3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + Digital) is $20.97 at Walmart.com

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fantastic-Beasts-The-Crimes-of-Grindelwald-3D-Blu-ray-Blu-ray-Digital/964573134
Sold out

dont see it at amazon
Sold out on Amazon, still available via Wal-Mart. Unlike the disappointing 3-D of the other DCU films, Aquaman is good enough to show off to friends, especially those who question 3-D's viability.

I didn't know this existed until I saw this. So is it really $80 bucks or more? Also do you have a recommendation on which Spiderman Spiderverse 3D version. I heard some have better audio than others.
I paid $60 for it after everything, the 3d is ok, probably not worth the money if your not an enthusiast.

Haven’t watched Spider-Man yet, but that one was released in several countries. I think France got a 4k 3d combo, unsure of the audio.

Alita: Battle Angel is supposed to be getting a 4K/3D combo in the US.  The 3D version is being advertised as a bonus feature.  No preorders yet anywhere as far as I can tell.

Bunch of titles for $15 @ WB Store. No free shipping until your order hours $100, though ...

https://www.wbshop.com/collections/blu-ray-3d-sale
Even with shipping, this is a pretty good deal, as many of these have yet to get a good sale. Shame no Fantastic Beasts films, but I picked up Ready Player One and Lego Ninjago for just under $20 each including shipping and taxes. Those who buy more will do even better per title, as the shipping increase for larger dollar amount orders is small after the initial assessment.

Even with shipping, this is a pretty good deal, as many of these have yet to get a good sale. Shame no Fantastic Beasts films, but I picked up Ready Player One and Lego Ninjago for just under $20 each including shipping and taxes. Those who buy more will do even better per title, as the shipping increase for larger dollar amount orders is small after the initial assessment.
Yep, I snagged several with the intent of selling the blus and digital codes where possible. Literally just want the 3D, and I don't anticipate many of these being cheaper elsewhere.

Alita Battle Angel 4K/3D is up on amazon now. $50. I’m assuming/hoping there will a significant price cut before release

Alita Battle Angel 4K/3D is up on amazon now. $50. I’m assuming/hoping there will a significant price cut before release

The steelbook, which includes 3D and 4K, is $34.99 at Best Buy
I preordered the steelbook, but Best Buy has the standard 4K/3D combo for $29.99. Amazon is just being their typical self with first listing at as high a price as they can get away with, then pricematching whoever sells it for less. They will match BB soon, if they haven't already.

I preordered the steelbook, but Best Buy has the standard 4K/3D combo for $29.99. Amazon is just being their typical self with first listing at as high a price as they can get away with, then pricematching whoever sells it for less. They will match BB soon, if they haven't already.
Anyone think this is going to be a limited print? I'd rather wait for a deal if it's just going to be the standard release.

I have a feeling the steelbook will be fairly limited given as it sold out for shipping in under a day, whereas most Best Buy steelbooks take much longer than that to sell out for shipping in the preorder phase.  It could come back in stock but it probably won't last a while.  My speculative prediction is 4-8 copies per BB location at launch.

The standard edition won't be limited though.  At least it shouldn't be.

T

Is the steelbook or the regular combo pack going to be limited, is that what you’re asking?
The 4k and 3D together is more of what i was asking. Never seen it stateside before so i was hoping that it wasn't limited. I liked the movie but not $30 liked.

T

The 4k and 3D together is more of what i was asking. Never seen it stateside before so i was hoping that it wasn't limited. I liked the movie but not $30 liked.
I think only Angry Birds, Kong, and now Alita had the 4K/3D combo in the US. Sadly its a rare occurrence [emoji21].

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

I think only Angry Birds, Kong, and now Alita had the 4K/3D combo in the US. Sadly its a rare occurrence [emoji21].

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk
Passengers, Billy Lynn’s Ling Halftime Wall, and Ghostbusters (2016) did as well. The combo releases for Kong and GotG 2 were both really limited Best Buy exclusives. Shout also released several IMAX nature specials in 4K/3D combos.

I have a feeling the steelbook will be fairly limited given as it sold out for shipping in under a day, whereas most Best Buy steelbooks take much longer than that to sell out for shipping in the preorder phase. It could come back in stock but it probably won't last a while. My speculative prediction is 4-8 copies per BB location at launch.

The standard edition won't be limited though. At least it shouldn't be.
The steelbook will be “limited” of course but hard to guess what sells out release day and what lingers in shelves for month these days. Tyvok over at the blu ray boards always give a per store estimate the week they arrive at his store but with this being the first 4K/3D combo in a while it’ll likely sell out at least during release week with people scooping them up because of the rarity of this combo pack and great value. Probably won’t be a day 1 sell out just because the movie was meh at best.
Whatever the case it will pop in and out of stock to order online between now and release day.

Whatever the case it will pop in and out of stock to order online between now and release day.
Please post here if it does for the people that haven't ordered yet but want to. I have my doubts it will go back in stock again until right on release morning at 1:00 - 1:30 AM EST (a la typical BB steelbooks).

Hi. Picked up some 3d blu rsys for $2 a piece. Does anyone know if the ps3 and the xbox one s/ xbox one x play 3d movies?

