360-Dashboard Subscription Deals: SILVER upgrade to year of GOLD-$36

CURRENT DEALS:

-Upgrade to 1 year of Gold for 40% off or $3/month... $36 says 1 day only...
*for current Silver members with upgrade to Gold

-Buy 12 months, get 2 free months
*for 12 month Gold renewals

-Buy 12 months, get 800ms points free
*for 12 month Gold renewals

.... waiting to see what/why the different Gold renewal offers, current sub length?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The Xbox 360 Dashboard offers various deals for LIVE subscriptions that can be highlighted in this thread.

*If you see a dashboard deal, describe your current status when the deal was visible, so others can replicate it. Not all deals show for all membership levels

*All of these deals will turn subscription auto-renew ON!

*The easiest way to turn auto-renew off is to add a prepaid LIVE card. It changes your subscription status from month-month to pre-paid. 1 month, 3 month, and 12 month cards should all work, no word on a 48 hour yet.

*The only other way is to call Microsoft, not online or via the dashboard as of recently

*(you can probably haggle 39.99 or 34.99 on the phone by calling to unsubscribe)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREVIOUS DEALS:
-12 months for 20% off + free game (Reach, Fable 3, etc)
- Silver upgrade deal

-12 months for $34.99 with 3 month warranty extension
*for current Silver members with upgrade

-12 months for $34.99 (40% off) with Aqua and 500 Microsoft points .
- Silver upgrade deal
- 2 day only? ... (Valentine's special)

-12 months for 39.99 with 2 games
(The Maw & R-Type Dimensions)
*comes up when you are Silver and not currently gold subscribed
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286185

-1 month for $3 with 2 games (The Maw & R-Type Dimensions )
*comes up when you are on your free Gold trial period

-1 month for $1 with 2 games (The Maw & Aqua) {}
*comes up when you are on your free Gold trial period
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285402

-A similar $1/1mth w/The Maw but also with Snoopy Flying Ace
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281988

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Indiana']This is a great deal. It's too bad I can't add it to my gold membership.[/QUOTE]
Yeah this is my problem too, my gold is going to expire soon so maybe i'll get lucky and this will pop up for me.

Wow, couldn't pass up on this deal. Got it renewed again. Set my calender to remind me in February 2012 to cancel the auto renew for March LOL. Got Fable III, waiting for the email.

pretty good deal, if I picked up one of those games chances are it would sit in my backlog for 3 months anyway. So I would be willing to wait for it be sent to me. I've been a gold member for years so I expect MS to screw me and not let me get a part of this action. But I hope some CAGs are able to take advantage.

So my Gold just expired today and they didn't give me the option for 12 months and a free game. The option I have is I pay for 3 months and get 3 months free and get free 2 games (The Maw and R-Type Demensions) gonna wait and see if the other deal pops up.

Hmm, my sub runs out in a week. I might just fold and buy for Fable III. If not I'll probably end up being silver until Gears 3 comes out--I have an ass load of 48 hour codes I can use to get by with anyway.

Really disappointed if this this is done now in favor of the 3+3 months for $25 which is ok but not near afolk price if aging game and a yea.r for $50. Was all set to jump on it a day after seeing it on my system and come home to it changing to 3+3. Probably will wait if it stays that way.

[quote name='immortalfireboy']I'm a current gold, offer is free 800 microsoft points with a year renewal.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I'm gold on a year subscription and my offer was 12 months + 2 months.

Are you currently a 12 month sub? or 3 month? 1 month?

...updating OP...

Still haven't received The Maw and Aqua via e-mail from my sign-up on 1/29/11. Should I contact them?

Giving them a couple more days to send me my email to pick my game from the one year renewal... renewed last Friday, I know some people had to wait about a week for the email to show up.

[quote name='Blade']Still haven't received The Maw and Aqua via e-mail from my sign-up on 1/29/11. Should I contact them?[/QUOTE]

I signed up the same time and haven't either. These promotions seems poorly managed so I'm not going to be tempted by them again.

It's way too much of a PITA to monitor my email for 6-8 weeks, especially because they mention in the fine print that they won't resend the code if the email ends up bouncing or deleted in the spam folder.

