[360 OOS] Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition (360) $29.99 (PS3) $49.99 at Amazon

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19767[/IMG-R]The Collector's Edition includes:

• Dead Rising 2 game disc
  • Exclusive two-disc steelbook case
  • High-Def disc with 83 Minute "Zombrex Dead Rising Sun" motion picture and 24 minute "Making of" featurette
  • Zombrex "Syringe" pen
  • Zombrex "Prescription" notepad (25 pages)
  • Zombrex "Safety" card
  • Zombrex "Prospectus" sales brochure (16 pages)
  • Dead Rising 2 hardback artbook (48 pages)
:360::ps3: Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition $29.99/$49.99 (360 now OOS)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']Wow. Well, I paid full price on day one. I regret it a little. I hate that the Zombrex brochure is torn up right out of the box, but man, I love the Zombrex pen. I bought a used copy of Dead Rising 2 for $30 as a gift for Christmas, so I'm going to sell that for $30 and buy this and give that as the gift instead. Excellent price.[/QUOTE]

Well at least you guys got codes to get MVSC3 for half off.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Well at least you guys got codes to get MVSC3 for half off.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I didn't pick it up from Amazon, so I got no such thing.

Thankfully, K-Mart has the gaming coupon train, so I'll probably still get it for really cheap.

Woot, front page, lol. Thanks CheapyD for the clean up of the OP. When I link something, CAG automatically adds the CAG referral link right? I want to make sure CheapyD gets his money lol.

Was so close to getting this, but I passed as I've never played Dead Rising before, and I figure 30 bucks is a lot for a game I might hate and a bunch of useless crap. I'll probably try out Case Zero to see if I like it.

ugh i bought this while at school... than i come home because i realized i can't afford this and it's already shipping!!! Why must amazon be so awesome when it comes to shipping speed... (mixed feelings)

Was kind of pressured by it being posted on SD as well. I loved Case Zero also. $30 for a game that I've only seen that low on Black Friday and stuff and extra goodies? Sure.

Anyone know if this comes with any of those preorder DLCs? Ninja Packs and whatnot looked pretty helpful.

I was just contemplating if I should get Case West and skip DR2...but at this price I couldn't resist

[quote name='henry00x']locked in $32 TIV for my standard edition and bought the zombrex for $29.99, cant go wrong with that[/QUOTE]
ditto

[quote name='Skram']Anyone know if this comes with any of those preorder DLCs? Ninja Packs and whatnot looked pretty helpful.[/QUOTE]

why would this come with preorder dlc?

Dang, I bought the regular version used for $28 a couple weeks back. Definitely would have picked this up for $2 more.

Holy crap this is a good deal. In for 1! Luckily I noticed this got posted on CAG on facebook, since I wasn't on this site at the time. Makes an awesome XMas gift for someone who I was struggling to think of what to get.

NICE! I got the normal edition for $25 a few weeks ago so I am trading that in for $32 and buying the CE for $30. Nothing like making $7 and getting a better edition.

Is there a reason why when I added it to my cart, then checked out, it was only $9.99?! Something seems fishy here. Well, heres to hoping its sent to me for that price!

The DLC being included is possibly a misconception because of the product description.

"Dead Rising 2: CASE ZERO, a downloadable game prologue released ahead of the game launch will give fans a taste of the experience while introducing you to the new characters and story that will unfold in Dead Rising 2"

This is listed under Product Features.

Can someone confirm that a DLC code for Case Zero is NOT included?

Also, can this game be played via local split-screen?

Bought one as a Xmas gift.

Would of kept it myself but i already passed the game from a Gamefly rental. The CE stuff doesn't look all that appealing to keep.

[quote name='Kevbo887']Is there a reason why when I added it to my cart, then checked out, it was only $9.99?! Something seems fishy here. Well, heres to hoping its sent to me for that price![/QUOTE]

You probably have credit from other purchases.

