3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='larrythefatcat']How/where in the heck did you get the Toy Story 3D Blu-rays this early? Because I really would like to know where I can pick these up over a week before release-date!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='shrike4242']Gizmo runs a review site for movies and usually gets them early to review them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that.

Hoping to get the next Disney wave later this week. After that...it's pretty bare.

[quote name='shrike4242']Blu-Ray.com also has reviews of the three stand-alone releases of Toy Story 3D, Toy Story 2 3D and Toy Story 3 3D:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Toy-Story-3D-Blu-ray/28346/#Review
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Toy-Story-2-3D-Blu-ray/26538/#Review
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Toy-Story-3-3D-Blu-ray/26537/#Review

Assume the same for the three-movie pack of the 3D only discs.

A Cars 2 3D review as well:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cars-2-3D-Blu-ray/25785/#Review[/QUOTE]

I wonder Disney re-release Toy Story in 3D. I wonder how much 3D in 3 movies? 30% off the movie will be in 3D or 40% or 50% ??

Hmm, Best Buy has a deal this week for Toy Story, Cars 2 and new titles this week for buy 4 get $40 off or buy 2 get $10 off. Ad says Toy Stories and Cars are reg $40 each and others $30 each. They seem to be missing Meet The Robinsons on their web site. However, the 3 Toy Stories are currently listed as $30 on the web site (don't know if store prices are fixed back to $40). Are there any extras in the box set that aren't in the individual releases? I know the box set doesn't contain the 2D BD versions, which makes the individual ones for $60 (if you order one more title for $20) sound like a better option.

If you were going to bet one of the Lego games anyway, BestBuy has a kickass deal on Harry Potter 7 pt.2 3D blu. They'll give it to you for $3 if you buy one of the games.

I picked up the DS version and the blu for $34.xx shipped. Not bad.

[quote name='KyleN']Hmm, Best Buy has a deal this week for Toy Story, Cars 2 and new titles this week for buy 4 get $40 off or buy 2 get $10 off. Ad says Toy Stories and Cars are reg $40 each and others $30 each. They seem to be missing Meet The Robinsons on their web site. However, the 3 Toy Stories are currently listed as $30 on the web site (don't know if store prices are fixed back to $40). Are there any extras in the box set that aren't in the individual releases? I know the box set doesn't contain the 2D BD versions, which makes the individual ones for $60 (if you order one more title for $20) sound like a better option.[/QUOTE]

Yep, IMHO, that's the better deal.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/LockMyTremMeet the Robinsons 3D comes out Tues. with Bolt 3D and G-Force 3d.

For some reason, the MtR 3D isn't working with the promo (Bolt, Chicken Little, and G-Froce are). I opted for Bolt 3d- for $79 you can get TS1-3 3D and Bolt 3D. Not bad.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Yep, IMHO, that's the better deal.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/LockMyTremMeet the Robinsons 3D comes out Tues. with Bolt 3D and G-Force 3d.

For some reason, the MtR 3D isn't working with the promo (Bolt, Chicken Little, and G-Froce are). I opted for Bolt 3d- for $79 you can get TS1-3 3D and Bolt 3D. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I ordered. May pick up the others when I go to the store on Friday to get the Lego HP Xbox deal with the 2 Harry Potter 3D titles.

Amazon has trade-in values ranging from $5.25 to $6.50 for each of the three TS movies in 2D (BD packaging) as well as Bolt, so you can make like $23 in Amazon credit for trading in those four movies.

[quote name='shrike4242']Amazon has trade-in values ranging from $5.25 to $6.50 for each of the three TS movies in 2D (BD packaging) as well as Bolt, so you can make like $23 in Amazon credit for trading in those four movies.[/QUOTE]

Already checked that as well :) We have an internal "for sale" email list at work--usually I can get $10 each for the Disney combo titles, so will attempt that first.

[quote name='porieux']Any way to get HTTD and Megamind 3D exclusive barebones releases from BB for less than msrp?[/QUOTE]

It's so frustrating--I loved HTTYD in the theater and really want to see it again. These exclusives are a killer--I refuse to pay $35 for a bare-bones release. I was hoping these would be part of a Black Friday sale, but doesn't look like it. They will have a few titles for $18--Rio, Narnia, Ice Age, Polar Express & Deathly Hallows (not sure which one, hard to read ad). Hoping that Amazon price matches these early.
You may want to look for Megamind on ebay--I managed to get the Samsung Shrek 1-4 + Megamind for $40 shipped!

Thanks Kyle. Yeah it wouldn't be so bad if these weren't barebones releases...pretty lame of them IMO.
Guess I will wait for now.

Why does it cost an arm and a leg for 3D movies? It's like the studios don't want you to buy them!

What's the best 3D movie to showcase the tech? Thinking of getting Conan on Tuesday, is that movie any good?

Conan was awful, but that's my opinion and I definitely would not pay the 3d price for it. As for 3d titles to show off, here is a list of the best I have seen:

Tron Legacy
Toy Story 2 & 3
Legend of the Guardians
Coraline

[quote name='gokou36']Why does it cost an arm and a leg for 3D movies? It's like the studios don't want you to buy them!