Also, can 4k tv that can also play 3d movies on the screen?

Hi. Picked up some 3d blu rsys for $2 a piece. Does anyone know if the ps3 and the xbox one s/ xbox one x play 3d movies?

PS3 can, not sure about Xbox. Manufacturers stopped making 3D TVs a year or 2 ago. Not sure if anyone besides LG had a 4K tv with 3D (which is what I have)

I have the Samsung JS8500 that plays 3d and 4K HDR. Only samsung that can do both.

The Sony Z9D can also do both 3d and 4KHDR

Several reward items on the Disney Movie Rewards site are 'on sale' through 8/15 and a few 3D Blu-Rays are included:

https://www.disneymovierewards.com/rewards/browse/search/all?q=Sale2019&sort=pl&page=1&cmp=DMR|EMC|NLC|2019|AUG|12|REWARDS|summer-rewards-sale|HERO|seerewards|DMRLIST|Marvel-SW-Aff|US

450 points - Planes 3D Blu-Ray Combo Pack
  800 points - The Good Dinosaur 3D Blu-Ray Combo Pack
1000 points - Chicken Little 3D Blu-Ray Combo Pack

1200 points - The Jungle Book (Live Action) 3D Blu-Ray Combo Pack

1200 points - Inside Out 3D Blu-Ray Combo Pack

I went ahead and grabbed Planes 3D as I already own all of the others.

I actually got Chicken Little and the 2 Pixar films from DMR when they were first available a few years back but I'm pretty sure I had to use at least 2000 points on each movie at the time. Oh well...

Several reward items on the Disney Movie Rewards site are 'on sale' through 8/15 and a few 3D Blu-Rays are included:

https://www.disneymovierewards.com/rewards/browse/search/all?q=Sale2019&sort=pl&page=1&cmp=DMR|EMC|NLC|2019|AUG|12|REWARDS|summer-rewards-sale|HERO|seerewards|DMRLIST|Marvel-SW-Aff|US

I actually got Chicken Little and the 2 Pixar films from DMR when they were first available a few years back but I'm pretty sure I had to use at least 2000 points on each movie at the time. Oh well...
Thanks for posting. Snagged Planes. That's insane.

Got Chicken Little and Planes - especially good when you consider each of them includes 200 points. Also wish I had waited - picked up Dinosaur a few months ago.

Disney rewards is having a sale, some 3d blue in there. I ordered Force Awakens combo for 600 points.
Seriously, who doesn't have Force Awakens by now? Still, like last month, great deals to be had, only even better this time. I''ve nothing left to buy, having bought everything last month, or (gasp) at full price at some point in the past. Those who still have titles you want, this will probably be the cheapest you'll find them, as many are selling out and not getting replenished. Probably Disney clearing out their 3-D and other titles.

Disney rewards is having a sale, some 3d blue in there. I ordered Force Awakens combo for 600 points.
Nice. I was hoping John Carter 3D was included but it doesn't look like its one of them. I kind of slept on the 3D version of that and now I can't find it anywhere. Really neat flick, too. Definitely underrated in my opinion.

For me personally, UHD is a format too far. Ive already spent the last few years slowly upgrading my collection originally VHS from DVD to Blu-Ray. I dont think Ill be inclined to spend yet another decade upgrading all my discs again for those few extra pixels. But then again, if the only way to upgrade The Shining, is to buy a UHD along with the blu-ray...who knows?
I've pondered this dilemma a few times. When Blu-Ray found it's groove and we started getting true 1080P capability, the jump in video quality felt significant enough that I wanted to upgrade most of my collection. With 4K I haven't felt the same, however as newer movies release that I don't already own, if 4K is an option I will try to get it in most cases. But I don't find myself needing to re-buy things in 4K that I already have on Blu.

I've pondered this dilemma a few times. When Blu-Ray found it's groove and we started getting true 1080P capability, the jump in video quality felt significant enough that I wanted to upgrade most of my collection. With 4K I haven't felt the same, however as newer movies release that I don't already own, if 4K is an option I will try to get it in most cases. But I don't find myself needing to re-buy things in 4K that I already have on Blu.
Problem is that most stuff coming out on 4k is really only unconverted 2K scans. Once you see a true 4K presentation with HDR10+ it's astounding.

HDR is more important to me than raw resolution at television levels. Gemini Man in 2k60/3d Dolby Vision was breathtaking and will be amazing when it comes home.

I looked over at the blu Ray forums and I don’t think there’s a 3D blu release anywhere
I saw it 3D HFR last weekend and it looked pretty awesome

I looked over at the blu Ray forums and I don’t think there’s a 3D blu release anywhere
I saw it 3D HFR last weekend and it looked pretty awesome
It’s a Paramount release so it’s highly unlikely—they stopped doing 3D releases a while back. For Billy Lynn, Sony released a 3D/4K combo that even had the 4K in 60fps. Doubt we’ll even get the latter from Paramount.

Big Lots seems to have a lot of cheap 3D movies right now.  Picked up Immortals for $1.25 earlier this week.  Saw Star Trek: Into Darkness, but I think that was $5.

bread's done
Back