360-Dashboard Subscription Deals: SILVER upgrade to year of GOLD-$36

CURRENT DEALS:

-Upgrade to 1 year of Gold for 40% off or $3/month... $36 says 1 day only...
*for current Silver members with upgrade to Gold

-Buy 12 months, get 2 free months
*for 12 month Gold renewals

-Buy 12 months, get 800ms points free
*for 12 month Gold renewals

.... waiting to see what/why the different Gold renewal offers, current sub length?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The Xbox 360 Dashboard offers various deals for LIVE subscriptions that can be highlighted in this thread.

*If you see a dashboard deal, describe your current status when the deal was visible, so others can replicate it. Not all deals show for all membership levels

*All of these deals will turn subscription auto-renew ON!

*The easiest way to turn auto-renew off is to add a prepaid LIVE card. It changes your subscription status from month-month to pre-paid. 1 month, 3 month, and 12 month cards should all work, no word on a 48 hour yet.

*The only other way is to call Microsoft, not online or via the dashboard as of recently

*(you can probably haggle 39.99 or 34.99 on the phone by calling to unsubscribe)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREVIOUS DEALS:
-12 months for 20% off + free game (Reach, Fable 3, etc)
- Silver upgrade deal

-12 months for $34.99 with 3 month warranty extension
*for current Silver members with upgrade

-12 months for $34.99 (40% off) with Aqua and 500 Microsoft points .
- Silver upgrade deal
- 2 day only? ... (Valentine's special)

-12 months for 39.99 with 2 games
(The Maw & R-Type Dimensions)
*comes up when you are Silver and not currently gold subscribed
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286185

-1 month for $3 with 2 games (The Maw & R-Type Dimensions )
*comes up when you are on your free Gold trial period

-1 month for $1 with 2 games (The Maw & Aqua) {}
*comes up when you are on your free Gold trial period
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285402

-A similar $1/1mth w/The Maw but also with Snoopy Flying Ace
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281988

Last edited by a moderator:
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][/FONT] and in response to an e-mail i sent as well...Just getting the worst of the lot I guess.
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting Microsoft online support for XBOX. I am Ed and I will be helping you today with this issue.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]A[/FONT][FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]s I understand, you were having issues with the free game bundled on the subscription you purchased as well as the gamertag you have for you account. If I have misunderstood your query, please let me know.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]To answer your questions, first thing is, the game that was bundled on the subscription you signed up for is one of the Games on Demand. It is not a game on a disc. You can get this free game through an e-mail message that we will be sending you. On that e-mail, there will be a code for you to download on your console and that would be a downloadable game code. You will receive the e-mail within 6 to 8 weeks time range after the promotion is up.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Second thing is, you may need to call our Customer Support regarding the gamertag issue you were having as a[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]ll inquiries on account or subscription issues are being addressed through our phone support line. Additionally, access to a customer's account information requires a high level of verification from you. This is to ensure the confidentiality and security of your account.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]You may call us directly at 1-800-469-9269 (1-800-4MYXBOX) from 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time. We will be happy to give you further assistance regarding this matter.[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]I hope I have provided you the information you need.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]For any issues connecting to Xbox Live, you may also use our [/FONT][FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Xbox Live Connect Solutions Wizard[/FONT][FONT=Calibri, sans-serif].[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or reference to Service Request Number so 1149809479 we can expedite our service to you.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

After reading the email you posted I'm going to put my money down that this guy too did not know what he was talking about. He specifically said, "you signed up for is one of the Games on Demand." None of those four games are on the Games on Demand list (the haven't even started adding kinect games to GoD.) I'm not saying these games may not be on the list by the time the offer becomes redeemable but that's how I'm piecing this stupid shit storm together.

Eh well, make that 3 guys. My subscription is cancelled as they once again confirmed it was not a disc game. Just on here to help spread the word, so I'll put it this way...
Be forewarned! This subscription deal may be mishandled by birdbrain customer service folk, or may in fact not include an actual hard copy of your game of choice. ;) Glad to help.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']No, the deal is for Silver members upgrading to Gold. If you let your Gold run out, you would then be eligible.

And no, you still can't turn it off online, no matter how you search for it or get there.[/QUOTE]

My 1 month gold trial just ran out today, I don't see any deals in the spotlight section. I think I'll go the cheap way and make a new account since I mostly play fighters online :(

Just had the 'Renew with 1 month free and a free game disc' promo show up on my dashboard, hoping to see people are getting confirmation on this deal working as advertised before using it.

