3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone watch the Hobbit in 3D? It seemed jittery at times....my wife made me turn it off after 5 minutes, so I didn't watch the whole thing in 3D. Just curious

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone watch the Hobbit in 3D? It seemed jittery at times....my wife made me turn it off after 5 minutes, so I didn't watch the whole thing in 3D. Just curious[/QUOTE]

I watched the first 15 minutes or so and I definitely see what you're saying. It has a different look than most 3D movies. I started to adjust after a few minutes, though I haven't watched the whole thing yet.

Anyone familiar with 3D glasses, could you answer something for me? Last week, when BB dropped their price of the PS3 3D glasses to $13, I ordered two pair for pick-up at the Best Buy near my daughter's grandparents and had them pick them up.

I just got them from the grandparents yesterday and one of them is the correct glasses, the other was the Sony TDG-BR250 glasses. Normally, I would be happy to get an upgraded pair of glasses for the same price, but I wanted the PS3 3D glasses because they are universal and work with my Samsung. My problem is, I've tried looking them up, but I was trying to find out if the BR250s are universal as well but can't find anything.

I could just open them up and try them, but I'd prefer to keep them sealed just in case they don't work for me. Does anyone know?

[quote name='sp00ge']Anyone familiar with 3D glasses, could you answer something for me? Last week, when BB dropped their price of the PS3 3D glasses to $13, I ordered two pair for pick-up at the Best Buy near my daughter's grandparents and had them pick them up.

I just got them from the grandparents yesterday and one of them is the correct glasses, the other was the Sony TDG-BR250 glasses. Normally, I would be happy to get an upgraded pair of glasses for the same price, but I wanted the PS3 3D glasses because they are universal and work with my Samsung. My problem is, I've tried looking them up, but I was trying to find out if the BR250s are universal as well but can't find anything.

I could just open them up and try them, but I'd prefer to keep them sealed just in case they don't work for me. Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]
They are probably not compatible.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414831/rf-bluetooth-3d-glasses-compatibility-thread

[quote name='sp00ge']Anyone familiar with 3D glasses, could you answer something for me? Last week, when BB dropped their price of the PS3 3D glasses to $13, I ordered two pair for pick-up at the Best Buy near my daughter's grandparents and had them pick them up.

I could just open them up and try them, but I'd prefer to keep them sealed just in case they don't work for me. Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I think they both use the same IR for 3d, so they should be the same, and some people find them more comfortable than the ps3 glasses. If you're samsung is not the older version that uses IR instead of RF, it won't work and neither will the ps3 glasses. Newer samsungs use rf. If your samsung is IR, then you got an upgrade since these haven't been on sale as much as the ps3 glasses.

[quote name='scottman']I think they both use the same IR for 3d, so they should be the same, and some people find them more comfortable than the ps3 glasses. If you're samsung is not the older version that uses IR instead of RF, it won't work and neither will the ps3 glasses. Newer samsungs use rf. If your samsung is IR, then you got an upgrade since these haven't been on sale as much as the ps3 glasses.[/QUOTE]

Well, after reading the AVS thread linked above, they are still compatible with the PS3 3D display, which I also have. I decided to open them, since I could still use them with the PS3 display if anything. Unfortunately, they don't work with the Samsung, unlike the PS3 glasses, which do.

And yes, my Samsung is a 2010 it IR.

[quote name='jazzman']Debating on getting Despicable Me 3D. Already own the 2D version, but is it worth double dipping?[/QUOTE]

I try not to DD. Only if you can sell 2D off then yes. Of note, there will very likely be another batch with $8 HMM for Despicable 2.

[quote name='Pounce!']I try not to DD. Only if you can sell 2D off then yes. Of note, there will very likely be another batch with $8 HMM for Despicable 2.[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw a copy with the HMM at BB.

[quote name='freshzen']47LM6700 is $800 on buy.com with $40 worth of points. Much better tv...although you may be better off with the tc-p50st50 Panasonic plasma on paulstv.com for $900.[/QUOTE]

I bought the 47LM6700 off Newegg roughly a month ago for $700. I'm currently on my third one after having problems with light bleed. The first two had really bad flashlighting in the top left and right corners respectively.

My current one, which I just received today has almost zero light bleed (just a touch on the left edge, but it disappears with local dimming on low), though it does have one stuck/dead pixel near the center of the screen. I can't see it when sitting back at a regular viewing distance (anything farther than like three feet) though.

