3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone that has been waiting for Big Hero 6 3D via Amazon UK it now shows a release date of May 25th.  Unfortunately it also shows region B/2.  I believe other Disney 3D Blu Rays on Amazon UK showed region locking during pre-order, but were region free when actually released.  Amazon India has the 3D edition as region free so I am hopefully the UK edition will be region free.  If only Amazon India would ship the BD outside India...

For anyone that has been waiting for Big Hero 6 3D via Amazon UK it now shows a release date of May 25th. Unfortunately it also shows region B/2. I believe other Disney 3D Blu Rays on Amazon UK showed region locking during pre-order, but were region free when actually released. Amazon India has the 3D edition as region free so I am hopefully the UK edition will be region free. If only Amazon India would ship the BD outside India...
You can get if for $35 on eBay, I've bought from the seller before. I bought Planes Fire & Rescue from him, he had Ratatouille too but that turned out to be region locked too unfortunately.

It's a bit on the pricey side but a good alternative for those who don't like importing.
When I ordered Frozen from Amazon UK it was a little over $30. $35 is only a little more to get it now instead of waiting a month or more to see if the UK version will actually be region locked or not. From what I have seen the India and Australia releases are both region free and have English menus and content. I am on the fence, but suspect I will end up getting the India edition from eBay this time around.

All of this said it would be MUCH nicer to get it in the US, with US DMR codes, and at a little lower price point.

It would be highly unfortunate to see this locked after Maleficent and Frozen were region free. Ratatouille is an outlier as for as I can tell. On the 2d side I think only Fantasia and Jungle Book ended up being R2

It would be highly unfortunate to see this locked after Maleficent and Frozen were region free. Ratatouille is an outlier as for as I can tell. On the 2d side I think only Fantasia and Jungle Book ended up being R2
I got a UK Fantasia and it works fine, unless they reissued it as Region 2 only. Pinnocchio is also region b, or so I heard.

Some good deals there and I would bite but I just took advantage of the Amazon.uk B1G1 Disney titles since today is the last day of the promo

What do those packs come with? 3d, bluray, DVD, digital copy?
I'm pretty sure they are 3D blu ray only, may play in 2D. Your asking for too much at that price, Predator was pretty cool watching in 3D. It didn't add much but a new experience none the less.

Amazon dropped the price of Spider-Man 2, 300 2, and hobbit 2. Ranging from $13-20. I'm kind of annoyed because I just bought the 300 sequel from best buy for $20.
http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?sortby=time&category=3dbluray
I did as well, though will happily order it from Amazon and wait it out. The only thing I'm concerned about is that the picture is a non-combo BD case and the description says 3D BD + BD + DVD, which has usually been a shift from combo pack to non-combo pack.

I have a little less than 40 days before I'm stuck with my copy of BB, so I'll see what happens with the one from Amazon in the meantime. I'd be shocked if it didn't stock during the return window with BB and saving a little more than $5 on a 3D movie is worth waiting out for Amazon restock.

Yeah I saw that. I may bite on 300, 3d was pretty great in the theater plus Eva Green!
The low price for ASM2 may be the only way I'll ever be enticed to buy that trainwreck

Curious to know if 300 3D has UV/digital copy.  I got the non-3D copy $7.45 from Amazon during Black Friday (still unopened) and that has UV/digital copy.  The image and description on Amazon doesn't say if the 3D one has it.

I'm considering if it's even worth "upgrading" to the 3D version for double what I paid for the regular considering I heard the movie wasn't that great and I don't have a 3D TV yet (but am building up my 3D collection for when the time comes).

Price on 300 Rise Of An Empire 3D back up to $19.99, so it's dead at the $15.03 price.   

Mugen Power, the 3D copy I received from Best Buy had 3D, 2D and DVD discs, plus the UV/digital copy, so in theory, the one from Amazon should be the same. I'm still curious about the change in the product illustration to the generic BD version picture.   The one I ordered from Amazon is still showing no ship date yet.

Just received notification that my 300 Rise Of An Empire 3D is in the shipping stages and I should see it early next week.  Hopefully others will be seeing the same thing on their end.

Assuming it's the 3D combo pack as hoped, I'll take my $20 copy back to BB.

EDIT: Shows as shipped out and should have it on tomorrow (Friday).

Just received my 3D copy from Amazon and it was the 3D/2D disc only, no DVD, no UV or digital copy. 

Back to Amazon it goes.   Keeping my Best Buy $20 copy, which was 3D + 2D + DVD + UV + DC.

Return reason was "Description on website was not accurate".  You could also use "Received different product than ordered", though the illustration showing the no DVD + no UV/DC matched what I received.

You can get if for $35 on eBay, I've bought from the seller before. I bought Planes Fire & Rescue from him, he had Ratatouille too but that turned out to be region locked too unfortunately.
When I ordered Frozen from Amazon UK it was a little over $30. $35 is only a little more to get it now instead of waiting a month or more to see if the UK version will actually be region locked or not. From what I have seen the India and Australia releases are both region free and have English menus and content. I am on the fence, but suspect I will end up getting the India edition from eBay this time around.

