemption instructions will be sent to email on our account, you must redeem within 45 days of receipt. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery thereafter. Games cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes or APO/FPO addresses."

It's a physical copy unless they've really screwed up the description.

Is anyone signing up for the free Reach or Fable 3 deal with year of LIVE @ 20% off?

I'm very curious to hear the results of what they send...

Oh well, still glad I got a year for $30 with a free game of Joust. I already have Reach and I'm holding off until a Fable 3 GotY. Good deal for people who don't have Reach though!

I signed up for Gold during the "Maw and R-Type Dimensions" promotion early February, through the in-dash advertisement and then choosing the option to "redeem code". Does that, for some stupid/greedy reason, disqualify me from getting the games? I've yet to receive the games, and although they state 6-8 weeks, I find that a bit hard to believe.

Has anyone received the games yet?

[quote name='Antipodes']I signed up for Gold during the "Maw and R-Type Dimensions" promotion early February, through the in-dash advertisement and then choosing the option to "redeem code". Does that, for some stupid/greedy reason, disqualify me from getting the games? I've yet to receive the games, and although they state 6-8 weeks, I find that a bit hard to believe.

Has anyone received the games yet?[/QUOTE]

I signed up on 1/31/11 for The Maw and Aqua, and I haven't received my codes yet. I think we just have to be patient.

And actually, I would very much like to take advantage of that offer again when the next free game promotion begins for $1, so it's not greedy in the slightest. I feel that certain digital games are overpriced on XBL, anyway. We're on cheapassgamer.com. ;)

[quote name='Blade']I signed up on 1/31/11 for The Maw and Aqua, and I haven't received my codes yet. I think we just have to be patient.

And actually, I would very much like to take advantage of that offer again when the next free game promotion begins for $1, so it's not greedy in the slightest. I feel that certain digital games are overpriced on XBL, anyway. We're on cheapassgamer.com. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I was referring to Microsoft possibly being stupid/greedy and not sending me the games because I didn't sign up with a CC.

Tempted on getting in on this deal. Can I make a new silver account and get in on this deal? $47.99+tax for 1 year of xbl (plus a game I was gonna buy anyways) and Kinect Sports is a good deal.

Tempted to get in on this deal since I was planning on getting Kinect Sports anyways. Thing is, will it be the full retail game I will be sent in the mail or what? On the 360 dashboard the AD states "Go Gold for 20% off Plus get a free game disc" so not sure if it's just the game disc being sent, a dlc code for the game or full retail version of the game. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

[quote name='thenutman69321']Following your instructions Xbox.com > Accounts > Upgrade/Manage Account is how you used to be able to do it. There is no longer a link on that page. You have to call now.[/QUOTE]

I
(1) Googled: xbox.com accounts
(2) Clicked on the first find
(3) Under "Membership Options", I clicked on "Upgrade/Manage Account"

Okay, first of all, can current Gold members, who have been getting
their memberships with bought cards, get in on the offer
with the free games (physical ones)?

[quote name='GlassAgate']I
(1) Googled: xbox.com accounts
(2) Clicked on the first find
(3) Under "Membership Options", I clicked on "Upgrade/Manage Account"

Okay, first of all, can current Gold members, who have been getting
their memberships with bought cards, get in on the offer
with the free games (physical ones)?[/QUOTE]

No, the deal is for Silver members upgrading to Gold. If you let your Gold run out, you would then be eligible.

And no, you still can't turn it off online, no matter how you search for it or get there.

I called the customer support just now (I was only on hold for 3-5 minutes). I told him I wanted to cancel my auto-renewal (as I jumped on the $29.99 deal in November that also gave a free Halo Avatar Item).

The xbox live repesentative offered me a renewal of 34.99/12 months which will hit in November for my account.

So I will keep it on auto-renewal and call again a few months after this upcoming November and see if I can get another deal =/

[quote name='devexityspace']I called the customer support just now (I was only on hold for 3-5 minutes). I told him I wanted to cancel my auto-renewal (as I jumped on the $29.99 deal in November that also gave a free Halo Avatar Item).

The xbox live repesentative offered me a renewal of 34.99/12 months which will hit in November for my account.

So I will keep it on auto-renewal and call again a few months after this upcoming November and see if I can get another deal =/[/QUOTE]

I know this isn't the place for this, but I'm hoping someone may be able to answer my question. I also jumped on that 29.99 12 month with reach avatar item, but I turned my auto renewal off before my subscription would renew.

Now from what I know, I was not charged, and instead would be charged 29.99 when my subscription runs out (hence me having to switch off the auto renewal AGAIN). I'm just afraid that I'm not going to be able to get my $30 12 month because I turned off auto renewal. My sub runs out at the end of March and I dont want to risk auto renewal charging me $60 instead.

So I guess my true question is, does anyone here know anything more about that 29.99 deal and the stipulations with auto renewal?Thank you for any and all answers.

[quote name='devexityspace']I called the customer support just now (I was only on hold for 3-5 minutes). I told him I wanted to cancel my auto-renewal (as I jumped on the $29.99 deal in November that also gave a free Halo Avatar Item).

So I will keep it on auto-renewal and call again a few months after this upcoming November and see if I can get another deal =/[/QUOTE]

lol, I remember this. They claimed they'd give us a free Halo Avatar item, I never got mine.

Same here actually - never got mine either.

I called XBox Support once about it and they basically told me they couldnt help me.

I also have the same question as the above user, I have a 1 month for $1 coming up, but I dont know if that won't kick in if I leave auto renew off...

The 20% off gold subscription and free game DISC is a fraud. You do not get a game disc, argued about it with microsoft today. It clearly states get a free disc, and in the small print is nothing about the "on demand" game the customer service duder talked on and on about. It actually misleads further by talking about delivery and no p.o. box delivery as if it is indeed a disc going to be sent via mail..Screwjob, I want a hardcopy when it IS the deal.

I think once you've bought the 1 month @$1, it charges immediately and adds the month to your ending subscription date, so any time before then is fine.

And you can always add a pre-paid card to turn off auto-renew while extending LIVE, if you can find one of those cheap.

[quote name='CLOUDSTARX']The 20% off gold subscription and free game DISC is a fraud. You do not get a game disc, argued about it with microsoft today. It clearly states get a free disc, and in the small print is nothing about the "on demand" game the customer service duder talked on and on about. It actually misleads further by talking about delivery and no p.o. box delivery as if it is indeed a disc going to be sent via mail..Screwjob, I want a hardcopy when it IS the deal.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong, as I already mentioned earlier in the thread. See the following two pictures:

e4a3f6d1ab043bc36e021f162483ad25.png

de37466b69764a3d7fb52c15afa3a944.png

Trying to get my free game is a pain. They didn't send me an email with the code with-in the 6 to 8 weeks and now they have to investigate why I didn't get it.

So the customer service guy from microsoft was wrong, not me. Is that what you meant to say? Because I didn't call my phone number and talk to myself about the problem, being told by a doppleganger that the game was not a hard copy. Thanks though anyways.

Yup, that's exactly what I said, especially since when I called Microsoft, the customer service rep not only didn't know what I was talking about, she thanked me for letting her know about the deal and was telling me how she was going to get her husband to do the offer ASAP so they could get kinectimals, apparently a game she has been wanting for awhile now. :roll:

bread's done
Back