I can confirm that the deal shows up in the Dashboard after a Gold account expires.
Mine actually just expired today (I had been seeing the full price renewal w/ game deal for about a week leading up the expiration), and when I logged in this morning after my Gold sub had expired, I saw the deal below:

dscf0764.jpg

Here is what shows after you accept it:

dscf0765z.jpg

It doesn't really mention the game disc after you confirm it (neither does the confirmation email), so I'm hoping mine doesn't slip through the cracks and takes an act of Congress to get them to send me the free game. Been wanting Kinect Sports but not enough to pay for it.

[quote name='thenutman69321']Following your instructions Xbox.com > Accounts > Upgrade/Manage Account is how you used to be able to do it. There is no longer a link on that page. You have to call now.[/QUOTE]

You are right. I had to go through this last week. You no longer have the option to turn off auto renewal.

[quote name='CaoPi']so the free game is an actual retail one or DLC?[/QUOTE]

I would say it will either be the full retail game, or at least a physical game disc, seeing as the offer specifically states "free game disc"

All posts regarding this deal have indicated it's at least a disc. (Minus 1 misinformed cs rep)

My guess is it's a full game/art/case/manual that's labeled not for resale, similar to what you would see in a Reach/Fable/Kinect console bundle. They probably over-ordered those games for bundles.

Think I'm gonna bite at this. My Live ran up a few months ago, and I've been getting multi-platform games for PS3 since the online is free. I not really interested in any of the games, so I'll probably just get Reach and use it as trade fodder.

Got the email today to choose my free game.

They give you this link. It's really quick to fill out and choose your game. Let's see how long the "8-10 weeks" actually takes.

P.S. Anyone wanna buy the copy of Halo: Reach that I'm getting?

Also came in here to say I got the email today, looked pretty straight forward. I'm hoping it's quicker than 8-10 weeks, hoping they're just saying that long of a time frame in case there's a problem.

[quote name='KemperJones']Got the email today to choose my free game.

They give you this link. It's really quick to fill out and choose your game. Let's see how long the "8-10 weeks" actually takes.

P.S. Anyone wanna buy the copy of Halo: Reach that I'm getting?[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to try that link... :cool:

[quote name='howaboutno']I would say it will either be the full retail game, or at least a physical game disc, seeing as the offer specifically states "free game disc"[/QUOTE]

I'd like the choice for the games that are downloadable.

It says tax may be applicable.
Can anyone tell me the exact price for this?
I'm looking to put money on a temporary debit card to get in on this.
Help would be greatly appreciated!

[quote name='Curufinwe']I'd like the choice for the games that are downloadable.[/QUOTE]

Then your choice would be "no game at all" as none are currently downloadable :)

[quote name='sang321']It says tax may be applicable.
Can anyone tell me the exact price for this?
I'm looking to put money on a temporary debit card to get in on this.
Help would be greatly appreciated![/QUOTE]

It was $47.99 for me, as I'm in VA, and Microsoft has no physical retail presence in this state, so they don't have to charge me sales tax. I would think the only people that would have to pay tax would be people that live in states where a Microsoft store exists. Check this link to see if that's your case:

https://store.microsoft.com/StoreLocations/

There's not a store in my state. :)
So would a debit card that you put money on work?
I don't want to use a actual credit card for this and I will use a prepaid card to disable the auto-renewal.
Has there ever been a problem with using a temporary card?
(E.g. VISA giftcard that you buy at a convenience to put money on)

Anyone renew with one of the XBLA games deals?

I renewed a couple weeks ago with the Aqua+500 points deal and haven't heard anything regarding this. The renewal didn't even show up in my Rewards account.

-

[quote name='howaboutno']It was $47.99 for me, as I'm in VA, and Microsoft has no physical retail presence in this state, so they don't have to charge me sales tax. I would think the only people that would have to pay tax would be people that live in states where a Microsoft store exists. Check this link to see if that's your case:

https://store.microsoft.com/StoreLocations/[/QUOTE]

I've purchased Microsoft Points thru the dashboard and have always been charged sales tax. No physical store in TX in that link though. :whistle2:?

I just noticed this deal on my dash when I turned on my Xbox today:

12 months of Xbox Live Gold for $47.99 (20% off) plus a free game (physical disc) of your choice.

The choices are:
Kinect Sports
Kinectimals
Fable III
Halo Reach

I haven't been a gold subscriber in a few years now, so they may be targeting those long time lapsed members like me. Worth a check if you haven't been on your 360 in a while and are looking for what seems like a pretty solid deal. I'm shocked that they're offering games that are still retailing for about $40.

