360 Owners Poll - Did your 360 die or is it still working fine?

Just to give you guys a headsup, after 90 days MS will not fix ur console regardless unless you have the extended warranty. Spoke with someone over the phone, starting March or April they will require proof that you bought the system within 90 days, and without extended warranty you'll have to shill out the $300 for a new system + tax, as opposed to $60. So look for MS to stop being friendly around that time frame.

Edit: No my 360 didn't break, just had to order the extended warranty because my info was lost in the mail apparently.

[quote name='thagoat']wtf? so your sending it back even though it works fine? umm..ok. mines just fine. it came from the mid december shipment. i bought an extended warranty from sam's club for 39.99(3 YEARS) to cover my ass though. i thought the original xbox had a year warranty on it, if so whats up with this ninety day crap on the 360.[/QUOTE]

My original Xbox had only a 90 day warranty. I think Sony and MS only had a 90 day warranty.

Well, mine died with the recent update....hopefully I get it back today, I shipped it Thursday I believe.

It worked GREAT, right until the update, then it was INSTANT dead. However, after talking to the MS service reps, they said I had a warranty until 2010.

What? Holy shit, I need to call them myself (about the warranty until 2010). Did they say any specific reason why so long? I'm guessing they are maybe doing it for people who got defective systems. I might just need to go ahead and cancel the extended warranty I sent in.

Today while playing Hexic, the screen started to get some distortion. I actually thought it was a "graphic effect" since I was getting around level 50, but once I exited the game it still was going on. Man I'm pissed. It just happened so I haven't sent it in yet, but I just hooked the thing up this past Sunday (purchased about a week and a half ago, so it's from a more recent shipment). After turning it off and back on it was gone, but one mistake is one too many for my money and peace of mind. Will be sending it back in soon I guess.

^^^^ Hmmm, mine has done that I think (like all the pixels on the screen are all screwy and the color is messed up?)... Its happen to me about three or four times since Launch. All I did was turn it off, push the wires back in a lil more and then it would work fine... I got my 3 year warranty at Ebgames... Im just hoping my 360 will last until at least you can walk into an EB and just pick one up. I dont feel like waiting a couple weeks to get a new system

My currently works but I haven't played it for longer than like 2 hours at time. I'll probably really stress test it when I get Full Auto or something.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, mine died with the recent update....hopefully I get it back today, I shipped it Thursday I believe.

It worked GREAT, right until the update, then it was INSTANT dead. However, after talking to the MS service reps, they said I had a warranty until 2010.[/QUOTE]

Lol i shipped mine out thursday as well. i hope i get it back soon. Damn does that mean i have a warranty until 2010 too?

Yay, my 3rd 360 2 weeks after getting it now has a pink box that flashes in the top right part of the screen. Sending it back now, hopefully my 4th 360 wont be screwed up as well.

[quote name='gabalicious']Lol i shipped mine out thursday as well. i hope i get it back soon. Damn does that mean i have a warranty until 2010 too?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it....all you have to do is ASK MS though when you call. I think they may have screwed up my extended warranty I paid for (doubled it I believe)

[quote name='sado']Yay, my 3rd 360 2 weeks after getting it now has a pink box that flashes in the top right part of the screen. Sending it back now, hopefully my 4th 360 wont be screwed up as well.[/QUOTE]

Whatever, stop lying...Some of you are full of shit...I'm sorry but I'm calling you out on this...I left mine on for 16 straight hours by mistake after my super bowl party...It works perfectly and has done so since I bought it off of Ebay on launch day.

[quote name='dserafin1986']Whatever, stop lying...Some of you are full of shit...I'm sorry but I'm calling you out on this...I left mine on for 16 straight hours by mistake after my super bowl party...It works perfectly and has done so since I bought it off of Ebay on launch day.[/QUOTE]

When I get this one back ill scan each and every shipping label and post it here, just cause yours works fine doesn't mean everyone's does.

Just had mine die on me tonight while playing Amped 3. It froze and then when I went to restart it I got the 3 red lights. Tried unplugging everything and I was able to get video again but it was freezing at the XBox 360 logo. Called Ms and they're sending me a box. Hopefully it'll be quick. I'm definitely going to get the extended warranty now!

my xbox 360 started to scratch madden. madden also froze up a few times. unable to read disc a few times. so i called microsoft and they told me to take the game back and have it replaced works just fine.

Well, after the March update, my machine became a paperweight, so I am waiting for the box to come... Ugh. It worked so well since launch, too. :(

Got mine Sunday and has been fine so far. The play and charge kit on the other hand has been DOA since I bought it. I called last night and they had ABSOLUTELY no solution for me. The lady said she was going to send a replacement and then put me on hold. When she came back she said she was sorry but they had NO REPLACEMENT play and charge kits. NONE?! They make these damn things, what is the deal?

my prem still work great.. my bro core system froze tons of time last week... he just sent it in for replacement... hopfully mine holds up for a few yr......???

My fist 360 I bought on Dec 19th died the day before doa 4 came out. When I went into the gamestop by my house topick up my copy of DOA I told the manager I knew about how my 360 broke and it sucks that I won'y be able to play DOA cuz it overheats . He told to bring it up there and he would switch it out with a 360 he just got in that day. I was like Are You serious. So I went home and brought the system by itself and he just got on the computer and typed some stuff up and gave the other Brand New 360 with a hard drive for my 360 without a hard drive. I could n't believe it because I bought my 360 from walmart. Anyways I went home and played the hell out of this one and It still runs Perfect
-Shane

I bought a 360 core system last tuesday at Sears. Shopped around, found a hard drive, controller, remote and a few games. I was tired and left it alone on tuesday night, wednesday night I wasn't in a gaming mood but hooked up the system and watched a DVD on it with no problems. The next afternoon tried to start the system up the system froze at the menu and I winded up taking system back to Sears. Of coarse there was no replacement. I talked with Microsoft who couldn't do anything for me since I already brought it back to sears. Since then I bought a 360 today from kmart and I will see if I can finally play a game tonight.Dave

I don't have a 360 just yet but I have a cousin and 2 friends that have one and they work great from what I've seen of them.