I've seen quite a few people complain about light bleed issues as well over on avsforum in the thread for this TV. Just a warning to anyone looking at this TV. LG's quality control seems to be rather low, so you may wind up going through multiple TV's until you get one that you're happy with. I'd say if you're looking at this particular model, go with a reputable site that has solid customer service just incase you have to do a couple RMA's.

[quote name='SEH']I bought the 47LM6700 off Newegg roughly a month ago for $700. I'm currently on my third one after having problems with light bleed. The first two had really bad flashlighting in the top left and right corners respectively.

My current one, which I just received today has almost zero light bleed (just a touch on the left edge, but it disappears with local dimming on low), though it does have one stuck/dead pixel near the center of the screen. I can't see it when sitting back at a regular viewing distance (anything farther than like three feet) though.

I've seen quite a few people complain about light bleed issues as well over on avsforum in the thread for this TV. Just a warning to anyone looking at this TV. LG's quality control seems to be rather low, so you may wind up going through multiple TV's until you get one that you're happy with. I'd say if you're looking at this particular model, go with a reputable site that has solid customer service just incase you have to do a couple RMA's.[/QUOTE]

For what its worth I think LG makes some best-worst tvs you can buy. In terms of design, UI, ease of use, and overall all value you get a great bang for your buck, thats really the only good thing about their products.

However, the build quality is really iffy from tv to tv. I went through 3 LG tvs, till I got one that had really small amounts of light bleeding and flashlighting. Worst yet as my tv aged (its going on 1.5 yrs old), I noticed the refresh rate is off on some of the pixels. This gives zooming out and zooming in and panning shots in moves to have a weird checker board effect and ziggy line effect (in 2d and 3rd). Also on a totally white scene you can tell some pixels are "whiter" then other pixels. I did the LG hack and unlocked my TV's CPU/GPU settings and made it the best version of the 120HZ 47 inch display (the display and CPU are the same, LG just locks somethings out on my model), Also on a side note, don't unlock an LG tv and up the specs unless its been confirmed the CPU/GPU and capacitors are the same between a cheaper model and a more expensive model as you can really mess up the tv. I will say the THX settings and local dimming really helped, but the picture still leaves a lot to desire. I really love LG's 3d tech as it doesn't make me dizzy or give me eye strain (its really great tech for gamers), but I will say other then its 3d use its a really subpar 2d tv. I wish I spent a few hundo more and went with a sony or a samsung.

I've got the picture on my LM6700 looking really, really good after doing some tweaks to the settings. Not quite on par with the old Samsung plasma it replaced, but I'm fine with that considering one is a plasma and one is an LED. I'm actually quite surprised how good the blacks look on the set. As you mentioned too, the 3D on LG's sets is really outstanding.

I'd have super positive things to say about LG had I not had to go through the RMA fiasco multiple times with Newegg. I know there is always the chance of getting a dud, but the flashlighting on the first two was so bad that I really don't think it was just a coincidence, but rather the fact that their quality control leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm really happy with my television now, a month after actually purchasing the initial one. However, I don't think I'd honestly recommend LG to anyone looking for a new television, at least not their LED sets.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I was pretty disappointed when I heard that The Little Mermaid 3D's theatrical release was cancelled, but it looks like Disney actually finished it and they'll be releasing it on 3D Blu.[/QUOTE]

While I couldn't care less about a theatrical release, I'm really glad they still did the 3D-BD as it's my favorite Disney animated film.

In fact--I would love it if they released films to 3D-BD day-and-date with the theater--I'd skip the theater ever time. Only reason I even bother with some films is to avoid getting spoiled. Otherwise, I can easily wait the 3 months or so for the home video release.

Updated the wiki with a bunch of upcoming titles (am I the only one who ever updates it?!).
Looks like June should be a pretty cool month with a new 3D-BD out each week!

[quote name='KyleN']Updated the wiki with a bunch of upcoming titles (am I the only one who ever updates it?!).
Looks like June should be a pretty cool month with a new 3D-BD out each week![/QUOTE]
Not only that you might be the only person that even looks at it. :D

[quote name='hollowfreak']Yeah I could careless about theatrical releases, my system sounds way better than any theatre I've ever been too.

There was a $5 off coupon when I followed that link. Bringing it down to $30. Not too bad for a Disney 3D Blu at release.[/QUOTE]It won't be $30 at time of release.

