3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, I've heard nothing but good things about that movie from quite a few people I know. I'm picking up the 3D Blu-ray myself, based on that. I wanted to see it in the theater but never had the time.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Probably extremely YMMV, but I picked up the Panasonic Avatar Set (with 2 pairs of 3D glasses) for $20 at Sears.[/QUOTE]

was that a deal or a Clearance item

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Does anyone know if Resident Evil Retribution 3D is cheaper than $27.99 anywhere, anytime soon??[/QUOTE]

If you have a Columbia House account, it can be had for $20.56 shipped ($27.57 - $10/25 coupon 20130105BRT1B + $2.99 shipping)

[quote name='vtalon']Juist noticed Avatar 3D is $19.99 at Best Buy and Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, been waiting on this price!

[quote name='vtalon']Juist noticed Avatar 3D is $19.99 at Best Buy and Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...I got the extended edition, but I'm tempted to get it in 3D.

Will be checking this thread from now on. Just got a 3d tv and only have Cave of forgotten dreams and transformers 3 so will be on the look out for some cheap 3G bluray goodness.

Anyone found the Toy Story movies for around the $20 each mark? I'm hopefully that they might go on sale during the Upgrade and Save promo at Best Buy, but on the lookout until then.

[quote name='ryosnk']Will be checking this thread from now on. Just got a 3d tv and only have Cave of forgotten dreams and transformers 3 so will be on the look out for some cheap 3G bluray goodness.[/QUOTE]

Definitely do. Haven't paid more than $20 for a 3D movie yet.

[quote name='ndshide']Anyone found the Toy Story movies for around the $20 each mark? I'm hopefully that they might go on sale during the Upgrade and Save promo at Best Buy, but on the lookout until then.[/QUOTE]

They Toy Story movies were all $19.99 before the holidays for a while @ Best Buy. (Along with most other Disney titles.)

Went to 3 Best Buys today and not a single copy of Avatar 3D at any of them. And I'm not going to risk ordering it online and not get the slipcover. Still got a few more stores to check.

This might be YMMV, but tonight I picked up the five disc set for Pixar's Up with 3D Blu-ray for $24.99 at the Huber Heights, Ohio Target store. It's marked as a $10 off sale price. Haven't seen it anywhere else for cheaper, myself. Must be in-store only, because I wasn't even able to find a listing for the 3D copy on their website.

[quote name='Navigator2001Plus']This might be YMMV, but tonight I picked up the five disc set for Pixar's Up with 3D Blu-ray for $24.99 at the Huber Heights, Ohio Target store. It's marked as a $10 off sale price. Haven't seen it anywhere else for cheaper, myself. Must be in-store only, because I wasn't even able to find a listing for the 3D copy on their website.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info. I'll have to try and run by Target sometime this week to see if that's a universal price drop for a sale or just your local Target.

[quote name='shrike4242']Thanks for the info. I'll have to try and run by Target sometime this week to see if that's a universal price drop for a sale or just your local Target.[/QUOTE]

Saw it for the same price at my target in Hadley,MA.

[quote name='Kueller']HDMI 1.4 only shows 3D 1080p video at 24fps.
[/QUOTE]

True!

[quote name='Kueller']So it doesn't matter what your TV's refresh rate is.[/QUOTE]

False!

Obviously, an active TV needs to have a high refresh rate or active 3D doesn't work. A passive TV still needs to be at least 120hz, or else it has do peform pulldown conversion on the 24fps, and who wants that? In either case, your TV's refresh matters. With 24fps at 120hz (2d or passive 3D), each frame is shown 5 times. Or, as was the original question, it might be "smooth motion"ed or some other form of CFI where new 'black magic' frames are inserted betwixt the originals to artificially increase the frame rate.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hmmm...I got the extended edition, but I'm tempted to get it in 3D.[/QUOTE]

Those two don't exist together yet.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Dredd 3D will go up to $22.99+ on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Rather unfortunate it's going up. I have been to at least 5 best buy stores in the past week in two different stares and cant find a single copy of Dredd. All of the employees say the stores got 5 copies each. Plenty of Frankenweenie to go around though.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Dredd 3D will go up to $22.99+ on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Really?! I was waiting until Sunday but it looks like I'll be getting this today then. Worst comes to worse I can just do a return/rebuy tomorrow.