What's the best 3D movie to showcase the tech? Thinking of getting Conan on Tuesday, is that movie any good?[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil: Afterlife
The Final Destination
Step Up 3D
Drive Angry

All four of those movies have amazing, fly out in your face 3D. The movies are all fair to middling, but the effects make them fun to watch.

Supposed to be picking up a 3D tv here in a few minutes. 55" Sony :) I heard they do the best job of 3D alongside Samsung, but I'm getting this tv for $950. The only 3D blu I have is Tron Legacy. Anyone know if BF is having a sale on 3D blus?

[quote name='beatngurnuts']Conan was awful, but that's my opinion and I definitely would not pay the 3d price for it. As for 3d titles to show off, here is a list of the best I have seen:

Tron Legacy
Toy Story 2 & 3
Legend of the Guardians
Coraline
Avatar(if you can get it)[/QUOTE]

Nice list, I guess I need to see LOTG because you are spot on with the others.

I picked up Alice In Wonderland and I think that also looks awesome. The barebones 3D only disc goes for around $10-15 on ebay (guessing it was a promo pack in of some sort earlier this year).

Maybe its just me, but...I must have crappy 3D movie theaters in my area. Movies I've seen on a 3D theater screen look better on my 3D TV at home. For example, Tron Legacy looked okay in a theater, but looks fantastic on my TV. I've just been buying random 3D blu rays because I'm starting to make a 3D movie collection, and I've been surprised how well they look on my TV screen.
(Well, except for Step Up. I'd be kind of embarrassed to be seen owning that. But I have a friend that watched in 3D, and said the movie was crap, but the 3D effects were awesome, such as they were. Feet and shaking asses popping out of the screen into your face).

And once word gets out among your friends and family that you have a 3D TV, you will NEVER have enough 3D glasses to go around.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Supposed to be picking up a 3D tv here in a few minutes. 55" Sony :) I heard they do the best job of 3D alongside Samsung, but I'm getting this tv for $950. The only 3D blu I have is Tron Legacy. Anyone know if BF is having a sale on 3D blus?[/QUOTE]

Starting tomorrow, Best Buy will have some Disney 3d's for $25 each. Not the best price since most were cheaper on release week.

Best Buy will also have some 3d's on sale BF for 17.99 each. I know one of the Harry Potters will be one of them, along with Rio, Polar Express, Narnia: Dawn Treader and a couple more.

Anyone thinking of Tron 3D, it will be $25 at Best Buy tomorrow but Amazon has listed the deluxe set as a Black Friday gold box deal.
No price is listed though, it has been as low as $39 before.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Supposed to be picking up a 3D tv here in a few minutes. 55" Sony :) I heard they do the best job of 3D alongside Samsung, but I'm getting this tv for $950. The only 3D blu I have is Tron Legacy. Anyone know if BF is having a sale on 3D blus?[/QUOTE]
Is that the 929 version and where u buy it at

Tron 3D sucks :cry: not very much of the movie is even in 3D. Its a bad movie to start your 3D experience with in my opinion.

[quote name='starmask2k3']Is that the 929 version and where u buy it at[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-K...Q7AY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321767151&sr=8-1

It's this TV. And I bought it from a local discount store that gets returns in from different places. However, Tron isn't even working with it for some reason even after buying the transmitter and glasses. The guy threw in Coraline and a 3D blu-ray player for free, Coraline works fine but it's not the best 3D I've seen yet. Gonna try out Uncharted 3 shortly.

Any recommendations on good 3D? Thought about Lion King or Captain America..

[quote name='Spacepest']Maybe its just me, but...I must have crappy 3D movie theaters in my area. Movies I've seen on a 3D theater screen look better on my 3D TV at home. For example, Tron Legacy looked okay in a theater, but looks fantastic on my TV. I've just been buying random 3D blu rays because I'm starting to make a 3D movie collection, and I've been surprised how well they look on my TV screen.
(Well, except for Step Up. I'd be kind of embarrassed to be seen owning that. But I have a friend that watched in 3D, and said the movie was crap, but the 3D effects were awesome, such as they were. Feet and shaking asses popping out of the screen into your face).

And once word gets out among your friends and family that you have a 3D TV, you will NEVER have enough 3D glasses to go around.[/QUOTE]

It's because the theater 3d's are passive, your 3d TV is probably active.

I don't like any of the RE movies so not sure if I'll get that. Enjoyed Final Destination 5 so maybe i'll get the first one since I've never seen it before.

I just got a new 51" Samsung 3D Plasma for my bedroom, wall mounted and I just got done watching Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows Part 2 3D Blu, I was impressed by the picture quality and I love the Samsung Glasses

Best Buy has the Deathly Hallows Part 1 3D BD on sale for $17.99 early (this is the one that's also on sale on BF). So can go get your $5 price drop before Thursday if you bought it last week (like me).

[quote name='noone13']Tron 3D sucks :cry: not very much of the movie is even in 3D. Its a bad movie to start your 3D experience with in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I have to strongly disagree. About 10-20 minutes are not 3D and the rest is in 3D. And the 3D is very good, in my opinion.