One caveat I noticed is that the game could take "8-10 weeks" for delivery.

kiseika----good looking out for us CAGs, but this was posted before in a thread about all Dashboard XBLA deals. It looks like that thread has fallen off the main page so I won't rag on you too much. I would just caution anyone thinking of taking advantage of this deal. Why would you give your information to a company that has made it difficult to remove that information? Especially when it will be more expensive on the follow up auto-renewal membership, which you will not be consulted on. Stick with membership cards on sale in my opinion.

I would just caution anyone thinking of taking advantage of this deal. Why would you give your information to a company that has made it difficult to remove that information? Especially when it will be more expensive on the follow up auto-renewal membership, which you will not be consulted on. Stick with membership cards on sale in my opinion.
You can turn auto-renewal off from the dashboard and continue with pre-paid cards if you wish. I've never followed up my subscription with the standard base fee and I've been a subscriber for 5 years. It's not the cheapest of GOLD deals but if you've been interested in any of the offered games, it can still be a compelling offer.

Make sure you stay on top of this promotion. I got a similar promotion for a xbla game. After the 8 weeks went by and I didn't receive anything. I called support and they're checking to see why I didn't get anything. Don't let the 8 weeks go by or you'll be screwed.

[quote name='Torusan']You can turn auto-renewal off from the dashboard and continue with pre-paid cards if you wish. I've never followed up my subscription with the standard base fee and I've been a subscriber for 5 years. It's not the cheapest of GOLD deals but if you've been interested in any of the offered games, it can still be a compelling offer.[/QUOTE]

Torusan, True, but it isn't a hidden truth that they made it difficult in the near past to remove your information. I wouldn't trust them further than I can throw them with my CC info. If you do decide to accept this "deal", make sure you follow up to cancel the auto-renewal and demand they remove your financial information. If you forget you will be charged for the larger monthly rate.

Damn M$. You finally got me again after a couple years. It's some-what cheaper then a normal 12mo, and a free game? I haven't played Reach yet, so I'll grab that.

And just for those wondering, you can remove your CC info easily through the Xbox website. I removed a couple from my account about about 6+ months ago. It also says that within a week of purchase you'll receive a redemption code for the game, and you must use it within 45 days. Delivery is 8-10 days after that.

I got in on this for my wifes account. Just a note, you'll probably wait a week before you even get the email asking you to choose your free game. Then it takes up to 10 weeks to get the game.

[quote name='Llamaw00d']kiseika----good looking out for us CAGs, but this was posted before in a thread about all Dashboard XBLA deals. It looks like that thread has fallen off the main page so I won't rag on you too much. I would just caution anyone thinking of taking advantage of this deal. Why would you give your information to a company that has made it difficult to remove that information? Especially when it will be more expensive on the follow up auto-renewal membership, which you will not be consulted on. Stick with membership cards on sale in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if this was a repost. My first search turned up nothing and then the servers went fuck and I couldn't search anymore.

As someone who's been living with just a free account for a while now, I was unaware of any difficulty with MS. In my experience, though, turning off auto-renewals isn't such a big deal.

Still, seems like a good thing if you're in the market for a game and a gold sub.

i tried the link for shits and giggles.

never know...

Edit: This is the reply i got in my email

Thank you for submitting your Xbox LIVE game redemption request. We've received your order and will process your request once we've verified your membership. You can expect to receive your game within 8-10 weeks.

In the meantime, keep enjoying Xbox LIVE Gold and all the entertainment and fun that comes with it.

Have fun!

I think all the deals they've been offering for Gold memberships indicate that their jacking the price up to $60 drove more on-the-fence gamers like me to drop back to Silver than they got from milking the CoD/Halo addicts. I'd been running the past two years on cards from $8 LiveVision bundles I'd gotten on clearance, but considering the 6-8 times a year I venture online to get my butt kicked by racist, foul-mouthed 12-year-olds and my best friend's Xbox dying and his decided to just roll with his PS3 because Live was too expensive for his unemployed condition, I can't justify the expenditure. If you don't have Reach or Fable, this may be an OK deal, but for me it's not enough.

IMO, canceling auto-renew hasn't been that hard for me. This is a great deal for those that want the games, and it only requires an extra 5-10 minutes to cancel auto-renew.

Game takes 45 days to "process" and another 6-8 weeks to ship.

Not a bad deal if you want to pay $48 and get a game in three and a half months.

bread's done
Back