All of this said it would be MUCH nicer to get it in the US, with US DMR codes, and at a little lower price point.
I just got the Big Hero 6 3D Blu Ray via eBay and was very pleased. It is the India version, but all menus and soundtrack are in English. Included is just the 3D Blu Ray which featured the "Feast" short as the only extra. The 3D was solid and definitely worth the purchase though not quite as immersive as some other animated films like Wreck-It Ralph or Despicable Me 2. The UK edition of Big Hero 6 is being released in about 5 weeks and still shows as region B/2 on Amazon UK. At current conversion rates the Amazon UK version works out to almost $30 US before shipping costs. This means the eBay India release is about the same price even if the UK edition ends up being region free. Figured I would pass along my impression and experience in case anyone else was on the fence about the eBay India version.

I just got the Big Hero 6 3D Blu Ray via eBay and was very pleased. It is the India version, but all menus and soundtrack are in English. Included is just the 3D Blu Ray which featured the "Feast" short as the only extra. The 3D was solid and definitely worth the purchase though not quite as immersive as some other animated films like Wreck-It Ralph or Despicable Me 2. The UK edition of Big Hero 6 is being released in about 5 weeks and still shows as region B/2 on Amazon UK. At current conversion rates the Amazon UK version works out to almost $30 US before shipping costs. This means the eBay India release is about the same price even if the UK edition ends up being region free. Figured I would pass along my impression and experience in case anyone else was on the fence about the eBay India version.
Just coming in here to mention that. Looks like most of Europe is region free and hopefully the Amazon listing is just false. Glad to know that regardless there's some solid options though so thanks for the info.

I just bought Hubble 3D to watch with the kids for 17 bucks off ebay from buy.com . Looks like it was around 15 last year but much higher these days. Other than my worry it's some bootleg it may be a good deal.

My question is are there any other really great 3D documentaries I could get? I hear Cave of Forgotten Dreams is great but it may be a little too nuanced for the 6 year old and 4 year old.

I've been picking up any 3D titles for cheap no matter how good or bad that I got Step Up Revolution 3D. Not every one's cup of tea, I know. I never saw this one but did enjoy the other Step Up movies good enough to pick this one up.

Along with The Darkest Hour for $4.99, you can't beat the price for the 3D experience.

Just bought The Bubble, Texas Chainsaw, and Tekken: Blood Vengeance. Happy with the 3D on all of them. Still though, it's hard to surpass the fun gimmicky effects on The Mad Magician. Just wish I could get a physical copy of that one as well--but it looks like PSN is still the only way to acquire it. Amazing transfer though, if you're willing to shell out $30 like I did. 

I've been picking up any 3D titles for cheap no matter how good or bad that I got Step Up Revolution 3D. Not every one's cup of tea, I know. I never saw this one but did enjoy the other Step Up movies good enough to pick this one up.

Along with The Darkest Hour for $4.99, you can't beat the price for the 3D experience.
I got the same two as well. It's hard to turn down $5 3D Blus. I wasn't going to get Step Up originally until I noticed they still had one copy left with slipcover/clear packaging, because it's hard to resist unique packaging as well.

I imported the latest Step Up (5?) 3D BD but haven't had a chance to watch yet. It's really disappointing how more and more 3D releases are getting skipped here in the U.S.

I imported the latest Step Up (5?) 3D BD but haven't had a chance to watch yet. It's really disappointing how more and more 3D releases are getting skipped here in the U.S.
I'm hearing there's a possibility that studios may not be supporting 3D when 4K bluray comes out. It is disappointing. For the current generation of bluray, I'm just going to get anything in 3D as they go on sale.

Yeah if it's the 3D version with movie cash I will just wait. Got a family of four who all go see these big summer movies so every bit of movie cash helps, especially with 3D upcharges

here's the link to the jurassic park 3d with fandango movie money

it was actually available for a short time for the same price as the normal version but got pulled down. Hopefully it come back soon

http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-Park-3D-and-Jurassic-World-Fandango-Cash-Blu-ray/dp/B00TPL8DPE?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-056-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00TPL8DPE&m=
Thanks. Set up the notification for when it comes back for sale.

I'm hearing there's a possibility that studios may not be supporting 3D when 4K bluray comes out. It is disappointing. For the current generation of bluray, I'm just going to get anything in 3D as they go on sale.
Then it's another excuse not to get a 4K.

Hoping there's at least a 4k player that can upscale current 3D blurays to 4k. Anyway, I have no plans to be one of the early adopters of 4k. Too pricey early on as is the case for any new technology.
Upsacales are never as good as native. Hopefully, the rumors won't turn out to be true, though (although it seems the bad ones always seem to come true), as 4K and 3-D = mega awesome!

The price is coming down. Still some ways to go, but 2 years ago they were $3-4,000, now there are already sets under $1000.

Upsacales are never as good as native. Hopefully, the rumors won't turn out to be true, though (although it seems the bad ones always seem to come true), as 4K and 3-D = mega awesome!

The price is coming down. Still some ways to go, but 2 years ago they were $3-4,000, now there are already sets under $1000.
I was excited seeing a number of 4k tv's out with 3D for $1500 or less for a 55in model. It's upsetting if tv manufacturers are providing the hardware to support 4k 3D (although the final specs won't be finalized till 4k blurays finally make its way to market) but the movie studios are saying they won't support it. True, upscaling will never look as impressive as what true 4k 3d is capable of, but if that's the only way to enjoy 3D at home, so be it. It will still look better than 3D on 1080p and if consumers can show more support for the current generation of 3D titles, maybe it can send a message to the studios.

bread's done
Back