I finally got mine working, Uncharted 3 and tron both look great!!

Any word on the Captain America 3D Blu? It's 34.99 everywhere but I see it's a limited edition. Also I see that Toy Story 3 and Nightmare before Christmas are on sale this week. Thinking about buying those and selling my regular blu-rays to recap some of the money. What are you guys' opinions on those?

[quote name='xhonzi']I have to strongly disagree. About 10-20 minutes are not 3D and the rest is in 3D. And the 3D is very good, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I saw this in 3D at the theater and can second the above. All of the "real world" parts are in 2D, but switches to 3D once they enter the world of Tron. I thought that was a nice touch. And it looked cool to boot.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I finally got mine working, Uncharted 3 and tron both look great!!

Any word on the Captain America 3D Blu? It's 34.99 everywhere but I see it's a limited edition. Also I see that Toy Story 3 and Nightmare before Christmas are on sale this week. Thinking about buying those and selling my regular blu-rays to recap some of the money. What are you guys' opinions on those?[/QUOTE]
It's ok but not great because it was converted.

[quote name='KyleN']Best Buy has the Deathly Hallows Part 1 3D BD on sale for $17.99 early (this is the one that's also on sale on BF). So can go get your $5 price drop before Thursday if you bought it last week (like me).[/QUOTE]

Thanks picked up a copy

Picked up nightmare before Christmas 3D today..is it worth keeping if I already have the blu or returning and getting captain America 3D for $10 more? Also is lion king 3D as good as everyone says?

[quote name='mr_bungle']Picked up nightmare before Christmas 3D today..is it worth keeping if I already have the blu or returning and getting captain America 3D for $10 more? Also is lion king 3D as good as everyone says?[/QUOTE]
Lion King 3D is absolutely fantastic, as is the Beauty & the Beast 3D - Disney outdoes itself with their 3D releases time and time again so I'd consider them a must buy. The Toy Story 3D trilogy is another stellar recent release so I would recommend that too.

[quote name='gokou36']Are there any 3D deals on black friday?[/QUOTE]

The only one I know of is Best Buy is supposed to have the following for $17.99 (hoping Amazon price matches beforehand):

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1 (Blu-Ray 3D)
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Blu-Ray 3D)
Rio (Blu-Ray 3D)
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Blu-Ray 3D)
The Polar Express (Blu-Ray 3D)

[quote name='KyleN']The only one I know of is Best Buy is supposed to have the following for $17.99 (hoping Amazon price matches beforehand):

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1 (Blu-Ray 3D)
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Blu-Ray 3D)
Rio (Blu-Ray 3D)
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Blu-Ray 3D)
The Polar Express (Blu-Ray 3D)[/QUOTE]

HP is 17.99 now at BB.

Best Buy also has a lot for 24.99 right now.

[quote name='mr_bungle']HP is 17.99 now at BB.

Best Buy also has a lot for 24.99 right now.[/QUOTE]

While I'm kind of interested in seeing Mars Needs Moms, $25 is still over the threshold of what I'm willing to pay for a single movie. The $20 Spy Kids 4 on Amazon is tempting but I suspect the movie will not be that great for an adult. And I haven't heard anything decent about Conan (currently $23).

The only 2 I wanted from Best Buy's current sale (Christmas Carol and Tron) were out of stock as early as Sunday morning.
I couldn't believe it, there were like 5 copies of each the day before, then boom, all gone.
I tried to submit a price to Amazon but they don't budge much with 3D blu-rays.

A semi sale if you are a fan...

Amazon has the Lion King box set (includes the 3D version) for like $45.

[quote name='KyleN']While I'm kind of interested in seeing Mars Needs Moms, $25 is still over the threshold of what I'm willing to pay for a single movie. The $20 Spy Kids 4 on Amazon is tempting but I suspect the movie will not be that great for an adult. And I haven't heard anything decent about Conan (currently $23).[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even watch those 3 movies if someone gave them to me.

If you get any of them, I hope you like them though.

[quote name='pjb16']I wouldn't even watch those 3 movies if someone gave them to me.

If you get any of them, I hope you like them though.[/QUOTE]

:) Yeah--that's what's keeping me from getting any of them--that seems to be the general consensus on those titles . Though, I did really like the Smurfs 3D film--as much as I went in expecting to absolutely hate it.

[quote name='mr_bungle']HP is 17.99 now at BB.

That's for part 2 not 1. Also just a heads up the 3D in the HP movies sucks. I highly recommend getting the 2D versions.

[quote name='anderson4145'][quote name='mr_bungle']HP is 17.99 now at BB.

That's for part 2 not 1. Also just a heads up the 3D in the HP movies sucks. I highly recommend getting the 2D versions.[/QUOTE]

No, there's an unadvertised, in store sale right now for part 1--I got my $5 refund on Sunday from buying it last week.

[quote name='KyleN'][quote name='anderson4145']

No, there's an unadvertised, in store sale right now for part 1--I got my $5 refund on Sunday from buying it last week.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was picking up a Kindle yesterday. It's 17.99 for DH P1

bread's done
Back