I just got my warning for the auto-renew process from when I signed a 2nd acct up to get The Maw & Aqua for $1, so that was 4 weeks ago. The offer stated 6-8 weeks for codes to be emailed, so I am still patiently awaiting their arrival.

EDIT:
And calling to turn off auto-renew was the easiest call ever. I got all ready to hunker down and fight a cs for a 1/2 hour and it took 3 smooth minutes. No offers, no questions, no friction what-so-ever. And it was my wife's account I set up. I couldn't even remember whose name I put it under, and gave my name, her name, and her maiden name... no problem.

Just needed to know gamertag and credit info and done. It took me longer to edit this post

Got my codes for The Maw and Aqua from the $1 trial deal on 3/25/11

It was in an email titled "Get you Gifts Now." from xbox. Just a heads up...

I took advantage of one of the "1 month for $1" deals back when I had a 12 month card in the system. I let the 12 month card run out, to kick in the 1 month for $1, and figured I'd renew during that 1 month.

I got 3 different e-mails all stating that my Gold had expired when the card ran out (it clearly hasn't, using Netflix as we speak! And the 1 month for $1 shows up as my current status under my account info) - but even worse ALL deals are gone from the dashboard.

Any chance they'll come back? My girlfriend, who only has ever had a silver account, is seeing all sorts of deals, and I can't get a single one...

One Day Silver Upgrade deal for $36 showed up today..

..."Limited time offer; limit 1 per account."

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Got my codes for The Maw and Aqua from the $1 trial deal on 3/25/11

It was in an email titled "Get you Gifts Now." from xbox. Just a heads up...[/QUOTE]

I still haven't got mine :(

It should be noted too for those fearful of auto-renewal that they DO send a warning email one week before auto-renewal takes effect, allowing you then to cancel..

I got my free copies of The Maw and Aqua at about the same time the OP did.

Are there any other game deals like this? How often does a "1mo/$1 + games" deal come along? I've only just begun using my 360 because I didn't have a hard drive for it until this past December.

Is this promo for specific regions? How does it work? I recently ran out of gold the other day and haven't noticed any upgrade to gold deals. I'm at work and was planning on buying a subscription either online or on my way home. Does anyone think I will have this on my dashboard tonight when I get home?

Noticed today that the deal on the dashboard is gold for 3 months at $12.49 and also includes 800 microsoft points. Points deposited within 8 weeks and must be used by December 31, 2011.

[quote name='inv']Noticed today that the deal on the dashboard is gold for 3 months at $12.49 and also includes 800 microsoft points. Points deposited within 8 weeks and must be used by December 31, 2011.[/QUOTE]Thanks for posting this. I bit since it works out to $2.50 for three months. Set a calendar appt. to cancel in August. Neat.

Sorry to bump up an old post but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it.
Did anybody get their game from
-12 months for 20% off + free game (Reach, Fable 3, etc)
- Silver upgrade deal
yet?
I got Halo Reach, I got the email to select the game, and I still have it on auto-renewal but I'm wondering if I did something wrong to not the game the game since it should be coming around this time according to the small print... Please help if you can. Thanks!

HA! Haven't seen this thread in awhile. Lost track of the deals & this thread after my LIVE account got hacked into. It then took a month or two to get back online.

I'll have to update this later after work

[quote name='kylerg']Did anyone that locked into the Halo deal last year for $30 ever get charged?[/QUOTE]

You won't get charged until your live sub is about to run out. I had a cs rep explain it to me once because I had cancelled my credit card that originally was used for that deal and I wanted to make sure I would still be getting it. The first guy I talked to didn't know anything so he transfered me on up and the lady explained it all.

If I remember correctly it is something like you get charged the a short time before it goes live for you depending on when your sub would expire. So for me I have a 1 month for 1 dollar deal coming up next in my crazy que of live subs. My sub ends July 11th so on July first I will get charged. I think if it was after the 15th when I expire, so let's say the 20th, I wouldn't get charges till the 15th.

This was explained to me a long time ago so it may not be 100% but this is the gist of it.

Mine renewed on the 4th. I haven't seen any charges yet.

Maybe this week? You'd think they would bill before keeping active.

bread's done
Back