[quote name='Kevbo887']Is there a reason why when I added it to my cart, then checked out, it was only $9.99?! Something seems fishy here. Well, heres to hoping its sent to me for that price![/QUOTE]

Are you sure you didn't have 20 game credit with amazon already? It automatically uses it :cold:

edit: beat'd

In the future you can go to payment options and uncheck it (or you use to be able to), although I found with lightning deals you didn't have a choice . Since for whatever reason it would count the lightning deal promotion with the credit you have.

[quote name='Darknuke']You probably have credit from other purchases.[/QUOTE]

Hmm maybe, but Ive bought a bunch of stuff over the past few weeks, including games that didnt have preorder bonuses. Plus, I just bought that Mario anniversary game for my wife last night, and it didnt take it out of that.

Not to mention, the $25 in trade in credit I had only $9 was taken out of it to pay for this.

Hmmm, I shall not complain for now!

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']You are a traitor.

You know the deals die very fast after they hit SD. If you are going to post a deal over SD, at least wait one hour, so CAGers have a chance to pick up the game first.[/QUOTE]

^^^^ Very sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, after reviewing the order, evidently I had a random $20 credit from another order. Odd that it didn't auto-get used after the spending spree over the past month! Thanks.

I was debating buying KH:BbS as part of the RPG day but balked because I had no filler. Now there is this that I'm interested in but then there's the whole backlog thing. If it's still available after the kids' bathtime, I think I'll pounce. I can just make it Zombie January w/ Case Zero & West as well (the rest of December is dedicated to AC:B and NFS:HP).

[quote name='Trance Addix']Tempted to pick this up, but I already have the game lol.[/QUOTE]
So do i, trade it in to amazon for 32$. Assuming its the regular edition.

Ahahahhahaha, wow, flippers don't exist on CAG, eh? No one on SD is a gamer genuinely interested in the product or trying to get some Christmas shopping done? There's a reason why generalizations suck.

[quote name='Scorch']why would this come with preorder dlc?[/QUOTE]

I had hopes it would come with codes for all the preorder DLCs or the Amazon preorder DLC because it was the Collectors Edition. Guess not.

[quote name='GUNNM']So do i, trade it in to amazon for 32$. Assuming its the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

I'd do this if I had the game. Basically swapping editions plus making $2 in the process.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Ahahahhahaha, wow, flippers don't exist on CAG, eh? No one on SD is a gamer genuinely interested in the product or trying to get some Christmas shopping done? There's a reason why generalizations suck.[/QUOTE]

I admitted earlier to not being ashamed of being called a "flipper", if I can make a profit or get a better game out of buying a game on a deal, then why not? I'd at least rather be honest than to lie about it like some people do.

I'm going to have to take out a second mortgage, Amazon is making me poor this Christmas! Thanks OP!

[quote name='Jabrim']I admitted earlier to not being ashamed of being called a "flipper", if I can make a profit or get a better game out of buying a game on a deal, then why not? I'd at least rather be honest than to lie about it like some people do.[/QUOTE]

Being Honest is great. Being a flipper knocks you down some place between a telemarketer and Satan.

I think the two reasons why people don't like flippers.

1.Takes deals from other members of CAG
2.People are sharing information to help people get games to play cheap. They aren't using there time to help you make a buck.

[quote name='DoubleJG']The DLC being included is possibly a misconception because of the product description.

"Dead Rising 2: CASE ZERO, a downloadable game prologue released ahead of the game launch will give fans a taste of the experience while introducing you to the new characters and story that will unfold in Dead Rising 2"

This is listed under Product Features.

Can someone confirm that a DLC code for Case Zero is NOT included?

Also, can this game be played via local split-screen?[/QUOTE]

I bought this on the Collector's Edition day Amazon had a couple weeks back and can verify it does not come with Case Zero or any of the other DLC packs, though I did see the Zombrex Edition at Best Buy and it had a sticker indicating a token for the Sports pack DLC which goes for 160 pts on Live.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']You are a traitor.

You know the deals die very fast after they hit SD. If you are going to post a deal over SD, at least wait one hour, so CAGers have a chance to pick up the game first.[/QUOTE]

The sense of entitlement from some people on this site is sickening.

bread's done
Back