Depending on who has it cheaper between Target and Best Buy, it'll likely be $19.99 - $24.99 at time of release after coupon. I'd bet $22.99 will be where it ends up, since BB and Target seem to want to price these releases at $27.99 before the coupon.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Not only that you might be the only person that even looks at it. :D[/QUOTE]

I use it all the time. Thanks for keeping it up to date!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Thanks, now to find the best B&M deal.[/QUOTE]

Well, if Best Buy allows both a Manufacturer and BB coupon in the same transaction (I'm not sure about this) you should be able to get it for $19.99 after this coupon and an "Upgrade and Save" coupon.

Knowing Best Buy, however, I don't think this is going to happen.

[quote name='nbballard']Just a heads up, I noticed that the John Carter 3D pack is available on Disney Movie Rewards. It was 2000 points.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Tron Legacy 3D is up for 2000 pts. also

[quote name='larrythefatcat']Well, if Best Buy allows both a Manufacturer and BB coupon in the same transaction (I'm not sure about this) you should be able to get it for $19.99 after this coupon and an "Upgrade and Save" coupon.

Knowing Best Buy, however, I don't think this is going to happen.[/QUOTE]

They actually do allow it. During the October U&S I picked up Prometheus and the Alien Anthology for I think $10 and $15.

[quote name='mvp828']They actually do allow it. During the October U&S I picked up Prometheus and the Alien Anthology for I think $10 and $15.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and some lucky bastards (that were able to find it in-store) got The Sandlot for $2.50 after U&S and Manufacturer's coupon.

[quote name='doubledown']So, anyone plan on getting GAMER in 3D?[/QUOTE]

I am, why not for $15. I've spent that much on lunch today.

I already pre-ordered from best buy back during one of those buy 3 BDs/get $10 GC deals--was going to buy the other 2 things anyway, so $5.

Actually, it was when they sent the free $10 RZ that you had to use w/in 2 days at end of March--still, only $5.

Thought the movie was decent but not a must to add to my collection. If the transfer is done really well, I may consider it. Especially only being $15.

[quote name='SweetP1983']Thought the movie was decent but not a must to add to my collection. If the transfer is done really well, I may consider it. Especially only being $15.[/QUOTE]
You may want to read the review I posted a few days ago. It has a different aspect ratio for some reason.

Just picked up The Green Hornet for $9.99 from Fry's. 3D and movie were decent but nothing showcase worthy.

Saw this posted on another site:

BB - 2 Day Sale - 3D Movies $19.99 ($14.99 after U&S)

Includes:

Rise of the Guardians
Top Gun
Madagascar 3
Monsters vs Aliens
Megamind
Titanic

All the above are on sale for $19.99 Friday-Saturday. $14.99 after U&S.

LINK

Went with Top Gun and Madagascar 3

In case anyone wonders...
Top Gun comes with iTunes HD version
Madagascar 3 comes with iTunes SD version + Extras

Sorry if this is the wrong place for it but anyone have opinions of How To Train Your Dragon in 3D? I love the film, just wondering how the 3D transfer is.

[quote name='abhinav']Sorry if this is the wrong place for it but anyone have opinions of How To Train Your Dragon in 3D? I love the film, just wondering how the 3D transfer is.[/QUOTE]
I enjoyed it, and am still very happy even with a double dip on the title. It's one of the more enjoyable CGI family blurays that my wife, kid and I equally love. We had watched the streaming 3D version on HBO twice before hand, so I had an idea what to expect in terms of the depth and application of 3D (although the streaming compression was no match to the 3d blu's PQ).

This review is pretty accurate IMHO (especially the part about the 3d master eschewing the more gimmicky 3D cliches & affectations). I would add that the 3D really helps flesh-out the physical presence of characters (and their differences)- the 3D also really heightens & improves some of the more emotional sequences and their impact (the first flight comes to mind- as the speed, depth and motion becomes much more immersive and- obviously- a more exhilarating emotional experience).

I heartily recommend the 3D blu to any fan of this film.

I like the Vudu app on the PS3 for checking out the quality of 3D movies. Type "3D" into the search bar and it shows a number of them.

Sometimes typing out the name of the movie will bring up what doesn't show up under the 3D list. They have a handful of them, not all.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I like the Vudu app on the PS3 for checking out the quality of 3D movies. Type "3D" into the search bar and it shows a number of them.

Sometimes typing out the name of the movie will bring up what doesn't show up under the 3D list. They have a handful of them, not all.[/QUOTE]

Damn, good to know. I never even thought of that. Thanks.

bread's done
Back