[quote name='shrike4242']No sign of it at one local Target, so it's off to find it at another one.[/QUOTE]

I found it in my local Target, but it took a bit of digging. There was an endcap with a lot of Disney and animated Blu Rays including 2D Up, but not 3D. I looked for itin the animated/kids section with no luck. I then dug around a different square endcap and found two copies on the back side (facing the other DVD/BD racks). It was still on sale so I grabbed a copy!

[quote name='SweetP1983']Is it just me or does Dredd 3D look grainy? Or is it supposed to be like that? Either way I'm enjoying the film.[/QUOTE]

As I recall, that was the style they went with. I would have easily picked it up for $15, but I'll pass now that the price is going back up.

A bunch of the 3D movies at Best Buy are still $15 - $5 coupon = $10

Wrath and Clash of Titans
Harold Kumar christmas
Final Destination and FD5
a few others also....debating to get a few for $10

[quote name='pablo escobar']I liked the Clash movie but the 3d was terrible, Wrath has much better 3d but I didn't like the movie as much. Harold and Kumar has some great 3d[/QUOTE]

I gotta do the same with Harold and Kumar along with the steels of Book of Eli and Shawshank.

Any deals on Silent Hill? I think I'm going to have to break down and preorder it from Amazon.

[quote name='lukenot']Wanted to follow up with some feedback on these glasses now that I have been using them for a few days.

They are fantastic. By far, the sharpest DLP link glasses I own. I will have to recalibrate my brightness and contrast a hair, but these are way superior to the Xpands and Ultraclears I have been using over the past year. They are also very comfortable and fit right over my normal glasses without issue.

Off to order another pair.[/QUOTE]

It's a good thing we bought them when we did they're up to $124 a pair now!! :roll:

[quote name='mvp828']^ I also noticed Avatar is $20 before U&S coupon.[/QUOTE]

My store is out of stock

[quote name='Navigator2001Plus']The Avengers 3D is $24.96 at Amazon right now. Not the cheapest it's been (got mine for $20 at Target when it came out), but someone might be interested. It's usually closer to $30 or more.
http://www.amazon.com/Marvels-Aveng...1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1359278204&sr=1-2[/QUOTE]

It's been like that for a little over a week. I'm tempted to try to PM at Amazon, but I think the online PM stopped after X-Mas. $25 - $5 U&S off would be sweet.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It's been like that for a little over a week. I'm tempted to try to PM at Amazon, but I think the online PM stopped after X-Mas. $25 - $5 U&S off would be sweet.[/QUOTE]

Obviously no U&S, but don't forget Target is doing online PMs now.

Good luck on PM'ing and using a coupon at the same time... most BB employees seem to follow the store policy of "one or the other" because the system won't allow it automatically and an override requires a manager (who will most likely be well-versed in BB policies and not allow it).

AFAIK, PM'ing Amazon is a now year-round thing for BB... but the employee I talked to before the Christmas shopping season might not have known what they were talking about.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']Good luck on PM'ing and using a coupon at the same time... most BB employees seem to follow the store policy of "one or the other" because the system won't allow it automatically and an override requires a manager (who will most likely be well-versed in BB policies and not allow it).

AFAIK, PM'ing Amazon is a now year-round thing for BB... but the employee I talked to before the Christmas shopping season might not have known what they were talking about.[/QUOTE]

I have had pretty good luck with price matching and using a coupon at Walmart - but of course that is price matching retail ads and not Internet retailers. I usually go early in the AM on the way to work and pick up a few things. I note the price match before anything is rung up so any manager approvals are done and wait until everything else is rung up before giving the coupon. Once I had a cashier look at the coupon twice, but typically they just scan it and if it goes through they take it. I don't know if this is policy, luck on my part or just the early morning cashiers being more flexible but I have gotten a number of 3D Blu Rays at very low prices by doing this.

Went to Fry's on Friday and picked up the following 3D blu-ray's for $12.99 each:

Clash of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans
Legend of the Guardians
Happy Feet 2
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2
Polar Express

[quote name='lross']Went to Fry's on Friday and picked up the following 3D blu-ray's for $12.99 each:

Clash of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans
Legend of the Guardians
Happy Feet 2
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2
Polar Express[/QUOTE]
I miss living in a city with a Fry's. Even better than buying stuff there is forcing a Best Buy PM of those massive Friday ads and getting rewardzone points.

Tthe fry's by me has bastbuy exclusive stickers on those as well as final destination 5. I wanted to pick up Clash of the Titans but they were charging 19.99 for it, oh well

bread's done
Back