So, anyone been getting Dirty Disc Errors? I got one in the middle of OBLIVION....weird. I think I got one in another game too.....this is my 3rd 360, everything else seems good.

I can no longer play Burnout due to dirty disc errors. It boots up but gives me the error when I get to the event selection screen. The disc is absolutely flawless. I am getting similar problems with Oblivion, DOA4 and Call of Duty 2 although they are playable for 1/2 hour or so. What a piece of shit.

[quote name='javeryh']I can no longer play Burnout due to dirty disc errors. It boots up but gives me the error when I get to the event selection screen. The disc is absolutely flawless. I am getting similar problems with Oblivion, DOA4 and Call of Duty 2 although they are playable for 1/2 hour or so. What a piece of shit.[/quote]Did you ever find out the manufacture date on your 360? I don't remember the thread I asked in. It should be on the back next to the serial number.

[quote name='sado']Bah sending mine back in again for a 4th time, this next one will be my 5th 360.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap!!! Five times?!?!

Looks like Microsoft hasn't bothered fixing their screwed up hardware and are simply replacing busted one with the same busted technology.

[quote name='daphatty']Holy crap!!! Five times?!?!

Looks like Microsoft hasn't bothered fixing their screwed up hardware and are simply replacing busted one with the same busted technology.[/QUOTE]

Way to justify a ton of replacements by one person.

Mine's playing fine. I got a bum Far Cry disc, I thought it was my 360.. exchanged it for a new Far Cry disc earlier today, played it for 3 or 4 hours today, no freezing.

I haven't heard of any problems of the newer 360, kinda wish I waited at this point, but at the same time I've had 0 problems with my 360 and I've had it since the first week of December, and It's been on for a good 30+ hours a week. I guess what that's what the warranty is for.

But 4th, 5th 360? wtf? That's just insane.

Yea mine died tonight, I had only had it for 2 days. I really didn't feel like having a game system that I had to worry about or pay an extra $50 for an extended warranty for. The games were fun, but honestly not any better than anything i've played that's current-gen.
So I just returned it, I'll just save my money for PS2 and Xbox games, and for the PS3 later this year, unless it can't stay alive for more than a week either.

[quote name='arthurRWD']Yea mine died tonight, I had only had it for 2 days. I really didn't feel like having a game system that I had to worry about or pay an extra $50 for an extended warranty for. The games were fun, but honestly not any better than anything i've played that's current-gen.
So I just returned it, I'll just save my money for PS2 and Xbox games, and for the PS3 later this year, unless it can't stay alive for more than a week either.[/quote]That sucks. Better luck with the PS3.

NBA 2K6 kept freezing my system (as in I couldn't do anything in the game and I couldn't pull up the guide button) when I was trying to exit the franchise mode. That's the first game that has consistently froze my system.

I've had mine since March 24th, and its fine. Only time its frozen is when I downloaded the demo for Full Auto and tried to play it. After looking around online a little bit, I found a few articles somewhere that said that the demo was the problem.

I leave my system on for hours on end. I've started downloads and then went to sleep, or left music on with the visualizer for hours during social gatherings... no problems.

Mine just died. Had game lockups the past few days and I tried it again today...red lights. Sending me a box this week. I hope the next one coming in works out, 'cause I'm leaving the country for 3 months. I don't want to have to deal with it when I come back.

For those that had to have their consoles replaced, were they new consoles that you got or did some of you just get repaired units (the same one that you sent out)?

I don't know what everyone has been told by CS, but mine worded it as if they were going to repair my console instead of sending out a new unit, which is what I thought was done for these cases.

Although it's a pretty obvious tip, this could save your 360's life. TRY to give the 360 its own outlet or power strip. My friend's 360 died, but I guess that's because he had a TV, Computer, and his 360 all in the same power strip. Of course it was gonna fry.

[quote name='thamaster24']Although it's a pretty obvious tip, this could save your 360's life. TRY to give the 360 its own outlet or power strip. My friend's 360 died, but I guess that's because he had a TV, Computer, and his 360 all in the same power strip. Of course it was gonna fry.[/quote]Hmmm...interesting thought. Though we did have the A/V guy and an electrician (he was already there on another call) check everything out and set it up for us to make sure everything was gonna be fine.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hmmm...interesting thought. Though we did have the A/V guy and an electrician (he was already there on another call) check everything out and set it up for us to make sure everything was gonna be fine.[/quote]

You probably could get it all in a really powerful power strip, but not a small one

[quote name='thamaster24']Although it's a pretty obvious tip, this could save your 360's life. TRY to give the 360 its own outlet or power strip. My friend's 360 died, but I guess that's because he had a TV, Computer, and his 360 all in the same power strip. Of course it was gonna fry.[/QUOTE]

Interesting tip. How would the 360 benefit from such a setup? I happen to have my connected to it's very own outlet but that was done more for distance reasons.

Just from my experience I try to give the 360 its own outlet, just like a whole bunch of high power electronic appliances. If you have the 360 and say your computer in the same power strip, then the 360 and hard drive could surge and pretty much fry. Although I can't give you a cheap really good power strip, I'm sure another cager can. The only heavy duty ones I've seen though are $49-59.

bread's done
Back